Message stuck in queue in Exchange 2003 - cannot delete

I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM.   ESM doesn't give me
the option to delete these messages.     The sender is blank if that helps.

--
Eric Sabo
NT Administrator

0
sabo_e (163)

Which queue?  What is the status of the messages?

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
>I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM.   ESM doesn't give me
>the option to delete these messages.     The sender is blank if that helps.
>

> --
> Eric Sabo
> NT Administrator

0
Ben
12/7/2004 2:25:22 PM
These emails are Non Delivery Reports and will eventually time out as per
your settings at

1)Open Exchange System Manager
2)Navigate to <your exchange organization> |  Administrative Groups | <your
administrative group> | Servers | <your exchange server> | Protocols | SMTP
3)Right click on <your SMTP virtual server> and select properties
4)Goto the Deliver Tab
5)The duration these will stay in the Queue is indicated by the Expiration
Timeout

Exchange Server accepts aliases to valid domains at your exchange server.
Later if the alias is undeliverable then Exchange Server returns an Non
Deliver Report (NDR) to the orginator.  If a nondelivery report can't be
delivered to the sender, a copy of the original message is placed in the
"bad" mail directory. Messages placed in the bad mail directory can't be
delivered or returned. You can use the bad mail directory to track potential
abuse of your messaging system. By default, the bad mail directory is
located at root:\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi#\BadMail, where root is the install
drive for Exchange Server and # is the number of the SMTP virtual server,
such as C:\Exchsrvr\Mailroot\vsi  \BadMail. You can change the location of
the bad mail directory at any time, but you should never place the directory
on the M: drive, which is reserved for other types of Exchange Server data.

"Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
> I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM.   ESM doesn't give me
> the option to delete these messages.     The sender is blank if that
helps.

> --
> Eric Sabo
> NT Administrator

0
nemx02 (111)
12/7/2004 3:10:48 PM
Try to stop the SMTP service and delete the messages from queue (at the
disk). You find the exact location of the queue in "Message" tab of SMTP
virtual server properties.

--
R.V.

"Sabo, Eric" wrote:

> I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM.   ESM doesn't give me
> the option to delete these messages.     The sender is blank if that helps.
>

> --
> Eric Sabo
> NT Administrator

"Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote:

>I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM.   ESM doesn't give me
>the option to delete these messages.     The sender is blank if that helps.

Restart the SMTP service and see if that helps.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks!

"Sabo, Eric" <sabo_e@cup.edu> wrote in message
>I have two messages that are stuck in queue of ESM.   ESM doesn't give me
>the option to delete these messages.     The sender is blank if that helps.
>

> --
> Eric Sabo
> NT Administrator

0
sabo_e (163)

Window panes in Outlook 2003
Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a preview pane for the selected e-mail, evidently. I can find no way to eliminate the window pane. Is there a way to remove this pane? How? I've tried every VIEW combination with no success. View > Reading Pane > Off doesn't work? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C953EF40-873E-4A04-93A8-FE101A547D0D@microsoft.com... > Just got 2003 and find a third window pane on the far right which is a > preview pane for the selected e-m...

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Exchange update problem

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook 2003

Message comes as an attachment

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...

Exchange 2007 across account search

Office 2003, Outlook (Outlook Today)...

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

DNS Error on Exchange

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003