mailbox with joining domain

I've installed 2k7 and noticed that i cannot use an outlook profile unless a
user joins the domain, is there a way to get around this..? do i have to
install rpc over http? thank in advance for the help.
-1
MadAdmin (3)

RPC over HTTP doesn't have anything to do with the security problem you're
having.

You can use an Outlook profile that's manually configured to get to Exchange
2007.

"MadAdmin" <MadAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've installed 2k7 and noticed that i cannot use an outlook profile unless
> user joins the domain, is there a way to get around this..? do i have to
> install rpc over http? thank in advance for the help.

0
awebb7472 (650)
4/30/2007 3:01:07 AM
i've tried to manually configure a mailbox and it can be done but it will not
accept the password and refuses to sign the user on.

"andy webb" wrote:

> RPC over HTTP doesn't have anything to do with the security problem you're
> having.
>
> You can use an Outlook profile that's manually configured to get to Exchange
> 2007.
>
> "MadAdmin" <MadAdmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've installed 2k7 and noticed that i cannot use an outlook profile unless
> > user joins the domain, is there a way to get around this..? do i have to
> > install rpc over http? thank in advance for the help.

0
MadAdmin (3)

mailbox backup #3
Helllo- I could really use someoens help. I have taken over some of the IT role where I work. We have an employee, who is still with us, but might be leaving soon. His mailbox is active and i would lieke to back up his messages on toa cd/dvd so that nothing gets deleted. I know I can archive like a pst, but basically want ot make acopy of all his mail and burn it on to a dvd. Can I do that. Thank you. On 1 Sep 2006 07:21:50 -0700, Peter.Angione@gmail.com wrote: >Helllo- > >I could really use someoens help. I have taken over some of the IT role >where I work. We have an employe...

Email Retention Policy /Mailbox Deletion policy interaction
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help with the following question: Our organisation is running Exchange 2000 with the following configuration : We retain deleted items/mailboxes for 30 days before they are purged from the system. We run a mailbox retention policy that auto-deletes mail older than 6 months. We want to know if mail that is deleted by the retention policy is retained for 30 days before being purged? Im of the opinion that the Mailbox Management process that enforces the retention policy bypasses the mail item/mailbox deletion settings set on the mailstores. We would like confirm...

why is my queues full with domains mail i dont reconize
i have exchange 2003 and the queues is full with other domains mails. no matter what i do it still fills up. so when i send my mail out it seems to get stuck and not go out util i reboot the exchage server. this is getting crazy. ive been looing into my relay setting follow all the advice. So how do i clear out these domain now that i have locked down the relay stuff Sounds like you are getting Reverse NDR spammed. You can apply a recipient filter to your SMTP virtual server that will drop all email to non-existent recipients instead of sending an NDR. In the system manager, expand ...

large edb but no mailboxes
Hello, i have single exchange server, 2003, and I have 4 storage groups. One storage group i am cleaning out (storage group2). I moved *all* mailboxes out of this storage group. the size of storage group 2 is 7 gbs. I performed an offline defrag and the size of storage group 2 is now 3gb. My question is what in this storage group is using 3 gbs of storage if there are no mailboxes in it. Actually there are mailboxes in it which is the SystemMailbox (size: 361kb, total items:401) and SMTP (size: 0, total items: 0) but it does not total 3 gbs worth of data. so what is using 3gb of storag...

Blocking relay, blocking bad domains.
I have a ton of relay goin on against my exchange server, when i open the que i see around 20 outgoing mail ques for the same domain...10kwiazrd.com, luxurylink.com etc etc... I know these are not clients we are emailing, they must be relaying mail off my server. Besides spending $600 for Anti-Virus software that does reverse DNS how can i block anyone from relaying off my exchange server...I only want my server sending mail that MY users are sending. Please help. In Exchange Manager, in Global Settings, Internet Message Formats make sure you block all NDR's (Non0delivery recei...

limit domain admin group access in Exchange environment
We have exchange 2003 and we need to limit the access the domain admins have from editing accounts but it still allows them to view key fuctions like view the Exchange server manager console, but are not able to edit the mailboxes or accounts. Thanks Right, you shouldn't make those people "Domain Admins". They should have rights only on applicable OUs. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2CE5FB8-C280-4213-8828-2C7B860524C6@microsoft.com......

domain upgrade path... need comments please
current config: NT server domain 100+ users. 1 PDC, 1 BDC, 1 server running exchange 5.5 we need to upgrade this to server 2003 AD domain w/ exchange 2003 without missing a beat. the final config will have 2 active directory DC's, and one member server running exchange. any thoughts on this? if possible we like to NOT run OS installs as upgrades. we are buying new servers and would like to more or less configure the new domain and exchange installation off line, away from the current network. with this method, is there a simple way to migrate over all user accounts and exchange mailbox...

