mailbox with joining domain

I've installed 2k7 and noticed that i cannot use an outlook profile unless a
user joins the domain, is there a way to get around this..? do i have to
install rpc over http? thank in advance for the help.
-1
MadAdmin (3)

RPC over HTTP doesn't have anything to do with the security problem you're
having.

You can use an Outlook profile that's manually configured to get to Exchange
2007.

"MadAdmin" <MadAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've installed 2k7 and noticed that i cannot use an outlook profile unless
> user joins the domain, is there a way to get around this..? do i have to
> install rpc over http? thank in advance for the help.

0
awebb7472 (650)
4/30/2007 3:01:07 AM
i've tried to manually configure a mailbox and it can be done but it will not
accept the password and refuses to sign the user on.

"andy webb" wrote:

> RPC over HTTP doesn't have anything to do with the security problem you're
> having.
>
> You can use an Outlook profile that's manually configured to get to Exchange
> 2007.
>
> "MadAdmin" <MadAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've installed 2k7 and noticed that i cannot use an outlook profile unless
> > user joins the domain, is there a way to get around this..? do i have to
> > install rpc over http? thank in advance for the help.

0
MadAdmin (3)

Arcserve 11.5 failed to backup two mailboxes out of 103
We use ArcServe 11.5 to do a document level backup of our Exchange 2003 mailboxes. When the application ran for the first time last night on the production server, after testing on a test server, the notification I recieved was that the backup job was incomplete. It failed to backup two mailboxes out of 103. How can I determine which mailboxes were not backed up and more importantly, why they were not backed up. I am not sure if this is an Exchange 2003 issue or an ArcServe issue. My inclination is that it is an Exchange 2003 issue because it did successfully back up the other 1...

Autocomplete email domain from previous record
Hi All, I have a form with an email address field in which the domain is often the same for each new record. For example, test@domain.com... the "@domain.com" portion is often the same. What I would like to do is somehow have some code that autocompletes just the domain portion from the previous record when the user types the "@" symbol. So, they can then type in "test2" and as soon as they hit the @ symbol it would complete the field with the domain portion from the previous record. Does anyone have a genius way to do this? :-) Thank you for your help!...

joining up files to one database
i got a few files i want to join to gether to make one file, so when i click it, all the tabs are at the bottom of the page? hope you understand that cheers for the help Shed, You'll need to do a Move (Edit, Move or Copy Worksheet) to move each sheet (or a copy of) into a common workbook. Then save that. No magic button. Shortcut: Right click a worksheet tab -- Move or copy worksheet is there too. Or you can tile (Window, Arrange) the two workbooks (get them both on the screen simultaneously), and drag the tab from one workbook to the other. Hold the control to copy instead of m...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

Two Exchange servers no connection between mailboxes
Hi, I have just installed an Exchange 2003 server in the same forest as an Exchange 2000 server. The idea is to transfer all the mailboxes across when i'm satisfied the new server is doing everything I need. I moved two mailboxes today and have struck an issue. These two mailboxes can send mail to one another, but neither can send or receive mail from mailboxes still on the original exchange server. Is this normal? I would prefer not to move all the other mailboxes until I know it's working but I can't test it properly with this restriction. Thanks, John ...

mail destined for one recipient als goes to another users mailbox
Hi all, Has anyone come across this; the mail destined for one recipient A also goes to another users mailbox B. The email is definatly not destined for B's mailbox as there's nothing in the reference to user b in the header. There's no rules set up, There's no forwarding. This is only happening to one user (A). Can anyone think of a reason for this? Any help would be much appreciated. ...

Delay on update the mailbox size, OWA event slower on update?
Hi...there is a single win2k3 domain and single Ex2k3 environment, a user reported his mailbox is run out of size, we increated the size a lot. But we wait for another hour, it is still complaining not enough space to send message. Check the System Manager again, the size is way under the limit. How to force the system to update the mailbox size right away when it is increased? Would OWA take longer to update the size? how to force OWA to update as well? Thanks, fshguo. I don't think OWA would be any different. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[ln];327378...

Exchange mailbox recovery using Exchange DB files
I've shifted my Exchange 2003 machine to a new machine configured it and created all user accounts/mailboxes same as in old Exchange server and everything is working. I've all the Exchange DB files from old machine HDD i.e. .edb, .stm, ..log files as it is. But I don't have any type of backup using backup utility, but I have copy of all old Exchange files. How can I transfer mailboxes/mails from old machine to new one. I already studied Microsoft's Exchange 2003 Disaster Recovery Guide, and KB article "Offline Backup and Restoration Procedures for Exchange" ...

