malformed X400 address, Event 290

A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and=20
diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name) is being generated=20
for message C=3DUS;A=3D ;P=3D<removed> U;L=3D<removed>. It was=20
originally destined for=20
(recipient number 3), and was to be redirected to . [MTA=20
DISP:RESULT 19 136] (12)=20

all the info looks to be correct as far as I can tell,=20
and I've seen several q articles that state the MTA is=20
mis-configured. comparing the MTA settings in Raw mode=20
between the origional production server and this new=20
server shows all settings to be the same except the=20
server name. any idea?
a_jermo
0
anonymous (74722)

"a_jermo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and
>diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name) is being generated
>for message C=US;A= ;P=<removed> U;L=<removed>. It was
>originally destined for
>(recipient number 3), and was to be redirected to . [MTA
>DISP:RESULT 19 136] (12)
>
>all the info looks to be correct as far as I can tell,
>and I've seen several q articles that state the MTA is
>mis-configured. comparing the MTA settings in Raw mode
>between the origional production server and this new
>server shows all settings to be the same except the
>server name. any idea?

Maybe the address was in an old message that was replied to and the
address no longer is present in the directory?

The event-id 290 (you didn't post that, but it's what I think it is)
look like a regular NDR event.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Address Book problem.............
When I right click on the CONTACTS icon and select PROPERTIES and then the menu tab "OUTLOOK ADDRESS BOOK", the item that says: "Show this folder as an email address book" is greyed out and I cannot tick the box. I have been through the TOOLS/EMAIL ACCOUNTS procedure but cannot seem to get an address book going. As I only installed OUTLOOK a few days ago, I suspect that when I went through the initial configuration process, something has been missed there. I am on CABLE and previously used Outlook Express. Thanks all Ample instructions on how to configure the Outl...

Event errors #2
Hi, Was hoping someone could point me in the right direction, i have a couple of event errors in the NT event log and was wondering if anyone had come across them before and knows what to do about them. First one is: source: MSExchangeIS Private event ID: 1025 An error occurred. Function name or description of problem: EcCreateLink Error: 0xfffffeab Second one is: source: MSExchangeIS Private event ID: 1025 An error occurred. Function name or description of problem: EcProcessSearchMessageEvent Error: 0xfffffeab The only resolution that makes sense is running isinteg -fix which has been...

SMTP Error 7010 in Event Viewer
I continue to receive the following error in Event Viewer. Running Exchange 2003 and is the only exchange server in the organization: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7010 Date: 2/14/2006 Time: 1:36:29 PM User: N/A Computer: ZNSSERV1 Description: This is an SMTP protocol log for virtual server ID 1, connection #8238. The client at "<mymailserver_ip>" sent a "rcpt" command, and the SMTP server responded with "503 5.5.2 Need Mail From: first ". The full command sent was "rcpt TO: <my...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi Guys: A quick question on the "Workbook Open" event: When I load up Excel and open the workbook, this event triggers. If I then close the workbook, without closing Excel, then open the workbook, it does not occur. Close down the worksheet and Excel, then open it, it triggers. Is this normal operation? Could it have to do with the possibility the I had set Application.EnableEvents = False, before exiting the workbook. Craig Also put in sub auto_open() -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Craig Brandt" <brandtcraig...

How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message.
How to enable Shared Contacts to show up When Addressing an email message. Basically when you type in a email address/name it finds it in a another users "SHARED" contacts... (So you don't have to manually find/add it.) Can someone point me to some instructions? Thanks Russ -- Russell Grover - SBITS.Biz [SBS-MVP] MCP, MCPS, MCNPS, SBSC Remote Small Business Server/Computer Support - www.SBITS.Biz BPOS - Microsoft Online Services - www.Microsoft-Online-Services.com This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0736_01CAFD9B.F594AC40 C...

import address book
I have a new laptop windows 7 and want to import my contact/addressbook from windowsXP laptop. How do i do this. Also hhow do i import email from old laptop There is no address book in Outlook. You never import Outlook data. How to migrate Outlook data is posted here daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.micr...

Change IP address in Excel Sheet for SQL sever
We have change the IP address of our SQL Sever from 192.168.0.xxx to 192.168.0.4. This results in big problems as all our Excel Sheets with Pivots and SQL Queries in the have stopped working. Cause is that instead of using name we have used IP address in our ODBC set-up so the Excel file has the IP insted of the name of the SQL server. Now, one way to solve this is to save every sheet as XML and then change the adress, then import it and save it as an xls file again - losing graphs etc. Is there anyone that have an alternate solution to this problem and I will be eternaly greatful -...

