Message rejected for size but no limits set on server

I have a user who is trying to send a 14MB Powerpoint file. However,
every time she tries to send it, she gets the following message:
     Task �Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending� reported error
        (0x80040610): �The
     message being sent exceeds the message size established for this
        user.�

Well, as far as I know and can tell, I have set no limits on my exchange
server. All users (and this user for sure) are set to use "default
limits" (which I assume means the limits set on the server). I even
tried setting limits to 30MB (30720 KB, literally) just for fun; that's
well above the 14MB file size, so it should have been allowed through.
But the user continues to get that message.

Any ideas or suggestions? I'm at my wit's end. If there is some setting
I have missed I don't know where it could be.

I've checked "Global Settings -> Message Delivery -> Defaults".
I've checked the "Default SMTP Virtual Server -> Messages".

Those are really the only two places I know to limit message size at the
server. And, as I said, I've checked the user limits and they are
defaulted to the servers limits.

TIA,

--
Doug Starkey
Network Administrator

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322679

Also factor in MAPI overhead... a 14Mb PPT attachment would probably show up
as ~20Mb.
Where to look?
- Global Settings
- SMTP Virtual Server properties
- SMTP Connector properties (for address space *, or if you have a Connector
for the recipient's domain)
- User properties

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

"Doug Starkey" <doug_starkey@pecandeluxe.com> wrote in message
>I have a user who is trying to send a 14MB Powerpoint file. However,
> every time she tries to send it, she gets the following message:
>     Task �Microsoft Exchange Server - Sending� reported error
>        (0x80040610): �The
>     message being sent exceeds the message size established for this
>        user.�
>
> Well, as far as I know and can tell, I have set no limits on my exchange
> server. All users (and this user for sure) are set to use "default
> limits" (which I assume means the limits set on the server). I even
> tried setting limits to 30MB (30720 KB, literally) just for fun; that's
> well above the 14MB file size, so it should have been allowed through.
> But the user continues to get that message.
>
> Any ideas or suggestions? I'm at my wit's end. If there is some setting
> I have missed I don't know where it could be.
>
> I've checked "Global Settings -> Message Delivery -> Defaults".
> I've checked the "Default SMTP Virtual Server -> Messages".
>
> Those are really the only two places I know to limit message size at the
> server. And, as I said, I've checked the user limits and they are
> defaulted to the servers limits.
>
> TIA,
>
> --
> Doug Starkey
> Network Administrator
> Pecan Deluxe Candy Company
> nethead@pecandeluxe.com

0
bharat3597 (1006)
11/13/2006 4:05:39 PM
On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 08:05:39 -0800, "Bharat Suneja [MVP]"
<bharat@nospam.org> wrote:

>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322679
>
>Also factor in MAPI overhead... a 14Mb PPT attachment would probably show up
>as ~20Mb.

That increase isnt a mapi thing as much as a SMTP thing when the
attachments are encoded in TNEF format when sending to the Internet.

>Where to look?
>- Global Settings
>- SMTP Virtual Server properties
>- SMTP Connector properties (for address space *, or if you have a Connector
>for the recipient's domain)
>- User properties
0
adavid (8731)

Password not retained in Outlook 2002 for IMAP server
Hello, My problem is that even though I have checked the 'remember password' option in the mail account settings for my IMAP account, each time I restart Outlook, it will ask me for the password to have access to the IMAP folders. I will then check the 'remember password' option in the dialog box which asks for the password, and won't be ask again for it for a few minutes/hours depending on the moon phase, but will be asked again at some point as if Outlook had magically forgotten (I haven't succeeded to spot a pattern yet, apart that it sometimes happens when I start ...

How to incorporate 2 sets of changing named ranges
Hi All I'm a novice that needs help please..... sorry - I've tried but I'm stuck.... (one workbook, heaps of worksheets) I've created a macro that runs a set of actions for multiple named ranges by calling each (see code below) It finds / copies / pastes data from different worksheets & named ranges into an overview. The macro adds a 1 or 2 or 3 to "collectionMT" and repeats the actions against each named ranges: CollectMT1, CollectMT2, CollectMT3, CollectMT4 etc through to CollectMT9 I don't know how to do the same (in the same macro) for t...

Limited or No Connectivity? I think DHCP or AFD is the root of the problem!
Hello guys, I'm facing a serious problem here: I've been trying to fix a computer here but I am just so stuck. First the PC was filled with viruses to the point that it wouldn't allow you to get on the internet without some scan popping up and without the page rerouting you to an antisoftware page to buy the product. I got rid of all of that.:) The pc had XP SP2, so all I wanted to do was upgrade to XP SP3 and get the critical updates and security so it could be more secure. Boy was that not easy. The 2 times I've tried installing SP3, I have not been able to g...

stored procedure createSQLTmoTable
Hi, one of my users got this when using the Payables Transaction Inquiry. "The stored procedure createSQLTmoTable returned the following results: DBMS:12, Microsoft GP:0" what does this mean, and what should we do to get rid of this? Thanks I suspect you're seeing what this blog post talks about: http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2009/01/20/the-stored-procedure-createsqltmptable-returned-the-following-results-dbms-12-exceptions.aspx?CommentPosted=true#commentmessage -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Want to use Crystal Reports with GP? http://www....

