MDBDATA files

Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\

I have a lot of files beginning with E000001-E0000F07
using 25GB of disk space. Yes I need to free up some disk
space. I have read article Q151214 but Im not sure if it
is ok to delete because I don't see the other log files
that are mentioned. Like (Edb.log),(Edb00000.log),
(Dlv.log),(Snd.log),(Dlvxxxx.log) or (Sndxxxx.log).

If you have any information that may help please email me.

Thanks,

 Donnie

0
anonymous (74722)

Does your backup not work?
How about running an Exchange aware backup which will clear the logs for
you?

"DBraswell (MDBDATA) @2si.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message news:46a401c3e408$6df3ee80$a501280a@phx.gbl...
> Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\
>
> I have a lot of files beginning with E000001-E0000F07
> using 25GB of disk space. Yes I need to free up some disk
> space. I have read article Q151214 but Im not sure if it
> is ok to delete because I don't see the other log files
> that are mentioned. Like (Edb.log),(Edb00000.log),
> (Dlv.log),(Snd.log),(Dlvxxxx.log) or (Sndxxxx.log).
>
> If you have any information that may help please email me.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Donnie

No, it is not OK to delete them. Perform NORMAL online backup of
Exchange data and logs will disappear. In future also perform regular
online backups of Exchange data. For more info:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;271987

"DBraswell (MDBDATA) @2si.com" wrote:

> Exchsrvr\MDBDATA\
>
> I have a lot of files beginning with E000001-E0000F07
> using 25GB of disk space. Yes I need to free up some disk
> space. I have read article Q151214 but Im not sure if it
> is ok to delete because I don't see the other log files
> that are mentioned. Like (Edb.log),(Edb00000.log),
> (Dlv.log),(Snd.log),(Dlvxxxx.log) or (Sndxxxx.log).
>
> If you have any information that may help please email me.
>
> Thanks,
>
>  Donnie

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/26/2004 12:57:38 PM
I performed an online backup using the ntbackup.exe and
again a second time using the Veritas Backup both time a
received a verify message that all was good but the log
files have not disappeared. Should I bakup more than just
the MDBDATA folder?? (These log files date back to  7-1-
2002)

0
anonymous (74722)
1/28/2004 10:57:43 AM
Donnie,

Make sure that when you are doing the backup, that you are backing up the
Exchange Information Store(s) and if you have Exchange Enterprise Edition
make sure you backup all of the stores in the same storage group.

You do not need (and for this prupose, do not want) to perform any file
backups, just select the Exchange Information stores to back them up and
then the logs will be purged. If you're doing file backups, the logs will
never go away. In ntbackup, you will see 'Microsoft Exchange Server' in the
backup selection tree. Once you expand that, you will see your Exchange
server, and then under that you will see the Microsoft Information Store
listed. Put a check beside the Microsoft Information Store and then run the
backup.

Now the logs should be purged.

Thanks,
Richard Roddy
Microsoft Exchange Support

--------------------
>From: "Donnie \(MDBDATA\) @2si.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Sender: "Donnie \(MDBDATA\) @2si.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
>Subject: Re: MDBDATA files
>Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:57:43 -0800
>Newsgroups: microsoft.public.exchange.admin
>
>I performed an online backup using the ntbackup.exe and
>again a second time using the Veritas Backup both time a
>received a verify message that all was good but the log
>files have not disappeared. Should I bakup more than just
>the MDBDATA folder?? (These log files date back to  7-1-
>2002)

0
rroddy (682)

add password in excel file
How to add password in MS Excel file. That means the user open project1.xls, it will pop up a password dialog, and user needs to enter the correct password before accessing the file. please advise! thanks! Matt File>Save As>Tools>General Options. Set your Password to Open here. Or on Worksheet Menu go to Tools>Options>Security and set Password to Open. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Mar 2004 09:26:49 -0800, "Matt" <mattloude@hotmail.com> wrote: >How to add password in MS Excel file. That means the user open project1.xls, >it will pop up a passwor...

Is there a way to unsave a file in Excel?
I accidentally replaced a file by clicking on the wrong file to save as. I would really appreciate it if there is a way to resolve this issue. Sharon, Not unless you have a backup, if not on a disk maybe form an e-mail you sent, if on a network check and see if the server backups up itself at some time. -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "Sharon" <Sharon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F...

someone help kenny
Outlook 2002 - i have a pst file on my FILE server, i share it with the wife, calendar, contacts ect... (of course we can not both be into it at the same time), is there anyway when i open that shared pst file on the file server, that i can get it to sync with my pst file on my pc? ...

