Microsoft Exchange 2000 Information Store error (urgent)

Help please.  Have an issue with the Information store in Exchange 2000 on
Windows 2000 server.  The error in the event viewer says  An error occurred
on First Storage group mailbox store.  Function name or description  of
problem SLINK: EcUpdate Error Ox8004010f.  This occured about 3 hours after
someone tried to copy data from a mailbox to a network folder just by
clicking and dragging items from mailbox.  The mailbox store is still
functioning OK.

When they did the click and drag we got an error like There is a corruption
in rich text format (RTF) event id 1084.  Are the errors related.

Also sorry but we are shutting down power to the whole office next Tuesday
which means turning of all our servers.  Will this SLINK update error be an
issue will the store not respond when we restart the exchange server.  Should
we rectify this issue first.
--
Kath
0

Kaddie, are your backups of this store succeeding?

"Kaddie" wrote:

> Help please.  Have an issue with the Information store in Exchange 2000 on
> Windows 2000 server.  The error in the event viewer says  An error occurred
> on First Storage group mailbox store.  Function name or description  of
> problem SLINK: EcUpdate Error Ox8004010f.  This occured about 3 hours after
> someone tried to copy data from a mailbox to a network folder just by
> clicking and dragging items from mailbox.  The mailbox store is still
> functioning OK.
>
> When they did the click and drag we got an error like There is a corruption
> in rich text format (RTF) event id 1084.  Are the errors related.
>
> Also sorry but we are shutting down power to the whole office next Tuesday
> which means turning of all our servers.  Will this SLINK update error be an
> issue will the store not respond when we restart the exchange server.  Should
> we rectify this issue first.
> --
> Kath
Yes they are working fine and the email is still flowing.  We are going to do
a consistency check on the weekend.
thanks

--
Kath

"Kalvin Koether" wrote:

> Kaddie, are your backups of this store succeeding?
>
> "Kaddie" wrote:
>
> > Help please.  Have an issue with the Information store in Exchange 2000 on
> > Windows 2000 server.  The error in the event viewer says  An error occurred
> > on First Storage group mailbox store.  Function name or description  of
> > problem SLINK: EcUpdate Error Ox8004010f.  This occured about 3 hours after
> > someone tried to copy data from a mailbox to a network folder just by
> > clicking and dragging items from mailbox.  The mailbox store is still
> > functioning OK.
> >
> > When they did the click and drag we got an error like There is a corruption
> > in rich text format (RTF) event id 1084.  Are the errors related.
> >
> > Also sorry but we are shutting down power to the whole office next Tuesday
> > which means turning of all our servers.  Will this SLINK update error be an
> > issue will the store not respond when we restart the exchange server.  Should
> > we rectify this issue first.
> > --
> > Kath
0
kathied (62)
5/26/2006 7:16:01 AM
Kath,

This is usually not an issue it is an error when someone or a process like
Blackberry (or other such synch program) is trying to read/access an object
in the store.  If your backups are succeeding then the corruption/accessing
issue was most likely corrected or only a temporary issue.

Something else you might want to run would be ISINTEG against the effected
database to correct any link issues.  You should run it with the -fix -test
all tests switches.

Regards,

Kalvin

"Kaddie" wrote:

> Yes they are working fine and the email is still flowing.  We are going to do
> a consistency check on the weekend.
> thanks
>
> --
> Kath
>

> "Kalvin Koether" wrote:
>
> > Kaddie, are your backups of this store succeeding?
> >
> > "Kaddie" wrote:
> >
> > > Help please.  Have an issue with the Information store in Exchange 2000 on
> > > Windows 2000 server.  The error in the event viewer says  An error occurred
> > > on First Storage group mailbox store.  Function name or description  of
> > > problem SLINK: EcUpdate Error Ox8004010f.  This occured about 3 hours after
> > > someone tried to copy data from a mailbox to a network folder just by
> > > clicking and dragging items from mailbox.  The mailbox store is still
> > > functioning OK.
> > >
> > > When they did the click and drag we got an error like There is a corruption
> > > in rich text format (RTF) event id 1084.  Are the errors related.
> > >
> > > Also sorry but we are shutting down power to the whole office next Tuesday
> > > which means turning of all our servers.  Will this SLINK update error be an
> > > issue will the store not respond when we restart the exchange server.  Should
> > > we rectify this issue first.
> > > --
> > > Kath

Setup of CRM Server fails with unkown error
I get the following error message: Failed to install Microsoft Customer Relationship Management Server. Failed to provision your initial business. Failed to create organization. Unknown error. (80040E07). What I have already tried to do: I tried to install on our second Domain Controller (Win2K3 English), on our Primary DC (a German SBS Premium Edition), on a German Win2K3 German membership server. Always same results: the setup program can do lot of things, it can also create a new organizational unit in our ADS, create some icons in the start menu. But then it fails unexpectedly. Always...

