Meeting invitation responses going to deleted user

I have a user (call him "Kevin"). He sends a meeting invitation to anyone.
That person responds (doesn't matter what the response is). Kevin gets the
response, but the invited user gets a bounce message saying the response
couldn't be deliverd to "Mike Foobar". "Mike Foobar" no longer works here (he
used to work for Kevin), and his AD account and Exchange mailboxes were
deleted months ago.

Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003. We had a number of problems with our old
Exchange 2000 hardware, so I set up a new server, moved all the mailboxes,
and then followed the steps in various documents to delete the old server.

Thanks!

0
mhensley (50)

does "Kevin" have "Mike Foobar" still listed as a delegate?  does it show up
in the "delegates" list as maybe just and SID number?

"MichaelHensley" <mhensley@news.postalias> wrote in message
> I have a user (call him "Kevin"). He sends a meeting invitation to anyone.
> That person responds (doesn't matter what the response is). Kevin gets the
> response, but the invited user gets a bounce message saying the response
> couldn't be deliverd to "Mike Foobar". "Mike Foobar" no longer works here
(he
> used to work for Kevin), and his AD account and Exchange mailboxes were
> deleted months ago.
>
> Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003. We had a number of problems with our
old
> Exchange 2000 hardware, so I set up a new server, moved all the mailboxes,
> and then followed the steps in various documents to delete the old server.
>
> Thanks!

0
susan7353 (1225)
2/17/2005 6:51:14 PM
No. He may have when "Mike Foobar" still worked here. The only person that
shows up is "Kimberly Phoneyname" (his current assistant).

"Susan" wrote:

> does "Kevin" have "Mike Foobar" still listed as a delegate?  does it show up
> in the "delegates" list as maybe just and SID number?
>
> "MichaelHensley" <mhensley@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > I have a user (call him "Kevin"). He sends a meeting invitation to anyone.
> > That person responds (doesn't matter what the response is). Kevin gets the
> > response, but the invited user gets a bounce message saying the response
> > couldn't be deliverd to "Mike Foobar". "Mike Foobar" no longer works here
> (he
> > used to work for Kevin), and his AD account and Exchange mailboxes were
> > deleted months ago.
> >
> > Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003. We had a number of problems with our
> old
> > Exchange 2000 hardware, so I set up a new server, moved all the mailboxes,
> > and then followed the steps in various documents to delete the old server.
> >
> > Thanks!

0
mhensley (50)
2/17/2005 7:27:06 PM
I had something like this happen once, back when I was running 5.5...I ended
up having to create a new mailbox for the departed employee (same alias,
everything), then having the user re-add them as a delegate, and about an
hour later having them remove the delegate, make sure no forwarding
continued, then deleting  the mailbox again...

> No. He may have when "Mike Foobar" still worked here. The only person that
> shows up is "Kimberly Phoneyname" (his current assistant).
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > does "Kevin" have "Mike Foobar" still listed as a delegate?  does it
show up
> > in the "delegates" list as maybe just and SID number?
> >
> > "MichaelHensley" <mhensley@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > > I have a user (call him "Kevin"). He sends a meeting invitation to
anyone.
> > > That person responds (doesn't matter what the response is). Kevin gets
the
> > > response, but the invited user gets a bounce message saying the
response
> > > couldn't be deliverd to "Mike Foobar". "Mike Foobar" no longer works
here
> > (he
> > > used to work for Kevin), and his AD account and Exchange mailboxes
were
> > > deleted months ago.
> > >
> > > Exchange 2003, Windows Server 2003. We had a number of problems with
our
> > old
> > > Exchange 2000 hardware, so I set up a new server, moved all the
mailboxes,
> > > and then followed the steps in various documents to delete the old
server.

> > > Thanks!

0
susan7353 (1225)
2/17/2005 7:31:14 PM
That seems to have fixed it!

Thanks for the help!

"Susan" wrote:

> I had something like this happen once, back when I was running 5.5...I ended
> up having to create a new mailbox for the departed employee (same alias,
> everything), then having the user re-add them as a delegate, and about an
> hour later having them remove the delegate, make sure no forwarding
> continued, then deleting  the mailbox again...
>
> "MichaelHensley" <mhensley@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > No. He may have when "Mike Foobar" still worked here. The only person that
> > shows up is "Kimberly Phoneyname" (his current assistant).
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > does "Kevin" have "Mike Foobar" still listed as a delegate?  does it
> show up
> > > in the "delegates" list as maybe just and SID number?
> > >
> > > "MichaelHensley" <mhensley@news.postalias> wrote in message
> anyone.
> the
> response
> here
> > > (he
> were

> our
> > > old
> mailboxes,
> server.

