Mailbox Size limit - delay in Exchange server being updated?

A user is receiving the warning email "Your mailbox is over its size
limit", saying his email mailbox size is 1,100,000 KB and the limit
before the warnings is 1,000,000 KB (numbers used for this example).
The problem is, yesterday he deleted the emails out of his mailbox that
brough him down to 950,000 KB, and today he's deleted his mailbox down
to 750,000 KB.  I guess we'll see if he gets another warning email, but
really he shouldn't have received one this morning.

Any thuoghts as to why?  He did log off his computer yesterday so I
would have thought that the mailbox changes would have updated to the
Exchange server.

Any information would be much appreciated,
thanks

0
camderek (5)
11/17/2006 7:57:07 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
378 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 4

When do you have the notification alert and store maintenance scheduled?
-- 
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

<camderek@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1163793427.624884.19190@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>A user is receiving the warning email "Your mailbox is over its size
> limit", saying his email mailbox size is 1,100,000 KB and the limit
> before the warnings is 1,000,000 KB (numbers used for this example).
> The problem is, yesterday he deleted the emails out of his mailbox that
> brough him down to 950,000 KB, and today he's deleted his mailbox down
> to 750,000 KB.  I guess we'll see if he gets another warning email, but
> really he shouldn't have received one this morning.
>
> Any thuoghts as to why?  He did log off his computer yesterday so I
> would have thought that the mailbox changes would have updated to the
> Exchange server.
>
> Any information would be much appreciated,
> thanks
> 


0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/17/2006 8:04:04 PM
It doesn't update until store maintenance is run....




<camderek@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1163793427.624884.19190@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>A user is receiving the warning email "Your mailbox is over its size
> limit", saying his email mailbox size is 1,100,000 KB and the limit
> before the warnings is 1,000,000 KB (numbers used for this example).
> The problem is, yesterday he deleted the emails out of his mailbox that
> brough him down to 950,000 KB, and today he's deleted his mailbox down
> to 750,000 KB.  I guess we'll see if he gets another warning email, but
> really he shouldn't have received one this morning.
>
> Any thuoghts as to why?  He did log off his computer yesterday so I
> would have thought that the mailbox changes would have updated to the
> Exchange server.
>
> Any information would be much appreciated,
> thanks
> 


0
betelgeuse (144)
11/17/2006 9:28:11 PM
Ed:  It runs every night at 11:00pm

Betegeuse:  Sorry, not sure exactly what that means.  Do you mean, as
in I have to run an update/maintenance procedure on the server before
the Exchange server will re-acquire the correct amount of space each
mailbox is taking up?  Or?

Thanks both for the answers and help



Betelgeuse wrote:
> It doesn't update until store maintenance is run....
>
>
>
>
> <camderek@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1163793427.624884.19190@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >A user is receiving the warning email "Your mailbox is over its size
> > limit", saying his email mailbox size is 1,100,000 KB and the limit
> > before the warnings is 1,000,000 KB (numbers used for this example).
> > The problem is, yesterday he deleted the emails out of his mailbox that
> > brough him down to 950,000 KB, and today he's deleted his mailbox down
> > to 750,000 KB.  I guess we'll see if he gets another warning email, but
> > really he shouldn't have received one this morning.
> >
> > Any thuoghts as to why?  He did log off his computer yesterday so I
> > would have thought that the mailbox changes would have updated to the
> > Exchange server.
> >
> > Any information would be much appreciated,
> > thanks
> >

0
camderek (5)
11/17/2006 9:55:22 PM
Online store maintenance is a scheduled activity; look in the store's 
properties pages.  Look at the event log to verify that it has run.
-- 
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange
"Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"

<camderek@gmail.com> wrote in message 
news:1163800522.348514.84980@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> Ed:  It runs every night at 11:00pm
>
> Betegeuse:  Sorry, not sure exactly what that means.  Do you mean, as
> in I have to run an update/maintenance procedure on the server before
> the Exchange server will re-acquire the correct amount of space each
> mailbox is taking up?  Or?
>
> Thanks both for the answers and help
>
>
>
> Betelgeuse wrote:
>> It doesn't update until store maintenance is run....
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> <camderek@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:1163793427.624884.19190@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> >A user is receiving the warning email "Your mailbox is over its size
>> > limit", saying his email mailbox size is 1,100,000 KB and the limit
>> > before the warnings is 1,000,000 KB (numbers used for this example).
>> > The problem is, yesterday he deleted the emails out of his mailbox that
>> > brough him down to 950,000 KB, and today he's deleted his mailbox down
>> > to 750,000 KB.  I guess we'll see if he gets another warning email, but
>> > really he shouldn't have received one this morning.
>> >
>> > Any thuoghts as to why?  He did log off his computer yesterday so I
>> > would have thought that the mailbox changes would have updated to the
>> > Exchange server.
>> >
>> > Any information would be much appreciated,
>> > thanks
>> >
> 


0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/17/2006 10:52:00 PM
Awesome - thanks for the response, and particularly for the extra info
that likely I should have known (definitely should have?  not sure).

