migrate mailbox store from exchange 2000 server

Hi all. I have an exchange 2000 server running on windows 2000 server. It is
also a domain controller. Recently my active directory got corrupted and my
users can't access their mailboxes. As there is no backup, i cannot restore
my AD. However i need to retrieve data that is still in my mailbox store.
Hence i would like to know if it is possible to get back my mailbox store by
backing up the mailbox store(mdb file) and transfer the mdb file to another
exchange machine by selecting to mount the store? Thks in advance.
0
inenewbl (26)

On Wed, 7 Mar 2007 23:20:03 -0800, inenewbl
<inenewbl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi all. I have an exchange 2000 server running on windows 2000 server. It is
>also a domain controller. Recently my active directory got corrupted and my
>users can't access their mailboxes. As there is no backup, i cannot restore
>my AD. However i need to retrieve data that is still in my mailbox store.
>Hence i would like to know if it is possible to get back my mailbox store by
>backing up the mailbox store(mdb file) and transfer the mdb file to another
>exchange machine by selecting to mount the store? Thks in advance.

If AD is toast and you have no backups,  then you wont be able to
mount the store regardless.
Check out 3rd party products from Quest or OnTrack

http://www.quest.com/recovery_manager_for_exchange/
http://www.ontrackpowercontrols.com/

0
adavid (8731)

Outlook 2000 #202
Running windows 98 and outlook 2000. has run well for several years. Recently had problems getting on-line. That problem now solved. However, now when I try to run Outlook 2000, I get following error notification: "An OLE registration error has occurred. The program is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." I have assumed this referrs to Outlook. I have run setup several times, even uninstalling outlook and reinstalling, to no avail. Any ideas where the problem lies?? ...

I have an older version 98 file and would like to open with P-2000
I have a file that was sent to me that I think was saved with Publisher 98 and I am using Publisher 2000, how can I open this file to view it? Thank you for your help Publisher 2000 will open 98 Publisher files. Your sender probably has sent you a 2002 or 03 file. Have your sender save the file as 98 and re-send. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Sabrina" <Sabrina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F1D557A-0650-4F91-80C5-783F8853676F@microsoft.com... >I have a file that was sent to m...

OWA 2003 Log Off Button gives HTTP 500 Internal Server Error
When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error message. Everything else seems to be working fine. There's a KB about this. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Warren" <Warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97769784-4AA2-4445-A0AA-86E0581681A1@microsoft.com... > When Logging off of 2003 OWA I get a page cannot be displayed error > message. > Everything else seems to be working fine. Ed, I did a search in the Knowledge Base and found nothing!!!! Help! Warren ...

Latest Exchange Administrator Needed admin.exe = 5.5.2655.33
If any body knows were to download the Exchange Admin (admin.exe Version 5.5.2655.33). I am having a problem with mailbox sizes being incorrectly diplayed in Exchange admin. I have dozens of Executives that have mailboxes over 4 or 5 GB and I have no way of correctly reporting there sizes other than using ExMerge. Please help..... Hi Ed, You will need to call into our Tech Support and refer to the following Knowledge Base article and tell them that you need the hotfix. 305829 XADM: Incorrect Mailbox Size Is Displayed in Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=305829 -- Thanks,...

Exchange server unreachable after being moved
Hello, people. I hope you could help me with this issue. We have two Exchange 2003 servers (A and B) in our organization. The server A is the main server and as it was needed, server B was added in the same Administrative group in the same site. But the last server (B) was ment to inhabit in another country, so this server was sent to my coutry. Now they both keep a constant communication via VPN. The problem is that since de the server is here, only internal message can be delivered (among mailboxes in this server) but not messages between servers (I mean, a message sent from a mail...

Port 25 telnet on Exchange 2K3 servers
Hi, Installed 3 new Exchange 2K3 SP2 for a client the other day, but unable to telnet to port 25, even on the servers them selves... the servers are 2 Enterprise & 1 standard 2K3 SP2, they also have Mcafee Antivirus ( file level with Exchange folder exclusion ) and Mcafee GroupShield on them... Curiously all email functions are ok, able to send and receive internally and to Internet, just not able to telnet to port 25 on any servers... If I add another port to the SMTP VS, then able to telnet that port, but not 25, so I think one of the Anti-virus programs is stopping port 25... ...

