mailbox warning message

Exchange server 5.5
Can you tell me where I can find the text? file that
contains the default warning message when a users mailbox
breaches its limit. I would like to edit this message

many thanks
adam
..

There is no Microsoft supported way of doing this.  I would suggest you call
PSS to find alternatives, and if you would like, have the person you work
with email or call me.

--
Dan Winter, MCSE
Microsoft Exchange Support

purposes only.

"adam" <adam_attan@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Exchange server 5.5
> Can you tell me where I can find the text? file that
> contains the default warning message when a users mailbox
> breaches its limit. I would like to edit this message
>
> many thanks
> adam
> .

0
dwinter (26)

New message To, CC, BCC and Subject fields don't accept 'delete'
Hi all, I'm having a bit of a problem, actually more like an annoyance: whenever I create a new mail (that includes replying, forwarding etc...) I can type in the header field no problem. However, if I hit 'delete' or 'back' it does not deletethe characters in the field, but the ones in the email body! the only way I can get rid of something I already typed in those fields is by highlighting it and typing over it. It started happening recently, without me doing anything special. I have tried deleting the normal.dot, frmcache.dat and outcmd.dat (the last too out of hope r...

Mailbox Creation #3
I have always created a mailbox for Exchange whenever I have created a new user in Active Directory. However, recently, I receive confirmation that the mailbox has been created, but, in the Exchange System Manager, the mailbox is not there. I have checked for a possible licensing issue, but everything is in order. Any help on this matter would be deeply appreciated. Thank you. On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:13:02 -0800, Alboni <Alboni@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have always created a mailbox for Exchange whenever I have created a new >user in Active Directory. However, r...

Message Count under Inbox
Dear All, Would there be any ways that we can issue a command line call to our Exchange 2003 Server and find out the number of messages currently stored under the Inbox? If there is, could you let me know how please? Any help will muchly be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Andy ...

Send many email messages
Currently when I send many emails there is a significant delay between each email as I wait for the mesaage to actually be sent Is there any way to send it quicker? On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 13:25:17 +0100, "Samuel" <samuel.shulman@ntlworld.com> wrote: >Currently when I send many emails there is a significant delay between each >email as I wait for the mesaage to actually be sent > >Is there any way to send it quicker? How are you sending the emails? > > Scott McDaniel scott@takemeout_infotrakker.com www.infotrakker.com SendObject "Scott McDaniel&...

Outlook 2003
Hello, I migrate from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2003. I have problems with my rules: I have a first set of rules to MOVE messages to specific folders according to e-mail addresses (To: ...) AND a second set of rules to filter spam (MOVE messages to Deleted Items) This set of rules worked perfectly with OE6 (more than 90% of spam filtered). With Outlook 2003, COPIES of messages filtered remain in Inbox and specific folders of first set of rules. So I have now 3 copies of 200 junk mails per day, now... It is a real problem Why does Outlook make COPIES of the messages when I ask to MOVE t...

Can Exchange messaging sessions be saved for posterior auditing?
Hi all, We just started to use Exchange Messaging in our enterprise. It looks to become a very useful tool for management. It has the advantage of the written word. You can see what was written before so it is potentially auditable. My boss is asking me if is it possible to save a log of everything that is written on the service. I remember icq had this very useful thing. Is possible to save a log on the server of everything that is written by the users? Is it any vendor with such a solution? Thanks in advance Sammy On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 09:03:27 -0600, "SammyBar" <samm...

Send from exchange mailbox alias email addresses
I want to "send from" an alias email address. Example, admin@123.com (set as primary), admin@abc.com Exchange 2003, recipients policy accepts these domain names. So if you send to either email the admin@123.com will get the emails. I can receive, but now I want to send as one of my alias email addresses. I open outlook, I have my "from filed" showing in the email, in the "from field" I want the email to come from one of my alias addresses; I type it in, outlook resolves to my primary email address, first problem. So I create a "contact" with ...