Why Do Shortcuts Change to Network Addresses?
This has been happening as long as I've used XP pro. Suddenly, for reasons I've never figured out, some of my desktop shortcuts to folders suddenly change from local addresses to network addresses. For example: C:\Documents and Settings will change to \\JimsComputer\c\Documents and Settings. Does anyone know why this happens and how I can stop it. jim jim evans wrote: > This has been happening as long as I've used XP pro. Suddenly, for > reasons I've never figured out, some of my desktop shortcuts to > folders suddenly change from local addre...

Web Addresses
How do I remove the line from under a web address so that I may use it in a report that requires that I remove the line and inactive a direct link? Select the text and press CTRL+Space which will reset the paragraph to the underlying style OR Change the format of the Hyperlink and followed Hyperlink styles not to have an underline OR Set the autoformat as you type option not to convert internet paths to hyperlinks, so the address wouldn't be underlined in the first place. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>...

how to capture the event changing the name of a sheet
I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't know how to capture the event changing sheet's name. Please help No event is generated when a sheet changes names... What were you needing the event for? Perhaps we can help you get around the problem. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "Satyapal Kaushal" wrote: > I would like to trigger a procedure whenever a user change the sheet name or > add anew sheet. The event of new sheet can be captured but I don't...

Address relationship with custom entity
Hi We have created a custom entity and we would like to create a similar relationship that accounts have with addresses. We would basically want to enter multiple addresses for the custom entity. I have noticed that this not possible simply by creating a new relationship. You actually cannot create a new relationship with the address entity. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this before. I guess we could create a new address entity which would enable us to enter multiple address for the custom entity. I would prefer not to do this though. Any suggestions? Thanks alot Mark ...

How to handle KeyDown event of CListCtrl?
I use Visual C++ 4.2 Professional and I am developing an application with a CPropertySheet as the main window and 6 CPropertyPages as the sub window. In each CPropertyPage there is a CListCtrl in a Report view style and a Button. My question is: 1. If the selection / focus is on one of the CListCtrl item and user press the Return key, then it must open a new modal dialog to show the content of items. Or if I double-click on the item or I click the Button with focus on the CListCtrl, it will open a new modal dialog showing the content of the item. How to do that? I have tried the L...

create a csv file type format for a centrally access address book
Hello, We have Outlook 2003 clients on a LAN with a Small Business Server 2003 Standard editon box. We require a single fax document sent to new or existing clients with using our shared fax service from the SBS. Is there a way to create a .CSV file type format in Microsoft Excel for our new client database and import this information into Exchange as a seperate address book for fax use? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Joe See my response to your post in the contacts newsgroup.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook 2007 Programming: Jumpstart...

MSExchangeDSAccess Event 2061
Every 20 minutes we get the following error event: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: LDAP Event ID: 2061 Date: 1/17/2006 Time: 8:34:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AUSTIN2K3 Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=2084). An LDAP search call failed - Server=<server fqdn> Error code=80040957. Base DN=, Filter=(legacyExchangeDN=), Scope=2. Running Windows 2003 SP1, AD + Exchange 2003 SP2 on the same server. Any clues? Thanks in advance. Alex. See if it helps: http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2061&eventno=1784&source=MSExchangeDSAccess&...

Events from ActiveX
Hello, I added a class to my project using the "Class from an ActiveX Control" Wizard. So if I want to add event handler functions, no events will be shown on the property page. Next, I tried to add the event functios manually with a EVENTSINK_MAP but this also don't work. Can anyone help me? thanks in adavance marc ...

Event ID: 1025
W2K3/E2k3 SP1 I have two event 1025 on two different Exchange Systems. I have done about as research as I can find. (1) Event ID: 1025 Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store ECupdate 0x8004010f. Does anyone know if this is database corruption? If so, run eseutil or would isinteg to the trick? (2) Event ID: 1025 Source: MSExchange IS Mailbox ECupdate: EcTestMessage 0x8007000e. If so, run isinteg for this one? Any Help on the above two would be greatly appreciated. I do cringe when I see the Event ID 1025 because there is not much information out there on these. Except that as we kn...

