Mailboxes that are not AD users

Can Exchange have a mailbox that is not an AD user?

Thanks
0
ron1583 (3)

The general answer is no but what wouls you like to do in the first place?

and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any)
are subject to the terms specified at

* Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias.
This alias is for newsgroup purposes only

"Ron" <ron@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Can Exchange have a mailbox that is not an AD user?
>
> Thanks

0
king1 (49)
5/27/2004 10:27:54 AM
What I am trying to do is redirect any mail that is
accidently sent to user@domain.com to user@domain.us

The company that hosts domain.com is associated with us
but we maintain seperate forests that do not communicate
with each other.  We have the .us domain and want to
ensure that is someone accidently sends to .com it will
make it to us.  My thoughts have been maybe a public
folder or just disable the AD account and have exchange
forward on.

Thanks

0
ron1583 (3)

auto create itemlookupcode when adding new items
Just like RMS assigns the next available # when adding a new customer, RMS should have a "next available #" for auto assigning the next Item Looup Code when adding inventory. At it's most basic, all you would do is give the starting number , say 10000. You could always overwrite the number suggested with a manufacturer's 12 digit upc. The implementation guide talks about "automation for numbering items", let's see it! We offer this feature in one of our add-ins called AutoGen. You can define a sequential ILC as 5, 6, or 7 digits or autogenerate categor...

How can I see which user owns a database
Hello! I have the famuous nortwind database. How can I see which user owns this database ? //Tony Hi Tony SELECT SUSER_SNAME(owner_sid) FROM sys.databases WHERE name = 'Northwind' -- HTH Kalen ---------------------------------------- Kalen Delaney SQL Server MVP www.SQLServerInternals.com "Tony Johansson" <johansson.andersson@telia.com> wrote in message news:p691n.14374$U5.222342@newsb.telia.net... > Hello! > > I have the famuous nortwind database. How can I see which user owns this > database ? > > //Tony &...

recover exchange 2003 users contact list
Hey, having a problem on our 2003 exchange server. a user on one of the stores overwrote their contact list with a new contact list somehow.. now only 1 user is in that list. they want to recover their older contact list. what is the procedure to do this? any documentation or notes would help, thank you! ps.. backups are run on everythink imaginable on the exchange server. -- nick Restore database to recovery storage group, exmerge data out and copy from .pst to mailbox. xlblazin@aol.com wrote: > Hey, > > having a problem on our 2003 exchange server. > a user on one of t...

Separating Recourse mailboxes in GAL
Is there any way to separate Recourse mailboxs in the GAL (for organized viewing from Outlook)? I don't believe there is a way to do this since when you create Address Books, you need to use criteria to filter and "resource" mailboxes don't have criteria in Exchange, it is just a process for sending an appoinment request directly to the calendar folder without going through the inbox. What you could do is use a custom attribute (ex: Custom Attribute1 = "Resource") and then filter on that to create a sub-Address Book called "Resources" "Tim"...

View mailbox size script
Does anyone have a script to view the mailbox size for a single mailbox on an Exchange 2003 server? Is there a way for help desk personal to run this script without using the exchange admin credentials? I have seen the script located at http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320071 and it works great with admin rights, I am wondering if there is a way for the help desk personnel to run this. Thanks ...

Office 2003 client problem with mailbox size...
Hello everybody! We have Exchange 2003 in a Win 2003 domain and there is one Office 2003 client who has the following problem: In Exchange System Manager it shows that his mailbox is about 32Mb... which has passed our limit. We made him to archive his msgs to a local file so that the mailbox would empty a little bit...so he did... I checked out the size again in ESM and it remains the same!!! I checked it out on the client side and it shows that it's something like 500KB... What on earth am I missing here ? Is there a chance of having the archived items both locally and on the server sid...

Cannot log into other's mailbox "Unable to expand the folder" err
When a user leaves our organization, we disable their 2003 AD account for 30 days. I need to give access to the mailbox of one of these accounts to someone. I went their account properties and in mailbox rights I added the user and gave them read permission and full mailbox access. I then went to this user's outlook 2003 and gave her permission under "open these additional mailboxes" to open the disabled accounts mailbox. The account shows up in the outlook folders but when you click on the + sign, I get the error "Unable to expand the folder. The set of folders ...

