mailbox with joining domain

I've installed 2k7 and noticed that i cannot use an outlook profile unless a
user joins the domain, is there a way to get around this..? do i have to
install rpc over http? thank in advance for the help.
-1
MadAdmin (3)

RPC over HTTP doesn't have anything to do with the security problem you're
having.

You can use an Outlook profile that's manually configured to get to Exchange
2007.

"MadAdmin" <MadAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've installed 2k7 and noticed that i cannot use an outlook profile unless
> user joins the domain, is there a way to get around this..? do i have to
> install rpc over http? thank in advance for the help.

0
awebb7472 (650)
4/30/2007 3:01:07 AM
i've tried to manually configure a mailbox and it can be done but it will not
accept the password and refuses to sign the user on.

"andy webb" wrote:

> RPC over HTTP doesn't have anything to do with the security problem you're
> having.
>
> You can use an Outlook profile that's manually configured to get to Exchange
> 2007.
>
> "MadAdmin" <MadAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've installed 2k7 and noticed that i cannot use an outlook profile unless
> > user joins the domain, is there a way to get around this..? do i have to
> > install rpc over http? thank in advance for the help.

0
MadAdmin (3)

Accessing a second Exchange Mailbox...
I have a Windows 98 SE machine with Outlook 2000 running. I had tried to have my Outlook receive mail from two exchange server mailboxes by using the "additional Maiboxes" section. For some reason it isn't recieving (or checking for that matter) the additional mailbox. Do I have to do something special to get this to work? Thanks in advance, Ian ...

mailbox restore #7
Hello, I have the following problem: I have to restore a single mailbox from an old tape. No problem. the key is that de mailbox has to be restored to a location different from the original. We use arcserve 11.1 and the exchange agent. In the restore destination window I can select a different (temporary) mailbox. But if I submit the job the job summary only states \\server\exagent2 (or similar) without the destination mailbox. Can someone confirm that the restore goes to the selected mailbox? I hope someone can answer this question. Thanx Maarten On Tue, 11 Jul 2006 17:43:11 +02...

unable to open other mailboxes as administrator
I need to be able to open others mailboxes as the administrator account in Outlook 2003. I have Exchange 2003 in native mode. This was originally upgraded from 5.5. I have made the security changes to the ESM that I thought were required to make this happen but it is still not working. I have followed the Microsoft KB articles that described the process of removing all inherited Deny's for the administrator account and adding the necessary privileges. Also the administrator account is a member of the exchange admin group. I can not figure out why this is not working. For example...

Problem with mailbox on Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 mailbox move.
I moved all of our mailboxes from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 and everything went fine, except for one mailbox. The mailbox is showing up in both the Mailbox Store for the Exchange 2k, and the Mailbox Store for Exchange 2k3. The one on the 2k box says the size is 0KB and total items is 0. The one on the 2k3 box says the size is 680,980KB with 18,000 total items. When the user tries to open Outlook, he gets: Cannot Start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. Microsoft Exchange is not available. Either there are network problems or the Ex...

Mailbox enabled user #2
I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while before it actually shows up in Exchange? or is there trick to expedite the process. Thanks for your help. Chow. On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:04:27 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote: >I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I >launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this >user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while befo...

Exchange mailbox losses/suppresses original 'sent to' addresses
Exchange mailbox shows only primary display name, loses original 'sent to' names IS THERE A WAY TO GET EXCHANGE 2003 TO DISPLAY (IN OUTLOOK) THE ORIGINAL 'SENT TO' ADDRESS (WHEN A SINGLE EXCH MBX HAS MANY SMTP ADDRESSES) INSTEAD OF DISPLAYING ALL EMAIL AS SENT TO THE 'DISPLAY NAME' IN THE USER ACCOUNT UNDER ACTIVE DIRECTORY??? Config: plain old Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003 Server. Need to be able to display the original 'display' names of emails sent to a single Exch mailbox. Single mailbox has about 10 smtp addresses - these a...

