Message Tracking Center not functioning

The Message Tracking Center has been working fine for many months, however
today I tried to use it and received the error message:

"The tracking database on SERVER_NAME is not available or the message has
left the Exchange organization.

Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management
ID no: c1032751
Microsoft Exchange Management

I've tried turning tracking off and on under the ESM server properties. I've
tried changing the folder location (I hopes it reset something). The
permissions on the SERVER_NAME.log folder appear to be open for
Administrators. Also looking at the tracking log folder it appears to be
currently logging, just can't use the ESM to view the files.

Thanks,

-g
0
Greg7423 (349)

Check and make sure that on the server in question that the Microsoft
Exchange Management service is running.

--
Jim McBee
Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Message Tracking Center has been working fine for many months, however
> today I tried to use it and received the error message:
>
> "The tracking database on SERVER_NAME is not available or the message has
> left the Exchange organization.
>
> Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management
> ID no: c1032751
> Microsoft Exchange Management
>

> I've tried turning tracking off and on under the ESM server properties.
> I've
> tried changing the folder location (I hopes it reset something). The
> permissions on the SERVER_NAME.log folder appear to be open for
> Administrators. Also looking at the tracking log folder it appears to be
> currently logging, just can't use the ESM to view the files.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -g

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
10/11/2005 1:14:12 AM
Make sure that the folder is shared and has the correct permissions.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The Message Tracking Center has been working fine for many months, however
> today I tried to use it and received the error message:
>
> "The tracking database on SERVER_NAME is not available or the message has
> left the Exchange organization.
>
> Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management
> ID no: c1032751
> Microsoft Exchange Management
>

> I've tried turning tracking off and on under the ESM server properties.
> I've
> tried changing the folder location (I hopes it reset something). The
> permissions on the SERVER_NAME.log folder appear to be open for
> Administrators. Also looking at the tracking log folder it appears to be
> currently logging, just can't use the ESM to view the files.
>
> Thanks,
>
> -g

0
curspice6401 (3487)
10/11/2005 3:00:30 AM
"Jim McBee [MVP Exchange]" <jmcbee@cta.spambegone.net> wrote in message
> Check and make sure that on the server in question that the Microsoft
> Exchange Management service is running.

Yup, that service is running and under Local System. Restarted just for fun,
no go.

>Make sure that the folder is shared and has the correct permissions.
>--
>Ed Crowley
>MVP - Exchange
>"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

It is shared, and the 'SERVER_NAME\Administrators' has full access for both
the Share Permissions and Security (I also added SYSTEM with full access,
just for fun). Also just for grins I disabled Message Tracking, moved the
folder and then turned on Message Tracking so that it recreated the folder
and share with the default permissions. Still no go...

Thanks,

-g

0
nobody (271)

Message Limits
Is there a limit to how many messages Outlook XP can import? If so, is there a way to turn off the limit? Would I be able to import half the messages then import the other half (thus avoiding the message limit)? Is it just an import limit or does Outlook have a general limit on messages it can store? Kol. ----------- "Relax, its only ONES and ZEROS !" What are you trying to import from and what kind of numbers are we talking about here? :-) It might be easier to answer your questions (and give you more precise answers) if there were more specifics to go on. -- Jocelyn Fi...

Expression Calling Public Function In Access 2007
Hello Everyone, I have a perfectly functioning db in 2000-02 and 03. On a calendar form, that lives inside another form, I have all the day buttons OnClick event tied to an expression that points to a public function in the forms code container. Looks like this =ClickMe(11). Code Looks like this: Public Sub ClickMe(ByVal iLabelNum As Integer) DoCmd.Hourglass True Me.Repaint Call SelectDay(("lbl" & CStr(iLabelNum))) DoCmd.Hourglass False Exit Sub In Access 2007 (either in 2002 or converted to 2007), I receive an error: something about "The expression On Click you e...

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

Outlook 97 'hangs' at "deliver messages"
Outlook 97 hangs with deliver messages window open. No mail is exchanged. Problem persists after deleting profile and creating new one. Any suggestions? ...

Disable recall message on the server
Hi, Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook client, but management would like to make it so it never works on our server. We are using Exch 2003 sp1. Thanks, Debra In news:191B223A-D29E-406E-BE23-D378B9647B2A@microsoft.com, Debra <Debra@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > Is there a way to disable or turn off message recall on the server > side? I do not care if it still shows up on the users outlook > client, but management would like to make it so it never works on...

