mailboxes are getting larger on Exchange Server

Dear all,
            I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003.
* The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to
PST files

*Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i
using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any
thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to
expand the its quota then
it returns to normale stauts
very strange!!

Note: I m taking  backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after
that its 65 GB"

*It only took one day to get to the 65 Gigs i dont know what happened!!

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:27:25 +0200, "Ehab Magdy"
<ehab2_magdy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Dear all,
>            I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003.
>* The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to
>PST files
>
>*Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" .... i
>using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any
>thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to
>expand the its quota then
>it returns to normale stauts
>very strange!!
>

>Note: I m taking  backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after
>that its 65 GB"
>
>*It only took one day to get to the 65 Gigs i dont know what happened!!

Is it still growing or did it stop?
When you look at event id 1221 in the Application log, how much space
is there?
0
mark7219 (5666)
1/24/2007 2:32:53 PM
its till the same
and there is no event ID 1221

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:27:25 +0200, "Ehab Magdy"
> <ehab2_magdy@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Dear all,
>>            I ve a problem in my exchange server 2003.
>>* The mailboxes are getting larger and although i m delvering the mails to
>>PST files
>>
>>*Many mailboxes shows that they r above the limit "mailbox disabled" ....
>>using a quata for the mailboxes. and by browsing the mailbox i dont c any
>>thing in the mail box from the user's side ... the only solution is to
>>expand the its quota then
>>it returns to normale stauts
>>very strange!!
>>

>>Note: I m taking  backup every day "the normal backup size was 17 GB after
>>that its 65 GB"
>>
>>*It only took one day to get to the 65 Gigs i dont know what happened!!
>>

> Is it still growing or did it stop?
> When you look at event id 1221 in the Application log, how much space
> is there?

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:44:34 +0200, "Ehab Magdy"
<ehab2_magdy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>its till the same
>and there is no event ID 1221

What, no event 1221 at all, ever?
0
mark7219 (5666)
1/24/2007 4:11:32 PM
noo

> On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 16:44:34 +0200, "Ehab Magdy"
> <ehab2_magdy@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>its till the same
>>and there is no event ID 1221
>>
> What, no event 1221 at all, ever?

"Ehab Magdy" <ehab2_magdy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>noo

If there's no 1221 event then there's probably no events from these
sources, either:

MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store
1206, 1207, 9531, 9533, 9535

ESE
700, 701, 7xx

That would indicate that the IS background maintenance tasks aren't
running and the deleted items in the database aren't being removed.

Check, too, if you have the box checked on the database properties
that says not to permanently delete items until you've made a
successful backup -- especially if you're making only incremental or
differential backups.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

how to get the shift in document's origin?
I'm scrolling my view automatically using SetScrollPos() of CScrollView when mouse moves out of its boundary. It's scrolling nicely but the it's not going into OnScrollBy function that I have put into my view. I wanted to know how to set new origin after scrolling the view using SetScrollPos() Any idea? Dhirendra SetScrollPos is not a method of CScrollView that would automatically scroll; all it would do would be to change the position of the scrollbar thumb in the scrollbar window. This is not the same as having the user scroll the scrollbar, which is what I read OnScrollBy...

Move mailboxes from original Exchange 2003 server
I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do I still need to go through this - http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822931. I am just moving resources one server to another and deleting / uninstalling the original Exchange 2003 server. Thx. Yes you need to follow that article if you intend to remove the first server. Nue "YONAS" <yonas@msn.com> wrote in message news:evQWaBQhGHA.4284@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I am moving from 1 Exchange 2003 server to another - due to horsepower. Do >I still need to go through...

Exchange logon fails from broadband NOT modem
When connecting from a hotel broadband through a Microsoft PPTP VPN connection, Outlook 2002 fails to authenticate to Exchange 2000 server. MSM 5.0 to Exchange does same thing: prompt for username/password/domain but always rejects entry for muliple accounts. The PC is Windows 2000 with all current SP and patches. The same PC has no trouble access file servers, the VPN, and Outlook Web Access using the same username. The same PC worked well on the same hotel broadband before. The same PC connects with no issues from Outlook 2002 when connecting through a dialup Internet connection through...

How do I get new headers to appear in list?
The screen shows my new headers in the list, but when I look at he list toolbar and press form, my new entries are not included. ...

compressed drive for exchange db and logs
Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:35:51 -0700, "tony" <none@none.com> wrote: >Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? > Yes. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318116/en-us/ ...