0
mhensley (50)
2/18/2005 12:27:03 AM
kind of kludgy, but what the heck...

> That seems to have fixed it!
>
> Thanks for the help!
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > I had something like this happen once, back when I was running 5.5...I
ended
> > up having to create a new mailbox for the departed employee (same alias,
> > everything), then having the user re-add them as a delegate, and about
an
> > hour later having them remove the delegate, make sure no forwarding
> > continued, then deleting  the mailbox again...
> >
> > "MichaelHensley" <mhensley@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > > No. He may have when "Mike Foobar" still worked here. The only person
that
> > > shows up is "Kimberly Phoneyname" (his current assistant).

> > show up

> > anyone.
> > the
> > response
> > here
> > were

> > our
> > mailboxes,
> > server.

0
susan7353 (1225)

How to Check/Track BIS (BlackBerry) Users?
We use Eaxchange 2003 and have Outlook Web Access enabled. We have users who are accesing their Exchange email on BlackBerry's via the BIS OWA connection option. 1. How can an Exchange Administrator tell which users are accessing OWA via BIS? 2. Are their settings that would allow OWA to remain turned on but BIS access disabled? Thank you. Clark On Tue, 4 Apr 2006 16:41:01 -0700, Clark <Clark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We use Eaxchange 2003 and have Outlook Web Access enabled. We have users who >are accesing their Exchange email on BlackBerry's via the BI...

how to transfer outlook email files to new user on pc
I am setting up a new user on pc using office professional 2003--what is best way to transfer a large number of emails in my account to the other account user on my pc thanks Rob Copy the .pst file with Outlook closed, and then Open Outlook and Choose Open from the File menu, then Outlook Data File... follow instructions... "rob a" <rob a@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8FD76AB2-9F2B-490B-AC2E-70AA1D486623@microsoft.com... >I am setting up a new user on pc using office professional 2003--what is >best > way to transfer a large number of emails...

Word 2008 created files not fully readable by PC Word (2007 or 2003) users
When I created word files on my mac using Word 2008, pc users that I send the file to are only able to view the first two pages upon opening. I get the same result when trying to open the files on my word 2007 version through my Mac using the Parrallel program to access the windows OS. Is there an update that I am missing to correct this issue? Well, it's impossible to answer your question since you haven't given any indication of what your present update level is � or what version of OS X you're using. What I can tell you is that 12.2.3 is the latest available, so if t...

I have written a macro that takes me from the worksheet where I am entering information regarding an event to a worksheet that has a drawings of various table and chair layouts that I wish to copy. I would like to go to this worksheet copy a selected drawing then return to the previous worksheet to paste copied drawing. The cell formats and range in both the source and target worksheets are identical. As always, post your code for comments. It is HIGHLY likely that you need NOT goto the destination sheet at all. with sheets("destinationsheet") range("a2:a22").copy ....

inviting investors, students, entrepreneurs
http://garunar.wordpress.com/ PRIVATE UNIVERSITY COLLEGE owned by students, entrepreneurs DIGITAL EARTHLINK CONNECTING ENTERPRISE EqUaL OPPORTUNITY RESEARCH/SCHOLARSHIP- MBA, BA, BSC, MPHIL., MRES. EDUTAINMENT Homemade Re-Defined WEALTH MANAGEMENT Jewels of Orient: Fast-track wisdom ECONOMIC INCUBATOR LIFETIME HEALTHCARE, online CLINIC & Ayurveda GLOBAL MARITIME/ LAND BUSINESS with over 16000 boutique luxury businesses including 8000 in Asia BEHAVIORAL FINANCE/CANCER THERAPY/ MULTICULTURAL vipassana CEOs, Glamour, Parties, Garunar schools offering microfinance DIGITA...

Is it possible to create a crm user without a domain login name?
Is it possible to create a crm user without a domain login name? Isn't domain logon name a required field? I heard somewhere that this was possible? We need to change some account's owners to future domain users. Domainlogname is required field in CRM Like --- (Microsoft\ba) and it means you need to create a user in CRM .Account always has an owner , which is CRM user. would like to hear if someone has some tricks to bypass the domainlogname :=) ------ Aamir Blog = http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ IT is required when you create the user, but once you have created the user, ...

