many duplicate emails - remounting store

I have trouble where recipents will receive the same mail that was sent last
week.  Sometimes as many as 60 of the same messages. It happens when I first
mount the store and if I dismount and remount the store it will repeat those
1500 messages again.  Once it sends the messages (or I delete the queue) it
seems to run fine until it is restarted again. Of course restarting the
server has the same effect and sends them out again.

I have a Win2003 SP1 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1.  Most users (~60) are on
the mailbox store but ~20 are still on pst files. The clients are either OL
2003 or OWA.  No other connectors are enabled.  Remote outlook clients use a
VPN to access the server.

Jacques
--
J-Man
Active Directrory 2000

Any problem with updating to SP3, or even the post SP3 rollup?  If I recall
correctly, they all have updates to store.exe.....

"J-Man" <JMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have trouble where recipents will receive the same mail that was sent
>last
> week.  Sometimes as many as 60 of the same messages. It happens when I
> first
> mount the store and if I dismount and remount the store it will repeat
> those
> 1500 messages again.  Once it sends the messages (or I delete the queue)
> it
> seems to run fine until it is restarted again. Of course restarting the
> server has the same effect and sends them out again.
>
> I have a Win2003 SP1 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1.  Most users (~60) are
> on
> the mailbox store but ~20 are still on pst files. The clients are either
> OL
> 2003 or OWA.  No other connectors are enabled.  Remote outlook clients use
> VPN to access the server.
>
> Jacques
> --
> J-Man
> Active Directrory 2000
> Exchange 2003

0
tfelts1 (344)
5/3/2005 6:32:09 PM
It is a new exchange server and was updated to the service packs before
adding most users
--
J-Man
Active Directrory 2000

"Tom Felts" wrote:

> Any problem with updating to SP3, or even the post SP3 rollup?  If I recall
> correctly, they all have updates to store.exe.....
>

> "J-Man" <JMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have trouble where recipents will receive the same mail that was sent
> >last
> > week.  Sometimes as many as 60 of the same messages. It happens when I
> > first
> > mount the store and if I dismount and remount the store it will repeat
> > those
> > 1500 messages again.  Once it sends the messages (or I delete the queue)
> > it
> > seems to run fine until it is restarted again. Of course restarting the
> > server has the same effect and sends them out again.
> >
> > I have a Win2003 SP1 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1.  Most users (~60) are
> > on
> > the mailbox store but ~20 are still on pst files. The clients are either
> > OL
> > 2003 or OWA.  No other connectors are enabled.  Remote outlook clients use
> > VPN to access the server.
> >
> > Jacques
> > --
> > J-Man
> > Active Directrory 2000
> > Exchange 2003

0
JMan1 (13)
5/3/2005 6:50:04 PM
Not much help, but his will get you started:

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823489
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TechRef/images/687c72ff-79bd-4217-bddf-67848b23dabc.gif

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TechRef/0663917e-dfd9-4f99-a7a2-4f197961b256.mspx

J-Man wrote:

> I have trouble where recipents will receive the same mail that was sent last
> week.  Sometimes as many as 60 of the same messages. It happens when I first
> mount the store and if I dismount and remount the store it will repeat those
> 1500 messages again.  Once it sends the messages (or I delete the queue) it
> seems to run fine until it is restarted again. Of course restarting the
> server has the same effect and sends them out again.
>
> I have a Win2003 SP1 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1.  Most users (~60) are on
> the mailbox store but ~20 are still on pst files. The clients are either OL
> 2003 or OWA.  No other connectors are enabled.  Remote outlook clients use a
> VPN to access the server.
>
> Jacques
> --
> J-Man
> Active Directrory 2000
> Exchange 2003

0
kpalagin (1838)
5/3/2005 6:54:16 PM
Sorry, I mis-read....

Any antivirus on the exchange server?  When you say delete out of the queue,
you mean the local delivery queue?

Is there any rhyme or reason to the messages, ie: are they NDR's, spam or
legitimate e-mail?