Exchange/Outlook 2003
In an effort to make sure we never reach the 16GB threshold for the SBS 2003 Exchange Info Store, I'm looking to setup a GPO to give everyone consistent AutoArchive settings as well as a common location for the PST file. I have already downloaded the Office Administrative Templates for Outlook 2003, so I already have found the settings I want to modify and have made the changes, I just haven't made them live on the domain yet. My thoughts to date: * create two GPOs, one for the PST location, one for the autoarchive settings themselves * set PST location to local drive, or common netw...

SQL Server Timeout Error when searching for KB-Articles
Hello Community, i got an "SQL Server Timeout expired" Error when searching for KB-Articles in either the Webclient or Outlook. Environment: Windows Server 2003 R2 SQL 2005 + SP2 CRM 3.0 inkl. Update Rollup 1 Hey Mark, just a thought, as I'm going through some things with NTEXT fields and having issues in cirtain cases. Is it possible that some of the knowlege base articles have "Copy/Pasted" text from another application into the KB article? I've noticed on a few occasions with the NTEXT fields of notes and history/activities that when people are copy...

Exchange 2003
Howdy: We ahve recently migrated from an existing WinNT4/Exchange 5.5 Installation to a new Win2k3/Exchange 2003 mixed mode installation. All went well with the first server install but I am having problems installing the second and getting it to accept mail probably due to the reasonably complex computing environment. In short: All external mail is first handled via one of six UNIX servesr which does a look up and forwards the mail to the appropriate server in the format user@server.domain.com. This worked well enough with a single server, for the average Exchange customer the UNIX would...

Is this error exchange 2003 based?
HI, I have a ecommerce package that after I submit the form, it usually sends an email, I recenlty moved this site to a new server with Exchange and now when I try and submit, I get this. Exchange 2003 and the website are both on the same W2k3 server. error '8004020f' /ssl/SFLib/mail.asp, line 311 Thanks David Also, In IIS would the application Pool be ExchangeAppPool or the DefaultAppPool being that this program uses CDOSYS. Thanks much "David" <dross@si.rr.com> wrote in message news:#6m611lsEHA.1344@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > HI, I have a ecommerce package ...

Exchange 2003 (SP2) Mailbox Manager Exclusion Question...
I am the admin for a Exchange Server 2003 (SP2) Enviroment and an running into a problem with the Mailbox Manager.. We currently purchased a 3rd party product to archive e-mail outside of the exchange server. Basically a user creates a folder called "Archive" under the root of their folder list in Outlook and then they can create whatever folder structure they like under the folder called "Archive". Any e-mail a user wants to keep over 120 days (the limit we have mail saved on the exchange server) they drag and drop into this archive folder and then the 3rd party pro...

Get registered for the new community at https://community.dynamics
Within the next few weeks you will begin to see the Microsoft Dynamics Community pages located at http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/community, moving to a new location at https://community.dynamics.com. We are making this move in an effort to streamline the accessibility of all Microsoft Dynamics communities and make the user experience of interacting with community experts and your peers much easier. The newsgroups as you see them today will still be intact, but the web pages which you use today to access them will be different. Plus you’ll see more streamlined content and future func...

Exchange 5.5
We've got an exchange 5.5 server in an NT4 domain, when i create a new distribution group in Exchange Administrator it appears in the recipients section but not in the global address list (i've checked its not set to be hidden) however if i creat a new user they do appear in the global address list Anyone got any ideas??? Regards Paul ...

can't restore mailbox
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 and need to restore a single users mailbox who no longer has an account/mailbox in Active Directory (there account was deleted a few months ago). I was able to get as far as restoring and mounting the datastore that has the users mailbox, but when I try using the 'recover mailbox data' option in the exchange tasks, I get this error: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 . I see the mailbox I want to restore and everything, I just can'...

How Migrate mail account from SendMail to Exchange 2003
Hi... a new infrastructure has been created,new domain in Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I need to migrate the mail accounts that are in a Sendmail to Exchange Server Some idea or suggestion? If you are using Outlook with Sendmail, export the user mailbox to PST file. Once you have the users Exchange Mailbox created, import the PST file into the Exchange Mailbox. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "[TkT]" <TkT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A5E545A6-35E8-4F42-8FE0-E43469F21B0A@microsoft.com... > H...

deleting all rules from the server
Is it possible to delete all of a users message rules from the server? We had to restore a mailbox the other day and now the user's rules are in triplicate. We've tried to delete them from the client but when they sync to the server they come back. The user wouldn't be adverse to losing all of their rules at this point if that is necessary as every mail sync gives an error that the rules don't match - even after telling exchange which set of rules to keep. On Mon, 6 Mar 2006 12:17:27 -0800, KatLongo <KatLongo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible t...

