Messages not delivered to another Routing Group HELP NEEDED

I have three  routing groups ( exchange in the 3 of them are
Exch 2k sp3 ). Mail from one server ( in my headquarter routing group ) to
another ( in one branch office  routing group ) is getting stucked in
MESSAGES WITH UNREACHABLE
DESTINATION and not routed to that server. Connectors seems to be working
just fine.

After add my other exchange server from my headqurter group to  the
connector to be albe to send mail  it shows the queue now in the connector
but does not sends anything. Otherwise, mail from  my branch office to my
headquarter correctly sends mail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Oswaldo.
0
Oswaldo (18)

A couple of suggestions:

In ESM, look at the queues from the perspective of the server in the HQ RG
and look specifically at the RG connector to your branch office....does it
have a blue arrow in it? If it does, right click on that queue, properties
and look for an error message on the first tab.

Second, grab the winroute utility and run it against the HQ server, collapse
the + signs and look for icons with red in them. That might give you some
ideas.

Also, try increasing diagnostic logging on MSExchangeTransport to Maximum.

"Oswaldo." <Oswaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have three  routing groups ( exchange in the 3 of them are
> Exch 2k sp3 ). Mail from one server ( in my headquarter routing group ) to
> another ( in one branch office  routing group ) is getting stucked in
> MESSAGES WITH UNREACHABLE
> DESTINATION and not routed to that server. Connectors seems to be working
> just fine.
>
> After add my other exchange server from my headqurter group to  the
> connector to be albe to send mail  it shows the queue now in the connector
> but does not sends anything. Otherwise, mail from  my branch office to my
> headquarter correctly sends mail.
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Oswaldo.

0
sheyia (112)
1/11/2005 4:20:27 AM
The HQ-Branch connector is marked with a blue arrow and in the properties
page it states that "The remote server did not respond to a connection
attempt". but I can
ping the other server and stablish a port-25 telnet session.

Ive changed the allowed server to send mail through that connector to my old
server and messages flow. So this is a server-level problem, not
Organization-level. What could be happening?

The Winroute utility only tells me that the connector is mark with an X-red
and that the connector is unnavailable.
"Sheyi Adenouga [MSFT]" wrote:

> A couple of suggestions:
>
> In ESM, look at the queues from the perspective of the server in the HQ RG
> and look specifically at the RG connector to your branch office....does it
> have a blue arrow in it? If it does, right click on that queue, properties
> and look for an error message on the first tab.
>
> Second, grab the winroute utility and run it against the HQ server, collapse
> the + signs and look for icons with red in them. That might give you some
> ideas.
>
> Also, try increasing diagnostic logging on MSExchangeTransport to Maximum.

> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.
> "Oswaldo." <Oswaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have three  routing groups ( exchange in the 3 of them are
> > Exch 2k sp3 ). Mail from one server ( in my headquarter routing group ) to
> > another ( in one branch office  routing group ) is getting stucked in
> > MESSAGES WITH UNREACHABLE
> > DESTINATION and not routed to that server. Connectors seems to be working
> > just fine.
> >
> > After add my other exchange server from my headqurter group to  the
> > connector to be albe to send mail  it shows the queue now in the connector
> > but does not sends anything. Otherwise, mail from  my branch office to my
> > headquarter correctly sends mail.
> >

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > Oswaldo.

0
Oswaldo (18)
1/11/2005 5:29:05 PM
Well, you've found the problem....good.

It could be anything....but make sure that the FQDN that's specified in the
SMTP VS has not been modified from its default. You can also try using
netmon to discover who it's trying to connect to and why it's failing.

Good luck.

> The HQ-Branch connector is marked with a blue arrow and in the properties
> page it states that "The remote server did not respond to a connection
> attempt". but I can
> ping the other server and stablish a port-25 telnet session.
>
> Ive changed the allowed server to send mail through that connector to my
> old
> server and messages flow. So this is a server-level problem, not
> Organization-level. What could be happening?
>
> The Winroute utility only tells me that the connector is mark with an
> X-red
> and that the connector is unnavailable.
> "Sheyi Adenouga [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> A couple of suggestions:
>>
>> In ESM, look at the queues from the perspective of the server in the HQ
>> RG
>> and look specifically at the RG connector to your branch office....does
>> it
>> have a blue arrow in it? If it does, right click on that queue,
>> properties
>> and look for an error message on the first tab.
>>
>> Second, grab the winroute utility and run it against the HQ server,
>> collapse
>> the + signs and look for icons with red in them. That might give you some
>> ideas.
>>
>> Also, try increasing diagnostic logging on MSExchangeTransport to
>> Maximum.
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.
>> "Oswaldo." <Oswaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have three  routing groups ( exchange in the 3 of them are
>> > Exch 2k sp3 ). Mail from one server ( in my headquarter routing group )
>> > another ( in one branch office  routing group ) is getting stucked in
>> > MESSAGES WITH UNREACHABLE
>> > DESTINATION and not routed to that server. Connectors seems to be
>> > working
>> > just fine.
>> >
>> > After add my other exchange server from my headqurter group to  the
>> > connector to be albe to send mail  it shows the queue now in the
>> > connector
>> > but does not sends anything. Otherwise, mail from  my branch office to
>> > my
>> > headquarter correctly sends mail.
>> >

>> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>> > Oswaldo.