Intelligent Message Filter- can the junk email feature be turned o
I am wondering if there is a reg hack or other method of running the Intelligent Message Filter but disabling the feature to send stuff to junk email? I have temporarily uninstalled it for customer since there were too many complaints about stuff going into to junk email. The filter capacity for the most part works pretty well and what is going into archieve looks like SPAM with only minor exceptions. I was looking at reinstalling the Intelligent Message Filter and not setting the second setting –Store Junk Email Configuration. Although I intially had the settings SCL lower I raised...

Keeping track of which listbox has focus: Best approach question
Access 2007 working in compatibility mode with a 2003 database. I have three list boxes on a tab page. I also have buttons that operate based on which list box has focus. So my approach has been to keep track of which list box has focus by having the following kind of code in the On Got Focus function of each list box: Private Sub lbx_suspendedIndefinitely_manageMyTasks_GotFocus() If Not (IsNull(Me.lbx_suspendedIndefinitely_manageMyTasks)) Then Set suspendedListBoxWithFocus = Me.lbx_suspendedIndefinitely_manageMyTasks End If End Sub in which suspendedListBoxW...

can't delete dupicate appointments, message object is not valid
I just instaled Office XP, on to Windows 7. I then updated all of my contact details from my Windows PDA to outlook. I now have duplicate entries for birthdays, aniversaries etc........... The contacts that the birthdays, aniversaries belong to, have not been created as contacts, when i try to recreate the contact details my system tells me that they are all ready there but are not shown. & when try to detect & repair the instal the same thing happens again. Outlook 2002 and Windows 7? That is not supported and buggy - its hard to say how much of the problems are beca...

Outlook sending unknown hidden messages
Hello all, My Outlook is sending hidden messages (as indicated by the status bar) when I don't have any, or sometimes one message, in my Outbox. They shouldn't be read receipts from legitimate Email, because I usually haven't opened any mail that contains receipt requests (I get VERY little mail from unknown sources, so I would know). I first noticed this when sending one piece of mail, and the status bar said sending 1 of 2 messages. Sometimes when I send one message it will start with "Sending message 2 of 3," then go to 3 of 3, and only then do the one message I ...

Outlook not removing deleted messages from server
I have a gmail account and Outlook 2007 is configured to leave the messages on the POP3 server, but to remove the messages from the server when deleted from the "deleted items" folder. So, I downloaded all of my email (approx 17,000 messages), deleted some messages I don't want any more and emptied the "deleted items" folder, but the messages are not removed from the server. I've tried it several times in several different ways, always with the same result. I can delete the local copy on my PC, but the server copy is never removed. "sparx&qu...

Does not include the specified expression as part of an aggregate function
Running Access 2003 on Windows XP I'm starting a new structure parallel to a current database. The table are fully linked (no local tables) and I'm trying to create a simple query and I keep getting this message. The current query has one table to it, the general idea is to calculate consumption of raw materials in production. Fields: - Product Code (Text) // These are alphanumeric codes. - Inventory deductions // Numeric I'm trying to sum, min and max the deductions. My formula : "Total : Sum([Inventory deductions]) // Low : Min([Inventory deductions]) // H...

RE: msimn.exe R6025 Pure Virtual Function Call
I had the same problem and this worked for me when nothing else listed here did.. Uncheck the block attachments box in options, hit apply and exit restart.. on another machine, same problem had to copy a few messages to the folder which was causing the problem when opened first... Both times it was related to a clean forwarded email from a yahoo.com mailbox. Something in the html or other code caused the error.. If this is still an issue to you send me an email and I will see what else I can do to help.. version of OS and outlook express would be help full.. Qube > "Abbie" <a...

MAPI Failure message using 2007 word
-- JOHN HASKINS I keep getting this error message when I try to send a document from Word 2007 to my Outlook Email Client, which is my default email setup. I followed the recommended steps that help feature suggested, but that did not work by saving the document then closing and also closing Outlook, which was when word would restart it would start a new MAPI Session. No Go! What much I do. All other applications and software allow me to send to my email client except Office. ...

Using Contact's Categories to set message categories
Is there any way to have a rule that sets an incoming message category to the categor(ies) that the sender of the message is assign to in my contacts list? In other words, I have 'George Washington' in my contacts list. George has a category of 'prez' assigned to him. When I get a message from George, I'd like that message to be assigned the category of 'prez' as well. I know I can manually setup a rule to do this for specific contacts, but it would be so much more useful to manage the rule's behavior by setting categories in the contact list. No. Here&...

How to declare a pointer to a member function of a class?
Hi to all, How can I declare a pointer to a method of a class? I'm trying to do the following but the compiler doesn't like it and gives me the following error: ***** error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMyDlg::*)(class CString &)' to 'void (__cdecl *)(class CString &)' There is no context in which this conversion is possible ***** What would be the right way to declare the function pointer? void CMyDlg::funct1(CString &s) { s = "Funct One"; } void CMyDlg::funct2(CString &s) { s = "F...