Getting date stored as text into real date?
A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet function that will change this to an Excel-recognized date? Or a macro? The error checking doesn't flag this. Ed With your text date in A1, try this in B1: =DATE(LEFT(A1,4),MID(A1,5,2),(RIGHT(A1,2)) Hope this helps. Pete On Dec 17, 1:12 pm, Ed from AZ <prof_ofw...@yahoo.com> wrote: > A database query program outputs everything as a text string. One of > the fields is a date, formatted as yyyymmdd. Is there a worksheet > function t...

Where is the strikethrough in Publisher 2000, 2003, 2007???
I have tried several versions of Publisher and none have strikethrough as an available style of font. I hate to say it but my end users are not savvy enough to want or are able to draw a line down the middle of every sentence of a paragraph. Why has this been an oversight in publisher for so long? Microsoft PLEASE give me strikethrough in publisher! Is it there and just hidden? On a side note, anyone know of any strikethrough fonts that I could use in publisher? Know how to make one? There is no strikethrough option in Publisher. We just draw a line where we want it and group it ...

Running ESEUTIL on a Exchange 2003
I don't have the necessary disk drive space on my C: drive but I do have it on my drive M: which is attached to the SAN. Do I need to copy the following files: Eseutil.exe, Ese.dll, Jcb.dll, Exosal.dll, and Exchmem.dll (this is what it says in 244525 for exchange 2000, is it still the same for Exchange? Or can I just run it the utility from C: and will it create the temp files on the drive where the store is located? -- Eric Sabo NT Administrator Are you trying to run a defrag? If so, you can use the /t switch to specify where to create the temp files. Example: c:\program fil...

PatchFactory 2.0 Released. Professional and easy-to-use patch building tool for Win9x/Me/NT/2000/XP.
Description: Professional and easy-to-use patch building environment that can help you to create instant patch packages for software and file updating. Generated patch packages are small size self-extracting executable update programs in a famous installer style with adjustable user-friendly interface and multilingual support. Enhanced with features like easy-to-use interface including a Wizard mode, powerful patch engine, integrated compression technology, adjustable multilingual user-friendly interface of the update program, this program will most definitely become a valuable asset for softw...

Maintenance on Exchange
Hello all, I have been looking over the threads here and did not see any real input on this subject, performing maintenance, defrag the database, on Exchange 5.5 and 2K. I am also running through TechNet and find all kinds of articles on how to do defrag and compact the databases but nothing that offers any insight into doing this after so many transactions(e-mails sent and received either internal or external), or over a period of time. I am also finding the same thing on backups. All kinds of articles on how to do it but nothing that says here a recomended way. I guess someone ...

Outlook
We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week, one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the attachment. We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has the problem with. He receives many from various source...

Outlook Rules not working with new Exchange Server
We recently (last week) upgraded our Exchange 5.5 server with a new machine running Exchange 2003. Since that change, a few clients who use Outlook Rules to forward messages to other email addresses have noticed that those messages are no longer being delivered. We have clients using Outlook 2000 and some using 2003 - it doesn't seem to matter which version of Outlook that's being used. The rules work just fine for placing specific messages into specific folders, but anytime that a message is supposed to be forwarded to an outside email address, it is never delivered. Any ide...

Creating New Mailboxes #2
Hi, ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FROM THE EXCHANGE TASKS ON A USER IT TAKES UPWARDS OF 1-2 HOURS BEFORE THE MAILBOX APPEARS? ADVICE/INFO GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS PHIL MATHER ZETEX PLC IT SUPPORT Before the mailbox appears where, exactly? In the GAL? In ESM? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "PHIL MATHER" <PHIL MATHER@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:577D27BC-B370-4501-A09D-65151B5E901F@microsoft.com... > Hi, > ANYONE KNOW WHY AFTER CLICKING CREATE MAILBOX FRO...

Product Key Publisher 2000
Hi Can anybody help? I have been using Microsoft Publisher 2000 sucessfully for several years, purchased legitimately. Unfortunately, due to a silly error I made I had to do a "restore" of my hard drive, losing several programs as a result. I have been able to recover all these lost programs except Publisher. I have my original disk but have lost the Product Key which is a 25 digit combination of letters/numbers.I have tried Microsoft but they are unable to help. The letters "SR-1 are printed on the disk. Any help would be much appreciated. john eastley Unfortunately the tools...