Users and Security Groups (PWA 2007)
Hi, It's easy to know which users belongs to a Security Group in PWA, but, in the reverse order, is it possible to know (to display) to Group(s) the user belongs to? Thanks Just click on the user's name in Manage Users? - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > Hi, > It's easy to know which users belongs to a Security Group in PWA, but, > in > the reverse order, is it possible to know (to display) to Group(s) the > user > belongs to? > Thanks Yes Andrew, But as each of my Resources belong to only one Gro...

Excel
Have 7 ppl sending me bi-monthly expense updates via Excel. Then I have to take all their "new" updated data and incorporate into a Master .xls, which the 7 ppl can't access directly unfortunately. Problem is, when I get the updates from the 7 ppl, I need to be able to see what is "new" data since their previous update. I've been reading about History sheets in Track Changes, but it's all getting a little confusing. Can some expert out there help me think through a solution, because I'm sure there's one out there! I need to write up a set o...

Problems with Windows Messenger User tagged as being Offline.
Hi: I am having aa problem with the setup for an Audio/Video (A/V) connection with Windows Live Messenger. We are trying to communicate wirelessly with two HP laptops (Laptop 1 and Laptop 2). Here are the configurations for the two users, User 1's laptop (Laptop 1) and User 2's laptop (Laptop 2). User 1's laptop: Laptop 1 (HP G60-533CL) OS: Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium Windows Live Messenger (Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.726) On sign-in screen: User 1 signs-in as "Available". When started, Live Messenger comes up as follows: Favorites (1/1) User...

AD users&computers
Windows 2k3 Server and Exchange 2k3 I installed adminpak on another XP workstation to setup users account. After created account I realised the user's account didn't have Exchange email account created. What sort of application I need in order to have user's account created within AD and Exchange apart from accessing the server physically? You need the Exchange System Manager integration with Active Directory Users and Computers. Install ESM by using the Exchange CD (Custom Install). After that, you should be able to right-click on the user in question to add a mailbox. Alt...

user cannot logon to owa
Hi, We have exchange and Win03. All the user including the domain admin can access email via outlook. The administrator can also access OWA from any machines, but users can only access their mail from outlook and not OWA. The users recive the prompt asking for username/password and domain, once entered it simply goes back to asking for a password. I am pretty sure the username/domain and passwords are correct. Not quite sure what the problem is, had a look in exhange features and OWA for the user is enabled. So to recap the user logged into the server can access their mail via ou...

#value appears when file sent to another user
I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file with links to external workbooks. When I send this file to a co-worker through Outlook and the co-worker opens the file and selects to NOT update the links, they receive the #value error, however when I open the file I don't get this error. Any thoughts on why this is happening and how to correct it? Jim Rech posted a registry tweak: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=uzkujhMHEHA.3284%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl Each recipient will have to make this change. simmerdown wrote: > > I have an excel file, in version 2002 sp3 file wi...

Chart User Template Error Bars Reference
When I create a user template as a type of chart it ends up that the reference for the error bar carries over. So whatever graph the template is copied from (say graph/chart 1) those are the error bars saved in the template. So if I use the template to create a new graph I end up with the values for error bars in graph 1. It would be nice if the reference held and not the values, since the set up is the same for all the graphs. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click ...

creating user accounts via webpage
Hi Guys, I know that we can create mail enabled accounts via webpage but how to do it??? Any examples? Thanks ...

How do I allow users to edit a cell's contents, but prevent them from moving, cutting or deleting the cell?
I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells (which would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow them to clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other words, be able to edit the cell). Any suggestions VERY welcome. TIA, Dan -- Dan E webbie(removethis)@preferredcountry.com Dan E (removethis) wrote: > I want to prevent users from MOVING, CUTTING or DELETING data cells (which > would cause any reference to that cell to give an error), but allow them to > clear the contents of the cell and enter new values (in other...

How to Determine Number Inbound/Outbound messages per user?
Does anyone know a way to determine the #of Inbound/Outbound messages per user on Exchange 2000? Thanks in advance. -Jim Crystal Reports can be used to generate Exchange reports. >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know a way to determine the #of Inbound/Outbound messages per >user on Exchange 2000? > >Thanks in advance. >-Jim > > >. > Crystal? How would one do that? ...

