Message between 2 Exchange servers

I have 2 servers in the same site, (1) exchange 2000 and (1) 2003.  The 2003
is new and I have moved a few mailboxes to it and everything seems good.
Messages within the 2000 server are good and messages within the 2003 server
are good.  Messages from the 2003 server to the 2000 server are good, BUT not
from 2000 to 2003.  Do I need some connector or something between the servers
in the same site?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
-Steve
0
Steven (151)

On Mon, 5 Jun 2006 12:09:01 -0700, Steve N
<SteveN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have 2 servers in the same site, (1) exchange 2000 and (1) 2003.  The 2003
>is new and I have moved a few mailboxes to it and everything seems good.
>Messages within the 2000 server are good and messages within the 2003 server
>are good.  Messages from the 2003 server to the 2000 server are good, BUT not
>from 2000 to 2003.  Do I need some connector or something between the servers
>in the same site?  Any suggestions?
>
>Thanks,
>-Steve

I smell a "Smarthost" configured on the SMTP VSI.
I can't see it being a DNS issue because I bet you have just the one
or two DCs.
Check it out and advise.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Highlighting cells #2
Excel 2007 sp1 with vista 32 business sp1 Background: When you highlight multiple non-contigious cells (i.e. hold the control key down and select several cells that are not connected) Excel highlights the selected cells in light blue. Problem: This light blue does not show at all on many projectors. In some case you can adjust the color temp and this helps. We do hundreds of presentation in North America each year and can not control what projection equipment we will be using. Requested solution: I would change the light blue background that is applied to selected cells to some other colo...

Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.
We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just before closing: Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just something like the print to fax or MS Office Document...

Where do the messages go?
I am going to do a offline defrag of our Exchange 5.5 (SP4 on W2k server)database and I had the question of where do the messages go when the services have stopped? I have done a couple of offline defrags and I have never had the question and I don't think we have lost any messages. Where are the messages held? Does the email bounce back to the sender? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John "JohnH" <houserj2000@hotmail.com> wrote... > I am going to do a offline defrag of our Exchange 5.5 > (SP4 on W2k server)database and I had the question of &...

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Exchange update problem

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Addressing within Exchange 2003

How to restore entire server?

Message comes as an attachment

Please ignore #2

DNS Error on Exchange

matching contents #2

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Exchange 2007 across account search

How do I recover my messages in my mailbox?
When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are automatically deleted. But they are still in outlook not in my mail address. I want them back. Because I can not see my mails when I sign in from other computers. It sucks. On Sun, 28 Mar 2010 20:24:01 -0700, whereisnara <whereisnara@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Please ask your question in a forum for Outlook; this one is about the Microsoft Access database product. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >When I use Outlook, my e-mails in the original e-mail address are >automatically deleted. But th...