Message Store does not reflect time of last full backup.

We are running Exch2003 on Server2003, using ntbackup nightly to back up
both the system and the exchange stores.  The application logs show
successful completion of the individual backups(no errors). A disaster test
allows us to restore both the system and the stores in a working state. But
the properties on the individual message stores still say that a backup has
never been run. This is not a fresh install of either server or exchange.
The system has been upgraded incrementally from the original NT4.0 and exch
5.0 to it's present state. It's also not the original hardware. Any
suggestions of where to look to correct the status.

0
anonymous (74722)

On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:38:58 -0700, "Antonio Boiles"

>We are running Exch2003 on Server2003, using ntbackup nightly to back up
>both the system and the exchange stores.  The application logs show
>successful completion of the individual backups(no errors). A disaster test
>allows us to restore both the system and the stores in a working state. But
>the properties on the individual message stores still say that a backup has
>never been run. This is not a fresh install of either server or exchange.
>The system has been upgraded incrementally from the original NT4.0 and exch
>5.0 to it's present state. It's also not the original hardware. Any
>suggestions of where to look to correct the status.

And you are doing an online full backup?
0
adavid (8731)
8/10/2005 5:49:15 PM
Yes, full nightly normal backup of the Microsoft Information Store.
"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:38:58 -0700, "Antonio Boiles"
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>We are running Exch2003 on Server2003, using ntbackup nightly to back up
>>both the system and the exchange stores.  The application logs show
>>successful completion of the individual backups(no errors). A disaster
>>test
>>allows us to restore both the system and the stores in a working state.
>>But
>>the properties on the individual message stores still say that a backup
>>has
>>never been run. This is not a fresh install of either server or exchange.
>>The system has been upgraded incrementally from the original NT4.0 and
>>exch
>>5.0 to it's present state. It's also not the original hardware. Any
>>suggestions of where to look to correct the status.
>>
> And you are doing an online full backup?

0
anonymous (74722)
8/10/2005 5:55:58 PM
are you certain they are completing successfully?

"Antonio Boiles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, full nightly normal backup of the Microsoft Information Store.
> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message
> > On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 10:38:58 -0700, "Antonio Boiles"
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> >>We are running Exch2003 on Server2003, using ntbackup nightly to back up
> >>both the system and the exchange stores.  The application logs show
> >>successful completion of the individual backups(no errors). A disaster
> >>test
> >>allows us to restore both the system and the stores in a working state.
> >>But
> >>the properties on the individual message stores still say that a backup
> >>has
> >>never been run. This is not a fresh install of either server or
exchange.
> >>The system has been upgraded incrementally from the original NT4.0 and
> >>exch
> >>5.0 to it's present state. It's also not the original hardware. Any
> >>suggestions of where to look to correct the status.
> >>
> > And you are doing an online full backup?

0
sconkey (3059)
8/10/2005 7:57:23 PM
On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:57:23 -0700, "Susan"
<sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:

>are you certain they are completing successfully?
and you are looking at the "full backup" dialog box and not the
"incremental " on the store?

>"Antonio Boiles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Yes, full nightly normal backup of the Microsoft Information Store.
>> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>message

>exchange.
>> >>
>> > And you are doing an online full backup?

0
adavid (8731)
8/10/2005 8:18:22 PM
Thank You all, after further checking it we saw the automated backup was not
for a "normal" flag, but for a "copy" flag. Changing the flag and running a
backup cleared the status on the stores. Again Thank you.
> On Wed, 10 Aug 2005 12:57:23 -0700, "Susan"
> <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote:
>
>>are you certain they are completing successfully?
> and you are looking at the "full backup" dialog box and not the
> "incremental " on the store?
>

>>"Antonio Boiles" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Yes, full nightly normal backup of the Microsoft Information Store.
>>> "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>message

>>exchange.

