Migrated mailboxes.

I've successfully migrated some mailboxes over from a
Win/Exchange 2000 domain to a new Win/Exchange 2003
domain.  It created a disabled user for each of these
mailboxes.  I don't want to use these users as I have
already re-created them with correct permissions.  How
can I attache these new Users to the newly moved
mailboxes?

Thanks,

Tim M.
0
timm1 (1)

First of all make sure that your deleted mailbox retention settings are
configured to retain the mailbox for a while.

To accomplish this you will need to delete the mailbox from the "disabled
users", open ESM, run clean-up agent on the mailbox container of each
mailbox store where the disabed users mailboxes reside. When they appear w/
a red X, right-click and select reconnect you can then specify the new
account. Please note that the new account CAN NOT have a mailbox attached to
it already.

<timm@symetric.com> wrote in message
> I've successfully migrated some mailboxes over from a
> Win/Exchange 2000 domain to a new Win/Exchange 2003
> domain.  It created a disabled user for each of these
> mailboxes.  I don't want to use these users as I have
> already re-created them with correct permissions.  How
> can I attache these new Users to the newly moved
> mailboxes?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tim M.

0
Megan

System Attendant Mailbox #4
hi ng i 'accidentally' deleted the SystemMailbox in AD. Someone has an idea how to restore / rebuild / recreate / whatever that User ? Chris http://support.microsoft.com/kb/316622 On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 13:24:37 +0100, "Chris" <NOSSPAM_christian.muggli@highsystem.ch> wrote: >hi ng > >i 'accidentally' deleted the SystemMailbox in AD. Someone has an idea how to >restore / rebuild / recreate / whatever that User ? > >Chris > Just for clarification, Kb.316622 is for the SystemMailbox (which is what you mention in the body of your pos...

RE: Empty all mailboxes in a mail store
IA0KDQoJRm9yZ290IHRvIG1ldGlvbiBpdHMgRXhjaGFuZ2UgMjAwMC4gd2l0aCBTUDMgaW5zdGFs bGVkLg0KCQ0KCQ0KCSANCg0K ...

Can I move Exchange 5.5 SP2 mailboxes to Exchange 5.5 SP4?
Pardon me, I'm a newbie to Exchange. I have Exchange 5.5 SP2 running my mailboxes on an older NT 4.0 server SP5. I've put a new NT 4.0 server SP6a on-line. Can I run Exchange SP4 on this newer server and use exmerge to move my existing SP2 mailboxes over to this new server? What problems might arise? Thanks! Did you join the site? If so use Tools - Move Mailbox. If you didn't join the site then your likely to have different X500 DNs and have trouble replying to old messages if you go the Exmerge route. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS&qu...

how to move exchange 5.5 mailboxes to exchange 2003 on new server
hi we have three old server, its running nt server and exchange 5.5, we buy three new server,its running server 2003 and exchange 2003 we want ntserver and exchange 5.5 mailboxes,public folders, databases move to exchange 2003 on the new server. how to can i do? Well thanks Check this doc http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=77b6d819-c7b3-42d1-8fbb-fe6339ffa1ed&displaylang=en "Selcuk ARSLAN" wrote: > hi > we have three old server, its running nt server and exchange 5.5, we buy > three new server,its running server 2003 and exchange 2003 > w...

Running rules on mailbox other than the default
I seem to remember someone on her saying that rules in Outlook won't run on anything other than the default mailbox. I'm curious to know why that is and if anyone has ideas on how to get around that. My situation is as follows...I'm running Outlook 2003 that connects through Microsoft Exchange Server (I don't know which version). I have 3 different mailbox folders that I can access in Outlook: My personal mailbox (all the mail that comes in addressed to me), a mailbox for security issues (all the mail that comes in addressed to the security email), and another one for...

Script running isinteg -test for all mailbox stores on a server
Hi, Does anybody have a script for: 1. dismounting information stores 2. running isinteg for information store - output to a logfile 3. mounting information store again This would be a nice feature to run once and a while to check that everything is ok! Kind rgds Peter Jensen On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 10:33:17 +0200, "Peter Jensen" <peter.topp@mail.dk> wrote: >Hi, > >Does anybody have a script for: > >1. dismounting information stores >2. running isinteg for information store - output to a logfile >3. mounting information store again > >This would...