0
sheyia (112)
1/12/2005 7:15:07 AM
Ive changed the IP address from my old server to my new one in order to
discard some IP filter. Enabling transport logging in both servers ive found
event 1708, that states that my HQ server correctly authentifies as a client
my branch office server ( which could explain why in HQ  we receive mail from
that branch office ) but on the other hand, in my branch office Exchange does
not found any events related that shows me that the Branch office server
authentifies my new HQ Server as a client ( neither fail or success events )
but it does shows such success events with my HQ old server.

How can I force this authentification?
Regards
Oswaldo
"Sheyi Adenouga [MSFT]" wrote:

> Well, you've found the problem....good.
>
> It could be anything....but make sure that the FQDN that's specified in the
> SMTP VS has not been modified from its default. You can also try using
> netmon to discover who it's trying to connect to and why it's failing.
>
> Good luck.

> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.
> "Oswaldo." <Oswaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The HQ-Branch connector is marked with a blue arrow and in the properties
> > page it states that "The remote server did not respond to a connection
> > attempt". but I can
> > ping the other server and stablish a port-25 telnet session.
> >
> > Ive changed the allowed server to send mail through that connector to my
> > old
> > server and messages flow. So this is a server-level problem, not
> > Organization-level. What could be happening?
> >
> > The Winroute utility only tells me that the connector is mark with an
> > X-red
> > and that the connector is unnavailable.
> > "Sheyi Adenouga [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> A couple of suggestions:
> >>
> >> In ESM, look at the queues from the perspective of the server in the HQ
> >> RG
> >> and look specifically at the RG connector to your branch office....does
> >> it
> >> have a blue arrow in it? If it does, right click on that queue,
> >> properties
> >> and look for an error message on the first tab.
> >>
> >> Second, grab the winroute utility and run it against the HQ server,
> >> collapse
> >> the + signs and look for icons with red in them. That might give you some
> >> ideas.
> >>
> >> Also, try increasing diagnostic logging on MSExchangeTransport to
> >> Maximum.
> >>
> >> --
> >> rights.
> >> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.
> >> "Oswaldo." <Oswaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Oswaldo (18)

format changes when copying from one cell to another
I'm sure this is simple, but it is not clear to me... I am copying the contents of a group of cells that exist on one worksheet to another. In Sheet2, I tell cell A1 that it should equal Sheet1's A1 value. That works fine. But if the cell is blank on Sheet1, it comes up as "0" on Sheet2. I figured it was probably assuming numeric formatting, but when I right-click > format cell on both Sheet1 and Sheet2, both show up as "general", so why would Sheet2 take a blank value and populate it with "0" ?? I gather than you are putting a formula in one...

Exporting all messages
Hi! I have Windows 2000 Prof. and want to change to Win 2003 Server. I have already exported all accounts and newsgroups from Outlook Express 6 to a file. The problem is that I can't export all messages. Can you tell me if it's possible to export all messages from all folders to a file and then to import all folders with messages from this file into another outlook under my new operating system? I have dozens of important messages in my Outlook Express folders and I can lost it. If the export is not possible which files do I need to copy and replace in new version to have all the mess...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

Another multiple criteria/column question
Ok, first post and pretty much a new user to Excel. I have two sheets that I am working with, trying to recall data from one to the other that meets criteria. In a nutshell: Sheet 1 contains a column of unique values (col A), cols C,D, and E are where I want to insert the formula to find data on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains 4 columns, A contains multiple occurrences of each value (from Sheet1, column A), each with its own timestamp in column D. On Sheet1, in column C, I want to find a value on Sheet2 in column A and return the timestamp in column D. I know I can use VLOOKUP for this. =VLO...

Exchange Services group
While in OWA, I was able to look at my mail thru the net. I then typed in another users login and was able to get into their email without being prompted for a password. At first I thought we had a major security problem. I then asked some other people in my department if they could do the same but they were prompted for passwords. In researching this, I found that myself and two other people were a part of the Exchange Services group. When I took one person out of this group, they were not able to get into other peoples email thru webmail. My mgr is in a frenzy now. She doesn...