Adding CRM users on an SBS2003 instance
I just installed CRM 3.0 on our instance of SBS2003. All of the documentation I've read thus far instructs me to use Active Directory to add new users. What about using SBS2003's built in "Server Management" app, will that work as well? I have a half a dozen existing users on the SBS server prior to installing CRM. Some have Exchange email boxes some do not. How do I go about adding them to CRM? I assume the ones with exchange email boxes will need to have one set up for them to fully participate in CRM. This is my FIRST ever CRM installation, so please be gentle if these are...

Reset all users mailbox limits to default policy
What process can I run to change all Exchange users mailbox storage limits to reflect the default policy for the store their mailbox resides on? I have a mix of users who have manual storage limit settings but would like to change all back to default settings with out having to address each user indivdually. Thanks, Brian bjorgenson@charter.net wrote: >What process can I run to change all Exchange users mailbox storage >limits to reflect the default policy for the store their mailbox >resides on? I have a mix of users who have manual storage limit >settings but would like to ch...

Trying to delete info in a cell
I have 1 column of information with over a thousand rows of info. I want to just delete some info in the cell and keep the rest. Anyone have any idea how to do this? Here's an example of my info: AABERG 0.000 83.839 38738 AADLAND 0.000 87.245 58868 AAGAARD 0.000 85.690 48524 I want to delete all the numbers. Ay help woud be greatly appreciated. ASAP Utilities, a free Add-in available at www.asap-utilities.com has a built in feature that will strip out all numerical characters from a string. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "E2K3Tek" wrote: >...

Search available resources (meeting room, car, projector, and etc...)
Hi all, I was wondering if there is any 3rd party tools or buildin function in Outlook 2003, that will allow me to search for available resources like the ones in Lotus notes. For example, I can specify where, when, and how many people will be in a meeting and the search program will return me a room that matches my needs. Thanks, Peter ...

i want to allow users to edit changes afetr password protect of c
Please use the body of the message to describe what you want. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 19 Aug 2009 01:15:02 -0700, mamta raul <mamta raul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Deleting unwanted "Temporary" files
A web site has downloaded several files (gif, css and js) to my Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files folder. I do not want them on my PC since I don't know what they do and they were downloaded without my knowledge. I have tried to delete them, but can not do so. I used CCleaner to remove them, but when I reboot, theye are still there. They seem to be "permanent" and I can not remove, rename, edit or anything. Properties tell me nothing. In Windows Explorer, they file name is truncated and the internet address is listed. How can I get rid of them? I wil...

Can't delete message in outbox
I can't delete a corrupted message in my Outlook 2000 outbox through any regular means. I am running Windows 98 second edition. Does anyone know how to delete the message by other means? >-----Original Message----- >I can't delete a corrupted message in my Outlook 2000 >outbox through any regular means. I am running Windows >98 second edition. Does anyone know how to delete the >message by other means? >. >Have experienced same problem (OS-XP), believe associated with Email Worm? Messages sent w/multiple copies rec'd? Messages remain in Outbox c...

Deleting ODBC data files relating to Access 2007
I had Office 2003 on my machine with some Access database files. The machine was reformatted and Office 2007 was installed. This caused some problems with the existing database files. I then created some using Access 2007. I then reverted back to 2003 and that made things worse. The bottom line is that Office 2007 has been reinstalled and I'm sticking with it. The problem is that there are a few ODBC data files that will not delete. I go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) Shortcut. The files will not delete. I'd appreciate any help or ...

user defined fields
Cards-Sales-Customer, in lower left hand corner of the Customer Maintenance screen there are two user defined fields. one of our users would like to have User Defined 1 changed to "Tax ID/SS #". She should have been able to do this after looking at her user rights to "Tools-Customize-modifier" and "cards-Sales- Customer". loged in as "sa" and was not able to modify that same window. All I get is a greyed out Modifier / modify current window. ideas? Try going to Cards / Sales / Receivables and click on the Options tab. You will notice the...

automating user setup
If I have a trusted domain that my Exchange 2003 is in, I am using disabled accounts for users in the real(other) trusted domain, can I template or script that when user account is setup that they get a default account and email address in other (email) domain? ...