Exchange 5.5 sp4
What would cause multiple logon's associated with one mailbox? When viewing Exchange admin, Private Information Store, Logons.... I see a mailbox with about 20+ instances of logon activity. Is this because of the user is connecting to various mailboxes and/or calendars ? (which we are trying to confirm, at the time of posting) SRP On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:02:33 -0500, "Steve Paul" <srpaul01@charter.net> wrote: >What would cause multiple logon's associated with one mailbox? > >When viewing Exchange admin, Private Information Store, Logons.... >I see a...

Internal an external mailbox
Im using exchange for internal mails (companyname.local) and an ISP with POP3 service for external mails (companyname.com.mx). I use the POP3 conector to recive and send outside mails. If i send a mail, my address appear as "companyname.local" then people can not reply to my because an invalid address. What can i do to get my outside address to apear in these mail tha are for outside people, then they coul replay to my without address problem. Then stop doing that. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Jesus Bonill...

Permissions req'd to move mailboxes in E2K3
Hi all, In Exchange 2000, it was required that a person have Exchange Administrator rights to move a mailbox. I don't want to give the helpdesk the keys to the kingdom to simply move mailboxes. Right now they only have view only in Exchange and delegated rights in AD to do certain things. Has this been addressed in E2K3? If so, how do I delegate the rights to move mailboxes? This has not changed. See article: 316792 Minimum permissions necessary to perform Exchange-related tasks http://support.microsoft.com/?id=316792 Someone who is going to Move Mailboxes must have Exchange...

Data Migration Enquiries
Hi, I have a problem when trying to import data from MS CRM database to the CDF database. Below is the steps that i did to import ms crm data to the CDF database 1) I open up Enterprise Manager and navigate to MS CRM database. 2) I go to the Territory base table of the MS CRM database, right click and select Export Data. 3) I select the data source to be the MS CRM territory Base table in 1 server A and the data destination to be the CDF_Territory table in another server B. 4) when the data is tying to import to cdf table, it gives the error mesage of datatype incorrect. its understa...

Calendar sharing problem after migration to Exchange2003.
I have a mixed Exchange2003 - Exchange5.5 environment. After moving mailboxes to the 2003 info store, I can not share mailbox calendars without giving full access to the entire mailbox. Are there permission issues when working in a mixed environment? Dave. To give rights over specific folders, you should do this through Outlook permissions. You can control initial access to the mailbox and then grant access to specific folders. Teo "Dave" wrote: > I have a mixed Exchange2003 - Exchange5.5 environment. > > After moving mailboxes to the 2003 info store, I can not s...

HELP: Outlook (Express) doesn't use existing mailboxes.. BUG
I have two partitions on one hard drive. I keep usual Windows XP installation & any program installation in C:\ whilst keeping all personal user-created data files (eg. Word documents, MP3s, etc) in D:\. I know by default Outlook Express stores it's mailbox files at: C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew Wan\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{1821CA13-06FB-4D5C-88C0-5907BD5FF9DD}\Microsoft\Outlook Express and Outlook stores it's mailbox file at: C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew Wan\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst I used Outlook Express, Tools men...

Migration from Groupwise 5.5 to Exchange 2003
Hi, Can anyone point me in the right direction for tips and tricks on doing this migration. Thanks Marc http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp Patrick Rouse Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server www.workthin.com Please try the follwin links below. If 2003 information is scarce I would look at what it says for 2000 version of Exchange. http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/GroupWise.asp http://www.ftponline.com/wss/2003_06/magazine/departments/productroundup/ "Marc jacobs" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2e...

Exchange 2003 SP1 Mailbox Manger Erroring
Hi there I have an issue with Mailbox Manager not running on one exchange server (other Exchange servers run it fine) The issue started when the server was restarted after the security updates KB896727, KB899588 and KB896423 were installed. These updates were installed on all the Exchange servers, but only one has the issue. (thus I am pretty sure it was not the updates that caused the issue) When Mailbox Manager runs two errors are logged in the application event log Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI Session Event ID: 9175 The MAPI call 'OpenMsgSt...

Migrating Custom Recipients from 5.5 to 2003
I have a folder with many "custom recipients", actually smtp addresses, in E5.5. Most of my regular mailboxes are already moved to E2003, and ADC is working nicely. My question is, before I can remove 55 from the organization, how do I get the custom recipients to AD/E2K3? Or will they just stay in the GAL? Thanks, Tom J ADC will create contacts in AD for the custom recipients if you have an appropriate connection agreement covering them. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <TomJatHub@Hotmail.com> wrote in message...

All new users can't access their mailbox from Outlook
Any ideas why all new users when created can't access the mailbox, in the exchange setup, the server is correct as is mailbox but it errors, Can't find user.. If you check the user properties in ADUC, do you see email addresses for them on the E-Mail Addresses tab? Do they show in the GAL? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Dale" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0f6d01c4abdb$c100a910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any ideas why all new users when created can't access the &...