Excluding hidden columns and rows when copying to another workbook
When I print part of a worksheet that has hidden columns and rows - the hidden columns and rows do not print. That's what I want. Now--I'd like to take that same data and copy it to another workbook excluding the formulas and hidden columns and rows so that the new file contains only the data as was printed. How can I do that? PJ Select your range including hidden rows and columns then Edit>Go To>Special>Visible cells only>OK Now do your copy/paste. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 10:16:07 -0800, "PJ" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Need help getting files from Exchange Server.
We have a computer that had an account on Outlook attached to a Microsoft exchange server. Apparently for the moment, this computer and the server are inextricably tied together. Outlook cannot even be started without logging into the server because information store or whatever is missing. How do you get the information out of the exchange server to wean the computer from it? tom <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote: > We have a computer that had an account on Outlook > attached to a Microsoft exchange server. > > Apparently for the moment, this computer and the > se...

Developing a robust database at one co. then using it at another c
Are there any legal implications of using the type of database listed above to perform similar functions for another company? The 2 company's are in 2 totally different industries and the new database will have to be modified to fit the requirements for the industry it is in. The database was developed at the old company. there is no such thing as a robust Jet database. Move to SQL Server if you want to build a solution that will work for the next decade. Jet is and always has been depecrated On Apr 7, 12:14=A0pm, BoaMan10 <BoaMa...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Unattend configure Send/Receive Group / PRF file -Outlook XP
Hi, Have to rollout 4000 laptops with Offline Storage enabled. I want to automatically configure outlook to: - use OST file - Synchronize when logging on and off - Download and sync. the general address book I have made a PRF file (using CIW) that creates OST file...so far so good... But I can't unattend set the option to sync when logging on and off. It seems this setting is stored in an SRS file in the users profile!! Second item, default the first address book in the list is synchronised. Is there a way to auto configure Outlook XP to sync OST fiel when logging on and off, (ins...

Please help, I know nothing
I am a very new at this and it is driving me crazy. For example, I want to add all of column A + column B and I want the answer to go in C. I want this action to always happen automatically. How do I do this...in easy, non-math language?? I understand the basic concept of the formula, but it will only do it in C1, e.g I also get the error #name? Where do I enter this "name" and what is it referring to I would appreciate any and all help Thanks Amme your question is a little vague do you want c1 to add a1 & b1 then c2 to add a2 & b2 If yes then in c1 type in =a1+b1 o...

ExMerge 'Error configuring message service'
Hi All, I am running into this error when trying to import a PST into Exchange 2003 SP1 (on SBS 2003): Error configuring message service (MSPST MS) (MAPI_E_EXTENDED_ERROR) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile) I know this matches a KB article exactly, but the PST is NOT read only (I have even made it read only and then not read only just to make sure). I am pretty sure I have correctly removed deny send and receive as. I can export to a PST from the mailbox in question and then re-import the exported PST. The mailbox does not have any limits and does have messages so it is initialize...

Routing group
I have 2 exchange 2003 servers in 2 different locations. Exchange-A and Exchange-B Exchange-A in Site A that has internet connection Exchange-B in Site B that has internet connection as well. Both Site A and Site B are connected via VPN permenantely. In addition, both networks are in same forest/domain, but different subnet. Both exchange servers are in same organization as well. I'd like to have both of these exchange connected together, however I want users in Exchange-B send/recieve their external emails to/from smtp virtual server in Exchange-A in Site-A. Do I need to create a new ...

Help with ActiveX
Hi all. I am just getting my feet wet using MFC and am having trouble with an ActiveX control I created. Essentially, I need an ActiveX control that is a container for local controls. What I have is a set of instruments with slightly different communications needs. My plan is to have separate controls for each instrument so that I can use a single exe for all of them. The exe provides the user interface while the ActiveX provides instrument feedback. There are no input fields on the ActiveX but there are several text fields and a progress bar. I am managing the text fields and progress bar in...

Removal of Outlook 2000 from XP home Help
I am attempting to remove an unauthorized version of Office 2K from a Win XP home computer. The Removal went fairly normal except that now when accessing any E-Mail client, the Windows installer is attemtping to install something from the Win 2K premium disk. Is there a Registery entry causing this problem? Is there a way to stop this from happening? do you know what it's installing and does it fix it if you give it the disk? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Receive messages in Inbox of OE months after they were sent
tCan anyone help with this? What could possibly cause messages to not appear in the OE Inbox until weeks or months later after being sent? OE is set up to keep a copy of messages on the server when downloading to OE. Will see a message in the server Inbox, but not in OE Inbox. Months later, suddenly it is showing in the OE Inbox ( but now is not showing in the isp inbox) I have never seen this before & tryingg to help someone who is having this issue. The person says they do not keep alot of messages in OE, reads & deletes them, doesn't use the OE Inbox for sto...

copy rows to another file
Dear Experts I have following code,i need to copy desirde rows to new file (r.xls) on sheet 1. This code is able to copy desired rows from active sheet to sheet2(same file) based on values in column G. Would you please guide me? regards Sub Marine() Dim arrParts() As String Dim MyRange As Range, CopyRange As Range Dim LastRow As Long LastRow = Cells(Cells.Rows.Count, "G").End(xlUp).Row Set MyRange = Range("G1:G" & LastRow) response = InputBox("Enter rows to copy in the format nnn,nnn,nn") arrParts = Split(response, ",") For Each ...