The online maintenance starts from 12:00am to 4:00am, checked the Event
Log and the priv.edb Defrag completed around 2:30am or so.  So I
changed the Warning email to be sent at 5:00 am from now on - nice
margin of error and it's after the cleanup/updated info.

Thanks much for the combined help and info here :)




Ed Crowley [MVP] wrote:
> Online store maintenance is a scheduled activity; look in the store's
> properties pages.  Look at the event log to verify that it has run.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
> "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
>
> <camderek@gmail.com> wrote in message
> news:1163800522.348514.84980@m73g2000cwd.googlegroups.com...
> > Ed:  It runs every night at 11:00pm
> >
> > Betegeuse:  Sorry, not sure exactly what that means.  Do you mean, as
> > in I have to run an update/maintenance procedure on the server before
> > the Exchange server will re-acquire the correct amount of space each
> > mailbox is taking up?  Or?
> >
> > Thanks both for the answers and help
> >
> >
> >
> > Betelgeuse wrote:
> >> It doesn't update until store maintenance is run....
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >>
> >> <camderek@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >> news:1163793427.624884.19190@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >> >A user is receiving the warning email "Your mailbox is over its size
> >> > limit", saying his email mailbox size is 1,100,000 KB and the limit
> >> > before the warnings is 1,000,000 KB (numbers used for this example).
> >> > The problem is, yesterday he deleted the emails out of his mailbox that
> >> > brough him down to 950,000 KB, and today he's deleted his mailbox down
> >> > to 750,000 KB.  I guess we'll see if he gets another warning email, but
> >> > really he shouldn't have received one this morning.
> >> >
> >> > Any thuoghts as to why?  He did log off his computer yesterday so I
> >> > would have thought that the mailbox changes would have updated to the
> >> > Exchange server.
> >> >
> >> > Any information would be much appreciated,
> >> > thanks
> >> >
> >

0
camderek (5)
11/17/2006 11:41:36 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Enabling ssl on exchange server for smartphone device's
How do i enable ssl access for smart phone devices in exchange server? "Jef A" <jef.aldrich@tatumllc.com> wrote in news:uhsDsj8EHHA.1248 @TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl: > How do i enable ssl access for smart phone devices in exchange server? Best way is to use an ssl enabled front end server. Regards, -- R. Arlo Clizer FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com ...

Moving Public folder in Exchange 2003
Hi, I can see on the following page: "http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/048c8478-a2bf-4811-a6ec-d8a99719f4bf.mspx" that a PF can be moved within a PF tree using the system manager; 1- Does this actually launch a PF content move to a new location ? 2- If yes, can the new location be a new server in another administrative group ? 3- Actually what is the best way to move a PF from one admin group to another admin group, the goal is to consolidate and decommission the original servers ? Thanks, Luca. If you Rehome your Public Folder to anot...

Migrating CRM 3.0 to a New Server OS.
I’ve purchased a new Server for our CRM 3.0 application and was wondering if there was a procedure to migrate the CRM application to its new server. The OS type (W2k3) is not being changed, just upgrading to a new server platform. -- GT It depends on whether or not you are running SQL on the same server or not. If SQL is on a seperate server, the process is pretty simple. You can install CRM on the new server and use the existing dtabases on the SQL machine. You will need to update any Outlook clients though to point to the new server URL. If SQL is on the same machine, the steps a...

Excel chart size
I am trying to create a standard Excel chart size so that I can copy the charts into Powerpoint. I have tried to put each chart on its own chart sheet. However, it seems that the size of the chart varies depending on which computer is used. Is there a way to create a custom sized chart sheet? Is there another way to create a standard sized graph in Excel that can be copied into Powerpoint? I would prefer to use chart sheets since they seem support linked Excel charts better. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I am not aware of this problem, and it may have to do with the zoomin...

Menu update
Hi there, I've had a go and created a couple of additions to the menu bar using VBA. Some of the captions are based on a cell ref which contains a variable date in text form. I need to call my menu procedure when the cell contents that I have refrenced to change (a new date is entered), but I don't know how. Hope you can help DonH You would use worksheet change event code, but you would need the name of the menu and the sub-menu item to change it. Something like Const WS_RANGE As String = "H10" '<== change to suit On Error GoTo ws_exit Application...