Event ID: 8270 ,LDAP Error--Need help to fix it..
Event Type: Error (win2000 Srv+exchange2000) Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Computer: Exchange_2000_Server_Name Description: LDAP returned the error [b] Administration Limit Exceeded. dn: "GUID=8F37136AFCEE0B41BDD353B78F8E6067" changetype: Modify mail:USER1@Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix proxyAddresses:MS:NET/PO/User1 : CCMAIL:User1, PO at NET : SMTP:USER1@EMAIL.Domain_Name.Domain_Suffix : X400:c=US;a= ;p=Exchange_Org_Name;o=Exchange_Site_Name;s=Last_Name;g=First_Name; : smtp:USER1@MAILLIST.Domain_Name.Domain_...

Errors saving to network drive

Exchange Server Management Pack Guide
Do I need MOM to run the Exchange Server Management Pack Guide on a Exchange 2003 Server? Thanks in advance Rick The management pack guide is just a Word document. Do you mean the pack itself? Nue "Rick" <drummer10980@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1150133167.988870.274140@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... > Do I need MOM to run the Exchange Server Management Pack Guide on a > Exchange 2003 Server? > > Thanks in advance > > Rick > Sorry, yes the pack itself... Rick Nuevo wrote: > The management pack guide is just a Word document. Do you mean ...

Outlook 2000 not opening.

OWA. CA's. and Exchange 2007

Outlook Anywhere not connecting; Outlook 2007 client external to Exchange 2007 SP2
Running Exchange 2007 SP2 with a few users migrated from Novell Groupwise. The following works: Outlook 2003/2007 client (internal ONLY), ActiveSync on smartphones, Outlook Web Access w/ SSL (internal & external). I'm trying to get an Outlook 2007 client that is external to the network connected but for some reason things just won't work. I've enabled Outlook Anywhere on the Exchange server, but things just aren't working. Help!!! Bill Hi Bill, Do you have Port 80 & 443 open on your firewall? Did you enable NTLM or Basic Authentication for Ou...

Access 97/2000/2003 comparisons

Inconsistent Free/Busy information
When booking appointments I am seeing the following problem: When I view someone's free/busy information the graph that represents the meetings does not reflect what is in the calendar. But when I mouse over the graph (for example a blue line representing a meeting from 10am - 11am) I do see the correct time in the mouse over pop up window. So a meeting from 10am - 11am represented by a graph line from 10am -10:30am when mouse'd over would correctly show the meeting as being from 10am - 11am. This is causing a small amount of havoc for my user community because when they s...

Microsoft Outlook 03-11-10
I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and it will not load. But I've been using it for years. George George;131443 Wrote: > I have just got a message saying not installed for the current user and > it > will not load. But I've been using it for years. > > GeorgeGeorge, welcome to the forum. When you post (here or in any forum), you will get faster and less frustrating replies if you do a few standard things: - try to define the problem in the thread title. Since this is an Outlook forum, simply stating "Mic...

Using later version of microsoft access

Moving Exchange #5

Backing Up Exchange Database

Error loading XML into DataSet

Check out that pack from the Microsoft Corp.
--llhgxblnry Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="broryxkaxlyu"; type="multipart/alternative" --broryxkaxlyu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sugmntysaz" --sugmntysaz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2006, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from these vulnerab...

Exchange 2003 IMAP and Postini

Buy Microsoft office 2007 with Outlook or ?
Bought a new computer. Transferred Microsoft 2003 to trials of 2007. It’s time to buy a permanent program. The 2010 edition won’t be out until mid next year. Verizon.net switched my e-mail account to Outlook so that I have easier access. Looks like we need Microsoft Office Student + Outlook, which is Very expensive for home use for a 2007 temporary edition. Advice please. Spend over $300 for 2007 with Outlook, then next year put out all lthat money again for 2010? My goal is to have 2007 and have outlook until the new 2010 is available. 2007 is too complicated and not us...