Mass enabling Outlook Web Access Junk Mail option

Under Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003), there is no way
to set the 'Junk Email' filtering option to 'On' for a
large number of users.

This is a problem for me and several other users, because
we have the new Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) enabled,
but we need the Junk Mail filtering option to be enabled
to make use of it. Informing every user to change the
option is unlikely to work, especially in a managed
environment like a school. Using the option to block
messages at the store-level is also not suitable because
for less-certain messages with lower scores, it's best for
the users to review the messages, yet to still have them
in a separate folder.

It would be great if there was an option to:

1) Enable the junk mail filtering on an entire OWA server.
2) Enable the junk mail filtering on individual accounts
in a scriptable way, so that admins could write scripts to
enable it on a large number of accounts
3) Enable the junk mail filtering on new accounts by
default.

Here are the URLs of some other people with the same
problem:

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=e8ZoLNTZEHA.212%
40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=u3QpERbmEHA.3872%
40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=ODJWMMXnEHA.3824%
40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl

http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=eIqgoUUtEHA.3200%
40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl

Thanks!
0
chris5459 (1)

I think it is wiser to inform users of the option and let them turn it on
themselves.  If junk mail is a problem for the user they will turn it on.
The Junk mail folder needs to be managed by the users (look for
false-positives, and items deleted once in a while).  If you enable it
without them being aware they may not realize there are messages being
dumped to Junk mail folder.

BTW, if they use Outlook 2003 it will turn it on by default.

-GT
"Christopher Hill" <chris@crgs.co.uk> wrote in message
> Under Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003), there is no way
> to set the 'Junk Email' filtering option to 'On' for a
> large number of users.
>
> This is a problem for me and several other users, because
> we have the new Intelligent Message Filter (IMF) enabled,
> but we need the Junk Mail filtering option to be enabled
> to make use of it. Informing every user to change the
> option is unlikely to work, especially in a managed
> environment like a school. Using the option to block
> messages at the store-level is also not suitable because
> for less-certain messages with lower scores, it's best for
> the users to review the messages, yet to still have them
> in a separate folder.
>
> It would be great if there was an option to:
>
> 1) Enable the junk mail filtering on an entire OWA server.
> 2) Enable the junk mail filtering on individual accounts
> in a scriptable way, so that admins could write scripts to
> enable it on a large number of accounts
> 3) Enable the junk mail filtering on new accounts by
> default.
>
> Here are the URLs of some other people with the same
> problem:
>
> http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=e8ZoLNTZEHA.212%
> 40TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl
>
> http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=u3QpERbmEHA.3872%
> 40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl
>
> http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=ODJWMMXnEHA.3824%
> 40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl
>
> http://groups.google.co.uk/groups?threadm=eIqgoUUtEHA.3200%
> 40TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl
>
> Thanks!

0
GT
11/13/2004 12:33:32 PM
I think most users are aware of what Junk Mail is now and
they are able to see from the folder view down the left
when there are items in their Junk Mail folder. Anyone who
has ever used Hotmail or something similar knows how this
sort of thing works and knows that you might need to check
it every so often.

And besides, if Outlook 2003 enables it by default, that
defeats your whole argument, because then it *is* the
default, whether they know about it or not.

It's not much use to say 'use Outlook 2003' either - for
some deployments of Exchange you don't want to have to put
*anything* on the clients.

An option to enable it on all accounts would be extremely
helpful in these situations (such as schools).

--
Chris

0
anonymous (74722)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Reporting from Project Server

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

option button
Hi I need some help! I have a column with results from a survey. The results are in text but do have a ranking, e.g. the results can be A,B,C,D or E. I now want to create an option button or similar where I can let the user choose to cap the results so e.g. the maximum result is a B and then all A results should show up as B's. Is this possible? Thanks You'll need a helper column to do this. Try something like this: =IF(B3<=C$1,C$1,B3) B3 is the survey result, C1 is the "Cap" value. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Andreas" wrote: > Hi > > I need som...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Outlook Recall Msg Process