Messages are stuck in the smtp queue on 2 E2K3 servers in same sit

We have 4 locations, (Atlanta, NY, DC & Chicago), with Atlanta being the main
site. All locations are linked by direct frame Relay connections @ 512Kbps.
For some reason the messages between Atlanta and NY are queuing up, and we
cannot determine what the issue is. The NIC drivers (Broadcom) have been
updated, TCP/IP has been uninstalled/reinstalled, switched the patch cables,
restarted the router and switch, and finally the link speed between to the
switch has been reduced from 1Gb to100MB. Telneting to port 25 from either
server sometimes fails, and yet telneting to same port from the other 2
servers (Chicago & DC) is not an issue. The above setup of 4 servers has been
operational for over 4 months. By the way it is E2K3 (no SP) on W2K SP4.
Any ideas?
0
TD (48)

If this is something that just started happening and you are having problems
telnetting to port 25 on some of the servers...I would suggest talking with
your network group and see if something changed.  They should be able to run
a sniff and see what is happening in quick order.

Once the servers are talking then everything should clear up.

Bob
"TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have 4 locations, (Atlanta, NY, DC & Chicago), with Atlanta being the
main
> site. All locations are linked by direct frame Relay connections @
512Kbps.
> For some reason the messages between Atlanta and NY are queuing up, and we
> cannot determine what the issue is. The NIC drivers (Broadcom) have been
> updated, TCP/IP has been uninstalled/reinstalled, switched the patch
cables,
> restarted the router and switch, and finally the link speed between to the
> switch has been reduced from 1Gb to100MB. Telneting to port 25 from either
> server sometimes fails, and yet telneting to same port from the other 2
> servers (Chicago & DC) is not an issue. The above setup of 4 servers has
been
> operational for over 4 months. By the way it is E2K3 (no SP) on W2K SP4.
> Any ideas?

0
BobChristian (293)
10/24/2004 7:30:57 AM
If the firewall is not the issue, touch base back with the newsgroup
regarding the routing groups (if any) and the SMTP connectors (if any...and
if you have a smarthost or route directly to the NET/ISP) and whether or not
internal routing is working or if both SMTP outbound and internal are having
problems.

How's that for a run-on sentence?

Bob
"TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have 4 locations, (Atlanta, NY, DC & Chicago), with Atlanta being the
main
> site. All locations are linked by direct frame Relay connections @
512Kbps.
> For some reason the messages between Atlanta and NY are queuing up, and we
> cannot determine what the issue is. The NIC drivers (Broadcom) have been
> updated, TCP/IP has been uninstalled/reinstalled, switched the patch
cables,
> restarted the router and switch, and finally the link speed between to the
> switch has been reduced from 1Gb to100MB. Telneting to port 25 from either
> server sometimes fails, and yet telneting to same port from the other 2
> servers (Chicago & DC) is not an issue. The above setup of 4 servers has
been
> operational for over 4 months. By the way it is E2K3 (no SP) on W2K SP4.
> Any ideas?

0
BobChristian (293)
10/24/2004 7:32:33 AM
"TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have 4 locations, (Atlanta, NY, DC & Chicago), with Atlanta being the main
>site. All locations are linked by direct frame Relay connections @ 512Kbps.
>For some reason the messages between Atlanta and NY are queuing up, and we
>cannot determine what the issue is. The NIC drivers (Broadcom) have been
>updated, TCP/IP has been uninstalled/reinstalled, switched the patch cables,
>restarted the router and switch, and finally the link speed between to the
>switch has been reduced from 1Gb to100MB. Telneting to port 25 from either
>server sometimes fails, and yet telneting to same port from the other 2
>servers (Chicago & DC) is not an issue. The above setup of 4 servers has been
>operational for over 4 months. By the way it is E2K3 (no SP) on W2K SP4.
>Any ideas?