Exchange web pages giving "unspecified error" when tryin to access
Hi, I just recently installed Exchange 2003 Standard, and everything seems to be working on the mail side (so far) while testing. But the web pages are not displaying correctly, and I really don't want to re-install after getting it all prepped. The default IIS page still displays, but I'm getting "unspecified error" displayed on the page when I try to access Exchange. In event log, I get this from MSExchangeDSAccess: Process IISIPMFD58842E-9022-4716-8A76-7C9F0A46EF36 -T 20 -AP "EXCHANGEAPPLICATIONPOOL (PID=208). The shared memory heap could not be created. And...

messages on server
Where can I find a good explanation of "leaving messages on the server"? How do I access them? How do they show up on my outlook? how do I delete them? Normally Outlook will delete the messages from your POP3 (incoming) mail server after it downloads them. With that setting enabled, the messages won't be deleted. You normally access them via Outlook which has downloaded them or via a web mail client. You can delete them from the web mail client also "ajb" <al@thebehrs.net> wrote in message news:D6A0E327-3461-4F66-8A44-CF154749E0F4@microsoft.com... >...

After form Update event
I have a form that I would like to have update the field called "PESA_timestamp" if any other field on the form is updated. (Code shown below.) It does the update just fine, but it won't let me move to the next record. It stays in Edit mode until I hit the Escape key. Also, how do I get the actual login name rather than the PC's user name? Private Sub Form_AfterUpdate() Me.PESA_timestamp = CurrentUser() & " ~ " & Date End Sub -- Thank you, cs ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters c...

I'm using about twice as many bytes of memory as the size of the file
Hi! I received this text marked with * below as an answer on a mail for several days ago when I used method CompressFile_1 for compressing file that is located at the bottom. *This will only work with text files, and you may even lose some information after going through the StreamReader and then the StreamWriter in case the file has some characters that don't fit into the default encoding that you are using. And besides, you read the whole file into memory before writing the compressed file. In fact, since the string is stored as Unicode, you are using about twice as many by...

possible to update resource without rebuild?
I need to change the logo we use on a 3 year old release. It is a real pain setting up for the build and getting the old source code. Then I have to turn around and do the same thing for the product update that came out later that year. Is the a way to run some edit utility that can replace a resource in an exe. The logo is saved as a bitmap file in the resource. I would like to update the old exe without going through the whole headache. "River Ross" <river.ross@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:YWOSd.40035$wi2.7686@newssvr11.news.prodigy.com... > I need to ...

Updating and inserting an existing xml document
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00B1_01C49404.1F4D82D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, I am new to this xml. How can I update and insert some values in = existing xml document. which parser i can use for it in dot net. Whether dot net = XmlTextWriter I can user for this or there is any other way is there ?? Thanks and Regards, Pradeep. ------=_NextPart_000_00B1_01C49404.1F4D82D0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable ...

IE closes when I want to update flash, etc. malicious content mess
internet explorer 8 closes saying malicious content message, displayed constantly occuring with simplest of updates, and other day to day destinations like myspace links/pages. rock roll <rockroll@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > internet explorer 8 closes saying malicious content message, displayed > constantly occuring with simplest of updates, and other day to day > destinations like myspace links/pages. Time to scan your machine for viruses or other malware... ...

Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Migration #3
I need some advice on a proposed move to Exchange Server 2003. My network is described below: - Domain A (NT4) Exchange Organisation A Exchange Site 1 (Exchange 5.5, Site Connectors to Sites 2 and 3, Directory Replication Connector to Site 3) Domain B (Windows 2000 Native Mode) Exchange Organisation A Exchange Site 2 (Exchange 5.5, Internet Mail Service, Site Connectors to Sites 1 and 3, Directory Replication Connector to Site 3) Domain B (Windows 2000 Native Mode) Exchange Organisation A Exchange Site 3 (Exchange 5.5, Site Connectors to Sites 1 and 2, Directory Replication Connectors to Si...

Outlook 2003 not working with Exchange 2003
I'm doing an Exchange 5.5 to 2003 migration. I installed 2003 and used the Migration Wizard to copy over a few mailboxes. So far so good. I can access the mailbox in OWA no problem. However, using Outlook 2000 didn't work at all. I get "Unable to display folder". Someone mentioned that Outlook 2000 isn't compatiable with Exchange 2003, so I upgraded Outlook to 2003. Still have the same problem. As a test, I created a new empty user account and created a mailbox. Once again, I can use OWA no problem, but Outlook has the same issues. I've tried running "o...

Office 2004 won't update
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Trying to install "Office 2004 11.5.0 Update" but get the following error: "The installer could not locate the correct version of the software required to install this update. See the Read Me file included with this installer to determine if your software meets the requirements for this update." The Read Me don't say boo... Searched around for why, but didn't find anything... "bubba@officeformac.com" wrote: > rying to install "Office 2004 11.5.0 Update" but get the ...