Outlook Address book from 2K to XP
G'Day All. Greetings and best wishes. Where can I find the file that has the users' Outlook Address Book CONTACTS so I can move from a WIN2K box running Outlook2002 to a WINXP box running Outlook2002? And where, on the XP box do I put the file. Thanks much. D'Day- I would actually "export" the contacts from Outlook (File>Export/Import>To a File. You can export it to any location yo wish (ie: desktop, Network, a:\...) and then "import" the file back into the Outlook on the new Machine. Hope that helps. >-----Original Message----- >G'D...

Exchange 2003 SP2 event 7518 Sender ID must be configured
Exchange 2003 SP2, IMF and Sender ID configured. NOTE: I have read the blurb from Microsoft about the 7518 showing up in the event log if no SMTP server is configured for the SMTP virtual server (default SMTP virtual server). The server I am working on is the only SMTP server (i.e. no separate Gateway), and its configured on the IP address for filter enabled, apply sender ID - so thats not it directly. I have configured "ALL UNASSIGNED" and the local Nat'd internal address for sender id, but the event keeps popping up in the event log. Has any one else seen this? The sender i...

Opening address book in Word to print labels & envelopes
When I try to open the address book in Word to print labels, I get a notice to log onto Microsoft Exchange. I do not understand what to do??? Post your Outlook version. Post the mail accounts you have configured for Outlook. State whether you have added the Outlook Address Book to your Outlook Profile. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dolores" <fischere@midwestis.net> wrote in message news:25BF4DED-58CC-49B5-8DD0-2D8482BE6BC2@microsoft.com... > When I try to open the address book in Word to print labels, I get a notice to log onto Microsoft Exchange. I do not understand...

How do you print one address label at a time on avery 5160 labels.
I'll bet you have partial sheets of labels. I know that's why I have to use a work-around. You'll have to use a template of the entire sheet, not the wizard. 1. Go to http://publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=38 2. Download the template for Avery 5160 labels. 3. Create the label you want. 4. Print said label. 5. Thank Brian for saving you A LOT of time and work. (I've been known to lay my label out in Publisher and then copy and paste it into a Word document.) -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "sharonm" <sharonm@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Send from different email addresses
In Exchange 2003, I have mail coming in for 2 different domains. i need to be able to send email from the non-default domain. any ideas? Brett Evanson - Using same user account with multiple proxyAddresses: Exchange/Outlook will always send using the default SMTP address. proxyAddresses can be used to receive inbound mail for different addresses from the same domain or different domains, but nothing native or built-in in Outlook/Exchange to allow sending using a proxyAddress. You can either use SMTP clients like Outlook Express, or use Outlook with 3rd-party utility like IvaSoft'...

Outlook 03 big problem with Address Books
Hi Just installed Outlook 03 with Business Contact manager. And here's a big problem. When typing in an email address from my it defaults to the new address book - which contains nothing so I have to go and select my old Contacts address book - very very frustrating and time consuming. Questions: 1) Can I import from my old address book into the new one or 2) Can I get Outlook to dafault to my new address book. Many thanks JS ...

HELP: How To Turn Off Generation of Secondary SMTP Addresses
Hello, I've got an exchange setup that receives mail on domain-a.com (primary SMTP) and domain-b.com, domain-c.com etc... This works fine, apart from, for every new user/mailbox, it assigned the user the primary address and all the secondary addresses. I'd like to have it so that only the primary address is created, and the secondary address are not. As only a handful of users need/should have secondary SMTP addresses, so it's easier to add them manually as needed. However, i can't see how i turn off generation of the secondary addresses, without breaking the reciving...

Merge address in XL to Word letter template
Friends, Here is the basic situation. I have about 10 excel sheets containin addresses of thousands of contacts. They are written like this: [prior title][first name][middle name][last name][en title][street address line 1][street address line 2][street addres line 3][city, state zip] Not all cells, like titles, contain data for all persons. Anyway, wha I need is a way to insert, automatically, these addresses into th proper address space in a prewritten letter and on an envelope. I kno how to merge to create address labels in word, but not merge them int a completed letter, as in: Word Fil...

Global Address List (It's not displayed)
Hi WHEN I CLICK ON "TO" OR "CC" I GET A MESSAGE SAYING "THE ADDRESS LIST COULD NOT BE DISPLAYED. THE OPERATION CANNOT BE PERFORMED BECAUSE THE CONNECTION TO THE SERVER IS OFFLINE." What could i do ?? Thanks Hi Johan, did you work with Exchange? Or only with a lokal Profile? -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de "Johan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:2cf6c01c469be$c0d00ee0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi ...