Mailbox store will not backup correctly

With Backup exec 8 the information store will not backup consistantly... I've
found that Veritas says that its because there are emails with attatchments
on emails that have attatchments. All of the errors I get in backup exec say
that the Information store is corrupted and it says the backup fails. This
seems to be somewhat random though, as it worked for about a week and now
failed and if it follows the same pattern will be successful again in a few
days. Is there any way to locate which email is causeing the problem if this
is the case, or could there be some other more serious problem that I am not
seeing. My event viewer isn't very much help on the situation either.

are you doing brick level backup?  I've heard that this can be the cause of
this type of thing...you should be backing up your Information Stores...

"Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> With Backup exec 8 the information store will not backup consistantly...
I've
> found that Veritas says that its because there are emails with
attatchments
> on emails that have attatchments. All of the errors I get in backup exec
say
> that the Information store is corrupted and it says the backup fails. This
> seems to be somewhat random though, as it worked for about a week and now
> failed and if it follows the same pattern will be successful again in a
few
> days. Is there any way to locate which email is causeing the problem if
this
> is the case, or could there be some other more serious problem that I am
not
> seeing. My event viewer isn't very much help on the situation either.

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/7/2004 6:31:31 PM
I am backing up the Information store, strictly thorugh backup exec.  What is
"brick level"?

"Susan" wrote:

> are you doing brick level backup?  I've heard that this can be the cause of
> this type of thing...you should be backing up your Information Stores...
>
> "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > With Backup exec 8 the information store will not backup consistantly...
> I've
> > found that Veritas says that its because there are emails with
> attatchments
> > on emails that have attatchments. All of the errors I get in backup exec
> say
> > that the Information store is corrupted and it says the backup fails. This
> > seems to be somewhat random though, as it worked for about a week and now
> > failed and if it follows the same pattern will be successful again in a
> few
> > days. Is there any way to locate which email is causeing the problem if
> this
> > is the case, or could there be some other more serious problem that I am
> not
> > seeing. My event viewer isn't very much help on the situation either.

it's a backup where you back up each individual mailbox...if you're backing
up the stores and getting these errors, I would first contact Backup
Exec...do you have any errors in your event log denoting any database
corruption?
> I am backing up the Information store, strictly thorugh backup exec.  What
is
> "brick level"?
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > are you doing brick level backup?  I've heard that this can be the cause
of
> > this type of thing...you should be backing up your Information Stores...
> >
> > "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > With Backup exec 8 the information store will not backup
consistantly...
> > I've
> > > found that Veritas says that its because there are emails with
> > attatchments
> > > on emails that have attatchments. All of the errors I get in backup
exec
> > say
> > > that the Information store is corrupted and it says the backup fails.
This
> > > seems to be somewhat random though, as it worked for about a week and
now
> > > failed and if it follows the same pattern will be successful again in
> > few
> > > days. Is there any way to locate which email is causeing the problem
if
> > this
> > > is the case, or could there be some other more serious problem that I
am
> > not
> > > seeing. My event viewer isn't very much help on the situation either.

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/7/2004 8:00:22 PM
Backup exec says that the information store is corrupt  and that I don't have
access to a file.

Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
Backup started on 10/6/2004 at 10:58:37 PM.
Access denied to database .
^ ^ ^ ^ ^
WARNING: "Mailbox Store (EMAIL)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.

How is it that Backup Exec backs up the store by mailbox instead of one big
file?

And like I mentioned it seems almost random.
"Susan" wrote:

> it's a backup where you back up each individual mailbox...if you're backing
> up the stores and getting these errors, I would first contact Backup
> Exec...do you have any errors in your event log denoting any database
> corruption?
> "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am backing up the Information store, strictly thorugh backup exec.  What
> is
> > "brick level"?
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > are you doing brick level backup?  I've heard that this can be the cause
> of
> > > this type of thing...you should be backing up your Information Stores...
> > >
> > > "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> consistantly...
> > > I've
> > > attatchments
> exec
> > > say
> This
> now
> > > few
> if
> > > this
> am
> > > not

it should not be backing up by mailbox...it sounds to me as if you are
performing mailbox level backup...but I don't use Backup Exec so I'm not
certain...

> Backup exec says that the information store is corrupt  and that I don't
have
> access to a file.
>
> Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
> Backup started on 10/6/2004 at 10:58:37 PM.
> Access denied to database .
> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
> WARNING: "Mailbox Store (EMAIL)" is a corrupt file.
> This file cannot verify.
>
> How is it that Backup Exec backs up the store by mailbox instead of one
big
> file?
>

> And like I mentioned it seems almost random.
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > it's a backup where you back up each individual mailbox...if you're
backing
> > up the stores and getting these errors, I would first contact Backup
> > Exec...do you have any errors in your event log denoting any database
> > corruption?
> > "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I am backing up the Information store, strictly thorugh backup exec.
What
> > is

> > of
Stores...

> > consistantly...
> > exec
> > This
> > now
> > if
> > am

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/7/2004 8:21:07 PM
Nope, Just backing up the "\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group"
and Backup exec only shows it as one file, likewise if i need to restore, i
can only restore the entire information store.

"Susan" wrote:

> it should not be backing up by mailbox...it sounds to me as if you are
> performing mailbox level backup...but I don't use Backup Exec so I'm not
> certain...
>
> "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Backup exec says that the information store is corrupt  and that I don't
> have
> > access to a file.
> >
> > Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
> > Backup started on 10/6/2004 at 10:58:37 PM.
> > Access denied to database .
> > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
> > WARNING: "Mailbox Store (EMAIL)" is a corrupt file.
> > This file cannot verify.
> >
> > How is it that Backup Exec backs up the store by mailbox instead of one
> big
> > file?
> >

> > And like I mentioned it seems almost random.
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > it's a backup where you back up each individual mailbox...if you're
> backing
> > > up the stores and getting these errors, I would first contact Backup
> > > Exec...do you have any errors in your event log denoting any database
> > > corruption?
> > > "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What
> > > is

> cause
> > > of
> Stores...

> > > consistantly...
> backup
> > > exec
> fails.
> > > This
> and
> > > now
> in
> problem
> > > if
> that I
> > > am
> either.

if that's the case, it does not make sense that sometimes it works and
sometimes it does not.  If a store is corrupt, it doesn't normally fix
itself...you didn't say whether or not there is anythign else in the app log
indicating corruption in the store...

> Nope, Just backing up the "\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage
Group"
> and Backup exec only shows it as one file, likewise if i need to restore,
> can only restore the entire information store.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > it should not be backing up by mailbox...it sounds to me as if you are
> > performing mailbox level backup...but I don't use Backup Exec so I'm not
> > certain...
> >
> > "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Backup exec says that the information store is corrupt  and that I
don't
> > have
> > > access to a file.
> > >
> > > Backup Type: FULL - Database & Logs (flush committed logs)
> > > Backup started on 10/6/2004 at 10:58:37 PM.
> > > Access denied to database .
> > > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
> > > WARNING: "Mailbox Store (EMAIL)" is a corrupt file.
> > > This file cannot verify.
> > >
> > > How is it that Backup Exec backs up the store by mailbox instead of
one
> > big
> > > file?
> > >

> > > And like I mentioned it seems almost random.

> > backing
> > What

> > cause
> > Stores...

> > backup
> > fails.
> > and
> > in
> > problem
> > that I
> > either.

0
susan7353 (1225)
10/7/2004 9:32:56 PM
No there is not much else that indicates that the store is corrupted... and
that is why I thought that it would be a problem with an email, possibly
encrypted or has an attatchment on an attatchment. In Either case I have no
way to determine which email it is out of about 130 mailboxes. I have nothing
in my Event viewers exept messages that say the backup is starting and
finishing... but no errors in either application or security logs. What are
you using for backup?

"Susan" wrote:

> if that's the case, it does not make sense that sometimes it works and
> sometimes it does not.  If a store is corrupt, it doesn't normally fix
> itself...you didn't say whether or not there is anythign else in the app log
> indicating corruption in the store...
>
> "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Nope, Just backing up the "\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage
> Group"
> > and Backup exec only shows it as one file, likewise if i need to restore,
> > can only restore the entire information store.
> >
> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > it should not be backing up by mailbox...it sounds to me as if you are
> > > performing mailbox level backup...but I don't use Backup Exec so I'm not
> > > certain...
> > >
> > > "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> don't
> > > have

> one
> > > big

> > > backing
> database
> exec.
> > > What

> the
> > > cause
> > > Stores...

