Message Tracking Center doesn't work in XP

Hi,
Exchange System Manager (e2k3 and all tools of server 2003 and Exchange
2003) works fine on Windows XP professional, without tracking center. If I
type in all parameters (sender or recipient and server) it starts searching,
and will never end. This was the same before migrating to Exchange 2003 (i.
e. servers and all tools from version 2000). I've tried to install all tools
on a new XP machine - the tracking center doesn't work at all.
If I use a windows 2000 professional workstation, the tracking center (2000)
works fine and gives result in a few seconds. What may be the reason for it?
Thanks in advance
Manfred

Do you also have Outlook installed on your XP machine?  If so, System
Manager isn't officially supported.

Aside from that, which version of XP?  SP1 or SP2?  If SP1, do you have IIS
(including SMTP and WWW) installed?  If SP2, do you have the IIS Snap-in
installed?  Are you logged on with an account that has Full rights to the
Tracking logs share?  Have you tried using the Tracking Center with the
Firewall in XP turned off?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Manfred Weber" <ManfredWeber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Exchange System Manager (e2k3 and all tools of server 2003 and Exchange
> 2003) works fine on Windows XP professional, without tracking center. If I
> type in all parameters (sender or recipient and server) it starts
> searching,
> and will never end. This was the same before migrating to Exchange 2003
> (i.
> e. servers and all tools from version 2000). I've tried to install all
> tools
> on a new XP machine - the tracking center doesn't work at all.
> If I use a windows 2000 professional workstation, the tracking center
> (2000)
> works fine and gives result in a few seconds. What may be the reason for
> it?
> Thanks in advance
> Manfred

0
Ben
7/5/2006 1:37:55 PM
Hi Ben,
thanks so far. Here my answers:

Do you also have Outlook installed on your XP machine?  Yes, Outlook 2003
If so, System Manager isn't officially supported.

Aside from that, which version of XP?  It's SP2

If SP2, do you have the IIS Snap-in installed?  Yes

Are you logged on with an account that has Full rights to the Tracking logs
share?  I've tried both, logged on as non privileged user and running system
manager as domain administrator as well as logged on as domain administrator

Have you tried using the Tracking Center with the Firewall in XP turned off?
The XP firewall is turned off, the McAfee firewall is deactivated too.
Regards
Manfred

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" schrieb:

> Do you also have Outlook installed on your XP machine?  If so, System
> Manager isn't officially supported.
>
> Aside from that, which version of XP?  SP1 or SP2?  If SP1, do you have IIS
> (including SMTP and WWW) installed?  If SP2, do you have the IIS Snap-in
> installed?  Are you logged on with an account that has Full rights to the
> Tracking logs share?  Have you tried using the Tracking Center with the
> Firewall in XP turned off?
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
> http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed)
>

> "Manfred Weber" <ManfredWeber@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > Exchange System Manager (e2k3 and all tools of server 2003 and Exchange
> > 2003) works fine on Windows XP professional, without tracking center. If I
> > type in all parameters (sender or recipient and server) it starts
> > searching,
> > and will never end. This was the same before migrating to Exchange 2003
> > (i.
> > e. servers and all tools from version 2000). I've tried to install all
> > tools
> > on a new XP machine - the tracking center doesn't work at all.
> > If I use a windows 2000 professional workstation, the tracking center
> > (2000)
> > works fine and gives result in a few seconds. What may be the reason for
> > it?
> > Thanks in advance
> > Manfred

Outlook crashes when deleting messages
Outlook 2003 restarts itself when I delete any read messages , can someone give me a clue as to why this happens , am using winxp Try some of the steps listed here, it could be one of your emails is corrupted: http://www.howto-outlook.com/Faq/deletemessage.htm -- K. Orland Thoughts lead on to purposes; purposes go forth in action; actions form habits; habits decide character; and character fixes our destiny "Leonard Rowe" wrote: > Outlook 2003 restarts itself when I delete any read messages , can someone > give me a clue as to why this happens , am using winxp >...

Hyperlinks to Publisher will not work
I have been trying to link Publisher files to Visio. I go through al of the appropriate steps and it looks like it all works, but then i will not open once you actually click the hyperlink. I tested it t make sure that it was not just me...Excel linked fine as well as Word. Any suggestions? Jill Bertolin -- jbertolin ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jbertolini's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=463 View this thread: http://www.officehelp.in/showthread.php?t=122384 Posted from - http://www.officehelp.i Hi Jill, I'm not ...

how do I log into my work email from home
how do I log into my work email from home Ask your work email Admin. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, blampani asked: | how do I log into my work email from home ...

screensaver tab not responding in win XP
I have Windows XP Professional Sp3. Since some weeks ago when I press display properties, the screensaver tab is not working, it starts to try to open it but never finish. I need a help. oh! my screen savin was setting for display in 20 minutes but it neither works. I need a help. Thank you -- RaySol RaySol wrote: > I have Windows XP Professional Sp3. > Since some weeks ago, when I press Display Properties, the Screensaver tab is > not working; it starts to try to open, but never finishes. I need help. oh! > My Screensaver was set for display in 20 minutes but it...

Outlook 2002 not working/Outlook Express is working_Help!
My Outlook stopped working last Friday, I'm not receiving any new emails, I cannot move any files that are in my inbox to any subfolders, and I'm not sure if the emails that I send are even getting to where they are supposed to go! I work for an advertising business and these emails are very important! I also have Outlook Express on the computer and I just checked it and it is receiving all of my emails. Outlook is set as the default and I've tried restarting the computer as well as removing Outlook and re-installing it and nothing works. Any feedback is appreciated! You...

Message-Broadcasts
Dear all I'm a little desperate... I have a Dialog, containing 3 graphs. I want a graph to broadcast the current x-axis settings if it changed. Each graph should decide by its own wether it wants to rescale its axis. Therefore I thought about broadcasting a windows-message. Unfortunately I don't know how to do it. I already tried some time - but I'm afraid I was far off... Could anyone please give me a hint (small sample-code) how it could work? Thanks... Pascal pascal.steiss@gmx.ch wrote: > Dear all > > I'm a little desperate... > > I have a Dialog, con...

clistctrl::InsertItem() and clistctrl::setitemtext() issue in windows xp
Hi, I've been developing an application on windows 2000 (sp3) for the past few months. Turns out we'll have to support the app on windows xp too. I tried running the app on xp but have run into a problem. The text I'd like to display in my list control doesn't show up on XP. Basically, when an UpdateAllViews() is sent from the document, the list view's OnUpdate() function calls InsertItem() and SetItemText(....) to display the information. This works with no problem on windows 2000 but I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's not working on XP. Any ideas? Thank...

Export messages error while initializing NAPI.
Greetings, I am trying to export my messages from one box to a new one. I click File>Export>Message> I get, 'This will export messages from = Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange.' Click OK, and I get this error message, 'The export could not be = performed. An error occurred while initializing MAPI.' Using Outlook Express 6. Windows 2000 Pro. Thank for any help. W. Kirk Crawford Rochester Hills, Michigan Do you have Outlook installed? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All un...

Excel 97 to Excel XP (default margins)
I have excel files created in Excel 97. When I open this files wit Excel XP, the margins are not the sames. In Excel 97 are 0,0,0,0. In Excel Xp are 2.5,2,2.5,2 Can you help me? Thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com I just did a quick test and margins set at zero in Excel 97 stayed at zero in Excel 2002. Puzzled. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Could be a different printer driver from when the file was created in 97 vs now in XP? Or even a differ...

Problems adjusting to XP
I'm a moderately experienced user with two complaints: 1) I accidentally set the 'recently used file list' to zero, and I meant one. In the Options or wherever it is, now, the box is grayed out and I can't get it re-set to 1. Halp!! 2) 97% of my work is with mini-databases which I prefer to have in Excel, and the new Excel keeps reminding me and scolding me for having text labels which appear to be numbers [duh!!] And it scolds me when I sort. How can I tell Excel to stop treating me like an idjit? -- Regards, P D Sterling www.pdsterling.us 1) No Idea 2) Tools>...

Taks filtering based on category and working hours?
I am using Outlook 2007 and I would like to filter the tasks shown in the "Outlook Today" Tasks column as well as in the Calendar view's "To-Do Bar" based on categories (like e.g. "Business" or "Private") and based on whether we are within working hours (as configured under Tools => Options => Calendar options => Calendar work week) or not. I.e. during my free time I don't want to see any tasks categorized as "Business" and during working hours the ones categorized e.g. "Private" should be hidden. Is that so...

Ctrl-H crashing Excel 2002 fixed by Office XP SP3.
In thread "Ctrl-H crashes Excel 2002", a couple of dozen threads before this one, I reported that, in Excel 2002 without Service Packs applied: After you do a search by Values (as opposed to Formulas), henceforth Ctrl-H crashes Excel. (You could prevent that by reassigning Ctrl-H to a macro.) Thanks to Mike Mendelson & Dave Peterson, I found that Office XP SP3 fixes the problem. (I don't know which SP fixed the bug--1, 2, or 3.) Now, Ctrl-H brings up the Search dialog without crashing. *** ...

Problems with customizing styles in the Tracking Gantt
Hi, I want to modify the appearance of critical tasks in the Tracking Gantt but somehow it doesn't work. When I open the Bar Styles dialog, I select the first row (Show for "Normal, Critical" tasks, From - Start, To - Finish). I want to change the default pattern to be tick since when I print the chart the critical tasks almost do not appear. However, when I choose another pattern nothing changes. There is another funny thing. When I double-click a particular task, I see under the Bar Text tab that it shows Baseline Duration to the left and % Complete to the right....

