message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is

We are getting the following error on some mailboxes "The The message could
not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full".  The mailboxes are
nowhere near the limit and it's only some of them not all of them.  The
mailbozes were migrated then 15 minutes later we started getting the NDR's
any idea's?

Thanks
0
Guy1 (87)

migrated from where, to where?  did you move them somewhere where the
mailbox storage limits are more restrictive?

"EMail Guy" <EMail Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are getting the following error on some mailboxes "The The message
could
> not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full".  The mailboxes
are
> nowhere near the limit and it's only some of them not all of them.  The
> mailbozes were migrated then 15 minutes later we started getting the NDR's
> any idea's?
>
> Thanks

0
sconkey (3059)
10/6/2005 10:17:10 PM
We migrated from a 5.5 server to 2K3 within the same storage group.  We
havent set any size limits whatsoever so we are unsure what is causing the
problem.

"Susan" wrote:

> migrated from where, to where?  did you move them somewhere where the
> mailbox storage limits are more restrictive?
>
> "EMail Guy" <EMail Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We are getting the following error on some mailboxes "The The message
> could
> > not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full".  The mailboxes
> are
> > nowhere near the limit and it's only some of them not all of them.  The
> > mailbozes were migrated then 15 minutes later we started getting the NDR's
> > any idea's?
> >
> > Thanks

0
EMailGuy (2)
10/6/2005 11:23:02 PM
so you're certain that the store you moved them to does not have any limits
applied either explicitly, or via a policy?

> We migrated from a 5.5 server to 2K3 within the same storage group.  We
> havent set any size limits whatsoever so we are unsure what is causing the
> problem.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > migrated from where, to where?  did you move them somewhere where the
> > mailbox storage limits are more restrictive?
> >
> > "EMail Guy" <EMail Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > We are getting the following error on some mailboxes "The The message
> > could
> > > not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full".  The
mailboxes
> > are
> > > nowhere near the limit and it's only some of them not all of them.
The
> > > mailbozes were migrated then 15 minutes later we started getting the
NDR's
> > > any idea's?
> > >
> > > Thanks

0
susan1334 (131)

Message Rules are getting added but not applied
I have recently switched to Outlook 2007 from Windows-Mail (WM). One of my beefs is, adding/creating message rules seems much more complicated in Outlook than in WM. For example, I don't understand things like "Stop processing more rules" whose check-box gets automatically checked when I check the "Permanently delete it" check-box. But the BIG problem I'm having right now is that I'm creating rules okay (and can see they've been added when I list them via Message Rules), but they're not getting applied some if not all of the time - email...

how to increase mail box to receive large messages using outlook ?
I am having messages bounced saying mail box not large enough -- how do I fix this ?? Thanks Chris speak to your email admin - if they are messages you send, speak to the recipient so they can ask their admin. (but don;t hold your breath that you'll get it increased) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Jo...

Recipient policy and Security Groups
Hi, I have created a recipient policy to update the e-mail addresses for members of a security group that has an e-mail address. The default policy is applying instead of the custom policy. I have ensured that the custom policy is a higher priority than the default. The environment is E2K3 W/SP1 on W2K3 server standard. Thanks for any replies. Warren ...

Moving mailboxes to a new exchange server; size limit.
We currently have one exchange server in our company. We saw the need for another one so we created a new exchange server and added it to our current forest. <h3>We are trying to move mailboxes from the old exchange server to the new one. Some of the mailboxes we are moving are over 2GB's, the question will there be any problems doing this?</h3> it will take some time, but if there are no limits on either server, prohibiting send or send/receive, you should be able to move the mailboxes... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Heber" <Heber@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Mail Message window position
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop When opening a mail message it positions itself in the upper left corner of my monitor. Can this be set to a new default postion? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_005E_01CA93E5.598E43D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable What Entourage update you have on your Mac? Entourage --> about = Entourage. <19ertim@officeformac.com> wrote in message = news:59bb0bde.-1@webcrossing....

Winmail.dat message When Attachments
The problem is that when I send attachments (at least to people who are not using Outlook), instead of receiving them, they get a file named winmail.dat, which leads them nowhere. I know this usually happens when you send text in RTF or Word to those who cannot recognize it. However, I always send my mail as Plain Text, which is the standard solution that Microsoft gives for resolving the problem. I'm using Office and Outlook 2000 (IMO, 9.0.0.2711) on Win98. I can get around the problem by zipping the attachments, but that is a nuisance for me and the recipient. In looking at some of th...

Managing Exchange 2000 organisation users private mailbox permissions?
Hi, Is there some utilty to manage Exchange 2000 all users mailbox permissions ? Neither AD or System manager seem to have that possibility. Changing through each user mailbox is time-expensive.. I have a need to change all users calendar permissions to certain level and keep them there administratively. thank You in advance, Kalle Rahu beginning Exchange 2000 administrator ...

OWA cannot authenticate mailboxes on second mailbox server
Hi At one site we have an exchange 2003 standard server as a frontend server in our dmz and an exchange 2003 enterprise mailbox server in the trusted network. OWA works fine for all uses and password change and forms authentication are configured. We have installed a second mailbox server in the same admin group. If i move a mailbox from the original mailbox server to the new mailbox server I am unable to logon to to the mailbox via OWA, the forms username/password page just continues to come back again and again, this happens from any of our OWA servers in different sites to this new...

Bypassing ENABLE/DISABLE MACROS message
Hi, Is there a way to bypass the "Disable/Enable Macros" message that pops up when you open a workbook? Can we write something in the WORKBOOK_OPEN event to bypass this? For my workbook, users always have to select ENABLE, and I would like to make it the default and bypass the message. (Save one click for the user). Thanks. No you can't do that. You can either set the security level to low, or digitally sign the code. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Excel4u" <Excel4u@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Error message in Outlook 2007 AND Shutdown error in Outlook
I USED to have Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing installed and functioning (and the Inbox still has a a subfolder named Access Data Collection Replies). For some unknown reason, that add-in is no longer functioning correctly and does not send/receive data as it used to and I can't find where to get the program to re-install it. The problem is two-fold - first, anytime I now select any email message to read, I receive an error message titled 'Custom UI Runtime Error in Microsoft Access Outlook Add-in for Data Collection and Publishing&#...

Send To Mail Recipient problem
I am having an issue with using the 'mail to pdf' option in some reports. The users with the problem are GP9 sp1 with Adobe std 8. They can run a service call report and use the email option fine but when they try to do the same with an invoice the window never pops up for the new email message. in the Customer Internet and email info...(same with vendor) you have to put the "mailto:" without the quotes in the email address eg: mailto:mycustomer@company.com Tami "Chris" wrote: > I am having an issue with using the 'mail to pdf' option in some r...

No signature in Tools/Send to/mail recipient
If I have a Word document opened and I select "Tools" then "Send To" then "Mail Recipient" my signature (including a confidentiality statement) is not included in the email. This is also the case when I try "Tools/Send to/Mail Recipient (as attachment) which is more surprising to me. Is there any way to make sure my signature and confidentiality statement are appended to all messages sent through Outlook (regardless of how the message is started)? Thanks! -- Rick B No, this is because Word only loads a stub of Outlook. If you want all settings...

Renaming a mailbox
Hi everyone. A girl here from the office got married so she asked me to change her last name. I proceed and rename her AD account and her mailbox around 2 weeks ago. When she sends email here in the office her name comes with the new change, wich is fine to me. But today she said she spoke with a client who said that when she receives a message from her, it shows up as with her old lastname and not the new one so she can't just hit, "reply". She has to re-type her email address in before sending her a response. I told her to send me an email to a yahoo account for testing purpos...

User Mailbox that more than one person sends e-mail from
Do to a SARBOX requirement we were told to set all user passwords expire. The issue is we have some users that we set up where more than one person sends e-mail from it. We set the mailbox up in outlook for the people that need to send mail as that user. When those user's password expires the person trying to send - gets an error and is not allowed to send. Is there any way to get around this issue? Thanks Jennifer Jennifer: For your shared mailbox, I would disable that account. Then, create a security group that contains as members everyone that should have permissions t...

Blank text in Sent Messages
When I compose a New message in MS Office Outlook 2003 or Reply to a message after I have Sent the message, I review my Sent Items folder and there is no message in the forwarded message and No Text in the New message, only address information and Subject information. It is as if any outgoing message content gets deleted. I cannot find the proper setting and I have shut down and restarted my pc several times. Please Help! ...

after moving mailboxes, outlook find feature issues
After I moved mailboxes from our Exchange 2000 server to our Exchange 2003 server I noticed that when you do a "find now" to search for messages in Outlook it starts at the date the mailbox was moved, instead of the most recent date. How do I adjust it so it searches the most recent date first? On Fri, 12 May 2006 10:39:01 -0700, todd5574 <todd5574@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After I moved mailboxes from our Exchange 2000 server to our Exchange 2003 >server I noticed that when you do a "find now" to search for messages in >Outlook it star...

Handling messages in CMDIFrameWnd derived class
Hello, Once again, I'm stuck in a simple thing.. I'm creating a class derived from CMDIFrameWnd to implement common features to some projects we're working on. I created a class derived from CMDIFrameWnd, that should handle some registered messages. It goes something like this: /****************/ class CMyFrameWnd : public CMDIFrameWnd { DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CBugMDIFrameWnd) protected: afx_msg LRESULT OnMyRegMessage(WPARAM wParam, LPARAM lParam); DECLARE_MESSAGE_MAP() }; IMPLEMENT_DYNCREATE(CMyFrameWnd, CMDIFrameWnd) BEGIN_MESSAGE_MAP(CMyFrameWnd, CMDIFrameWnd) ON_REGIST...