> message
> > > backup
> > > fails.
> week
> > > and
> again
> > > in
> > > problem
> > > that I
> > > either.

we use Tivoli...

> No there is not much else that indicates that the store is corrupted...
and
> that is why I thought that it would be a problem with an email, possibly
> encrypted or has an attatchment on an attatchment. In Either case I have
no
> way to determine which email it is out of about 130 mailboxes. I have
nothing
> in my Event viewers exept messages that say the backup is starting and
> finishing... but no errors in either application or security logs. What
are
> you using for backup?
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > if that's the case, it does not make sense that sometimes it works and
> > sometimes it does not.  If a store is corrupt, it doesn't normally fix
> > itself...you didn't say whether or not there is anythign else in the app
log
> > indicating corruption in the store...
> >
> > "Clearwater" <Clearwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Nope, Just backing up the "\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage
> > Group"
> > > and Backup exec only shows it as one file, likewise if i need to
restore,
> > > can only restore the entire information store.

> > don't

> > one

Backup
> > database
> > exec.

> > the
Information

> > message
> > week
> > again

0
susan7353 (1225)

Mailbox recover
Simple question. I have an admin that accidently deleted a user and then recreated the user with the same name and mailbox enabled it. I was asked to recover the mailbox, however I can not see the tombstoned mailbox even after running the mailbox clean up process. My question is, will I see the old mailbox if a new one is created with the same name? Was the mailbox deleted along with the user account. Have you tried the mailbox recovery center? Nue "jimmy" <changaorama@gmail.com> wrote in message news:eKCieF$QGHA.4264@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Simple question. &...

multiple journal mailboxes ex2003
Hi, I was wondering if anyone could provide any input on why you would consider having multiple journal mailboxes, in a scenario that requires journaling. The reasons I can think of are: 1. Geographic dispertion of exchange servers, seperated by slow WAN links 2. A single journal mailbox on a dedicated server not having the processing power to handle all journaled messages. Thanks, James Your WAN links would have to be saturated or you would have to have a large volume for this to be a real issue. Of course you would probably want to make sure the journaling mailbox was close to t...

Copying Emails to a folder for backup
I am trying to copy my emails from a folder in Outlook Express to a folder on my hard drive. After doing this for several folders, I got the message "Not enough memory to perform this request" There is still plenty of room on the Hard drive and the particular folder is empty. I have tried coppying just a few emails and the message is the same. Any Ideas please!! here is an idea...post your question in an email forum, not in the Dynamics GP forum. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check...

how do I correct being Unable to send e-mail?
I can send e-mails from any one of my computers with the exception of one lap-top. I can also send e-mail from my office just not while I'm at home. When I send from home I receive the following error message: Sending' reported error (0x800CCC0F): The connect to the server was interrupted. (I also use Norton 360) On Sun, 20 Dec 2009 06:58:01 -0800, canadajack56 wrote: > I can send e-mails from any one of my computers with the exception of one > lap-top. I can also send e-mail from my office just not while I'm at home. > When I send from home I receive...

user can't access mailbox
i'm running windows 2003 with exchange server 2003 (with sp2) on a network with two clustered windows 2000 ADs. i've successfully set up mailboxes and routing for all the users in my active directory except for one. when i apply the default recipient policy, everyones mail address changes however i set it, except for his. in the AD snap-in, i added his mailbox and email addresses by hand, and i can log into his mailbox through the Web Access website, but when i try to make his outlook 2000 connect to his mailbox it can't even find his user name in the global catalog. other user...

Can I Restore Single Mailbox from ntbackup (full)?
Hello-- For some reason when this user synced his Outlook 2003 with a Palm handheld device, it deleted/removed/hid? all of his calendar items out of Outlook. I created a new profile in mail, tried OWA, and they are not there. We had a full information store backup the night before, using ntbackup on a Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, with Exchange 2003 Server Standard on it. We have about 60 users that would be affected from a full Exchange database restore, so I'm wondering if there is any other way to restore this user's calendar or/and his mailbox alone? Any suggestions? T...