Error with permissions, error sending messages, just too many erro
I must be doing something wrong, because everyone I've shown this server to says they have nevre seen this many problems with Exchange on an out-of-the-box installation. It never occured to me that extreme sensitivity of this application would be the biggest problem I am having with it... I can right click on a message in my Public Folder contact lists, click on "New Message to Contact" and it will create an e-mail to the person. Sounds good right? This process works for every single folder *EXCEPT* one. When I try to send a message to any contact in that folder (and i...

[ANN] How-To: Dealing with error messages and solving problems
Today's article outlines how to find help when you receive an error or if you are experiencing problems. Before asking on a mailing list, newsgroup or calling support, check the Error Page or the Solve Crashes & Conflicts Page. Searching for answers if often the quickest way to find an answer, plus when you search for answers yourself you often find other bits of useful info along the way. Don't expect someone else to always provide the answers. For example: You receive the error "The action could not be completed. An unknown error (4362) occurred." How do you find what ...

why is my typing in message not showing up?
i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? Are you using stationary? Perhaps your text is set to be the same colour as the background. "camel" <camel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4694EA48-ABE5-48D9-AA7F-200A9E146F9C@microsoft.com... > i cannot create a new message without selecting font color for each message > even though i have selected auto. how do i correct this? On 3/19/2010 8:45 AM, Orland, Kathleen wrote: > Are you using stationary? Pe...

Repair a corrupted mailbox/calender entries?
Is there any way to repair a corrupted mailbox? I have a user who has hundreds of appointments scheduled. One of his appointments is causing Outlook to crash. When the user logs on to any workstation and runs his calander, Outlook crashes about 1 minute later. Because of the number of appointments the user has scheduled, it is not possible to simply delete/recreate the appointments one at a time to see which one is causing the problem. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks You could try exporting his mailbox to a PST file using exmerge. This will drop any corrupted items. Teo...

Some messages in Outlook 2007 appear empty
Hello, I guess I am not the only one to face this issue. For some reason, some messages in outlook 2007 sent to me appear empty (without body); there is subject, CC: etc but no body of the message. When the message is sent to someone else besides me, the other person will see the content. Even when double clicked or saved to file, there is no body. Is there a way to fix this? I have no solution but am attempting to solve same issue. I have noticed that these message without content are generally from someone who has replied to my message sent to them. Additionally my email server is runni...

error message when shutting down Microsoft outlook
I have just started using Outlook (previously Outlook Express) when I downloaded trial version of McAfee Spam. Message comes up saying "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a promlem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Why is this I have checked all the settings that I know of. Have you tried removing the McAfee product to see if it's causing the problem? "SVA" <SVA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CB626E03-8610-4030-A1DD-EF2761DC7D75@microsoft.com... >I have just started using Outlook (previously Outlook Express) when...

Outlook 2003 messages no longer showing extending characters
Greetings, Has anyone else experienced this recently? It started happening over the last week. Does anyone know how to correct this issue? Thanks, Mike "Mike Forman" <msf427@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:jhbDe.15687$3o4.10429@tornado.socal.rr.com... > Greetings, > > Has anyone else experienced this recently? It started happening over the > last week. Does anyone know how to correct this issue? > > Thanks, > > Mike > What do you mean by "extending characters"? Sorry. I receive a lot of messages from Asia. For some reas...

Can I import my previous message w/o "Folders.dbx"
Hi, I just knew that importing the previous OE mail message requires the file "Folders.dbx". Because I have lost this file, is there any way to import my previous OE5 message / folders to OE6 without checking the file "Folders.dbx"? Symptom: Whenever I try to import the previous mail message, an "Import Message" says - No message can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have files open. It doesn't work either do I put the previous f...

FYI: Open Word doc without unwanted messages
With the help of Doug Steele (thanks!) I was able to create a function to open Word docs more smoothly. Maybe it can be of use to someone else. See below for code and comments. Lars Function fOpenWordDoc(strFullPath As String) On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Open/BringToFront Word document without unwanted messages 'Comment: This function either opens a Word document or, ' if already opened by the user, brings it to front. ' Bringing it to front and not re-opening the Word ' document, prevents the default Word dial...

