Messages Disappear?

Hi,

We're using Outlook 2003, cache mode, to connect to our Exchange and Windows
server 2003.  Everything patched.  One of the users complains that some
messages (last week)disappeared suddenly.  There's no filters, rules setup.
She said those messages were there two days ago.  the current View is all
messages(read and unread).  I also tried switching to non-cache mode and
still can't find those missing emails dated last week. I even logged on to
OWA and still can't find those missing messages.  I checked the Deleted
Items, Junk, all other folders and those messages were not there, even
recover deleted items folder.  Other mailboxes are working fine, no problems.
 Please tell me how can I recover these missing email? what are the steps?
Your help is greatly appreciated.

Ricky
0
RickyT (2)

Have you tried getting the user to go to the Deleted Items folder and then
selecting Tools - Recover Deleted Items? They might be in there, worth a try.
Generally messages in Exchange don't just "disappear" without user input or a
system setting.

"Ricky T" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We're using Outlook 2003, cache mode, to connect to our Exchange and Windows
> server 2003.  Everything patched.  One of the users complains that some
> messages (last week)disappeared suddenly.  There's no filters, rules setup.
> She said those messages were there two days ago.  the current View is all
> messages(read and unread).  I also tried switching to non-cache mode and
> still can't find those missing emails dated last week. I even logged on to
> OWA and still can't find those missing messages.  I checked the Deleted
> Items, Junk, all other folders and those messages were not there, even
> recover deleted items folder.  Other mailboxes are working fine, no problems.
>  Please tell me how can I recover these missing email? what are the steps?
> Your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> Ricky
0
DaveG (14)

The Settings button keeps disappearing
Hi, I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I access the site, I see all the buttons (Workplace, Sales, etc) except the Settings button. If I reboot, the button is back. My security role is system Admin. Any idea what is wrong? Thanks! Simon Are you running the Microsoft CRM Outlook Desktop client in parallel? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com "Simon Renshaw" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm having a weird problem when I access CRM using the web client. When I > access the site, I s...

Message for Stan
I have been reading that you are starting a new "Global Empire" and are looking for people to hire. I was wondering if you will be having an Internet in your new "Global Empire" and if so, is the job of "Moderator" available? I would like to apply for that job. Please let me know where I can get the application. Thanks very much. A loyal subject!!! ...

Importing WLM Messages
I recently converted from Win 7 RC to Win 7 Pro, before I wiped my drive I exported all of my information. When I began the import process everything went smooth. Contacts, accounts, favs, cookies ect. all came over without a problem, however my messages will not import. I get an error that says: "No messages can be found in the folder or another application is running that has required files open....." I have nothing else open and when I manually go into the directory I can open the messages one at a time. However they are in no order and it very hard to fin...

When hitting reply to a message, no "Bcc:" header field appears

Email Message(s) Not Being Retrieved
I've been waiting for an email today but Windows Mail hasn't retrieved it. I then decided to go online to my email client's web site and the email is there! The email was posted on the server today at 10:05 AM. The message isn't in any of my other Windows Mail folders including the Junk Email folder. Any idea why this message isn't being retrieved by Windows Mail?? James Sorry I found the message. I had them sorted oldest to newest. Duh. "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23r5VO4H7KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

Disappearing emails from a shared mailbox
I set up a shared mailbox for one of our departments, and last night, when the mail user of it closed Outlook, the mails disappeared from the mailbox. I have logged directly onto the mailbox myself, and the historical mails are definitely not there. I have checked each users deleted items, and used the deleted items recovery tool in case one of them accidentally deleted the mails. all to no avail. whilst we can revoer from a backup tape, i would like to get to the bottom of how this has happened. has anyone had the same problem before? Check to see if 1 of the users had a archive or P...

Exchange OMA error message. Please read...
When our i-700's with Pocket PC 2003 attempts to access our mail exchange server, all we receive is the following error message: " A System error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Home" mail.domain.com/exchange works fine though. We've installed the service pack 1 for exchange 2003 to attempt to fix this issue and are having the same results. Does anyone care to share how they may have overcome this exchange problem with their compatible PDAs and Exchange's OMA (Outlook Mobile Access...

Third request for help with Payables Error message!
Ok I have posted this for the third time with no response! I need help to know if there is any kind of issue on the back end of our environment. If someone could help it would be greatly appreciated! We are currently running GP 10 SP1 and apparently since version 8 (we did not upgrade to 9) there has been the following error message while launching a transaction out of Smartlist, when we go to inquiry for AP documents, and drill down of PMTRX & PMCHK from the JE inquiry view: Unhandeled Script Exception: Index 0 array of 'PM_Transaction_Inquiry_Fill' Script terminated We ran a ...

Saving html message as Draft changes text formatting...
WIN XP HE, OL 2002 Hi, I have recently noticed that whenever I write an email (using Word as editor) in html format, and instead of sending it, save it (to the drafts folder), the text itself changes format from my default to another one. It seems to change in the paragraph style which then changes the text format. The only change I recently made was to edit my signatures in html, rtf and plain text format. When I write a new email, it opens up with the signature already in it and perhaps there are format/style conflicts..? Tx for shedding some light into this. S As an added information, t...

message stuck in outbox
large attachment in outbox locking up application. regular delete will not work; how do i delete Are you connecting to an Exchange server or are you using a pst. "hodges" <kc_hodges@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:06b101c366bd$0b84cad0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > large attachment in outbox locking up application. > regular delete will not work; how do i delete ..pst >-----Original Message----- >Are you connecting to an Exchange server or are you using a pst. >"hodges" <kc_hodges@hotmail.com> wrote in message >news:06b101c366bd$0b84cad0$a40...