Mailbox enabled user
When I create a user in Active directory It does not get set up properly for Exchange. When I do the ADSI edit and do properties on the user the showinaddressbook is not setup. I have done the trouble shooting of the RUS, I have re-setup/install( x:\i386\setup domainprep) a domainprep but nothing I do seems to help. I could use soom help!!! Thank You addition to message: I think the problem maybe related to the fact that I install exchange 2003 as a test in our domain. Then I installed the production version on a new server in our domain and then had to delete the test installatio...

Timmings of Store operation
We are supermarket chain and our retail working hours are from 8.00 am in to 1.00 am (19 or 20 hrs Dialy ofcourse with Staff shifts) in Middle east we have actually altered Date & time properties by 3 hrs so that it would reflect as single day . But doing so is causing lot of issues with customers getting a bill with a time difference of 3hrs(inspite of mentioning in footer of Recipt) & we have experiencing discrepancy in zz reports between SO & HQ Is there any option in MRMS 1.3 version where we can define Morning 8.00 am to Midnight 2.00 am as single day. thanks in adv...

Encrypt but NEVER store in plain text
I have Outlook set up for signing and encryption but when I get an encrypted email I simply have to go to the mailbox and there it is. I do not like that. I do not want anyone at the computer to be able to read it. I want to be required to enter the Pass Phrase for my encryption key every single time I go to read something . Second, I do not want the data after I read it to remain ANYWHER on my system in plain text fo9rm. Is this possible? It is with True Crypt but that of course is not integrated with OUTLOOK. Am I dreaming here? "WzeroMN" <w0mn00@gmail.com> wrot...

NT Backup with Exchange 2003
I am not sure whether or not my backup is actually performing. I have selected the Exchange Server to be backup up to a file, but when I go to restore, and I catalog the file and look at the Mailbox Store it reads 'no entries found'. Is this normal? This is with Server 2000 Standard and Exchange 2003 Here is what is in the log: Backup Status Operation: Backup Active backup destination: File Media name: "Media created 7/27/2004 at 1:05 AM" Backup of "CRAZYJUMPER\Microsoft Information Store\First Storage Group" Backup set #1 on media #1 Backup descriptio...

Problem moving mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000
Hi! I'm trying to move mailbox between Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 using the MS ADUC. Everything works well - the wizard shows that move operation was successfull but after the move operation I've noticed that moved mailbox exists on source server and destination server. All mail messages are moved to the new server. On the source server the home server property (home-mdb) didn't change. I've tried to follow the XADM: How to Prevent Mail Loss When Move Mailbox Operation Is Unsuccessful. When I change the home-mdb and home-mta properties the account dissapears from the source...

Pass Parameter to stored procedure in pass thru query
How do I pass a parameter to a stored procedure in a pass thru query? I'd like to enter the parameter in a control on a form and then run the pass thru query and pass the parameter to it. I've tried this, but haven't been successful. Any ideas? Thanks. On Sun, 8 Jul 2007 18:04:26 -0500, "SAC" <sac@somewhere.com> wrote: >How do I pass a parameter to a stored procedure in a pass thru query? > >I'd like to enter the parameter in a control on a form and then run the pass >thru query and pass the parameter to it. > >I've tried this, b...

Outlook 2003 cannot open secondary mailbox
Hi, I've found Outlook 2003 cannot open secondary mailbox that is stored on Exchange 2k on other site (or domain, I don't know excactly). It can open it as primary, but some users, particulary chiefs, like to open their collegues' mailboxes that is not in office, they just add additional mailbox in Outlook profile and open it in Outlook folder tree. Of course, they've got corresponding permissions. I checked out Outlook 2002 normally opens secondary boxes if they are stored in Exchange in other site, but Outlook 2003 cannot, an error message "10056 OfficeErrorMessages"...

Recover Mailbox data
I am trying to use the Exchange Task Wizard to recover mail from a successfully mounted recovery storage group. It looks good all the way through until the final screen where I get the following error. Anyone know what to do. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskName="Recover Mailbox Data" dcName="MYCO005" buildNumber="7638" runningAs=Administrator@MYCOMPANY.LOCAL> <timespan startTime="2006-09-28 14:46:04.049" milliseconds="125" /> - <recoverMailbox> - <destinat...

remove mailbox
exchange 2007 sp2. If I remove a mailbox, does the mailbox still remain in the store for whatever time limit has been configured for deleted mailboxes? I have removed a few mailboxes, but they are not showing up under the disconnected mailbox Thanks Hello Sawyer, > exchange 2007 sp2. > > If I remove a mailbox, does the mailbox still remain in the store for > whatever time limit has been configured for deleted mailboxes? I have > removed a few mailboxes, but they are not showing up under the > disconnected mailbox > > Thanks > They sh...