When you select the queue, what's the reason it's in the "Retry" state
(assuming that's the sate it's in)? I've seen this when there are
multiple domains, DNS is "AD Integrated", and there are problems
getting queries answered from the other domains. What does WINROUTE
tell you about the state of the servers, connectors, and virtual
servers?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

--
Lasse Pettersson
Humandata

"TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have 4 locations, (Atlanta, NY, DC & Chicago), with Atlanta being the
main
> site. All locations are linked by direct frame Relay connections @
512Kbps.
> For some reason the messages between Atlanta and NY are queuing up, and we
> cannot determine what the issue is. The NIC drivers (Broadcom) have been
> updated, TCP/IP has been uninstalled/reinstalled, switched the patch
cables,
> restarted the router and switch, and finally the link speed between to the
> switch has been reduced from 1Gb to100MB. Telneting to port 25 from either
> server sometimes fails, and yet telneting to same port from the other 2
> servers (Chicago & DC) is not an issue. The above setup of 4 servers has
been
> operational for over 4 months. By the way it is E2K3 (no SP) on W2K SP4.
> Any ideas?

0
lasse (94)
10/24/2004 8:33:16 PM
Hello,

I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?

Thanks for the help.

Peace, :-)
TonyF
0
TonyF (2)
11/19/2004 7:17:03 PM
Tony:  TD never responded to Rich's question, so a solution was never found.
You may want to post a new message with a new title and start the thread
back up.
"TonyF" <TonyF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am having the same problem. Did you ever find a solution?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Peace, :-)
> TonyF

0
BobChristian (293)

save as pipe delimited #2
hi, just an appendage: i found another link, which provides a file by Earl which does this. http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265998&highlight=pipe+delimited i am not able to figure out where to input the filename for the data t be picked up from. any information regarding this would be helpful. thanks, mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26877 ...

5.2.1 NDR
I have an issue with users unable to send messages to mail-enabled public folders in the same organization. Email can be sent to the public folder from outside. I found this is a pretty common issue but nothing helped resolve my issue. It appears to be fixed in SP2 however I am still having problems. I looked at the KB articles listed below and verified the Anonymous user has the appropriate rights. I see there was a hotfix in Exchange 2003 RTM and SP1. I also looked at all the AD permissions and the Exchange Enterprise Server group has permissions that was mentioned in various...

Conditional Popup message
I am putting together a spreadsheet that allows a client to enter ineterview criteria that is weighted etc. Part of this is allowing them to change the weights (pervcentages). I would like for a popup message to appear if the percentage goes over 100. I have roughly put this together Function ValueCheck(ByVal Target As Range, Maximum As Integer) If Sum(Target.Column) > Maximum Then Beep MsgBox "Caution, 100% has been exceeded!" End If End Function In the cell that shows total percentage I have =ValueCheck(B7:B28,100) I would like to try make it prett...

AfxMessageBox does not 'eat' key messages
Hi, I dont know if this is expected behavior, but it looks weird to me. In my app, I am using AfxMessageBox, and the user presses the key 'Y' or 'N' to answer the question. Everything goes well. However, my OnKeyUp handler, in my view window, also is called with the key (either Y or N). It is confusing. I dont need to see these letters in my handlers -- it confuses things. Is this suppose to be the right behsvior. If so, what should I do, to make sure that the keys pressed for the message box, are not passed to my handler as well? Thanks, Samantha. >In my app, I am ...

Exchange Server Removal
I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr 2003 in it's own admin group, all in one Exchange Org. I want to remove 1 of the servers and it's admin group. Do I just uninstall the Exchange Svr software on the desired server and then remove that admin group from another Exchange Svr manager...? If so, and advice to make it go smooth...? Thanks, Tom... On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 15:10:51 -0400, "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote: >I have a Windows 2003 AD containing 3 domains. Each domain has an Exch Svr ...

Error Message #67
An error has occurred in your program. To keep working anyway click ignore and save your work in a new file. To quit this program click close. You will lose... I get this error message when I get new email or if I try to click File fro tool bar in Outlook 2002. Do anyone know what would cause this error message? Thanks Chris ...

changing SMTP Port
I am working on securing my Exchange 5.5 server on the SMTP port level. I have a box in the DMZ that listens on port 25 and then sends on port 1025. My internal email firewall inside the core listens and sends on port 1025. I have modified the service file on the NT 4.0 server wher my Exchange 5.5 is installed to show SMPT port as being 1025. I rebooted the server and test. I can send email to the exchange server, it is listening on port 1025 but is only sending on port 25. Is there a way to configure the Exchange 5.5 server to listen and send on port 1025? Thanks for any help given. Ron. ...