> It is a new exchange server and was updated to the service packs before
> adding most users
> --
> J-Man
> Active Directrory 2000
> Exchange 2003
>

> "Tom Felts" wrote:
>
>> Any problem with updating to SP3, or even the post SP3 rollup?  If I
>> recall
>> correctly, they all have updates to store.exe.....
>>

>> "J-Man" <JMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have trouble where recipents will receive the same mail that was sent
>> >last
>> > week.  Sometimes as many as 60 of the same messages. It happens when I
>> > first
>> > mount the store and if I dismount and remount the store it will repeat
>> > those
>> > 1500 messages again.  Once it sends the messages (or I delete the
>> > queue)
>> > it
>> > seems to run fine until it is restarted again. Of course restarting the
>> > server has the same effect and sends them out again.
>> >
>> > I have a Win2003 SP1 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1.  Most users (~60)
>> > are
>> > on
>> > the mailbox store but ~20 are still on pst files. The clients are
>> > either
>> > OL
>> > 2003 or OWA.  No other connectors are enabled.  Remote outlook clients
>> > use
>> > VPN to access the server.
>> >
>> > Jacques
>> > --
>> > J-Man
>> > Active Directrory 2000
>> > Exchange 2003

0
tfelts1 (344)
5/3/2005 6:54:25 PM
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the replies.  Yes I have groupshield 6 running. It is a Exchange
aware virus scanner that just scans the mail as it passes thru.  It can also
scan the any exchange message store on demand.

As far as to what type of mail it seems to be all mail. I had a few local
deliveries (local delivery queue) ~300 and the majority of them are being
delivered to external servers ~900 sent from internal senders. These were in
the SMTP - mail.domain.name (SMTP CONNECTOR) queue. These are mostly
customers (ouch!) as well as suppliers and some other engineering contacts.
--
J-Man
Active Directrory 2000

"Tom Felts" wrote:

> Sorry, I mis-read....
>
> Any antivirus on the exchange server?  When you say delete out of the queue,
> you mean the local delivery queue?
>
> Is there any rhyme or reason to the messages, ie: are they NDR's, spam or
> legitimate e-mail?
>

> "J-Man" <JMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > It is a new exchange server and was updated to the service packs before
> > adding most users
> > --
> > J-Man
> > Active Directrory 2000
> > Exchange 2003
> >

> > "Tom Felts" wrote:
> >
> >> Any problem with updating to SP3, or even the post SP3 rollup?  If I
> >> recall
> >> correctly, they all have updates to store.exe.....
> >>

> >> "J-Man" <JMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
JMan1 (13)
5/3/2005 7:33:06 PM
Hi Kirill,

I have run the eseutil /d already and atfterwards when mounting the store it
sent all those email out again.  I have not tried some of the other switches
in the articles but am going to try them tonight.  The queue viewer utility
looks like it may help, I am playing with it now.

Thanks,
Jacques
--
J-Man
Active Directrory 2000

"Kirill Palagin" wrote:

> Not much help, but his will get you started:
>
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823489
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TechRef/images/687c72ff-79bd-4217-bddf-67848b23dabc.gif
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TechRef/0663917e-dfd9-4f99-a7a2-4f197961b256.mspx
>

> J-Man wrote:
>
> > I have trouble where recipents will receive the same mail that was sent last
> > week.  Sometimes as many as 60 of the same messages. It happens when I first
> > mount the store and if I dismount and remount the store it will repeat those
> > 1500 messages again.  Once it sends the messages (or I delete the queue) it
> > seems to run fine until it is restarted again. Of course restarting the
> > server has the same effect and sends them out again.
> >
> > I have a Win2003 SP1 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1.  Most users (~60) are on
> > the mailbox store but ~20 are still on pst files. The clients are either OL
> > 2003 or OWA.  No other connectors are enabled.  Remote outlook clients use a
> > VPN to access the server.
> >
> > Jacques
> > --
> > J-Man
> > Active Directrory 2000
> > Exchange 2003

0
JMan1 (13)
5/3/2005 8:03:03 PM
Oh I thought the queue viewer was something else, I already was here ... this
is where I delete the ~1500 messages each time the store is mounted.