Mail within a (demo) domain doesn't arrive
Hi, we are building up a single-domain machine within our organization to be able to give demonstration on a particular piece of software which need a small domain. We are using a Windows Server 2003 (Enterprise) pc with MS SQL Server 2000 and Exchange 2000 SP3. (The reason we are not using Exchange 2003 is because the demo software isn't released for Exchange 2003) So we created our own domain (demo.com) and created a user on this domain with a mailbox. When we try to send an email to this user (user@demo.com) it is sended (at least it disappears from the outbox) but doesn't arrive...

New to Sub Domains
In AD I am planing to create a sub domain. I have have HQ Users in a root domain "domain.local" and then an Orlando office in a sub domain "Orlando.domain.local". The Orlando users currently have accounts in the root domain with Exchange mailboxes boxes. I am plaining a local exchange in Orlando in this new domain but: 2 Questions: Any "gotcha's" to putting an exchange server in "Orlando.domain.local" and allowing both the exchange servers to get inbound external email for the same public domain name? How do I handle the user migration? Cre...

Error when recovering a mailbox
Suddenly when attempting to recover deleted mailboxes the following error occurs: The specified directory service attribute or value does not exist Facility: LDAP Provider ID no: 8007200a Exchange System Manager This is when I click on reconnect on the mailbox with the red mark on it and after I put in the alias on the user I get the error message. This is happening for any mailbox I try and bring back. On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 08:15:02 -0700, WaltK <WaltK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Suddenly when attempting to recover deleted mailboxes the following error >occurs: > &...

How to setup a rule to forward rule in Outlook (xp or 2003) to forward emails from a certain domain when app isnt running?
There is a shared mailbox owned by one of the departments. One of the individuals in that department needs emails coming from one specified domain to be forwarded to his email account, but not the other emails that come in. I set up a rule in Outlook (I tried XP and 2003) while logged in as the shared mailbox to foward emails based on the content of the email address to that user. However, when I clicked finish I got the message that this is a client side rule and will only run when Outlook is open. This is next to useless as no one logs on as this shared mailbox. Is there any way to make this...

Setting up OWA External Access, No FQDN, using .local domain.
Hello everyone, I am trying to enable users to access OWA externally on our SBS 2003 server. Current set up is XXXXX.local as the domain name with XXXX.org registered but currently only forwarding to a hosted website. Running ISA 2004 on the server as well. OWA and RWW work fine internally but I am struggling to publish these services externally. Currently using a Draytek router with a static IP address. I know that changing the domain is not a practical option in SBS 2003 and have tried using OWA publishing rule & web listener but still unable ...

error joining to domain
Trying to join one last XP Pro computer to a SBS2008 box. Previously the system was joined to the SBS2003 box but I unjoined and now I am logged in as the local admin and when I try to join to the new SBS box using the connect wizard I get a message stating that I don't have permissions to save the file to comutername\.... I am not trying to save it to a temporary internet folder, I am trying to run it. Searched all over google and now I am about to format the system and start over but there are tons of user programs that will need to be reloaded so I am looking for any ...

IMAP Access to Multiple Mailbox using PINE
Hi all, We are running Exchange 2003, we need to be able to allow users using PINE to access multiple mailboxes (read only), this was possible in 5.5, which we can configure PINE with "AnotherUser" "{exchange.domain.com}Other Users/AnotherUser/inbox", and grant use reviewer rights to that mailbox But this doesn't seem to work anymore in 2003. How can we do this? Many Thanks, Yang ...

Cannot see neither access newly created mailboxes
Hi, I have Exchange 2000 server installed on my Windows 2000 Server backup domain controller. Recently I had a problem with active directory synchronization, and with some viruses too but I (thought I) was able to resolve it. Now all seems to work fine but after creating successfully new mailbox enabled user in ADUC, I can't see the newly created mailbox in Exchange System Manager, but it can be found by using find in ADUC (Find->Exchange->"Show only Exchange Recipients", "Users with exchange mailbox"). Trying to access the mailbox using Outlook I get (clicking ...

Security group doesn't work on Exchange Mailbox permissions
We're running SBS 2003. I am trying to give a group of users access to a couple of general purpose Exchange mailboxes. I can give the users access by adding their accounts individually to the Mailbox in question. (Exchange Advanced / Mailbox Rights / Full Access) This works fine and they can open the Mailbox in Outlook. However, when I try to do this using a Universal Security group, it doesn't work. We get an "Unable to Display Folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location." This is what I've done... Assume I want people accessing the ...