Cannot send messages
Hi all, thanks in advance for reading this. Our router died and we got a new one. I had the port 25 and 110 mapped, which allowed all the incoming to come in, but the outgoing is still qued and will not send. Any ideas? Exch 5.5. THANK YOU. Question 1 Do you have a Firewall ? What Flavor ? Question 2 What version of Exchange are you running ? Question 3 Did you do the following in MS Knowledge Base article. 153119 "David" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1222c01c3c011$df8ad2e0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi all, thanks in advance for reading...

Mailbox Maintenance / Moving
Hello, I setup a second 2003 Exchange server on our network with the intention of retiring the old one after migrating all mailboxes, public folders etc.. My question is the following: Is running Eseutil preferred before moving? I have about 25 mailboxes with about 10 of them over 1 gig, the largest being 7 gig. Also, is it possible to move the mailbox and still retain a copy on the old server? If not, if something goes wrong during the move, is there any reverting back to the old server? Thanks, Russ In news:52ED9213-5D8D-4916-8458-BF90483B6C12@microsoft.com, VIT <VIT@discussions....

repeated messages
i cant seem to stop a particular message from continuing to appear in my inbox -- over and over. i keep deleting it and it keeps coming back multiple times -- like once a minute. my i received it iver 100 times yesterday and it is still coming today. it is NOT spam. I did send it to my junk inbox -- so now it goes to delted items but it is still annoying as it keeps coming over and over.i have already received it anotehr 11 times in the past 15 minutes. how do i get it to stop? ali <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > i cant seem to stop a particular message from c...

Mailbox sharing
Hi, Is there a way to share one POP3 mailbox between several Outlook clients? In fact, I have 3 computers in my office, 2 desktops and one notebook and I would like to be able to connect to my mailbox when using one of these computers without downloading the messages localy. Is that possible without Exchange Server. Thanks in advance. As long as you don't try to use the PST file on more than one PC at a time, create profiles on each that contain the Internet Mail settings & point to the same PST file on a single computer through the network. See http://www.slipstick.com/outl...

Pop up message if marcos are disabled
Hi All, Is there anyway to force a simple pop up message every time particular spreadsheet is opened ONLY IF the user opening it has macro disabled? The pop up message needs to be of the form... 'You have macros disabled' [with one 'OK' button] Any help would be greatly appreciated CHEERS The Grinc -- The Grinc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- The Grinch's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=244 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39286 No, that would require ...

Message box blocking PostMessage() API
Hi, i am trying to show a message box when i try to quit from my application.I already have 1 thread running in background which does some specific operation.if i wont respond to the message box, i am using PostMessage() to a window which is in another dll.PostMessage() is not doing the job. I could not see the message i have posted using Spy++ resulting in odd behavior of the PostMessage(). Is there anything like 'not responding to a messagebox() will block PostMessage() call' or is it the problem of threads. In my case message is being sent from UI thread of my application to ...

Theme font, Outlook 2007, can't change for new messages received
In Outlook 2007 some, but not all, new incoming messages are presented in a font that's called helvetica, but appears more like ALGERIAN. We have set the font for; New mail messages, Replying or forwarding messages, and Composing and reading plain text messages, to Arial 11, but it has no affect on the messages that are displayed in (?) ALGERIAN or helvetica. In 'Theme or Stationary', '(No Theme)' is selected, but in the pane to the right the heading, bullet, text, etc. all look like ALGERIAN. Some of the messages are to groups, but no other recipients see the ...

Windows Live Mail error message
For the last two days I have had a pop up box every time I open Windows Live mail which says: Sorry, something unexpected happened and Windows Live mail must close. Your most recent changes may not be saved. Obviously when I close the box it closes Windows Live mail. Very frustrating!! ...

Apparently erroneous error message
My client's Outlook (Office 2k) gives the error message "The location messages are delivered to has changed for this user profile. To complete this operation, you may need to copy the contents of the old Outlook folders to the new outlook folders. For information..." When you tell it ok, you get this message: "Outlook could not save the updated folder shortcot information. Check to make sure there is sufficient disk space and that the file "C:\documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Mic..." is nor marked read-only Another attempt to save will be ...