Thanks,
Jacques
--
J-Man
Active Directrory 2000

"Kirill Palagin" wrote:

> Not much help, but his will get you started:
>
> https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823489
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TechRef/images/687c72ff-79bd-4217-bddf-67848b23dabc.gif
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3TechRef/0663917e-dfd9-4f99-a7a2-4f197961b256.mspx
>

> J-Man wrote:
>
> > I have trouble where recipents will receive the same mail that was sent last
> > week.  Sometimes as many as 60 of the same messages. It happens when I first
> > mount the store and if I dismount and remount the store it will repeat those
> > 1500 messages again.  Once it sends the messages (or I delete the queue) it
> > seems to run fine until it is restarted again. Of course restarting the
> > server has the same effect and sends them out again.
> >
> > I have a Win2003 SP1 Server with Exchange 2003 SP1.  Most users (~60) are on
> > the mailbox store but ~20 are still on pst files. The clients are either OL
> > 2003 or OWA.  No other connectors are enabled.  Remote outlook clients use a
> > VPN to access the server.
> >
> > Jacques
> > --
> > J-Man
> > Active Directrory 2000
> > Exchange 2003

0
JMan1 (13)

Outside Email Not Received
When we went home on Monday, we turned off our server due to forecasted bad thunderstorms -- which were indeed as bad as they were predicted. This morning, I powered up the SBS2003 Server, with Exchange Server 2003 SP1 included - and we can get internal email, but not external email. I've looked in the logs, I see nothing there that says there are any backups. I've sent myself several emails, and haven't received any of them. What on earth could be happening? Please help before I personally strangle the one person this allegedly really matters to. Thanks! (I'll prob...

Formula not being stored any more
Recently, Excel has stopped storing certain formulae in the formula bar. For example, if I type in say "=3*1/10" Excel will store "=0.3" in the formula bar. This is most inconvenient as I want to be able to tell what the constituent parts of the calculation are. It never used to do this so have I accidentally set an option on somewhere? How do I turn it off again? I couldn't duplicate this. If I typed: =3*1/10 and hit F9 (calculate)--not enter I got: 0.3 You're not getting close to the F9 key (with only portions of your formula selected? (Yeah, I did...

I can send but not receive emails in outlook
I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to Outlook Express which was installed with Microsoft Works I can still access my incoming mail from there Do you receive any errors when trying to receive? "TeeJay" <TeeJay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1BA6E6F-2C25-460E-9F4F-8A6EB8C9CA96@microsoft.com... >I have just installed Outlook 2003. I can send emails but cannot receive > them. I have confirmed my internet settings with my ISP. If I return to >...

Modifying dialog for incoming emails
good morning from germany, how can i customize the dialog which tells me that i have some new incoming email, f.g. name of sende, date and time or some other email related infos. thx patric What version of Outlook? If Outlook 2003, you can customize the rules for displaying an alert from specified individuals. Tell us your version and more detailed information (and IF it can be done in your version) will be forthcoming. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. "Patric" <sokrates1973@aol.com> wrote in message ne...

Error while Archiving email
I am getting error while trying to archive email from Exchange Mailbox to archive file. Here is the error Error while archiving "Inbox" in store "Mailbox-<user name>". Unknown error I created new archive file and tried to archive I keep getting same error. I tried this from different workstation too. I am administrator on local machine and running Windows 2000 pro with SP4 and Office XP with SP3, my email is on Exchange 2000 server with SP3. Any help on this is greatly appriciated. Thanks, Dinesh ...

Duplication of same page in same window. How to reverse?
Have duplication of one page in window. How can I return to single page display in window? Thanks - On Jan 11, 11:32=A0pm, Questions. I've got questions...... <Questions. I've got questions......@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Have duplication of one page in window. =A0How can I return to single pag= e > display in window? > Thanks - Click on the bar between the two halves and drag it up to the top (or down to the bottom) of the window. Or, if this is Word 2003 or earlier, use Window | Remove Split. Or, if you are using Side by Side windows, cli...

Removing attachments from multiple emails
Hi: I searched to get all emails with attachments that are from last year or older. Now I want to select them all and remove the attachments from all of them, but keep the messages. I can do this one email at a time by opening it up, right clicking and choosing "remove", but how do I do this for several emails at once? Is there something in Outlook that will allow me to do this or is there a third party tool? Thanks, Kayda There are many third-party tools to add this functionality to Outlook. = See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/housekeeping.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Macro Help/Duplicate Items + Insert Rows + Sum
I am trying to create a template that will do the following: 1. Find Duplicate Entries (AlphaNumeric) In A Column 2. Insert 2 Rows Between The Duplicate Entries Then: 1. Sub-Total(Another Column With Random Numbers) Of The Duplicate Entries 2. Format the Sub-Total In Bold I have gotten to the point of writting a macro that will identify the duplicate entries; does anybody know how to do the rest? This is a changing set of data, transferred to excel from a relational database (Lotus123 Rel2, which contains anywhere between 3000 to 5000 rows. I cannot spend time grouping the data ...