Access to mailbox of user whose login has been disabled
Where I work, we never just fire somebody and have done with it. Somebody always wants access to the recently-fired employee's mailbox "just in case" something critical comes in. So here's the question: Is it possible in Exchange 2000 and Windows 2000 to disable an AD account and still permit access to the associated mailbox from another user's login? If so, how? I've tried granting full privileges in the disabled user's mailbox to the user who needs to access it, and then tried "Open|>Other User's Folder|>Inbox" in Outlook 2000 wit...

Move mailbox problem #2
Hi We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have one mb whose contents have been moved but any empty mb with the same name was left on the old server. Over the weekend new mail went to the old mailbox. The user can use both mailboxes by changing their outlook profile. They are happy to lose the 'weekend' mail fomr the old mb. Can I just delete it or should I do something else? Cheers Mike "Mike Varley" <mike@notdisclosed!!.com> wrote: >Hi > >We are moving mailboxes from a 5.5 server to 2003. Most are fine. We have >one mb w...

How to modify multiple users mailbox quota limits...
Hello All....belive it or not I am an Exhcnge Admin. with zero scripting ability or know-how...but working on that part myself. Anyway, I have approx. 3000 users and need to modify about 400 of those mailboxes so the the sytem policy will not affect them. For example, we are implementing a uniform quota for all users, exceot for those that are currently over the limit. We are going to give them a week to prune their mailbox and only set the warning limit for them as well. Then after the week, we want to bring up to par with everyone else and have them use the policy like everyone el...

Seaching all mailboxes
We have a situation that requires us to search all messages in our Mailbox store for emails to a certain individual. We have hundreds of mailboxes so individually seaching is out of the question. Is there a microsoft tool that will allow this functionality? We are running Exch 03, MS Server 03, Outlook 03. If I need a third party tool what would the recommendations be. Thanks! You can use ExMerge to do that. Make sure the permissions are correct..... "Reedler" <Reedler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1390907-D70F-4E04-9985-BFFED7D7F8D1@microsoft.com...

domain user, Outlook, password
a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them not being authenicated from the domain, but I'm not sure. Can you respond with the possibilities and some solutions. "mrosinbaum" <mrosinbaum@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83AC0A64-0C48-44F7-BF3E-2E4835F35C01@microsoft.com... >a domain user using MS Outlook is asks for a user id and password every time > they try to go into their Outlook. I think it has something to do with them &g...

all mailbox access
I am one of two Exchange admins at the Co. I work at. I also take care of security from the software side. My backup Exchange admin can go into Outlook and do a file open and open up anyone's email inbox. I can not do that. What access does he have that I do not. I would like to control this but can not find out how he has this access. Thanks for any help. On Sun, 18 Feb 2007 07:11:03 -0800, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am one of two Exchange admins at the Co. I work at. I also take care of >security from the software side. My backup Exchange admin c...

mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file
Hello, One of my users receives the following message when he tries to open up his Microsoft Outlook 2000: The action could not be completed. The file ...\mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file. It was working earlier in the day how could mailbox.pst not be a personal folders file anymore? What can I do to make it a personal folders file again? Thanks. Make sure the path is correct. If outlook is trying to load from a path to the user's profile, and that profile has changed, been moved, copied, etc. the path will be wrong. So, Double-check that full path, and search the...

Cannot acess Exchange 2003 from another domain
I have a domain ABC running W2K3 Server Enterprise; another machine running W2K Server + Exchange 2000 in another Domain CDE. There is not any trust relationship between both domain. Users in domain ABC are used to access their email accounts in domain CDE by having the same user name and password in both domain. They login in domain ABC, and then use outlook to connect to the Exchange 2000 in domain CDE. They use in this way for years without any problem. Now the problems cames when i setup another machines with W2K3 server + Exchange 2003 in another New Domain FGH. Users in domain AB...

How to automate a list of mailbox limits
We have about 200 users (Exchange2003) that each have different size limits in their mailboxes. We charge each user depending on the size of the LIMIT. Actually there is just the warning, the box is usable even if the box is over the limit. The users do not know that ;-) The problem is: how could I easily generate a list where is the username and the warning limit ? Is this possible ? Write a script. I'm not sure this value is exposed in WMI but it is certainly available via CDOEXM. You could also possibly dump the information with LDIFDE or CSVDE. Nue "#Pete#" <petri....