Running Office for users with directories not on startup volume (ref: KB322237)
There appears to be a problem with running MS Office for users whose home directory is *not* located on the startup volume. This problem prevents running Visual Basic Applications (VBA) within any Office Application, and also interferes with macro execution. While this problem has been noted for a while, it has not been fixed with any of the updates issued by Microsoft (up through 10.1.5) nor is it resolved by running the latest version of Mac OS (10.3.2). If anyone reading this newsgroup has any recommendations for how to work around this problem, I would be very grateful for any in...

Exchange randomly sending emails to one user
Hi, We have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server running as part of an SBS 2003 Package. Recently, one user started getting old emails resent to him every few hours. It started off as 10-20 emails at a time and has now built up to over 100. We enabled diagnostic logging but nothing out of the ordinary is showing up and no other errors are returned. Has anyone else experienced this and/or could point me to a troubleshooting path? Thanks. On 19 Jun 2006 05:32:12 -0700, martynda@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, > >We have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server running as part of an SBS 2003 >Package. Recently...

Adding Information to a Table
Here's my scenario: I have a table called SCT. It has about 150,00 records with many fields. I took all the account numbers from this table and looked up their "account types" and "account type descriptions" in another system. I imported the account numbers, account types and account type descriptions back in Access in a table called MQ. I can do a query joining the two tables on account number but I really need those fields (account type and account type description) in the main database, SCT. I'm not sure how I would do this. Any help is much appr...

well im not a new user but ive never learned much beyond simple stuff
i have a spreadsheet that i would like to do the following with: ...have a spreadsheet with say 30 pages, each page labeled with a month/dom, ie May1,May2,...May30. Each page has 30,31,28,29 days as rows and then several columns days but of course the rows vary depending on the month. Now lets say I know there will be a june, july, etc sheet. I want a formula to put on each page that is the sum of column j on each page. In the unique case I can refer to mayx-cellx by a link like "='May 9'!$M$26", but I would like a generic statement that doesn't care if it is May9, or Ju...

Help with Adding Time Hrs and Mins
A user would like to add several times up that a Councelor visits with a client. She states that it does not work well when it gets over 60 mins or 24 hours. Any help. Thanks in advance. Hi Mike Format cell with the summation formula Format>Cells>Number>Custom [h]:mm Regards Roger Govier Mike Busch wrote: > A user would like to add several times up that a Councelor visits with a > client. She states that it does not work well when it gets over 60 mins or 24 > hours. Any help. Thanks in advance. ...

DC Crash -> new ADS
Short introduction: The DC was reinstalled, so the ADS is also new. New ADS = New Users, new Groups and so on... so all Users etc. have new SIDs also. After the DC was reinstalled, we reinstalled the CRM. We have a Backup from the Databases before the DC-Crash. But because the Backup is from the old DC, with the old ADS and old User and Group SIDs, the CRM will not accept the Tables from our Backup. So, is there a way to use our new System (new DC, new CRM) with the Database-Backup? TIA Markus Taxacher Download the Redeployment Toolkit from CustomerSource. "Markus Taxacher [ABR...

Users request eliminating 0 in field default on form and IsError returns #Num
I have 2 irritating issues, and I'm hoping someone can help. I haven't found a solution in Help or searching posts. 1. Field displays #Num or #Div/0 on new record. Calcs correctly after data is entered. The controlsource of the field is below. I thought the IsError would eliminate the #num or #div/0?? =IIf(IsError(([txtTotRetail]-[txtTotCost])/[txtTotRetail])*100,"", (([txtTotRetail]-[txtTotCost])/[txtTotRetail])*100) 2. The users end up typing 600 when they mean to type 60. Is there any way to get rid of that default 0? I have 2 fields on this form that are impacted:...

Migrated mailboxes.
I've successfully migrated some mailboxes over from a Win/Exchange 2000 domain to a new Win/Exchange 2003 domain. It created a disabled user for each of these mailboxes. I don't want to use these users as I have already re-created them with correct permissions. How can I attache these new Users to the newly moved mailboxes? Thanks, Tim M. First of all make sure that your deleted mailbox retention settings are configured to retain the mailbox for a while. To accomplish this you will need to delete the mailbox from the "disabled users", open ESM, run clean-up agent...