Duplicate detection upon import
Unfortunately, we use several different databases at my organization but in order to manage our customers, we import records from these databases into CRM. We have c360 for detecting duplicates once they're already in CRM. Is anyone aware of a product that checks for duplicate upon import into CRM? Brewhill, What method are you using to import the records and which records are you importing? We have a tool that checks for duplicates on import. -- Jeff Loucks [MVP] Available Technology 888-474-2237 Come see our CRM presentations at TechEd and SMB Nation on integrating other Micro...

Forward multiple emails
I am trying to pull together several emails from multiple sources and forward them out with a new email cover letter. I am trying to avoid forwarding each email separately. I want the emails to arrive together with the new email giving a summary of each. Select all the messages and press Forward. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Hendrix" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bbf01c48f9d$4aabd870$a301280a...

delivered email coming back undelivered
I am sending out email on using Msoft Outlook and it is getting to the recipient; however, I am getting email messages back from "System Administrator" that the email was undeliverable. Also when I would compose emails and got to my address book some of the folders were not available or seem to have changed locations. At the same time I was having problems opening up appointment windows in my Msoft Calendar program and getting a message that the folder could not be found. When I rebooted this went away. I have done a Norton virus scan but nothing came up. Any ideas? RickyG w...

Information Store Crashing
Good Morning All, I got in to work this morning to be told that our Exchange server had stopped working over the weekend. More specifically the Information Store service had died. It takes a while before anyone notices the mail going offline on weekends so I missed the whole thing and couldn't check the server for unusual memory usage or etc.. but after pouring through the event logs the only clue I can find which happens a few seconds before the log reports that 'Information store has terminated unexpectedly' is as follows: Event Type: Error Event Source...

HQ Client and invalid store id\connection issue
Have client with four stores. Running RMS V 2.0. New store is number 4. Have been able to establish connection to HQ but get this message on the log: HQ message contains an invalid store\id connection passowrd. Although the message is quite clear. Where exactly should we be making the adjustments? Thank you veruy much. 2 places: In HQ Manager, Admin/Stores Open properties for Store 4 ( I believe you need to be in Maintenence Mode to do this) Go to connection Schedule Tab - near the bottom of the tab you can enter a password - this is unique to each store. In HQ Client, File/Configurat...

Receiveing the same email twice ??
when I receive some message the same message is downloaded twice or if the message is already in the inbox, it is downloaded for a second time. I am having this with outlook 2002 & 2003 on different PC's and when I use outlook express on both PC's, I dont get the proplem. Can anyone tell me how to stop this happening, Please, please, please. ...

too many arguments I think
Hi, I am new to the forum and not too experienced in Excel. I wrote this argument that does a calculation if a cell in the C column is 0. IF(C10=0,H9^(B1/A1),IF(C11=0,SUM(H9:H10)^(B1/A1),IF(C12=0,SUM(H9:H11)^(B1/A1),IF(C13=0,SUM(H9:H12)^(B1/A1),IF(C14=0,SUM(H9:H13)^(B1/A1),IF(C15=0,SUM(H9:H14)^(B1/A1),IF(C16=0,SUM(H9:H15)^(B1/A1), IF(C17=0, SUM(H9:H16)^(B1/A1), IF(C18=0, sum(H9:H17)^(B1/A1), IF(C19=0, sum(H9:H18)^(B1/A1), IF(C20=0, sum(H9:H19)^(B1/A1), sum(H9:H20)^(B1/A1)))))))))))), but when it gets to C17 it gives an error, it highlights the 'sum' argument, I think I have put too ...

duplicate emails?
I just switched my Outlook Express account to Hotmail and I seem to be getting 2 or duplicates of any emails that are sent to me. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Mark pajosenden(deletethis)@hotmail.com I have found that if I set my OE to NOT OPEN IN THE INBOX the duplication does not occur. You may want to go over to the following site and look further for a solution: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6f8f01c42fb5$2ba22850$a601280a@phx.gbl... I just switched my Outlook Expres...