Jet Engine MaxScanRows without an ini file or registry
I'm doing this: oConn.Open "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=C:\;" & _ "Extended Properties=""text;HDR=No;FMT=CSVDelimited""" I want to set the "MaxScanRows=0" setting, but the only ways I can find to do this are to edit the registry or create a .ini file, and I don't want to do this - I want it all contained within the VBA. I suppose I could set the registry in the VBA and then set it back again, but if it crashes then that would leave a modified registr...

Windows XP Pro as a file/media server
I have a few questions about setting up XP Pro to be a file/media server: 1) Is there a way to password protect all my shared items (ie. printer, partitions and folders) so others in the home network will have to type a password in order to access the items? I managed to share a folder in XP, but then Win7 just opened it and never asked for a password. 2) If the above answer is yes, then is there a way to make that password permanent in each pc? 3) Is it possible to share an old usb scanner from HP (Scanjet 2400), also password protected, without the use of paid software? ...

Unable to convert M04 file
Was running Money 04. Installed M05 After install, it prompts me for my password, accepts it. Then just as it starts Converting my datafile - it returns a message "A communication error occurred. Please try your call again. If you continue to have problems call your financial institution's Online Services Customer Support". Then Money 05 crashes and restarts. Help? On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 04:32:43 GMT, dWiz <dWiz@here.com> wrote: >Was running Money 04. > >Installed M05 > >After install, it prompts me for my password, accepts it. > >Then just as it ...

Access File/Directory Window (HELP)
I am trying to find either an add-in or code to automatically put a file explorer inside an Access form. I would like to browse thru a database table that contains a list of directories and the file explorer displays the contents (files and folders) in a form window. Other things I would like to do inside of the file explorer is double click word docs to open or move thru the directories inside of the file explorer. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance, Mike Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/access/api/api0001.htm at "The Access Web". Note that that...

File extension description
Hi, I search a documents or links with all names files and descriptions under excel 97/2000/2002/2003? thanks ...

outlook express and mdb files
after updating to the new xp service pack I suddenly can't open .mdb files attached to an email. It says unknown publisher. I have looked everywhere for a setting to turn this off, including the one that turns off attachments in the options security of outlook express. There must be somewhere I can get the system to recognize and accept access files Susam <susan1995@comcast.net> wrote: > after updating to the new xp service pack I suddenly > can't open .mdb files attached to an email. It says > unknown publisher. I have looked everywhere for a > setting t...

File access denied #2
How do I get access to an address book (.pst file) that I created and tried to load into a client's Outlook file? I get the message something like, "file access denied." "Barb" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d9601c3a934$7b6d73b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get access to an address book (.pst file) that I > created and tried to load into a client's Outlook file? I > get the message something like, "file access denied." could you be a bit more specific on exactly what you did and the exact error message you...

File SMTPREG.VBS for disclaimers
Hi everyone Looking for where to grab the file 'SMTPREG.VBS', per article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;317680 I am using MS Exchange 2003 on a win2003 server and when I download the latest Exchange SDK I do not receive that file. Is this supported on Excahnge 2003, am I downloading thewrong SDK? Could someone post the SMTPREG.VBS if they have it - Any help is apprecaited. Thanks, Kevin The Friendly XTech IT Dept It might be available here http://www.vamsoft.com/orf/howto-readreceipt.asp -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange Server - "The F...

MS Outlook missing OMINT.DLL File
I purchased XP, loaded it, everything went well but when I try to use Microsoft Outlook, I receive an error message that the OMINT.DLL file. I have a slew of e-mail saved on MS Outlook and need to get in. Did a search for the .dll file, nothing. I do not have the original cd. Any ideas?? sorry - the OMINT.DLL file is missing.... >-----Original Message----- >I purchased XP, loaded it, everything went well but when >I try to use Microsoft Outlook, I receive an error >message that the OMINT.DLL file. I have a slew of e-mail >saved on MS Outlook and need to get in. Did a ...

cannot find file
I moved my music library to an external hard drive. Now windows media player cannot find any file. It tells me that "the item might point to a file that has been moved, renamed, or deleted." I know that. Even if I open the music folder in my external hardrive and click "play", or "open with", media player cannot find it. Real player can find it, but I never really used it before that library has not had a change. Can anyone help me get media player to find these files. On Mar 2, 10:36=A0am, johnnyfd <johnn...@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Exporting data from public folders into a tab delimtied file?
Is it possible to export data from public folders directly into a tab delimited file (or even word/excel), or would I have to copy the data from the public folder into the users mail store, and then export the data from that point? Without doing something programatically, moving the folder you want to export in to a mailbox and using Outlook's import/export feature to export is the only way I can think of to do it. -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Free eBook: http://nexus.realtimepublishers.com/ttgsm.htm "Toast" <toast_box@yahoo.com> wrote in mes...