DPM mailbox recovery
We have two mailbox stores setup on an exchange 2003 server and are backing these up with DPM 2007. When in the recovery tab in DPM we are able to drill down to each mailbox on one of the stores only. The other store will not allow us to drill down to the mailbox level. Is this something we should be concerned about? You have to create a Storage Recovery Group in Exchange and restore the entire mail store there. Then you can use the exchange management tools to recover your mailbox. Here is a good resource I use for restoring items from the recovery groups. http://www.m...

invisible mails in secondary mailbox
Hello, I am using outlook 2003 connected to an exchange Server 2000 to manage my mails. In my profile I have 2 mailboxes: a personal mailbox and a group mailbox. The group mailbox contains 12 messages (shown at the lower left corner of the window) , but only 4 messages are viewed. There is no filter applied. When I create another profile with the group mailbox as default mailbox (and the personal as secondary mailbox) the 12 items will appear on the screen. I have been searching by Google for any reasons but did not find any valuable answer. Can anyone give me some advice? Thank you! ...

Recreate System Attendant mailbox in Exch2003?
Hi there, I run an Exchange 2003 server which has been having an annoying problem. It seems that the System Attendant is unable to access its mailbox. I reached this conclusion from the following symptoms: * Approximately every minute, an error from MSExchangeSA goes to the Application Event Log, saying "The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed' with error code 8004011d-0512. * I can't rebuild the Offline Address Book (I believe that automatic OAB generation is what's causing the above error) * An attempt to edit the Client Permissions of any public store folder gives ...

Additional Mailbox setting keeps disappearing
I have a client that keeps losing the additional mailbox setting for their shared fax mailbox from her outlook configuration. The Exchange server is an SBS 2000 Server and the Client is Outlook 2000. The CLinet OS is Windows XP Professional When does it get lost? Steps to reproduce? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Ernie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2b7bd01c4689f$058c0e10$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I have a client t...

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...

Cannot acess Exchange 2003 from another domain
I have a domain ABC running W2K3 Server Enterprise; another machine running W2K Server + Exchange 2000 in another Domain CDE. There is not any trust relationship between both domain. Users in domain ABC are used to access their email accounts in domain CDE by having the same user name and password in both domain. They login in domain ABC, and then use outlook to connect to the Exchange 2000 in domain CDE. They use in this way for years without any problem. Now the problems cames when i setup another machines with W2K3 server + Exchange 2003 in another New Domain FGH. Users in domain AB...

How to automate a list of mailbox limits
We have about 200 users (Exchange2003) that each have different size limits in their mailboxes. We charge each user depending on the size of the LIMIT. Actually there is just the warning, the box is usable even if the box is over the limit. The users do not know that ;-) The problem is: how could I easily generate a list where is the username and the warning limit ? Is this possible ? Write a script. I'm not sure this value is exposed in WMI but it is certainly available via CDOEXM. You could also possibly dump the information with LDIFDE or CSVDE. Nue "#Pete#" <petri....

Seaching all mailboxes
We have a situation that requires us to search all messages in our Mailbox store for emails to a certain individual. We have hundreds of mailboxes so individually seaching is out of the question. Is there a microsoft tool that will allow this functionality? We are running Exch 03, MS Server 03, Outlook 03. If I need a third party tool what would the recommendations be. Thanks! You can use ExMerge to do that. Make sure the permissions are correct..... "Reedler" <Reedler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1390907-D70F-4E04-9985-BFFED7D7F8D1@microsoft.com...

domain user, Outlook, password
a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them not being authenicated from the domain, but I'm not sure. Can you respond with the possibilities and some solutions. "mrosinbaum" <mrosinbaum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83AC0A64-0C48-44F7-BF3E-2E4835F35C01@microsoft.com... >a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time > they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them &g...