Mailbox Store
The option to purge a mailbox is not available. How do you clean messages from a mailbox at the MMC? Once the mailbox is deleted using ADUC, you will need to run the Clean Agent on the mailbox store for the store to recognize that the mailbox has been deleted. Once that is done you will have the option to Purge. To run the Clean Up Agent, right-click the MB Store. "Lee Coltharp" <itservices@windsorplace.net> wrote in message news:29dde01c465b6$626e8540$a401280a@phx.gbl... > The option to purge a mailbox is not available. How do > you clean messages from a mailbox at...

Unable to reply to received email
Help!! After setting up the services the test works fine sending and receiving. I can send email with no problem. When I try to reply to an email I get the following: 501 5.7.1 This system is not configured to relay mail from <addres> to <address> for 170.215.92.219. Anyone give me help with this one? It all started after my computer went down during a power outage. I reloaded outlook, then because of other problems I relaoded XP. When I imported the data from my old files the problem was still there. Any help would be appreciated. Your ISP may require that you ...

Unable to open Outlook XP Email
I began having problems when trying to open email with attachments in Outlook XP (running Windows XP Pro) about 3 weeks ago. When I try to open email with attachments, my PC will sometimes hang-up, requiring a reboot, even after which the email will not open (known safe source). The frequency of occurrence seems to be going up. Any help on how to fix this problem would be greatly apprecated. Thanks. Glenn Try it again with the virusscanner and virusscanner integration disabled. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Me...

Find UnUsed Stored procedure
I have lots of unused SP in my DB and i'd like to delete them. I need to find them. How can I know that a Stored procedure is not used. (with the tables i look at the DMV). I thought to trace it by a DDL Trigger on the Execute sp event, but there is not such a one... Gal (Gal@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have lots of unused SP in my DB and i'd like to delete them. > I need to find them. > How can I know that a Stored procedure is not used. (with the tables i > look at the DMV). That's a not a trivial question to answer. SQL Server maintains...

Want to remove Public Folder store/replicas but see many logons
Hello, I would like to remove a Public Folder Store from a server in my all-Exchange 2003 environment. We have had two Public Folder Stores, but I'd like to use one of those Stores for a Private Store for mailboxes and also because replication between the two servers is problematic. (It's only a few hundred megabytes of infrequently-used data.) I removed the replicas for all Public Folders in the ESM (View Public Folders) then removed replicas for Free/Busy, OAB, and Organization Forms after right-clicking and selecting View System Folders. Still, users showed up under the &q...

how do i set up outlook using my existing internet email account?
I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 13:18:29 -0800, Clayton wrote: > I am trying to set up my existing internet email account with Outlook. It was > previously set up, incorrectly. I have no idea what to do. Ask your ISP. They should be able to talk you through. -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

HTML emails
Hello, I want to send some HTML emails from Outlook 2003. I created an HTML page, with very clean HTML code and CSS in the <head> to control the formatting. The company logo is held on the website and I have an absolute link to it. Ideally I would like this page to become some stationary, so in the Stationary Picker I selected this HTML file to use as a template. However Outlook overrides my styles with <font> tags and adds other bits of HTML to what was a nice clean piece of code. Is there anyway to stop Outlook doing this? Thanks Vix Vix <user@example.net> wrote:...

GP Update Company
I receive this error in GP utilities after upgrading from GP 8.0 to GP 10.0, SP4 on SQL Server 2005. Interestingly the update goes seamlessly for another company. The error seems to be associated with professional services tools library. The following SQL statement produced an error: create procedure dbo.taFSRMALineLot @I_vReturn_Record_Type smallint, @I_vRETDOCID char(15), @I_vLNSEQNBR numeric(19,5) = 0, @I_vQTYTYPE smallint = 1, @I_vSERLTQTY numeric(19,5) = 1, @I_vITEMNMBR char(31) = null, @I_vLOTNUMBR char(21) = null, @I_vLOCNCODE char(11) = null, @I_vSLTSQNUM inte...

Help
The deal: On earthlink webmail, I only receive one of each email. When I "Send/Receive" from Outlook 2000, the Send/Receive window tells me I'm receiving 10 emails, but 30 appear in my inbox. Everything arrives in triplicate or duplicate. Extended headers appear to be the same in all three identical emails. Things I've tried and know: Deleted and then reconfigured my earthlink account many times. There is only one earthlink account. "Leave a copy of messages on server" is unchecked. Turned Earhlink Spamblocker On then Off then On then Off... no change. S...