Excel 2007 compatibility checker message
I have a spreadsheet created in Excel 2003. I open it in Excel 2007 and Save As without making any changes. I get a compatibility error: "Some formulas in this workbook are linked to other workbooks that are closed." It does not have a "find" link. How do I find these formulas? Thanks. JerryK You could use Edit Links on the Data tab to see what the names of the linked workbooks are and then do a Find on them. If that doesn't work you might try Bill Manville's Find Link utility although I don't know how it works with Excel 2007: http://www.oaltd.co.u...

Recipient appears twice in the message header
Hi, I have a user with Outlook 2000 set up as IMAP. She received a few e-mails yesterday where she appears in the recepient(TO) field 2 or 3 times, but the sender has only put her address once. I have checked the header in the raw MSG file and her address only appears once. What could cause this? How do I fix this? Please advise. The user is driving me nuts with this. Thanks, Ed ...

Choose Profile Message When Sending Report to Mail
We are having a problem with Mail Configuration. We are using GP published through Citrix. We log into the desktop as a particular user, and configure the default Mail Profile using Mail in the Control Panel, which is Outlook. The problem is that whenever we Print a report to Screen, then go Send Mail as text, it pops up with the Choose Mail dialog. After clicking on Options (on the Dialog) you can check "Default Profile" and it sends the email. Yet when we close GP and re-open it, the Choose Profile dialog appears again. Any ideas why this is happening? Regards Konrad Konr...

Possible to create a rule to alert on BCC messages?
Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 Hello: I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as a blind copy. I was hoping to create a rule to alert me when I'm in the BCC field. However, when using the rules wizard, I only see the options regarding my name in the To or CC field. Is there a way to create this that I may be missing? Thank you. In article <#pJLIK1ALHA.4704@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, victoria@dig.com says... > > Using Outlook 2007/Exchange Server 2007 > > Hello: > > I sometimes miss that I'm receiving an email as ...

Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web
Create your personal SMS homepage, let friends send FREE text message to your mobile phone by web Support over 147 countries and ALL languages (unicode encoding) MSG.to provides a unique personal SMS URL for you. It is easy for friends sending text message to you by web. For example, if your name is Lisa, you can register: http://MSG.to/Lisa (you can use this link to see demo) You can also register your mobile phone number as SMS URL like: http://MSG.to/+886913123456 (you can use this link to see demo) Please visit http://msg.to/ for more information. Related keywords: Short Message Serv...

question about leaving messages on server
My husband and I have 1 POP mail account. I am accessing it from a computer in Virginia, where I'm staying with relatives. He is accessing the same account from California. I have my Outlook set up to keep messages on the server, but to delete them after 1 day (so that he will still get the messages, but the server won't get clogged). His email program, Eudora, is set up so the messages will be deleted from the server after he downloads them. Is there a chance I won't get some messages because he has his computer set up that way? (He downloads it 1st, then it gets deleted off serv...

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

Outlook favorite folders keep disappearing!
Hi, As per subject line - my Outlook Favorite folders keep disappearing! I keep replacing them with the shortcuts back to the original folders, but every now and again (read: perhaps a few times per day) they disappear and I'm just left with the Unread Mail folder.... Any ideas? Lee I have just the opposite problem. I have all of my Favorite Folders EXCEPT my Unread E-Mail Folder disappeared yesterday so now I'm missing e-mails right and left. Any ideas how I can recover it? "Lee Sainsbury" wrote: > Hi, > > As per subject line - my Outlook Favorite fold...

message does not display on in-coming mail
in outlook express, for in-coming mail, i see the sender, attachments and subject but the space for the message is blank. any suggestions Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here...

False number of unread messages
For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my Inbox, but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? "Ayrhead" <Ayrhead@discussions.com> wrote in message news:61EED10D-B8A6-4293-A60D-540E9E90C446@microsoft.com... > For the last week or so my folders list shows one unread message in my > Inbox, > but there are none. Anyone know how I can correct this please? View menu>current view>disable group messages by conversation should reveal the missing message. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. ht...

Keep message from being forwarded automatically
Is there an option in Outlook 2003 to keep messages from being forwarded? In help I found Restricted permission, but I can't find that icon on the email toolbar, so maybe that is a flaw in the help file. ...

PST file disappears
Greetings, I am running Outlook 2000. The system checks out clean. No Virus, no disk problems, etc. The outlook.pst file just flat disappeared. Is this a known problem ? How do I get it back ? thanks, Darryl Have you done a search on your hard drive or your network drives to see if it is out there but in a different location than you are expecting? If it was on a network drive, can your admins restore it from backups? "Darryl" <darryl@osborne-ind.com> wrote in message news:O7$Lr$h#DHA.2212@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Greetings, > I am running Outlook 2000. The sy...

blocking messages
I have a problem and hope someone here can help me.. The messages that I try to block don't go to my deleted folder, they keep coming to my inbox. Is there a way to fix this problem? Thanks in advance.... Ladi Version of Outlook? How do you try to automatically delete them? By means of the Junk E-mail Filter (Outlook 2003) or by means of a rule? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Betty" <ladi@localnet.com> wrote in message ne...

Incoming message arrive as an attachment
Hi, Can some one help me. I recently start receiving incoming message as .txt attachment as well as the inline text. These is really weird...just start very recently. I am using Exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. Thank you in advance. Tim >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Can some one help me. I recently start receiving incoming >message as .txt attachment as well as the inline text. >These is really weird...just start very recently. > >I am using Exchange 5.5 and outlook 2000. > >Thank you in advance. > >Tim >. > never seen that problem. Uni...

Cannot send message
Please advise how to engage. My crystal ball is broken. Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Joe" <jftodd@vermontel.net> wrote in message news:OR%23Ltbi7KHA.1316@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Please advise how to engage. Get down on one knee, give her a diamond ring. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Joe...