OWA problem on front-end server
I'm currently running Exchange 2003 over Windows 2000 SP4 with a front-end server handling all the OWA and SSL. I've foung that any email ending with ..EML as opposed to .EML (note the extra dot) gets a 404 page not found. However if I log into OWA on a backend server the same email with the ..EML opens no problem. If anyone has some insight into this problem I'd be greatly appreciated. Take a look at: 320089 XCCC: The URLScan Utility Does Not Allow You to Open Messages in OWA http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320089 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This...

RMS object to store some details
I am configuring Microsoft RMS and I am integrating with another product. The integration went fine and I am able to get the response from the other product in to the RMS through a DLL (the hook)... But I want to store inside some RMS object.. Does RMS provide any object to store the data I want? Session.Variable(index) If you want to print your saved values to the receipt, use "Session.Variable1" through "Session.Variable10" Those variables will not persist to the database - they only exist within the POS Session. If you want to connect the values to the transaction...

outlook 2000 error message with roadrunner
Can some one please help.... I just signed up for road runner and I am not able to send or recieve emails through outlook. The message that I get is ... a time out occured while communicating with the server. (Account: pop-server.houston.rr.com, SMTP Server;'smtp- server.houston.rr.com', Error Number 0x800ccc19) Have you called Roadrunner support to make sure your settings are correct? lynn wrote: > Can some one please help.... I just signed up for road > runner and I am not able to send or recieve emails through > outlook. The message that I get is ... > a time o...

Messages Recovery Miscrosoft Outlook 2000
How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The messages was sent to delete messages and then this folder was empty You can try the following; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/restoredeleteditemsfromanoutlookpst.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "jk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5c8a01c49202$c2b9e890$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How Can I do recover a messages deleted permanent ? The > mes...

Mailbox fails to move
I am getting the following error: Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event ID: 9172 Description: Failed to copy messages to the destination mailbox store. Error: An unknown error has occurred. It looks like all the message gets moved it it why towards the end when it fails. I can access this mailbox just fine using Outlook 2003. Why can it not be moved? Is it a rule that is causing the problem? The redirect says to use MDBVU32 to find the bad messages. How does one tell which messages are causing the problem? I searched the premier site ...

Exchange 12 UM-Email
How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM server and your Email server? With all the configurable Roles Exchange server now has which ones are need to accomplish what function? At the launch event, they strongly recommended that the unified messaging stuff be on its own server. Ray "VIDRO" <VIDRO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F632EA6-0E00-4ED0-B789-7620C9789377@microsoft.com... > How many Exchange servers do you need if you want to use Exchange as a UM > server and your Email server? > With all the configurab...

Opening Pub 2003 Files in Pub 2000
I created a booklet in Publisher 2003 for my sons school. Put the file on disk for them and they can not open the file. They have Publisher 2000. The school will need to edit the file. What can we do so they will be able to open and edit the file? Not a good idea but... File Save As and change the file type. Your file size will grow and may not be the same as what you've created. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "tntsmith4322" <tntsmith4322@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3FACCB1E-D42D-43F7-99C8-452AECA6D992@microsoft.com... >...

finding where a file is stored
2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? What do mean by 'now it doesn't...' Nothing has changed... Anyway use this in any cell =CELL("filename",A1) to see the complet path and file name "Catherine" wrote: > 2003 Excel used to tell you where the file was if you did a Save-As. Now it > doesn't. How do I find where a file is currently stored? Thank you for your time. Perhaps I was mistaken about the version. I used to be able to go to Save-As, an...

SBS2003, Exhange2003
Jus tint he middle of setting up mailbox limits, but i was wondering if there was a way to change the message that is sent to users if they go over there limit. I have a list of instructions that may make my life easier, showing the users what they have to do. Any help would be appreciated Regards Adrian Fairhurst On 08 Oct 2004 09:34:26 GMT, Adrian Fairhurst <adrian.fairhurst@pcc.uk.net> wrote: >Jus tint he middle of setting up mailbox limits, but i was wondering if >there was a way to change the message that is sent to users if they go over >there limit. > >I ...

SQL Server 2005
We recently moved an existing server which runs a SQL Server 2005 instance to a network located behind a firewall. Prior to moving the server behind the new firewall, I was able to Start/Stop/Pause/etc the SQL Server engine and Agent from my local machine using SQL Server Management Studio. Since the move though, the options to Start/Stop/ Pause/etc SQL Server and the Agent are grayed out and the status of the server just appears as a white circle instead of the normal green circle. At this point, I am assuming their is some port that we failed to open since it was working fine until w...