VBA or Macro Help: Create new files based on dynamic text in a tab
I have 7 tables in a Word doc. Each table has a cell for "Owner". Suzy is the owner in 4 of the tables, John is the owner in 3. I want to loop through all possible owners (in this case, 2), find each table that belongs to them, and create a new file for each owner. At the end of the macro, I'd have a file called "Suzy.doc" with her 4 tables appended and one called "John.doc" with his 3 tables appended. I could code this back in the day by looping through a 'getOwner-readWordDoc-testCondition-writeRecord' loop-until-end. But, I can&#...

Using .mst files for outlook settings
Hi When I use a .mst file with Office2000 to install outlook 2000, the setup pickes up the .mst file settings but not all of the outlook settings are set. The setup has picked up the "Corporate or Workgroup" setting but not the rest of the settings such as the Exchange server and so on. When I open outlook after setup I'm asked to enter these details. Any Ideas Regards Gareth ...

Close Outlook in Batch File
I have a batch file that backs up all the networked computers in the office to the server. This program will back up the Outlook (pst) file if the employee remembers to close Outlook. Is there a command line I can use in my batch program that will close Outlook? ...

Huge file drag and drop icons
This has probably already been covered a long time ago, but I just started using Vista because it was on a computer I was given. The problem is that whenever I try to drag a file from one folder to another in Windows Explorer, my target folder is pretty much obscured by a huge, semi-transparent file icon which appears as soon as I begin to move the file. 1. What in the *world* were the developers thinking when they wrote this horrible "feature" into the OS? (Rhetorical question, since probably even *they* don't know...) 2. Why doesn't the size of the icon...

Outlook 2002 won't open msg files
Hi I occassionally get forwarded messages, these messages end up in the form *.msg. Outlook theoretically is set up to open such files (via folder options, etc) but will not. Note we run other computers with Outlook 2002 & they have no problems, it is just one particular computer. How do we fix this? Sempurna Are they being send from Outlook 2002 clients as well? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Sempurna" <anonymous@discussi...

XLB file?
I'm switching computers. Where do I put my old XLB file? Ed You can put it in your XLStart folder, typically C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\XLStart . -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Ed" <ed_millis@NO_SPAM.Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eQMhHS7QGHA.4264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm switching computers. Where do I put my old XLB file? > > Ed > Thanks Chip. It's amazing how much I forget when I don't have to think about it! "Chip Pearson" <...

::: Excel
Hello, Will anyone know how many tabs one Excel file can include ? Thanks for your input ... I will search on my side. Jacques Hi Jacques, From Excel HELP: Sheets in a workbook Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets) -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1176749959.961608.103850@y80g2000hsf.googlegroups.com... | Hello, | | Will anyone know how many tabs one Excel file can include ? | | Thanks for your input ... I will search on my side. | | Jacques | Jacques, You don't say which version of Exce...

help !!! lost floppy 2 / 2 of my back up file
I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine, Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy? On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i don't have any and it aborts the restore process. Any idea, what can i do? In microsoft.public.money, Fife wrote: >I still have floppy number 1 and it's fine, >Is there a way I can recover at least the data on that floppy? No. > >On doing the restore, after finishing floppy 1, asks for floppy 2, but i >don't have any and it aborts the restore process. > >Any idea, what...

restore backup file
Where do I find my outlook backup file, and how do I restore it? I looked at help but it didn't help. polynomial5d Search for pst-files on your harddisk. Make sure you include hidden and system files/folders. You can the connect to it from within Outlook by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "polynomial5d" <polynomial5d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7D3687CD-9190-4F2A-9351-30A63D3CE29...

Outlook 2003 Locks/Crashes attaching file: Fault Bucket
I have a user running Windows XP Pro SP3 (Fully patched) and Outlook 2003 SP3 (Fully patched) that's having a problem where anytime he goes to attach a file (regardless of file type, size, etc.), Outlook locks up, at which point, regardless of how long I sit and wait, I end up needing to kill Outlook.exe AND Explorer.exe via task manager, then restarting Explorer.exe for the machine to resume normal operation. The users mailbox is connecting to an Exchange 2003 server. I have the following events in my Application Log everytime this occurs.... Event ID 1002 (Category 101)...

Will not restore a backup file
I have just reformatted my hard drive and reinstalled Money 2003 but it will not restore my backup file. I have read through the FAQ about this but still cannot restore the file. I am running Windows XP Pro with Money 2003 OEM part of Microsoft Works Suite. Whenever I try to restore my backup file (*mbf) I get the error message "Cannot open the file, may be Read only or the Harddrive may be write protected - none of which applies in my case. I have tried both quick and deep repairs but to no avail. I always end up with me having to sign into my Net passport and that just leads me ...