Code to send SMS text message?
Hi, I would like to send an SMS text message to a cel phone via code within Excel 2007. Has anyone done this? What code / services / products do I need to accomplish this? Does anyone have an example? Thanks in advance. --Dan What gateway are you using? What you would need to do is to snd a internet message to a gateway provider which would then send the messae out on the wireless land. Most likely you are using a webpage interface from your PC to interface with the gateway. So opening up an internet explorer and goiong to an URL is probably the method to use. ...

Recovering a message
I am fairly new to exhchange in general and am now migrating from 5.5 to 2003. I have turned on message tracking in 2003 but I don't see where we could actually recover the message itself. How do I keep copies of messages in an admin folder and then recover them when we need them. Lets assume that disk space is not a 'major' issue. Message tracking isn't what you want, then - you want journaling (a copy of all inbound/outbound mail for a particular store is directed to a mailbox). What is it you're trying to do? This is going to make your backups a lot more complicate...

message classes
Is it possible to change the message class of a message via inbox rule so that it could change from something (such as "Report.IPM.Note.DR") to just IPM.Note. I am trying to use inbox rules to move. redirect or forward these "delivery receipts" and nothing seems to work while unattended (not logged into mailbox). So I'd like to somehow change the message class then send it. any ideas? ...

Here is the requirement for SAP LSO Functional Consultantwhich is in KS
Hi, Hope you are doing well, Role: SAP LSO Functional Consultant Location: Kansas City, KS Duration: 6 Month We are looking for an SAP LSO functional consultant for a 6 month project in Kansas. If you have any one good, please get back to me. Rate is open at the moment. Waiting for your response.. Thanks & Regards, Systel Inc. Umer Shaikh E-mail Id:- umers@systelinc.com URL:- www.systelinc.com Direct:- 678-261-5233 Fax:-678-623-5938 ...

Outlook welcome message
Is there a way to create a welcome message that is sent to users using Outlook 2002 for this first time? I know that there is a Welcome message in Outlook express. ...

where the hell are my inbox messages???
Got new mic 2007. cd worked striaghtforward. Cannot get to see all my messages its really strange it shows 3 messages from 2004...??. Nothing from 2007!!!!! any ideas... looked at the tools for ''views'' nothing strange there... (can see all on hotmail) I dont expect to buy new cd and have all this frustration!!!. mircosoft has gone over the top now!!! this is tooooo complicated... pls help Please explain clearly - not very bright!!! What do you see when you look at Tools - Account Settings - Data Files? Is the pst file listed the same one you were usin...

Multiple IF Functions #3
I'm new at this and am trying to put several different, unrelated IF formulas into a single cell but am having trouble with it. How do you differentiate between one formula and the next, but still have it in the same cell Is there a limit to the number of IF formulas you can put in one cell? If so, how many? Hi There is a limit of 7 nested IFs in a cell. A simple multiple IF scenario could be: =IF(A1<5,"under 5",IF(A1>5,"over 5","5")) This checks the value in A1 and gives the result in text. If the first IF returns FALSE, it continues into the next IF ...

sent messages remains in outbox
Hello, I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally have a problem where the message doesn't leave the Outbox. She'll send the message, close Outlook and shut down her computer for the night. When she comes back in the following morning and opens Outlook, the message is still in the outbox. Any ideas on what might be happening? Oulook connects to a pop based mail server. We don't use Exchange. Thanks, Rod It's Outlook 2002 (XP) not 2003. > Hello, > > I have a user who when sending a message in Outlook 2003 will occasionally &g...

DIR function stopped working on Vista
Hi. I am developing an Access 2007 application on Windows Vista. Suddently the DIR() has function stopped working. By not working, I mean that the function constantly returns an empty string regardless if the specified file/directory argument exists. I recently installed some Vista updates from Microsoft Update...I wonder if this could have caused it. Does anyone know what could be causing this? Is anyone else experiencing this? Thanks Mike I have found that DIR will not work if you are using UNC paths to link to another file. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP...

Message Queue in Retry Mode
I am running an exchange server called MO. For no apparent reason the Queue called Messages awaiting directorly lookup is now always in retry mode. The number of messages is increasing as mails get sent and received. Internal mail is not working, and external mail is not working. The system uses a direct SMTP feed. The system is Exchange Server 2003 with SP2 on a 2 server Domain. The FSMO is on the Primary DC, Excahnge is on an addition DC. No unusual errors appear in the Event Logs even after increasing the logging level to maximum on the Exchange Server. Any suggestions would be appr...