Recovery Storage Group issue
We are running an Exchange 2003 cluster in our production environment. I've brought up another non-clustered Exchange 2003 server in the same organization to be used only for recovering mailboxes. This server has a Recovery Storage Group. We use ntbackup for backing up the cluster. When I try to restore a backup of production server to our recovery server using ntbackup restore (Alternate Location) , I receive "The specified computer is not a Microsoft Exchange server or its Microsoft Exchange services are not started.". All Exchange servers are part of the same Admin...

Help me create sales chart based on state and quantity
We have a production report on excel. It shows the details for our clients. Part of that data includes the state in which the client lives. We are trying to create a chart showing the percentages of each state( so we know where the most deals are closed) Any suggestions? Hello mr_merchant_man, this sounds like a job for a pivot table, using Average as the data calculation operator. Or, depending on your version of Excel, you can use AVERAGEIFS (in Excel 2007) or calculate an averate with a combination of SUMIF divided by COUNTIF. To be more specific, it would help to s...

How to transfer Custom Views to another machine
Outlook 2003 How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? Thank you for your help. They are contained within your pst-file so if you transfer that you'll transfer the views too. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more ----- "John" <no.email@no.email.com> wrote in message news:usDhjJ7hHHA.4132@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003 > > How do you transfer Custom Views to another machine (no exchange server)? >...

Help with formula #28
I have an excel spread sheet with formulas that work correctly, when I email them to another person and they open the attachment all looks ok. When they save the excel file to their PC and open it the formula cells now all have #Name in them. Anyone know what is causing this??? The error message gives us a clue: Excel can't find something - things to check: 1. Make sure the receivers all are using the same add-ins as the sender 2. Make sure that personal.xls is the same for the receivers as the sender 3. Make sure all defined names are the same -- Gary's Student "Play...

need help Combo Box with duplicate entry.
I have a combo box with unique and non-unique entries. (search field) 00010 | john | smith | 12345 | 00002 00196 | jane | doe | 0120 | 00001 00196 | Jone| wood| 0220 | 00005 I would like the following to happen. 1) user types the number needed ( 10 ) 2) the combo box zero fills the field (00010) 3) then selects an entry from the combo box. (12345) if the select is incorrect ( one of the non-unique numbers was selected - 00196) the user will open the combo box and select the correct entry. (jone wood) add the info will be put on the form. the following code works if the user ente...

Transmitting large encrypted messages
I use digital signatures and encryption to transfer sensitive data to and from customers, and have found that Outlook 2002 SP2 (on a P IV computer running WIN XP Pro SP1, standalone, but with broadband internet access) times out when trying to send an email with an attachment as small as 1 meg. The error message is that the ISP SMTP server has timed out. The ISP technicians tell me, not so, it's Outlook's problem. In troubleshooting, I've changed Outlook's automatic send/receive timing to look every 5 minutes from every 1 minute. No change. Outlook still tries to send the m...

How to get the handle of a Help file belonging to other process.
Hi all, In my application,I want to change the Index of a HTMLHELP file which belongs to a dialog running in other exe.In order to do this I need to find whether the Help file is open or not & get the handle of that to use HH_DISPLAY_INDEX .Is there any way to do this?? Note: I dont want to use FindWindow() as it is giving rise to some problems in my application.. Thanks in advance ...

Help with cells auto formatting
Hi, I have posted a similar question before however I never really got this sorted so sorry for repeating myself. Basically I use two spreadsheets daily at work all with various information on and various formats in each Column. My problem is when I close the spreadsheet and reopen it the cells that are formatted as 'general' or 'number' turn into Euro currencies. Does anyone know why this happens or how I can stop it? The spreadsheets aren't stored locally they are stored on a serve that only myself and my boss can get onto and we both have the same p...

Help on adding values to a bar chart
Hello, Here is my problem. I currently have a bar chart that has 8 X-axis bars. I need to add 2 more to the X-axis. The labels for the x-axis are based on cells within another spreadsheet, but are not consecutive cells, they are spread apart. So when I go to add the two more cells, I can only add one. When I click on the second cell to add it to the list, all of the previous cells get unselected. I have even tried to manually add these two values in. Is there a limit to how many values can be on the X-axis? Please Help!!! Thanks. To select non-consecutive cells: select first cell, h...