Error message opening Outlook after removing Panda antivirus
I am using Outlook 2002 as part of Office XP Pro. I used to run Panda antivirus on my pc but have switched to Norton now that Panda has expired. I had config Panda to scan mails whenever Outlook opens. However now that Panda had been removed, I always get an error message to the effect that Panda cannot be found. How can I get rid of this association to avoid having this annoying message evrytime I open Outlook? Thanks. You may have to manually remove Panda from your add-in manager. Go to Tools/Options/Other/Advanced Options/Add- in Manager/ and then make sure that if Panda is listed ...

Junk mail settings doesn't work...!
I'm accessing my ATT-Worldnet POP3 emails through my Comcast cable connection using Outlook 2002. I'm using the ipostoffice/imailhost settings on ports 995 and 465. Mail in and out works perfectly, but I cannot get the build-in junkmail functionality to work. I still get mail from excluded domains, and I get mail that should have been caught by the default email filter (filters.txt). Please advise...! ...

How to modify size of dialog while in OnSize()?
I've got a dialog box that, when resized, I'd like to enforce a specific width-->height ratio. I can run my algorithm in the OnSize() to determine the correct size based on how much the box is currently being resized, but if I call something like SetWindowPos() while in OnSize(), OnSize() is called again and I'm in an infinite loop. I suppose I can wait for the mouse button to be released and then resize, but that seems like a hassle. I'd appreciate any help, thanks. ~billy Look at WM_SIZING/OnSizing() "billy" <billy_dev#@#cox#.#net> wrote in message ne...

Font sizes
I find it very difficult to read the phone numbers on the contact forms. How do I change the Font?? I can copy the numbers into the notes where you can control the font, but that is a pain. Thanks. Ira ...

tiger probelms saving word and xcell documents to a server
We are having trouble saving word and xcel documents to our sever from os X tiger. We can only save as an .rtf and .xml, but them we loose formating and things like charts in xcel! We can save directly to the individual computer, but not to our server. Any help out there? ...

named properties limit reached, what could happen?
Currently the limit for named properties is set to 20000 and we are again receiving the event 9667. My question is, what problems could occur if we don't raise the limit more or fix the problem by moving the mailbox to another server? Will Exchange continue to work? -thanks On SBS? I have never seen this on SBS... can you confirm? Meanwhile there are a great number of articles on the web as to how to fix or work around this. -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Currently the limi...

Mixed Exchange and Internet Email on Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003
Recently installed a new SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003. Have clients using Windows XP Pro with Outlook 2003. On the Outlook 2003 profile I have an Internet POP Account and an Exchange Server Account. If I set the Internet account as the default account, it handles Internet messages properly, but also tries to send local messages via Internet SMTP server. If I set the Exchange account as default, it handles local mail correctly, but sends Internet mail through the Exchange SMTP server with the local email address as the reply address. Therefore, anyone receiving the message is unable to reply s...

How can I limit the range of data graphed by the value of another column?
The question is hard to ask, which is why I haven't found the answer. The spreadsheet has lots of data, but I want to graph a subset of the data at a time. One column contains an integer that is incremented every 700-1000 rows (ie 1..1,2..2,etc.) which is the event number, and there are 2 other columns of data that I want to plot. So I want to plot one chart with all the data with the event number of 1-3, another 4-6, etc. I know I can just specify the data range with the row numbers that correspond to the event number range I want, but is there a way excel can do the work for me? I a...

2102 All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2 and IIS 6.0. This is basically a single-server DC (with Exchange) pointing to itself for DNS and running Active Directory. Concerning the below 2102 error for DSAccess, this DC was actually up at the time of the error and is not very busy. I do not understand why DSAccess would think it wasn't responding. Is there somewhere I can go to check the DSAccess settings, for example, wait a longer time before declaring a DC as not responding? Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event ID: 2...

