Mailbox Rights #8

I am trying to apply read only rights to a shared mailbox and it does not
work. According to Technet Article it should work. I checked other resources
and confirmed that it does not work. Exchange 2003 SP1, Windows 2003
Standard Edition, Outlook 2003 SP2.
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/a7de9bbd-54b5-45b7-8421-b32dad648654.mspx
If I grant Full permission to Mailbox it works. If I grant permission from
the mailbox itself or using PFDAVAdmin tool, I can grant the Read only
permission but then a user can not open shared mailbox profile. The user has
to add the shared mailbox to own Outlook profile. I am using seperate
mailbox profiles. Public folder is not an option for me as the mailbox has
lots of folders already created and I have atleast 30 mailboxes. Moreover if
I grant access from Outlook/mailbox itself and add shared mailbox to users
own Outlook Profile, I am having difficulty to send Sent items to Shared
Mailbox. It jsut goes to the owner of the profile. Now what I am trying to
do
My initial goal is to Share a mailbox from Exchange Sysstems Manager give
the ReadOnly (I know if I give Full Permission it works) rights as it's
mentioned in Technet article that I linked here ReadOnly Access open that
mailbox by adding a separate profile and let user work on it. User should be
able to move items to different folders but can not delete it. This does not
work currently.

Work Around
Give users limited rights to mailbox from Outlook or PFDAVAdmin tool and add
the mailbox to Users Own Outlook but when user replies to a mail it should
go to Shared Mailbox\Sent Items and not the users own mailbox. There is a
registry key to alter for Deleted items but not for Sent Items.

Can someone help me with this.

Sandeep Thakker

0
sthakker (9)

search for right
Hi all, I wonder if there's any possibility to do the following without rearranging my tables: I'd like to look up an order number in a table, and get the price from two coloumns _left_ So the order number is in C3 and I'd like to get the value in A3 and so on. Vlookup does only to right... Please advise, Thanks, Marton =INDEX(A1:A100,MATCH(ord_num,C1:C100,0)) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "VilMarci" <dontsend@here.com> wrote in message news:eHlKiP6VFHA.3764@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I wonder if...

Default mailbox rights #2
Hello, Is there an MS white paper that shows the specific default special permissions found in AD Users and Computers - Exchange Advanced - Mailbox Rights? Thank you, JVM Try these two articles: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328229/en-us http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3ADPerm/cc98c853-7bd2-47bc-b88f-36163f1306f1.mspx Nue "J Meyer" <JMeyer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:890E6D32-C501-45E2-BD57-6E036DD8D3CC@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is there an MS white paper that shows the specific default special > p...

mailbox not responding
Have a user returning from sick leave with >6,000 emails. When logging on to mailbox using Outlook 2000, it is unresponsive and displays following message: "Rules in Error", "Rule:Server-Requested Client Action", "Error: MoveCopy, Unable to create dest. msg." HELP!!! Disregard. Client just busy processing rules on incoming messages. Working now. >-----Original Message----- >Have a user returning from sick leave with >6,000 emails. >When logging on to mailbox using Outlook 2000, it is >unresponsive and displays following message: "Rul...

Purge deleted items from shared mailbox
How can I purge the folder "deleted items" from a shared mailbox? The RM menu item is greyed out. Environment: Outlook 2003/Exchange 2003. What permission do you have on the deleted folder? can you delete them if you open the folder and select all, Del? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook &...

How to Clear or Reconcile without right-click
How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected transactcion without going through the tedium of right- clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? Thanks CTRL-SHIFT-M "MoneyUser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a72401c41db7$b7003000$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected > transactcion without going through the tedium of right- > clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? > > Thanks In microsoft.public.money, MoneyUser wrote: >How does one Cl...

Receive a warning on mailbox acces
Hello everybody, i'm looking for a trigger that send me a warning/alert (or excute a process) whenever someone tries to access a single mailbox on my exchange 2000. Could you suggest me something ? Thanks in advance. On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:59:50 +0100, "ciccio72" <nomail@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hello everybody, >i'm looking for a trigger that send me a warning/alert (or excute a process) >whenever someone tries to access a single mailbox on my exchange 2000. >Could you suggest me something ? >Thanks in advance. > Use something quick and free like LogA...

Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes
Hi, I have setup Exchange 2007 Resource Mailboxes as I have a number of meeting rooms that all users should be able to book. I have since found that if user a) books a meeting and user b) attempts to delete it - he/she can. I don't seem to be able to prevent them, and would appreciate some help. Regards Nick ...