Reg Sql Server 2005 Full and Differential Backup
Hi I am create a full backup every day at 1am and from morning 7am onwards differential back until night 11pm (as a single file for 24 hours) next day new file. if i open and restore the backup it show like this Example ----------- FUll backup 120020 Diff at 7 am 123580 Diff at 8 am 124430 Diff at 9 am 124430 Diff at 10 am 128430 Diff at 11 am 129490 Diff at 12 pm 131430 Diff at 1 pm 131430 Diff at 2 pm 123331 (the is a great change in size) Like this upto 11pm. but in middle of the diff . backup the is a size different . and i can able to restore upto 1pm. but can...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail loa210@mail.gr , loa210@mailbox.gr , -------------------------------------------------------- 08/22/2007 Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.10 X86 08/14/2007 Adobe CS3 Master Collection MAC OSX UB D1 .DVD 08/09/2007 Digidesign Pro Tools V7.3 LE MAC OSX 05/11/2007 Altiverb 5.1 .MAC. .PPC. OSX 04/26/2007 VTC Macromedia D...

Cannot Access Reports. CRM 3.0 and SQL 2005 on Separated Servers
I have CRM 3.0 and MS SQL 2005 64 bits on separated servers. When i access the Reports in My Activities, appears: Error. Please contact the system administrator. -- Allan Machado Microsoft Certified Professional Hi Alan, Are you accessing your CRM using an IP address or name, if it's IP address, it will not work. It only works with name because IP don't work with Kerbero. If it's still not working, follow the white paper from Microsoft to check your SPN, etc... Hope this will help. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.crowecrm.com On Apr 14, 1:06 pm, Allan Macha...

Update failed to install
The following update message keeps coming up everytime i try to install this update Windows XP Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2 (KB953297) Wednesday, October 21, 2009 Automatic Updates I need some assistance on how to insatll or delete it, it tries to install everytime i clsed down the computer. Thanks I have a similar problem; Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 Security Update for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows ...

How to set the Tab size in a TextBox Control
Hi All, I have a multiline text box in which I'd like the Tab char to be 4 chars long rather than the standard 8. I've seen a few postings suggesting the use of the EM_SETTABSTOPS message but that's not exactly what I want to do (unless I don't quite understand and I'm happy for someone to explain). I don't know in advance how many tabs there will be on a line, I just want that each time the user hits the tab key, it moves the caret 4 spaces right rather than 8. Thanks for your help. JB ...

multiple Global Address Lists Exchange 2003
I have an environment with 2003 AD on 2 forests. One forest is housing user accounts and another is housing Exchange mailboxes with trusts between user and email domains. The structure is for multiple virtual companies so I need to hide all but the required GAL based on a group. As each mail enabled user has an account in both domains one for the user account and one as a mailbox resource, which user object needs to not have read access to a GAL to prevent viewing. The user on the exchange forest which owns the mailbox being used, or the user on the user forest that will actually be log...

Outlook 2003 - Exchange 2000
I am upgrading my mobile users to Outlook 2003 to get better remote performance for them. When I point the Auto Archive to the existing Outlook XP .pst file I get an error about the file being non-Unicode and that I should create a Non-Unicode personal Folder to hold the non-Unicode file. Can someone please point me in the direction of a how-to for this? I'm not sure exactly what I need to do here and why. This is the eeror I get when I try to set the Auto Archive path to the old Outlook XP archive.pst file: *Microsoft Office Outlook is running in Unicode mode against Microsoft ...

Exchange Task Wizard
Hi~ Anyone know of a way to set the default server and mailbox store presented in Exchange Task Wizard GUI - Move Mailbox ? Thanks, Itrcb4 make the one you want shown first alphabetically. this probably means creating a brand new server and information store, but it's the option you have short of writing your own tool/script for moving objects. "itrcb4" <itrcb4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C951CAEC-B2FB-4EAE-AB72-3F967365250A@microsoft.com... > Hi~ Anyone know of a way to set the default server and mailbox store > presented in Exchange T...

Mailbox not create !
This morning, my First storage group was down! Now, it is running but my recipient policy (Smtp & X.400) is not applied. So, when I create a new user account, he can join the domain but with no mail box. Do you have any advice to give me. Merci for your collaboration. Benedicte Ok! I found the solution. I did an update now on the RUS and restart the mail server. Merci tout de même. Benedicte ...

Exchange delegation issue
I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 in a Windows 2000 AD domain. Below is an issue I have run into and cannot fix. Any help would be appreciated. UserA is a delegate on UserB's calendar. UserA leaves the company and their domain account is deleted. Now if you send a meeting request to UserB you get a System Administrator email back saying UserA could not be reached because the e-mail account does not exist at the organization. Any ideas? Thanks When you remove a user, it does not remove the delegate listed in Outlook. Go into UserB's Outlook, Delegates, and remove ...