Order Quantity Modifliers did not work!
I entered the 10 in Multiple field of Order Quantity Modifiers in Item Resources Planning Maintenance page. However; when I issue a new PO in POP manually, the entered quantity '13' did not adjust to "20" automatically, why? If it works with POP Generator only? Thanks! The Multiple field on the Order Quantity Modifiers in Item Resources Planning Maintenance adjusts quantities on Purchase Orders generated through Purchase Order Generator or Material Requirements Planning. Does not adjust the quantity when Purchase Orders are entered into the Purchase Order Entry win...

2003 Macro not working in 2007
Can someone please help. I have macro for IE automation in 2003 but I do not know VBA. Here is the code that works in 2003 but will not run in 2007. Does anyone know what the new code would be for Excel 2007. This is the VBA code Dim objIE As Object Set objIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") With objIE .Navigate "http://mywebsite.com" Do While .Busy: DoEvents: Loop Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop .Visible = True This is where Excel 2007 gets stuck. Do While .ReadyState <> 4: DoEvents: Loop Then it ge...

OWA receive error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder"
Hello, I have a user encounter a problem in OWA (Exchange 2003 SP2) When the user try to "Empty the deleted item" in OWA, it show an error message "An error occurred while trying to empty the deleted items folder". It occurs intermittently, do anyone have any idea on it? Thanks a lot.. Best regards, Chris ...

Trouble after Removing Xp Guardian Hoax
Microsoft Essentials after an update apparently did remove the XPGuardian hoax/infection. However there seems to be some damage left behind..I cannot access many of my programs like I used to. eg clicking on ADD OR REMOVE PROGRAMs I get this center screen saying... C:\Windows\System32\rundll\\32.exe Application Not Found. Other programs like Word and Access. message appears App NoT Found. Other programs ask What program do you want to open this file and give 15 options..have tried a couple dont know which to click on ...to no avail. eg. my canon zoombrowser wont open . ...

Enable "A program is trying to send" message in Outlook
I have several users who use the FRx Drill Down Viewer to e-mail reports. Some of the users see the following Outlook error message on sending a report: A program is automatically trying to send e-mail on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? I've been asked to ENABLE this error on those PCs who don't already see it. The users want to prevent accidentally sending reports if the "Enable e-mail" checkbox is left on in FRx Viewer. The FRx and Outlook versions are identical on all users. Both sets of users are local admins on their PCs. The antivirus versions are differ...

Two messages being scanned
When I send a single email, I notice two messages being scanned by Norton Anti-virus, but only one in the outbox. ...

Editing Voting / Tracking Responses
Does anyone know of a way of editting the tracking information or voting responses in an e-mail? People often reply to me verbally, and I would like to have an easy way of updating the information so that I can keep it all in on place. I am happy to write a tool in VBA but do not know if it is indeed possible. Regards, Peter ...

outbound message tracking
Is there a way to track outbound email leaving the orgnization? We are using Exchange 5.5. We're trying to figure out which people in our org is sending email to a particular external recipient. Any insight is appreciated. Have you set up message tracking? If not, enable it by checking off the message tracking boxes on the general tab of the MTA Site Configuration, Internet Mail tab of the Internet Mail service, and on the general tab of the info store site properties then restart the store IMS and MTA (And any other services stopped by the store stopping) Create a custom recipient ...

E-mail sends multiple copy of messages
I have run into this a couple times in the past month. I send a large e-mail to a recipient. Later I notice the e-mail is still in my outbox, so I delete it. The recipient tells me they received the message 10 times (114 times for the other person). I guess Outlook sends as much as it can then stops and resends. Any idea how to fix this. -- Frank L I have seen this in older versions of Outlook. If I remember there is a setting that said someting in the line of break appart messages larger than (100k for example). I think it was in sending options but take a look for something clos...

After migrating Exch2003 OOF does not work?
Hello! After migrating system and mailboxes from Win2000sp4/Exch2000sp3 to Win2003sp1 domain/Exchange2003 without sp1 cluster the Out of Office function does not work. When I create new user in 2003 domain, the OOF works fine. I didn't find any good advise from microsoft. Does anybody have the same problem? Thanks ...

Publisher 2002 working with Vista
I'm having problems with publisher 2002 working with Window's Vista. I can do basic functions, but if I want to reformat or change something, a color, or put an outline around a box etc, the program cancels out. I am wondering if 2002 is "too old" for Vista. Anyone else having problems with this? Try putting Publisher in a compatibility mode. Right-click the Publisher program icon, properties, compatibility tab. You may have to do this in the Programs folder. My desktop icon doesn't have this option but the Office folder icon does. Publisher 2002 works fine for me ...

Convert Email to CRM activity not working properly
Anybody found a way to fix this? When using SFO and trying to convert an email to a CRM activity the addresses aren't resolved in the system and requires manually finding them. This is somewhat annoying and time consuming and puts users off using the system properly. Thanks Is this issue happening with users or contacts? I have seen where CRM users have been entered in as both users and contacts, and CRM does not know which to associate the mail to, forces the end user to chose by leaving the email address as red. Removing all CRM users from the contact list should eliminate the issu...