Using Delete Dialog
Hi NG, I try to create a Custom Web Page, which will insert to the CRM by NavBar. This is working fine. Now the should be a seperate Button, for deleting. I found a way to call the standard delete dialog with: window.showModalDialog("/grid/cmds/dlg_delete.aspx?iObjType=112&iTotal=1&sIds=") My Problem now: How can I set the id for the Case which should deleted? When I set the argumten like: window.showModalDialog("/grid/cmds/dlg_delete.aspx?iObjType=112&iTotal=1&sIds=", "{C1B55815-104E-DB11-9C89-0003FFA2910B}") I get the error: "XML Parse...

Restrict user access to their own records and associated entities
Hi all, I have a user - and they can correctly 'see' only their 'Contacts' But I have created other entities - lets say a 'product' that all users can see. And as each 'Contact' can be interested in more than one 'product' and each 'product' can have more than one 'Contact' interested I've created another entity called 'ContactProducts' to link the two. It basically has only two fields, a referential 'lookup field' to each of 'product' and 'Contact. The entities ('product' and 'ContactProduc...

Reminders appear for wrong (additional) user
We have Exchange 2007 and Outlook 2003. One of our users has full rights to the President's mailbox so that she can send email as if from the President when needed. She did so recently and now all of her reminders are appearing in the President's box. I've removed her from the permissions for the President's box, but this did not change anything. She has hundreds of appointments, tasks and emails with reminders set. What should I do? If I wipe out her profile (and or the President's) and rebuild them, will she have to reset all her reminders? Is th...

Custom user function sheet recalculate problem #2
Hi All, I have a custom user function called in many cells in my spreadshee much like -=getdata(ref1,ref2)- which works great! Within this functio a call is made to an SQL database to retrieve one piece information an return it to the spreadsheet. Althought it seems really quick for on cell its obviously a major overhead for many cells. Currently 100 cell updates takes about 15 secs which is actually not bad when it happening only once. However we will run large and complicate spreadsheets with perhaps many times more data being refreshe regularly in different ways. What I want to achive ...

Logon user name is empty
ASP.NET 4.0 I tried to get the Windows Logon user by: HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString(); But it return empty. What I want to do is to get the full name of the logon user from Active Directory. Alan T wrote: > ASP.NET 4.0 > > I tried to get the Windows Logon user by: > > HttpContext.Current.User.Identity.Name.ToString(); > > But it return empty. > > What I want to do is to get the full name of the logon user from Active > Directory. > Are you using authentication before allowing access to the applicatio...

BP user cannot see new page
We are creating new pages under the sales dashboard heading for individual salespeople. We are using BP4 on MOSS 2007 with GP10 SP3. We created the page then set the permissions on the page to allow read by the salesperson and a BP group that includes only them for the navigation audience. We then went into the navigation and added the link to the page and set the audience as the BP group containing just the salesperson and the BP administrator. As the admin I can see the page in the navigation and see the page and reports itself. When I am logged in as the salesperson I see the page i...

Import external database query not working with other users?
Help! I set up an import external database query (ms access) for an excel report used on our network that works fine for me, but will not refresh the data for anyone else. It does not appear to be due to any difference in user access or mapping. I set everything up through folders and files that all users have access to. I can't figure out why it only works for me. Is the query set up by the wizzard somehow tied to the user? Thanks, Dave. -- devbox ------------------------------------------------------------------------ devbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?...

giving myself rights to other users mailboxes
I am the exch 2003 admin, and I have everyone's password, but with 5.5 I used to be able to log in to all mailboxes, but since we changed to 2003, I don't have access with my account. How can I easily give myself rights again? Thanks see this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 "Sander" <noemail@noemail.com> wrote in message news:eczl0$92EHA.1144@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I am the exch 2003 admin, and I have everyone's password, but with 5.5 I > used to be able to log in to all mailboxes, but since we changed to 2003, I &g...

CRM
I am creating a custom web page to be linked from my CRM site. I got this all working but I want to grab the username or the user's GUID from the CRM site to pass on to my custom web page. I noticed that when you are in Accounts or other pages they pass the id=GUID and I can use that to xref the customer number of other information. How can I get the username? Any help would be great. Second note. How do you create a custom tab on the left hand side of the form on the Sales window. It seems that you can create a custom tab on the home and each individual items on the Sales form (lik...