Ex2k7 Mailbox move error..
I used the command shell to move my mailbox from one MB server to another, same site/org/ip subnet, etc. It seemed to be taking an awful long time and i wasn't seeing any progress. Finally i gave up and ctrl+break'd out of the shell. Now i can't open my mailbox at all. If i try using OWA i get this error: "Log in failed because the mailbox you tried to access is being moved. The mailbox cannot be accessed until this operation is complete. Please wait and try again later." If i try using standard Outlook i get this error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office O...

defrag users mailbox in ex2k3 enterprise
Can anyone tell me of a better way to do clean up mailbox space on an exchange 2003 enterprise then doing an offline defragmentation. I ran it but it did not reduce the size down as it should have. Is there a way to copy your users to a different store or something to that affect. Thanks On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 10:16:55 -0500, "Mark" <rmwatrich@hotmail.com> wrote: >Can anyone tell me of a better way to do clean up mailbox space on an >exchange 2003 enterprise then doing an offline defragmentation. I ran it >but it did not reduce the size down as it should hav...

How can I transfer emails in a Mailbox folder to a USB device?
I have a large number of emails saved in a folder in my Mail box. Some of the emails have files attached, and some do not. I want to save all the emails (including the attachments) to a USB device. You cannot, assuming you are referring to Outlook you can only copy the data file in its entirety, which can then only be accessed within Outlook. You could save the emails as eml files and save the attachments seperately "Harrinton" <Harrinton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F90EC062-4359-42E9-96FD-F88EA6536F09@microsoft.com... > I have a large numb...

internet explorer 8, window visa
i put 8 on my computer,lot site would not repond,could not close them out.....dont like 8. i wont install again, on my computer. dont like w visa........................going to buy window 7...............................hope it work better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

No Sponsoring - We Advertise
No Sponsoring - We Advertise - You Get $8,100 or else we continue to Advertise! Welcome to DollarsBlaster.com! You are invited to join one of the most rewarding financial ventures - online! There is nothing complicated to learn! The entire process is based on two ONE-TIME payments of $9 and a one time hosting fee of $7. But, as you'll learn very quickly, the revenue returned to you can range anywhere, up to $8,100, and above! Are you sick and tired of Sponsoring and Advertising? <O:P></O:P> Join us and we will keep advertising for you until we blast $8,100 in your Pa...

=?Utf-8?Q?BankMLM*_$50_pelo_cadastro_+_$2_?= =?Utf-8?Q?por_indicado_at=C3=A9_10_n=C3=ADveis?=
BankMLM* $50 pelo cadastro + $2 por indicado até 10 níveis Comments Bankmlm.com Olá Pessoal, Em pré-lançamento, novíssimo programa de banco online voltado para quem trabalha com marketing multinível (ou seja, a maioria dos negócios de Internet). http://www.bankmlm.com/gandagrana A empresa está preparada para ser o primeiro e único sistema de pagamentos online designado exclusivamente para participantes da indústria de marketing multinível! E não é só isso: Ela irá investir mais de 770 milhões de dól...

Upgrade 6.0->7.5->8.0 with PA
I am conducting a test upgrade from 6.0 to 8.0 through 7.5 with Project Accounting on a test server. The PA conversion to 7.5 took about 11 hours which is manageable but the conversion to 8.0 has already taken 3 days! and is still running. It has spent most of the time on one particular task and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if there is any way to improve the situation. All I can see from SQL Profiler is that the auto-procedure zDP_RM00401SS_1 is being called for each row of that table in turn sometimes many times for the same row. There are about 28000 rows and I&...

Purging mailbox data
We have recently hired a software trainer, and one of her first duties will be training users on Outlook. I have set up 8 student accounts/mailboxes/home folders etc. She will have around 20 - 30 minutes between classes to purge the classroom data for the next class. Are there any clever ideas out there for a quick, preferably automated way to purge the student mailboxes of all Exchange server side data (messages, appointments, rules, server side settings, etc?) Um - how about having all mailboxes in a single store, then dismounting the store and deleted the .edb and .stm files? That woul...

=?Utf-8?Q?How_to_create_xml_file_from_xsd_?= =?Utf-8?Q?schema_and_xpath=C2=B4s_in_a.NET_webs?= =?Utf-8?Q?er?=
Hi, I want to create a .NET webservice which creates a xml file. I have the .xsd schema file and a document mapping xpath's to my db fields. I suppose I do something like first create the xml file from the schema file, then fill the xml file with values from database using the xpaths? Or how to do this? Sorry, I´m a newbe in xml files.. Siri wrote: > I want to create a .NET webservice which creates a xml file. I have the .xsd > schema file and a document mapping xpath's to my db fields. > > I suppose I do something like first create the xml file from the ...

