Messages Delivered/Min

I am trying to use the Messages Deliviered/min counter to alert me when our
Exchange server reaches a low threshold for receiving mail.  When an alert is
configured to sample every 5 minutes, does it use the average Messages
Delivered/min over the past 5 minutes or does it use the instantaneous value
for Messages Delivered/min??

We have a relatively low-volume Exchange environment, and if I sample every
minute I am sometimes likely to have no messages delivered, but I would, for
example, like to know if over the course of an hour whether or not my
Exchange server has delivered any mail.

Thanks....
0
TREE65 (5)

Messaged Delivered/Min value at the alert interval (not the average for
duration of the 5-minute interval... )
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"TREE65" <TREE65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to use the Messages Deliviered/min counter to alert me when our
> Exchange server reaches a low threshold for receiving mail.  When an alert
> is
> configured to sample every 5 minutes, does it use the average Messages
> Delivered/min over the past 5 minutes or does it use the instantaneous
> value
> for Messages Delivered/min??
>
> We have a relatively low-volume Exchange environment, and if I sample
> every
> minute I am sometimes likely to have no messages delivered, but I would,
> for
> example, like to know if over the course of an hour whether or not my
> Exchange server has delivered any mail.
>
> Thanks....

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
12/8/2005 4:18:14 PM
Any suggestions on how to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks.

"Bharat Suneja" wrote:

> Messaged Delivered/Min value at the alert interval (not the average for
> duration of the 5-minute interval... )
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MCSE, MCT
> www.zenprise.com
> blog: www.suneja.com/blog
>

> "TREE65" <TREE65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to use the Messages Deliviered/min counter to alert me when our
> > Exchange server reaches a low threshold for receiving mail.  When an alert
> > is
> > configured to sample every 5 minutes, does it use the average Messages
> > Delivered/min over the past 5 minutes or does it use the instantaneous
> > value
> > for Messages Delivered/min??
> >
> > We have a relatively low-volume Exchange environment, and if I sample
> > every
> > minute I am sometimes likely to have no messages delivered, but I would,
> > for
> > example, like to know if over the course of an hour whether or not my
> > Exchange server has delivered any mail.
> >
> > Thanks....

0
TREE65 (5)

error message
Hi I have got this error message in event viewer a few times and it is worrying me, I looked up the internet about it and the solution does not make much sense to me, We have small business server 2000 with exchange. Here is the errorr message: Source: Ms Exchange DSAccess, event id:2102. category: Topology. The content of the error is: Process mad.eve(PID 2524). All domain controllers in use are not responding(name of server) Any ideas Thanks,. ...

Exch Server 2003 - Enable message tracking
I am trying to fix message tracking on one of our 2003 Exch Servers. The log file directory has a load of unreadable characters in it, but when I try to change it by pointing to either the existing log folder or a new one I get the following error; Existing folder; Access is denied Facility: Win32 ID no: c0070005 Microsoft Exchange Management I have looked the error up and checked the permissions on the following registry key; HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\SecurePipe\Winreg and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Exchange\language Everything seem correct so wh...

Very unusual error message
Since last night I have been unable to send mails. I keep getting the following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test 11 Sent: 19/02/2008 19:59 The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: 'xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.org 19/02/2008 19:59 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA xxxxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxx.com 19/02/2008 19:59 503 valid RCPT command must precede DATA My internet search provided solutions that did not work. My ISP / Administrator does not know what to do. ...

"New" message button flickers
I have Outlook 2000 running on a system with Windows XP. The program works fine, but when the pointer hovers over the "New" button, or the "current view" bar, or the "Find a Contact" bar, they all flicker.? This does not happen in any other program, and the moment it does not seem to be bothering Outlook's functionality. I also do not recall it doing this before installing the latest critical updates. The only other observation I can offer is that the little tag ("new message", "current view", "find a contact")does not ap...

Bad (blank) messages stopping Outlook #2
This could be an Exchange bug OR an Outlook bug (or both). Hence the cross-posting. We are running Exchange 2003, and clients are accessing via Outlook and POP3. Occasionally, completely empty messages (no sender, no message, no body) will appear in mailboxes, and Outlook will choke. We must then go into OWA, which clearly shows the message to be completely empty, and delete the message before Outlook can receive again. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Is there a fix/work-around? The message Outlook produces at that point is as follows: ---------- Task '(email account name...