Automatically move messages to folders
I have set up rules in the rules wizard to send messages with words in the subject to other folders. I have followd all of the directions in Rules Wizard and at the end of the rule setup I get a message saying that this is a "client-only" rule and will only work when Outlook is running. These rules will not run automatically. They will only run when I go into the wizard and click run now. Is this the way it is supposed to work?? How do I get messages from a GM Inbox to other folders???? Help?? Is this the way it is supposed to work?? *** Nope... How do I get messages ...

Working offline, but no exchange server to go online with.
Hi, I use: Win XP SP2, Office 2003, SP 2. I started to create an Exchange Server account but shortly after, deleted it. Since then, I get an "Offline" icon in the right lower corner of the Also, when I try to use Rules and Alerts, I get the message: "You are currently working offline. To use this command, you must go online and connect to the Exchange Server." I do not have Exchange Server. There is no choice to go online in File Menu either. Any help would be appreciated. Create a new mail profile in Control Panel->Mail Icon->Profiles. = Configure it with...

Cannot open this Item Error message
Error (Cannot open this Item) comes up when I do a Search with in my Mail and try to up it. My mailbox is huge and has a lot of folders because I have to keep all my mail. But when I go to where the email is located I can open it with no problems. Bartlomiej...@gmail.com wrote: > Error (Cannot open this Item) comes up when I do a Search with in my > Mail and try to up it. My mailbox is huge and has a lot of folders > because I have to keep all my mail. But when I go to where the email is > located I can open it with no problems. I have Outlook 2003 What version of Outlook and ...

importing statements #2
I'm getting an error when trying to import my bank statement. It reads "A transaction in the QIF file has a date that could not be resolved and therefore was not recorded into your Money file. Check your Regional Settings in the Windows Control Panel to make sure they match the date format of the QIF file, and then try importing the file again." Please help! Thanks ...

how can i graph with log-log scales? #2
I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? AirdromeTom - > I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this > possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? < Use an XY (Scatter) chart type. - Mike www.mikemiddleton.com ...

Forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook
How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook/201005/1 Insert the individual e-mail items into one new mail message and send that message. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head scratching, Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com asked: | How do I forward multiple email messages at the same time in Outlook?...

Exchange 5.5 E mail message
I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and two gets a message in those one month old E-mails; from legitimate people that says: "No Message collected". I read on the internet, that AOL Had this "No Message collected" problem. I called and talked to an AOL mail administrator and he knew nothing about this problem. Anyone have any ideas what is wrong here. TIA, Jess tsqr55@yahoo.com "Jess" <Jess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have one user who: Gets E-mails about one month after the sent date and >two ge...

Outlook 2000: Printers Dimmed/Greyed Out in "Memo" (or Default Printer Printing) for HTML Messages
Quite a puzzle. Searched lots, no answers. So I thought I'd access the accummulated wisdom of this group. :-) Outlook 2000, Windows XP, any printer local or network. A recent problem, post SP2 update (which went without a hitch). Note: When I refer to the "Outlook Print icon" I mean the one on the top menu of Outlook. When I refer to the "Message Print icon" I mean the one that appears on the top menu of the message window. Normally, I would click on the Outlook Print icon to print an e-mail and it prints to the default printer. If the message is not Plain text, it b...

auto reply email entering queue
How can I configure an autoreply function to a queue so that sender get a message back as soon he send something to a queue? I wanted to use a workflow but it seems we cannot add workflow to queues. Any idea ? -- Christophe As far as i remember this is not possible because the Exchange-Account which is used for the queue has to be "disabled". Maybe you can configure Exchange as it would auto-forward incoming mails for your queue to another Exchange-User and try to get auto-reply work this way. Another option -which is highly unsupported- is to create a trigger on Activity-Tabl...