0
anonymous (74722)

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Timesheet to monitor flexi-time
Hi All, Does anyone have a spreadsheet that can be used to record employee timesheet details, capable of accommodating simple flexi-time and part time hours. Ideally, i would like an option to add employees and then enter their agreed working hours (this is to be used as a look up). Then, On a weekly basis, data will be entered for the previous 7 days� Hours worked can fall under the following categories... Hours worked �normal� time Hours worked flexi time Hours �Sick� Holiday Bank Holiday Authorised Absence Paid Authorised absence unpaid I'd also like A way of viewing information...

Messages Cut off
A recipient receives forwarded mail messages that are cut off in random locations throughout the email. Outlook 2000 with latest SP. Any ideas? ...

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Interface not registered message

Duplicate Messages

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Time Clock Systems
Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates well with GP? On Oct 5, 10:20 am, kcd <k...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone have a recommendation for a time clock system that integrates > well with GP? We just implemented Time Matrix by Business Computers (www.business- computers.com) and are very happy with it. We implemented quickly the hardware wasn't propietary or complicated so we were able to source our own stuff. Troy I can speak highly of Unitime's time and attendance system. They are a relatively low cost solution t...

question about Time

Short time vs short date

creating a backup on 2002 for Money 98

convert to stored proc
Hello. I have been given a conversion assignment to convert Access db (frontend) with sql server 2005 backend to be included in a new webapp that is being constructed. Unfortunately, my stored proc creating is a bit weak and I'm not afraid to admit it. With that said, I came across an Access query that is puzzling me. Here it is; SELECT Purchase Orders *, POSO Relationships.SONumber AS RelatedSONumber, IIf([POSOType], [POSOType], 'Standard') AS POSOTypeFull, POSORelationships.MTXRMA, POSORelationships.SupplierRMA, POSORelationships.POSOType FROM PurchaseOrders ...

Subquery
Hi, I'm trying to code a subquery on a table but to no avail...it's a very simple table that has Date (short date, just recording the day) and NAV which is a number (double). All I'm wanting to do is have a query that displays the Date, the NAV and the NAV from the day before - only recording business dates. In other words, the subquery number I want is the NAV from the record preceeding the current one. I've got as far as the below, but that just gets the same NAV number as today's: SELECT tblNAV.Date, tblNAV.NAV, (SELECT LAST(x.NAV) FROM tblNAV as X LEFT JOIN tblNAV on...

Entourage (allegedly) cannot see message body sent by OWA
We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot see the message body when the email is sent from OWA. We are on 2003 SP2 btw. The external party claims that the following patch for OWA fixes the problem http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=5BC06E8A-08EB-4976-BC68-A03EBE3A2552&displaylang=en I am sceptical! Any thoughts Ignore!! I just saw another thread wit hthe details for this one. Thread is "OWA message text disappears" "Peter T" wrote: > We have a external company receiving emails from us and claim they cannot...

Outlook "Calendar" backup?
My office is XP Home and company laptop is XP Pro. I've searched the net for a simple program to "backup" my Outlook Calendar. The only two programs I've found on Google search are ABF and Novasoft, which are both Russian based softwares? Is there a domestic backup software...or does that violate Microsoft copyrights? I need to simply backup Outlook Calendar on whichever machine I'm using. What is the popular fix??? Thanks, Al in SoCal Check this page for all you need to know: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MV...

Store.exe processes
Every morning I check my exchange 5.5 mail server I notice that Store.exe processes is using over 50% of CPU time. This continues and when user try start to logon the server becomes unavailale and the requires a restart. I have applied various patches that microsoft recommended and it still doesn't help. When the server crashes it logs error "Background Cleanup" "event 1101". Microsoft suggestions doesn't work. If anyone ever had this problem please let me know your course of action to resolve the issue. ps. Once rebooted, the server runs all day with an issu...

Multiple Stores and HQ Client
We have 12 stores all together that need to synchronize with HQ Server, this works fine if we alternate each of them to update once an hour, one store 5 minutes after the hour, next store 10 minutes after the hour and so on. I know we can also synchronize each of them for every five minutes or whatever interval throughout the hour. The first situation does not synchronize often enough because we have to release credit holds and things of that nature; the second solution bogs down all the servers and makes doing other store stock checks and what not next to near impossible. Is there a...