Domain Migration
We have recently aquired a new client and upgaraded their exchange server from 2000 to 2003, this exchange server was also their primary DC. Everything we smoothly except for one major issue. The old domain was acbtech.local and we have no changed and added everyone to the new domain abc.local, we migrated all mail, all settings, all exchange information but the problem we have run into is when someone tries to reply to an email from before the migration, or change a scheduled meeting/appointment in a shared calendar the users are unable to either send on behalf, or the emails bounce b...

data migration
Any idea how to import all emails from exchange with attachments into MS CRM ? I used the CDF but this is very limited for mails (no creation date, etc.. and No attachments) Any ideas are welcome. Wim Scribe Insight for Microsoft CRM .. see www.scribesoft.com Peter Lynch "Wim" <wim.geukens@traviata.be> wrote in message news:59875b5c.0501070706.2897f578@posting.google.com... > Any idea how to import all emails from exchange with attachments into > MS CRM ? > I used the CDF but this is very limited for mails (no creation date, > etc.. and No attachments) > ...

Regarding users mailbox
Hello, We have a setup of exchange server 5.5 with interner mailbridge.Our company strength is somewhere aroung 120.How do I check or administer perticular users mailbox.Please comment. Thanks & Regards, Yogesh ...

[IMAP migration] Bad timestamp in receive column
Hi', I'm trying to migrate e-mails from Domino to Exchange server. I use "imapcopy" to do the job. Copy works great but when i take a look in my Outlook 2007, in the column "receive" i see that all my e-mails get the date of the migration and not the real arrival date. I try to use Thunderbird to check my new exchange 2007 mailbox and from Thunderbird dates are ok. It seems that Outlook doesn't read e- mail headers. Is there any solution (like a script redefining all dates of exchange 2007 database ?) Exchange server : Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2007 SP1 ...

migration data crm sbe in crm premium
Hallo! it is possible to migrate data crm sbe in a new crm premium? thanks in advanced You mean to CRM Professional. Good question. I have the same question. I tried a couple months ago, but I couldn't get it to work. I tried installing CRM Pro, but no way could I connect to the existing CRM SBE database. Boolean1 <zamoinfo@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1173186043.593965.130640@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups.com... > Hallo! > it is possible to migrate data crm sbe in a new crm premium? > thanks in advanced > ...

Two Mailbox Setup
Here's a tale of un-documentation (woe is me). If someone can give me the solution again, I'd much appreciate it. Here's the scenario I have previously achieved with a SBS2003/Exchange2003/Outlook2003 setup: 1. Two domains (domain1.com and domain2.com). 2. Create two users in AD. Names are SLIGHTLY different (add a middle initital for one user). For example: Adam H. Smith and Adam Smith. Email addresses are: adam@domain1.com and adam@domain2.com. 3. Set up Outlook for this user by pulling in both mailboxes. Train user to use FROM field and pick the email address he wan...

How can you arrange, multiple mailboxes on the folder list view?
Do you know how to arrange the appearance of multiple mailboxes on the folder list? If so please let me know, thanks, this is for Outlook 2002 I don't think it's possible -- the Folder List is always arranged alphabetically. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1c79801c42238$e9f4e430$a301280a@phx.gbl, Sean wrote: > Do you know how to arrange the appearance of multiple > mailboxes on the folder list? If so please let me know, > th...

Removing last Exchange 2003 server after migration to Exchange 2007
We've just completed a migration from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007 and I'm going to have to start thinking about removing the last Exchange 2003 server, which was also the first Exchange 2003 server that was installed. There are no user mailboxes left on the Exchange 2003 server although there are still replicas of public folders, we're still using Outloook 2003 if that makes a difference. I'm sort of expecting issues with Default Offline Address list, public folders, the Exchange 2007 / Exchange 2003 connector and probably some stuff that needs to be manually deleted...

Migrating from Windows XP 32-bit to Windows 7 64-bit
Got an existing PC that is 64-bit compatible, but I've been running 32-bit XP on it for ages. Now it's getting time to leave the XP behind. Didn't bother with Vista, like most people. I'm going to be going to Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Now, I'm aware that there isn't any official migration path between XP and Win7, and especially not between 32-bit and 64-bit. What I need to know is if I install Win7 to the same partition as XP, will it overwrite XP, or will it install to a different directory? Or do I need to install to a different disk or partition? I'...