Mailbox for User in trusted NT domain
Hi. Wi habe Ex2k migrated from Ex5.5 and made object replication with ADC. ADC created disabled user accounts for mailboxes with prjimary NT-accounts in a trusted Windows NT - domain. After comnplete replication I uninstalled ADC. How can I manually create accounts in ADS corresponding to new accounts that have been created in the trusted windows NT domain after uninstalling the ADC. I think there must be a way but I could not find out one. Thanks and regards Guenther Ruehmann You should have been running ADMT in conjunction with the ADC so that you could first migrate all of your NT acco...

Exchange Mailbox
I have a client who uses Outlook at his office in conjunction with Exchange Server and Outlook at home with a totally separate POP3 mailbox and email address. He wishes to be able to see his Office Calendar and Contacts on his home machine but does not want his office mail delivered or synchronized with his home machine or visa versa. I have set up an Exchange Mailbox on his home machine and can access the Calendar and Contacts but have not found a way to stop the Mailbox picking up the email from the Exchange Server. I have tried every setting i can think of including modifying the Send an...

Forwarding on both domains
Hello, I have a couple of users which need to have mail in 2 different domains. Is it possible to forward the mail between these 2 domains and not create a loop? user@domain1 needs to forward to user@domain2 user@domain2 needs to forward to user@domain1 Any help appreciated. Arp Hiemstra I don't see how a loop can be avoided. Why can't the user just logon to one account consistently so you remove one half of the forwarding issue, i.e. Logon to domain 1 so only forward from domain2. Nue "Arp Hiemstra" <ArpHiemstra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Move workstations to new domain
I have some Windows XP & Vista workstations that I need to remove from a windows 2003 SBS domain and join them to a new Windows 2008 SBS domain. Is there an way to keep their existing user profile after I join the workstions to the new domain so their desktop settings, favorites and applications look and work the same. The original SBS 2003 server died before I was able to do A migration. Regards Mark Hi Mark: There is a third party app that will move these settings, but it is not free, and for a small domain I would do it manually. I have seen a manual move work a...

how to forward mail to correct domains and Exch servers,
We have an NT 4 domain (call it "NT4") and a new AD domain (call it "AD"). Domain NT4 is NT 4 with Exchange 5.5. New domain AD with Windows 2003 and very soon Exchange 2003. We have one Internet domain name ("abc.com"). How can we have mail sent to user@abc.com get routed to the correct Exchange server on the correct domain? Currently our firewall passes all SMTP traffic to the NT4 Exchange 5.5 server. I'm thinking the answer is the ADC, but will this work between two different (but trusting) domains? If this is the answer, does the ADC end up "ins...

Should Exchange server installed in the same domain controller server
Currently exchange server was installed the same File/printer server. But user access e-mail through Web Outlook Access is very slow when open/send e-mail message. Will this help improving the connection speed of openning/send message through out OWA if we installed the exchanger server in new server? Please help.... Thanks. It may. It depends on where the "slowness" is coming from. Generally, it's a good idea to put Exchange on a separate server if you can afford the hardware and licenses. It helps greatly if you separate Domain Controller function from Exchange function. R...

Log users if they reach their mailbox limits
We use Exchange 2003. If a user hit their mail box limit and if the 3 tick boxes are ticked. For example the "issue warning at" and "prohibit send at" and "prohibit send and receive at" areally selected for the users mailbox then it will generate an Event ID 8528 on the Exchange server. But if only the "issue warning at" and "prohibit send at" and NOT the "prohibit send and receive at" are selected and the user has reached their limit nothing is logged. Hope you can advise... In news:E72DD479-69F9-4A26-8688-3681C17A33D2@m...

Error with domain trusts
Morning all, I've struggling to establish domain traust between 2 Windows 2003 domain controllers: Domain A Domain Functional Level Windows 2003 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 Domain B Domain Functional Level Windows 2000 Native Forest Functional Level Windows 2000 I've setup a DNS zone on each of the domains DC's as a secondary from it's opposite and zone transfers are working, I;ve also created an HOSTS file entry for both domains DC's on their opposits. When I validate the trusts I get this message: Domain B validating Domain A: ...