GP9 Error message
Hi While starting the particular company in GP9 we are getting this error message Unhandled user exception in Cash Flow Management. Failed to save CFM product version information. ExceptionClass:22000 ExceptionSubClass:0 Waiting for anyone's help Thanks in advance Nizham It sounds like the installation of Cash Flow Mgmt wasn't complete, or that rights were not granted on the tables. Take a look at the DYNAMICS database to see if the following tables are present: EBSKEYS POA40001 POA40002 If these tables are not present, please contact your VAR or Microsoft for further ass...

the messaging interface has encountered unknown error
when trying to create a new message, new pane won't open i receive "the messaging interface has encountered unknow error. If problem persists restart Outlook." So I restart outlook, no success, so I reboot pc and restart outlook...still no success, How can I create new mail? Teresa Ruble;117999 Wrote: > when trying to create a new message, new pane won't open i receive "the > messaging interface has encountered unknow error. If problem persists > restart > Outlook." So I restart outlook, no success, so I reboot pc and > restart >...

Message handling?
d:\kfrax\mainfrm.cpp(30): error C2440: 'static_cast' : cannot convert from 'void (__thiscall CMainFrame::* )(HDROP)' to 'LRESULT (__thiscall CWnd::* )(WPARAM,LPARAM)' Is the error i get in line: ON_MESSAGE(WM_DROPFILES,OnDropFiles) am i doing something wrong? Thanks, Tom R. use ON_WM_DROPFILES instead of ON_MESSAGE. This message has a pre-defined interpretation of the parameters, whereas ON_MESSAGE is expecting it to be a generic message callback with raw parameters. "Thomas Rybka" <rybka4@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eoCX41gWEHA.3988@tk2ms...

Export messages to previos version of Outlook
I saved a folder of 44 emails to a pst file in Outlook 2003. When I tried to import this to a computer with Outlook 2002 it gave me an error message. Did I do something wrong or is there another way to save these as a group so the older version will import them. Thanks, Ken I Ken Ivins wrote: > I saved a folder of 44 emails to a pst file in Outlook 2003. When I > tried to import this to a computer with Outlook 2002 it gave me an > error message. Did I do something wrong or is there another way to > save these as a group so the older version will import them. > > Thank...

A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send q #2
Hello world. I have been getting a vast number of email in the out queue starting this past Monday. I have freezed those queues and delete all the messages addressed from my postmaster address to Envelope Recipients:SMTP:wovowtwasqi@ntli.net; even though the q is frozen the number of messages is still increasing how can I delete those Queues? "A large number of messages are pending in the e-mail server send queue. Verify that you have Internet connectivity. If you can view Web sites normally, contact your Internet service provider (ISP) to determine if there is a problem with the...

Intelligent Message Filter Appears to be Crashing
Hello all, This morning when I came in, I started receiving notifications that our front-end Exchange 2003 SMTP and occasionally IIS services were crashing and restarting. As I started going through the event logs, I noticed the following error after the services had recovered: Source: Microsoft Exchange Server Event ID: 1000 Faulting application inetinfo.exe, version 6.0.3790.1830, stamp 42435bec, faulting module msexchange.ucecontentfilter.dll, version 1.1.32.8, stamp 40183cbe, debug? 0, fault address 0x0000a900. The way I'm interpreting this message is that the Int...

Deliver new email option
I am trying to make it so that on my Outlook 2003 install I have all new email go to a .PST that I created on a mapped drive. Here r the steps.. - I clicked on the Mail Icon in Control Panel. - Clicked on Data Files - Clicked Add and created a new .PST file - Click Close. - Clicked E-Mail Accounts - Clicked Next - For the "Deliver new email to the following location", I selected the location for the new .PST file. - Click Finish and Close. - Started up Outlook and sent myself a test email from another account. - New email went to the Inbox on the Exchange Server instead of the...

Move mailboxes between servers in different administrative groups
According to this article below on Microsoft website, it states that it is not possible to move mailboxes between servers in different administrative groups when running Exchnage 5.5 and 2003 servers in mixed mode. I was under the impression that this is no longer true and if you are running service pack 2 for Exchange 2003 it is possible to move between administrative groups. Can someone please confirm? Thanks Rustom Feature Available in mixed Exchange 5.5, Exchange 2000, and Exchange 2003 organization? Available in Exchange 2003 or Exchange 2000 native mode? Available in pu...