2K3 server w/ Ex2K3 shuts down very slow
I have a new 2K3 server running Exchange 2K3 and no other software yet. When I shutdown the server with Exchange running it takes over 11 minutes. If I shut down the Exchange services before shutting down the server shuts down in 2 minutes. In the application log it shows errors with event id 8026 and 8250. The knowledge base articles on those errors arn't much help. Does anyone have any ideas? I have the same exact problem every time I restart. From what I have found on this issue, it appears it's one of those things that MS claims can be ignored. Whatever MS! Hopefully ...

Unable to remove Exchange 5.5 from exchange organization
Hoping someone can help me. I've scoured the web for help and seen this issue posted before but never a good answer. We had exchange 5.5 on server1. We installed Exchange 2003 on server2. Everything was migrated, everything was/is working fine on server2. I uninstalled Exchange5.5 from server1. I uninstalled ADC. I cannot remove Exchange 5.5 from System Manager 2003. From within System Mgr 2003 when I expand administrative groups->org->folders->public folders->system configuration. The "replication" of SYSTEM CONFIGURATION shows both servers. When I clic...

Real strange symptom.. Big Exchange bug of 2005?
Current setup: Exchange SBS 2003, Outlook 2003 Setup date: around Sept this year Hi all, i face a really really strange situation. I have some rules setup already to put dedicate user, e.g., Michael Jordan, to a folder "Jordan". Therules work well that put email from MJ to folder Jordan but today i found 3 emails from MJ sent few days before is not work. Instantly i trigger the rule manually "Run rule now" so that the email from MJ put back to folder "Jordan" although i m not sure why email does not follow the rule. BUT, the strange is, even i "Run rule now...

How do i leave a copy of a mail in a server
Hi, I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a server but i dont think so that the option exists in it . Please help in this Thanks Balaji.S http://www.serverintellect.com/support/email/outlook-leave-on-server.aspx Balaji wrote: >Hi, > >I have been using outlook beta version i tried to leave a copy of mail in a >server >but i dont think so that the option exists in it . >Please help in this > >Thanks >Balaji.S -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/outlook-setup/201...

JET/ESE failure when backing up Exchange 2003 Online Stores
Hello, Operating System: Windows 2003 SBS Service Packs: Windows 2003 SP1, Exchange 6.5 SP1, Sharepoint SP1, SBS SP1. Prelim: When performing an online backup, the job fails, logging the following information. ============================= NTBackup Log: ----------------------------- Backup started on 30/07/2005 at 8:41 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function...

Get Dictionary value
Hello, I am just wondering: is there another way to get a IDictionary value using: String value = config["key"].ToString(); Is does not feel C# to have something like config["key"]. But that's just me .... Thanks, Miguel shapper wrote: > Hello, > > I am just wondering: is there another way to get a IDictionary value > using: > > String value = config["key"].ToString(); > > Is does not feel C# to have something like config["key"]. > > But that's just me .... Probably. But, if you r...

Exchange 2007 and multiple domains
Need some help with Exchange 2007 and multiple domains... If you run Exchange 2007 and host multiple domains and having problems with OOF (http://www.pro-exchange.eu/modules.php?$1&name=News&file=article&sid=686) Is implementing a UC (SAN) Certificate in Exchange the only sollution? (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997633.aspx) ...

Software requirements on protected servers with DPM 2010
Is there the same requirement on the server I want to protect with DPM 2010 as with DPM 2007? (Regarding OS,SQL,Exchange versions and service pack level) hi Johnz Check if the link: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/archive/2007/07/16/dpm-and-production-server-pre-requisites-exhaustive.aspx helps? Regards, Venkat[MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "johnez" <johnez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:400BDA13-0DCB-49A1-B166-53A0C2F47614@microsoft.com... > Is there the same requirement o...

Cannot install the 3rd Exchange 2003 Server #3
Hi All, Please help me. I cannot install the 3rd exchange Server 2003 on windows server 2003 Std with SP1 and without SP1. My AD is Server 2003 with SP1. The other 2 Exchange Server is 2003 std with SP2. During installing a new Exchange computer into the organization, I receive the following error message: Setup failed while installing sub-component Site Replication Service with error code 0xC007054B (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the installation or try the failed step again. And the log is have the following error: [19:50:13] DS or RPC is b...

mail not deleted off server
I am using Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Pro accessing a POP3 server. Mail is no longer being deleted off the server. Just keeps being downloaded again and again. I have: - tried repair option - uninstall/re-install - wiped out and compacted mail files - deleted all rules - cussed, swore and jumped up and down I have also set up Outlook Express to rule out ISP. Express has no problem removing mail from the server. TIA, Rick "rick campbell" <rick_soup@ rogers.com> wrote in message news:lxgCc.465343$Ar.147937@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... &g...