Mailbox Manager for 5.5
I am trying to use the Mailbox Manager to clean the mailboxes in my organization. It works the very first time after installation, but then either through manually starting the clean or using the scheduled scan method, it doesn't work. It runs, but it says that it processed 0 mailboxes. After uninstall and re-install of Mailbox Manager, it works again the first time, but then doesn't work again. I'm using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and have installed the MM from SP4 CD. Make sure you don't have Outlook on the server. It has been known that running Outlook (o...

Move Mailbox #4
after an in place upgrade from NT4 to W2k3 nd after a connection agreements and after exchange 2003 instal I am having problems moving mailboxes. I cannot get the context sensitive properties to render on a mailbox to select a move. The only mailbox that will render the Exchange task context sensitive menu for the move mail box option is the acount I used to setup the connection agreements and to install Exh2k3. This account has all the pre-requisited permissions to do anything in the domain. I can move this users mailbox back and forth from exch 5.5 to exh2k3 no problem. ADC logs indic...

Restoring mailbox store fails
I've just installed a Windows Small Business Server which comes with Exchange 2003 Standard. The problem is that I can't restore mailboxes. What am I doing wrong? Here is how I try to do it: - Backup using ntbackup utility in advanced mode MS Exchange server\First Storage Group - Create Recovery Storage Goup and then Connect Database - Mailbox Store. After this I have First Storage Group with Mailbox Store mounted and Recovery Storage Group with Mailbox Store unmounted. Folloing step is restore Mailbox Store from backup. I run ntbackup and in Select what to restore mark First ...

lost mailbox rights
I have a user on an Exchange 2003 mailbox server that has somehow lost rights to his mailbox. He can only access it when he is made a domain admin, yikes...! Any thought on how to fix this problem...? Thanks, Tom... ...

Exchange configuration
Hi, On our Exchange server we hosted 2 domains, i.e. in the default recipient policy we had domain1.com and domain2.com. Some users in AD had emails user@domain1.com and some others had user2@domain2.com . Users of domain2.com were migrated to a different server (no connection between AD's etc, a new mail server) and @domain2.com was deleted from the recipient policies. I ended up with exchange tring to route mails to domain2.com internally. The only solution i found was to remove the domains from SMTP using metaedit. Unfortnuatly these domains re-appeared in the SMTP domains on the ...

Block and entire class A domain
Outlook 2003... In the email header you can see the actual server (RECEIVED:) that sent you the mail (this is not the same as the email address in the FROM: field): Example in Internet headers: Received: from someserver.somedomain.com [yyy.xxx.xxx.xxx] I'd like to block all email from yyy no matter what the rest of the address -- so yyy.*.*.*. -- the entire class A domain -- so that I can rule out whole large chunks of domains that I know I have no legitimate mail from. Is this possible? Thank you! I make Rules that use the line "with specific words in the sender's ad...

Exchange 5.5 mailbox issues
We are currently using a exchange 5.5 server and one of our directors is not getting all his emails sent. Its been when 3 or 4 external users send him email but he does not get it and the external senders get an NDR. The NDR sent to the senders refers to the exceeding storage allocation, but our director is not over the storage limit, as we individually set large limits for the director. It only happens occassionally and the director has said it could be more than the 4 senders, as its difficult to monitor. And today another user who was sent email from the same sender has the same problem...

How to log mailbox activity? Exch 5.5
We are running Exchange 5.5. This morning a department head asked me to log incoming and outgoing activity (including time messages were sent) for one employee. I have looked through MS Knowledge Base and the FAQ's here, along with doing a search here. No luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks. In Exchange 5.5 Open the Exchange Admin program and go to Configuration> Connections> Internet Mail Service > Diagnostics and Logging. On the MS Exchange IMC select the Items to monitor and level. Make sure that on the Internet Mail tab that message tracking is enabl...

OWA hangs after moving mailboxes to another Exchange Server
After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the mailbox never loads in the IE page. Clients with mailboxes on other Exchange Servers do not experience this problem. No errors are occurring onscreen or in the event logs. Any ideas? On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 07:58:32 -0800, JDavis <JDavis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After moving a group of mailboxes to another Exchange Store on another >Server, clients cannot login to OWA. The OWA logon is successful but the >mailbox never ...