My 2 Outlook 2003 profiles download both sets of messages
I am running Outlook 2003 on MS XP. Have used one profile for years with no probem. Just added a new profile for my business email and I'm set up to ask for which profile to use each time. No matter which profile I use, incoming message from both email accounts are downloaded into the current persona folder's inbox. My business messages and home messages are now pretty mixed up. Have double and triple checked my settings in each profile and don't see any errors. When I run the "test settings" that part works fine. Have contacted my ISP but they find...

hiding read messages in newsgtoups?
Is there a setting to hide read messages in WLM newsgroups? Bob Using WLMail to read newsgroups, yes. On the Menu Bar: View | Show Or Hide........ Are you missing the Menu Bar? Click on the Menus button to the left of the Help button and enable the Menu Bar. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bolb Fay" <rgfay@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eIMvtEipKHA.3664@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a setting to hide read messages in WLM newsgroups? > > Bob Thanks Bruce. I could not see the bar. ...

Redirect messages in a queue?
I have a user whose mailbox is perilously in danger of needed to be deleted. Right now all the messages that have been sent to him for the past 24 hours are sitting in the queue, is there ANY way to redirect these messages to a different mailbox??? PLEASE tell me yes!! Exchange 2000 SP3. Thank you!! Doreen >-----Original Message----- >I have a user whose mailbox is perilously in danger of needed to be deleted. >Right now all the messages that have been sent to him for the past 24 hours >are sitting in the queue, is there ANY way to redirect these messages to a >differe...

double messages #4
I recently paid for a hotmail account so I could have larger storage and not get cancelled for any reasons such as not checking it often enough. I followed the instructions and put my service on Outlook Express. Now I'm receiving 2 of every message. What's up? Can I fix this? Thanks Darla ...

Change #VALUE! to Own Message
Hi Is there any way to change the #VALUE! error when it is shown, to show a set message such as "Number not Used" or an set value that is outside the data range, instead? Thanks Jennie ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You may need to show which formula you are using. The general method is to use one of the "IS" functions something like :- =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A1,B1:C20,2,FALSE)),0,VLOOKUP(A1,B1:C20,2,FALSE)) --------------------...

HQ locks up for 7 mins. during each synchronization
During and after Synchronization you can't access items, print stickers or do anything other than run reports for a full 7 minutes each time. We synchronize every 15 minutes. We began experiencing this system freeze about 3 weeks ago. It is sure killing our productivity. Does anyone have any ideas on cause or fix. Please e-mail me at jnovoseller@yahoo.com. or respond here. Thanks. Joe JoeNovo wrote: > During and after Synchronization you can't access items, print stickers or do > anything other than run reports for a full 7 minutes each time. We > synchronize every 15 ...

Incoming Messages Queue?
Is there a way to see the exchange 5.5 equivilent of "Incoming messages waiting to be delivered" in Exch 2003. Im having a severe mail relay problem and I need to narrow it down.. our Queue is growing very rapidly// thanks AH In ESM, underneath the server object, there is a queues object. Likely candidates includes local delivery, pending submission, awaiting directory lookup, waiting to be routed. Local delivery is most likely the store or antivirus. Pending submission could be antivirus or third party spam filtering software. Awaiting directory lookup could be problem w...

Exporting messages from a PST file
Hi, I have a need to export several hundred mail messages currently in a ..PST file to any sensible text format that I can move to a linux machine. There is no need to operate the result on any email program, but I am doing this to archive the messages, so I can read them if I need to. I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 (11.5608.5606) in a corporate setting, on Windows 2000. Last time I did this, I chose "Tab separated values (DOS)". The trouble with this is that I only get Subject, Body:, From:, To:, CC:, BCC:, and the totally irrelevant fields of Billing Information, Categori...

"Spam" in Subject line of Outlook Messages
I turned off the Spam filter functionality in Outlook 2003, but I keep getting [SPAM] in the subject line of all emails that I send out. I know this because I always BCC myself. Any idea how to solve this? it's added by a 3rd party spam filter, often one running on either your mail server or the senders mail server, but can also be added by a 3rd party client side filter. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) O...

This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator.
Hi!! Do any of you guys have and idea what this messagem means? This message was rejected due to the current administrative policy by the destination server. Please retry at a later time. If that fails, contact your system administrator. I have iron port and then I have 2 exchange servers i can send mails from any of those servres but I can not send mails from one server to the other server any ideas?? thanxs a lot =) Jesus, Chekc to make sure you do not have Symantec AntiVirus running onthe e-mail server. I had that exact problem and discovered that the AntiVirus was causing a p...