Import-Mailbox
Hello, Is there any known issue using the import-mailbox cmdlet on Outlook 2003 PST files on an Exchange 2007 server ? The command runs fine, the XML log file shows no error at all, but nothing appears in the target mailbox. In the meantime, I have no problem at all importing Outlook 2007 PST files. Thanks in advance. Christian I found many had this same issue as described in this forum: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/exchangesvrdeploy/thread/cf 7fa77d-05ca-4348-94fe-9160854300d3/ They resolved this using Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2007 Ser...

Mailbox manager cleanup agent skips mailboxes?
Hi, I have a pretty simple setup, a single Exchange 2003 server, single domain, only one Mailbox policy, it runs the Mailbox manager every Sunday, cleans up items in Sent Items, SPAM, and the Deleted Items folders based on age. It has run for a while now, generates a report to me, and a note to the users. Every week it cleans up about 400MB worth of messages. Lately, I received calls from a few users whose mailboxes went over the size limit, and when I look at the report, I find it didn't run the cleanup agent on that mailbox. I don't see it documented anywhere, but now it's a chic...

::: More than 8 seconds on space bar = Cursor blocked ! Please HELP !
Hello, I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. How can I go back to a normal situation ? And free my cursor! Many thanks in advance for your help. Jacques try touching the f8 key -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com <infojacques@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1178563983.482171.224070@p77g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hello, > > I press more than 8 seconds on the space bar. Now my cursor is > blocked. Like if I wanted to select many cells. > > How can I go back to a no...

How to tell if a mailbox has an Autoforwarding rule enabled?
I was wondering if there is a way to centrally see if users have or not enable Autoforwarding rules on the mailbox. The idea is to avoid looping issues and autoforwarding to all users in the Org. And just want to know if i can report or search for an attribute somewhere that could tell me if autoforwarding is enabled or not. Thanks a lot in advance for your help! Martin H. ...

Auto copy emails btw 2 mailboxs
Hi All, I have 2 email accts A , B. 1)What ever sent to acct A will auto copy to Inbox B. 2)What ever sent from acct A will auto copy to Sent Items Box B. How do I define this email rule in MS exchange server? Thanks & Regards, Steve 1) In AD Users and Computers, select the profile properties, go to the Exchange General tab and select Delivery Options - here you can specify mailbox B to get a copy. 2) not sure if this is possible. S. <foozhiqin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1116902957.014076.300440@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I have 2 email...

Is GP right for an ISP?
We are a rapidly growing service provider. We’ve used a variety of billing programs, but nothing we’ve tried so far seems to offer the monthly reoccurring billing we need for our clients, and the ability to keep up with Inventory. We do T1s, and almost every customer we have ends up with a router, and a number of VoIP Phones. We have to keep up with a large number of hardware items, most with a unique MAC address and serial number for warranty and provisioning. GP seems to be able to handle our inventory requirements, but can it generate monthly invoices for services, and keep up with ...

Excel Charts #8
How do I name a data point in an excel scatter graph. If I use data labels, all I get is either the x or y value. What I want is to show the name. Hi, Use Rob Bovey's XY Chart labeler to link data labels to cells. http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm Cheers Andy aghhhhh wrote: > How do I name a data point in an excel scatter graph. If I use data labels, > all I get is either the x or y value. What I want is to show the name. > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

How can I prevent Mailbox Creation on a specific Exch 2003 server?
We've got 2 Exch 2003 servers and we've just finished moving all our mailboxes to one server. We'd like to prevent any of the admins from being able to create mailboxes on the old server. Is there a setting somewhere to prevent this? -- Sandy Wood Orange County District Attorney On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:55:02 -0700, "Sandy Wood" <sandy.wood@nospam.com> wrote: >We've got 2 Exch 2003 servers and we've just finished moving all our >mailboxes to one server. We'd like to prevent any of the admins from being >able to create mailboxes on the old s...

Exchange 2000 mailbox manager report
Recipient Policy monitors messages above 20M Malbox Manager report shows incorrect size of messages that would be moved or deleted Folder /Drafts Contents: 3 Items (9,00 KB Folder /Drafts Contents: 3 Items (9,00 KB Folder /Drafts Done: 0 Items Processed, 3 Items Would Be Moved or Deleted (2097921 KB ..... Mailbox xxx@xxx.net Contents (before processing): 1486 Items (68,87 MB Mailbox xxx@xxx.net Done: 7 Folders Processed, 1230 Items Would Be Moved Or Deleted (315206 KB How to correct this problem ? Is it only report problem or incorrect calculation It does look like it is off for the size...