How to move Exchange server 2000 to a new Exchange 2003 server
I have a exchange 2000 server. I want to move it from this server to the other server that run Exchange 2003 server. Please tell me how to do it. Thanks. Hi Andy, Install the Exchange 2003 server into the same org and administrative group as the 2000 server and using ADU&C move the mailboxes from the 2000 server to the 2003 server. Add replicas of all the public and system folders to the 2003 server. After allowing sufficient time for replication, remove the replicas from the 2000 server and then remove the server from the org. You might want to just stop the services on the 2000 se...

exchange 2000 memory sizing
We're currently running Exchange 5.5 on 8 Windows 2000 Std servers all with 1GB or more of memory. We're already licensed for Exchange 2000 CAL's....and therefore are looking to upgrade to Exchange 2000. The problem? All the documentation I've seen (266096) says that if a server has 1GB or more of memory you need to use the /3GB switch which means you need to be running Windows 2000 AS. So suddenly I have to shell out almost $30,000(CDN) to buy 8 copies of Win2k AS? Not to mention you can't upgrade to Win2k AS - I'd have to do a complete reinstall. Decreasing the mem...

Strange timeouts when exchange server is connecting to our sendmail server
We have an exchange server at another location. I'm not the one who maintains it, but I can get the details if need be. One particular user is having some strange timeout problems when he sends messages with file attachments to the sendmail server at our location. It seems to be only him, and only when he sends attachments. Other messages come through fine. The sequence seems to be: - the exchange server connects to our server - it starts sending and then a short time later all communications cease. In a recent example, things stopped after about 80k of a 468k message was transferred. - t...

Multiple CRM Sites (child domains) on 1 Server
I would like to install multiple CRM sites, from different child domains, on 1 CRM server. I believe this is possible. Are there any things I should be aware of? Any critical issues that will arise? Is this covered in the implimentation guide....off to get it now. Thanks. "Scott" <wikayaker@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141061562.354599.267210@u72g2000cwu.googlegroups.com... >I would like to install multiple CRM sites, from different child > domains, on 1 CRM server. Not possible, sorry. I believe I read MS is considering this for the next version, to f...

sending v cards, changing address settings
Hi i use outlook 2003, When I send a v card, the address fields change to businness, which is normally blank. I have set the home address as the address to use as mail address, but still this happens. I tried forwarding the contacts, not as v cards, which does not have the same problem, but found this duplicates the contact in my outlook. any ideas thanks tim ...

Outlook error message #16
I get the following message when I try to setup user with existing mailbox. Microsoft Outlook: Unable to display the selected foler or item. You do not have permission to log on ...

Using a Message Box to display �Random Quotation� stored in cells
Hi Can any one help me with this one ? What I�m trying to do is to click on a button which runs a Macro whic in turn selects a random quotation i.e. �to be or not to be�.� whic is already stored in a cell. I have about twenty quotes but I need to added to them all the time s the list would keep on growing Any help would be greatly appreciated Many thanks Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Rob if your quotes are in column A of the active sheet try the following code (assign this to a button on the active sheet): Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim wks As Wor...

Drive Space for Web Server and SQL Server
Hello, How much drive space is necessary for the CRM install on the web server and for a separate SQL server? I have read through the implementation guide and cannot find where it give disk space requirements. Thanks! JED JED, The web server install is fairly small (less than 200MB). The SQL footprint is completely dependant on the amount of data you choose to store. If you are going to be storing a lot of attachments, then you are going to need a lot more space. Matt "JED" <Jbyrd76@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23EQZwM4hDHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... Hello, Ho...

Move DB's from one 2003 server to another?
Is it possible to dismount stores on one Ex 2003 server, move the DB to another server and re-mount on the new server without having to move mailboxes using the Exchange Task Wizard? No sure abou moving the actual database. The Exmerge utility can be used to move data on mass. <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message news:1124596591.926312.157510@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to dismount stores on one Ex 2003 server, move the DB to > another server and re-mount on the new server without having to move > mailboxes using the Exchange Task Wizard? > ...

Archiving to server using Outlook 2003 and Outlook 2002
I have created folders on my server that everyone has access to. Each user has folders setup on their workstations. I want to be able to have everyone's "Research" folder achive to one folder on my server. It works fine for my 2003 workstations, but anyone on Outlook 2002 gets a message saying "Error while archiving folder "research" in store "personal folder". The file "server file".pst is not compatible with the sersion's personal foler information services." "server file" is the path to the folder on the server. I do n...

data validation list font size
Can you change the font size of the data validation list as it appears in the drop-down? The font is very small. I increased the font size in the original list, but it does not seem to carry through to the drop-down version. Thanks! The only way I'm aware of to accomplish this is to increase your view percentage. That's it. :( <-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-><-*-> Hope this helps! Anne Troy (better known as Dreamboat) Author: Dreamboat on Word Email: Dreamboat*at*Piersontech.com Web: www.TheOfficeExperts.com <-*-><-*->...

Maximum file size for excel documents?
Hi, Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much further I can go. Lots of data.... Hi see: http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Parag wrote: > Hi, > > Does anyone know what the maximum file size for a excell 2000 > workbook is? I'm currently upto 38mb, just need to know how much > further I can go. > > Lots of data.... Thanks "Frank Kabel" wrote: > Hi > see: > http://www.decisionmodels.com/memlimits.htm ...