How do I create a 2nd Mailbox for a User in Exchange 2000?
I would like to create a second mailbox for myself. This is because we are going to have people in our company send certain types of messages to that email account instead of my normal email account. This will effectively 'automatically sort' the messages for me. I was able to create a seperate user account and create a mailbox for it and then give myself permissions to this new mailbox. Everything worked fine. Then I wanted to disable this newly created account for security purposes since this second account was only created for the mailbox. According to the Exchange book that I h...

Store Journals
We do not poll journals back to HQ to save space/time. We have a need to allow several people to access the store journals. Is there a good and safe way to accomplish this without locking the store database or causing other issues. Will store manager do this? ...

Exchange mailbox re-indexing
We recently had a RAID controller issue with our 2003 Exchange Server and had to reinstall everything from scratch, recovered all the data from backup but have some issues with the mailboxes. The issues are: - People can't search the folder content, it always comes empty. - The reminders don't work. - Also the shared permissions don't work correctly The only way we have been able to fix this is export the mailbox using exmerge, then deleting the mailbox completely and importing it with exmerge. Obviously this is a hefty task to do in all of t...

Information Store in 2003
Hi All, I have just installed my first Exchange 2003 server and the Information Store will not start. The error in the event log is The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 0 (0x0). I checked on Technet and they stated that the Exchange Domain servers group of the child domain should be a member of the Enterprise Exchange servers group in the Parent domain. I made the change rebooted the server and the same problem. Any ideas? H Mohammed, You might also want to try running setup /domainprep in your child domain then creating the Rec...

Backup to a CD
How can I get money to do a backup to a CD ? I have Money 2004. Thanks CMM In microsoft.public.money, Chuck wrote: >How can I get money to do a backup to a CD ? I have Money >2004. Thanks You can back up to a hard disk, and then burn that .mbf file onto your CDR with the software that came with your drive. With Windows XP, you can back up to the "hard disk" that corresponds to your CD/R drive. Browse to the drive from "My Computer". That will put the file onto a staging area on your hard drive. Consider modifying the backup file name to incorporate the dat...

Can we Take layaway payments from store #2
Hello, I have a customer that would like to make a payment on his layaway at out other location. Can this be done? and how? -- Reynold Cycle This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_04C2_01C70A46.94719A50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Jose, Not without an add-on, which I've never seen to do this. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=...

Paying a lot of money for a formal dress that you will only wear once can be frustrating. Used clothing stores can offer an extensive selection of formal wear at affordable prices that you or your d
Paying a lot of money for a formal dress that you will only wear once can be frustrating. Used clothing stores can offer an extensive selection of formal wear at affordable prices that you or your daughter will love. http://www.shoesbootjeans.com http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Mens%20Shoes_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Womens%20Shoes_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Boots_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/Replica_Boots_1.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/newarrivals.html http://www.shoesbootjeans.com/hotproducts.html Used clothing stores are full of ite...

Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid. The note will close and your changes will not be saved.
When I close Outlook 2000 after having opened a Note for edit or read-only, I get the following error messages: "Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid." -Followed By- "The note will close and your changes will not be saved." When I researched this message, Microsoft has a KB note (KB842942) regarding Outlook 2003 and a Live Meeting Add-in. The only thing similar is that I recently ran NetMeeting for the first time on this PC - after all of my Palm stuff has bee...

Backup won't work
I am trying to backup the Exchange down to brick level and document level but it seems to have an issue with the dbaxchg2. It is telling me that there is an invalid user ID or password being submitted. I can't remember setting up an individual password or User ID. Is there such a thing? And if there is, how do I find out what it is? The other problem I have is that my backup fails to read from database DBNAME=SRS Storage. It says that I need to mount??? the database before I can do a backup.Can anyone please help me with these problems? I am using Exchange 2000 within Small Business Serv...

Attatchments will not sent
The attachments I send with e-mail in Outlook 2000 are not received by the recipient. The recipient is not provided with any indication that a file was ever attached. I can receive attachments. Any help would be appreciated? ...