Outlook 2003
How can I designate a copy of a message to go to a folder when I send it? Thanks, Tom Use rules - "after I send the message" and designate the folder. If this is only going to be for one piece of mail, then I would not waste the limited space for rules and just move it manually. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: GigaNews <tom.quinn@adherentlabs.com> asked: | How can I designate a copy of a message to go to a folder when I send | it? | | Thanks, | Tom ...

not all messages change automatically to "marked as read"
when i click on a new-unread message (which is in bold-type), it displays in preview pain. I have set the time to 2 seconds for this message header to be "marked as read", in which case the type should change to normal (not in bold type)........it does for some messages, but not all ??? any suggestions ? ...

Message attachments flagged by Server AV Scanner in E2K User to User Mail
Interesting one, any idea why this might happen? Workstation Setup: Windows XP Office XP (Outlook 2002) Exchange User to Exchange User messages, regardless of delivery method, and only when using Office XP (Outlook 2002) fail. The recipiant, instead of getting the message, gets this: WARNING!!! (from smtp.domain.com) The following message attachments were flagged by the antivirus scanner: Attachment [2] winmail.dat, scan failed: Scan engine error. Action taken: incomplete scan Any ideas? I've seen similiar questions raised, but none exactly like this and few answers. ...

Bad Message Stuck in Outbox
Hello, I have a message stuck in my Outbox that I cannot delete. It had a PDF attachment and for some unknown reason it wouldn't 'send'. I don't need to send it anymore, I just need to get it out of my Outbox because I get an error on every Send / Receive. I have tried to delete it and to move it to another folder, nothing works, I can't even open it. Does anyone know how to clear a stuck message? Thank you in advance. JoyceA <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have a message stuck in my Outbox that I cannot delete. > It had a PDF attac...

Error message: Mail Merge Cannot continue
I keep getting this error message when I start to create a mail merge in Publisher/Office 2000. I have reinstalled the software, downloaded updates, etc. Nothing helps. Terry What version of Windows are using??? What file type is the Merge file? Go to the www.microsoft.com/data and download and install the latest MDAC Components for your operating system. -- I'm using 98se and the data file is a txt file. I can create a merged document on my work computer, bring it home and still get the same error message. >-----Original Message----- >What version of Windows are using?...

Outlook 2007 will not archive email messages
I have Outlook 2007 on Vista64 RTM. I have years of email in some personal folders. I have configured Tools, Options, Other, AutoArchive to archive daily to the normal archive folder for messages older than 12 months (time period doesn't matter). I have configured the folders I want to archive (Folder, Properties, AutoArchive) to archive using the default settings. When I click File, Archive, if I have no archive folders or archive.pst file, new archive folders are created but NOTHING is put in the folders (the archive.pst folder is only 265 KB - it should be over 100 MB). I ha...

how do i import my mail messages from out look express to outlook #2
How do i transfer my address book from outlook express to outlook "cheryl" <cheryl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C07A223-D825-41C1-8B5A-7E75CCC63599@microsoft.com... > How do i transfer my address book from outlook express to outlook Your subject says Mail messages. Which do you want to do? ...

Attachment's appear in Message Body- Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003
When I attach a file to an email, the attachment appears as a thumbnail inside the message body. What must I do to have the attachment appear in the subject line like traditional email systems? change your message format to HTML. "D|an-0" <D|an-0@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:OryoPnQZIHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I attach a file to an email, the attachment appears as a thumbnail > inside the message body. What must I do to have the attachment appear in > the subject line like traditional email systems? John wrote: > change your message...

Outlook 2003 Custom Welcome Message
Does anyone know how to customize the default welcome message in Outlook 2003? I have searched all through the MS Knowledgebase as well as several online forums and have found no information. I have found information related to Outlook 2000 but it mentions editing the welcome.msg file located C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office directory. Well, under Office 2003 that file doesn't exist - not that I've been able to find anyway. I've created a custom welcome message and saved it to the root of the Office 11 directory but the OS, XP Pro, automatically appends a .htm ...

How to view message header?
How do I view a message header in Outlook 2002? Thanks, Brett Brett wrote: > How do I view a message header in Outlook 2002? > > Thanks, > Brett Open the message and go to View-Options ...