all mailbox access
I am one of two Exchange admins at the Co. I work at. I also take care of security from the software side. My backup Exchange admin can go into Outlook and do a file open and open up anyone's email inbox. I can not do that. What access does he have that I do not. I would like to control this but can not find out how he has this access. Thanks for any help. On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 07:11:03 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am one of two Exchange admins at the Co. I work at. I also take care of >security from the software side. My backup Exchange admin c...

mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file
Hello, One of my users receives the following message when he tries to open up his Microsoft Outlook 2000: The action could not be completed. The file ...\mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file. It was working earlier in the day how could mailbox.pst not be a personal folders file anymore? What can I do to make it a personal folders file again? Thanks. Make sure the path is correct. If outlook is trying to load from a path to the user's profile, and that profile has changed, been moved, copied, etc. the path will be wrong. So, Double-check that full path, and search the...

How to modify multiple users mailbox quota limits...
Hello All....belive it or not I am an Exhcnge Admin. with zero scripting ability or know-how...but working on that part myself. Anyway, I have approx. 3000 users and need to modify about 400 of those mailboxes so the the sytem policy will not affect them. For example, we are implementing a uniform quota for all users, exceot for those that are currently over the limit. We are going to give them a week to prune their mailbox and only set the warning limit for them as well. Then after the week, we want to bring up to par with everyone else and have them use the policy like everyone el...

Move mailbox problem #2
Hi We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook profile. They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just delete it or should I do something else? Cheers Mike "Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote: >Hi > >We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have >one mb w...

Access to mailbox of user whose login has been disabled
Where I work, we never just fire somebody and have done with it. Somebody always wants access to the recently-fired employee's mailbox "just in case" something critical comes in. So here's the question: Is it possible in Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 to disable an AD account and still permit access to the associated mailbox from another user's login? If so, how? I've tried granting full privileges in the disabled user's mailbox to the user who needs to access it, and then tried "Open|>Other User's Folder|>Inbox" in Outlook 2000 wit...

Setting up OWA External Access, No FQDN, using .local domain.
Hello everyone, I am trying to enable users to access OWA externally on our SBS 2003 server. Current set up is XXXXX.local as the domain name with XXXX.org registered but currently only forwarding to a hosted website. Running ISA 2004 on the server as well. OWA and RWW work fine internally but I am struggling to publish these services externally. Currently using a Draytek router with a static IP address. I know that changing the domain is not a practical option in SBS 2003 and have tried using OWA publishing rule & web listener but still unable ...

error joining to domain
Trying to join one last XP Pro computer to a SBS2008 box. Previously the system was joined to the SBS2003 box but I unjoined and now I am logged in as the local admin and when I try to join to the new SBS box using the connect wizard I get a message stating that I don't have permissions to save the file to comutername\.... I am not trying to save it to a temporary internet folder, I am trying to run it. Searched all over google and now I am about to format the system and start over but there are tons of user programs that will need to be reloaded so I am looking for any ...

IMAP Access to Multiple Mailbox using PINE
Hi all, We are running Exchange 2003, we need to be able to allow users using PINE to access multiple mailboxes (read only), this was possible in 5.5, which we can configure PINE with "AnotherUser" "{exchange.domain.com}Other Users/AnotherUser/inbox", and grant use reviewer rights to that mailbox But this doesn't seem to work anymore in 2003. How can we do this? Many Thanks, Yang ...

Cannot see neither access newly created mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients", "Users with exchange mailbox"). Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking ...

Security group doesn't work on Exchange Mailbox permissions
We're running SBS 2003. I am trying to give a group of users access to a couple of general purpose Exchange mailboxes. I can give the users access by adding their accounts individually to the Mailbox in question. (Exchange Advanced / Mailbox Rights / Full Access) This works fine and they can open the Mailbox in Outlook. However, when I try to do this using a Universal Security group, it doesn't work. We get an "Unable to Display Folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." This is what I've done... Assume I want people accessing the ...