VALUE error message
I would like I5 to equal F5+G5-h5. I get a value error message. one or more of the cells F5,G5 or H5 probably have text in them, either a number entered/pasted as text, or a "blank" made by pressing the space bar (and inserting a space character). For the first problem, copy an empty cell, select F5:H5 and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons, then click OK. This will coerce any "text" numbers to real numbers. For the latter, use the del key or Edit/Clear/Contents rather than the spacebar to clear the cell. Note that SUM(F5:G5,-H5...

When using Terminal Server
When remote users open Outlook from a Terminal Server session, they only see a small portion of the messages in their inbox (and other folders) that are on the Exchange Server, yet when they log in at the main office, they see all messages. What controls the two different views and how is it changed. Thanks in advance for any help, Bob Showalter, Packer International ...

Printing problem on a terminal server
Hi, I created an application that does some printing with MFC (7.1). When I do a print preview or I print, every thing works fine. However, when I try to do a print preview or if I try to print from within terminal server, then all the fonts are very small (they look like 1pt high). What am I doing wrong (or what should I do)? This is a sample of my code LOGFONT font; ::ZeroMemory(&font, sizeof(font)); _tcscpy(font.lfFaceName, _T("Courier New")); font.lfHeight = -MulDiv(75, pDC->GetDeviceCaps(LOGPIXELSY), 2540); // 7.5 pts font.lfWidth = 0; font.lfEscapement = 0; font.lfOr...

sorting by date #2
I am having trouble sorting a table by date. When I choose to sort th column by date - it sorts it alphabetically by date - i.e. with Augus coming first. How can I have Excel sort chronologically, when the date include month, day, yea -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com It sounds as if the dates are formatted as text. You can change this to an Excel date value by inserting a helper column and using the following formula (assuming your dates are in column A: =DATEVALUE(A1) and copying down. Excel will then recognize the values as date values, not text, and will sort chronol...

e-mail just sits
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C5140F.E1605920 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having a problem with my e-mail just staying in my outbox. I am = using Outlook that came with MS Office Professional 2003 I compose my mail and hit send and it just stays in my in box. It = doesn't matter how many times I hit send & receive it will no go out, = It happen about 50% of the time. It seams to happen more when I have an = attachments with the mail. --=20 Regards, Ron ...

SMTP Connector Problems
If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that direct from the senders E-mail servers? "Mike" <thisisafakeaddress@yahoo.com> wrote: >If I have a SMTP Connecter (Exchange 2000) to my ISP and have all e-mails >forward to the ISP. Does the Connector route incoming mail or is that >direct from the senders E-mail servers? Mail may arrive directly from a transmitting server, or you may have your mail collected at the ISP and delivered to your server either when yu connect ...

Can we Take layaway payments from store #2
Hello, I have a customer that would like to make a payment on his layaway at out other location. Can this be done? and how? -- Reynold Cycle This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04C2_01C70A46.94719A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jose, Not without an add-on, which I've never seen to do this. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...

OWA Not Showing Outlook Messages
Hello-- We just did an Exchange switch from one server to another. We have one client who logs onto OWA and cannot see his messages nor his calender. Everyone else that has tried seems to be fine. If I send the client an email, it will show in his inbox in OWA. What could be causing this? How can I correct it? Specs: Exchange Server 2003 standard, with Outlook 2003. Many thanks, Stephen Deliveryset to Personal Folders on his workstation? razor wrote: > Hello-- > > We just did an Exchange switch from one server to another. We have one > client who logs onto OWA and cannot...

Outbox message about unsent emails.
Every time I sign off Windows Live Mail I get this message. You have unsent messages in your outbox. Do you want to send them now? It does not matter if I say yes, the message still comes back. I have checked my outbox and there are no messages pending. I am using Window 7 Ultimate 64 bit. Now do I get rid of this message. Check the Outbox folder in the Windows Live Mail (WLM) program. If you don't see any messages, select View (ALT+V), Show or Hide and make sure that Show all Messages is selected. You may need to select File (ALT+F), Work Offline in order to be able to ...