Mailbox Rights #4

On Exchange 5.5, I can log in to any user's mailbox using an account
with the "Service Account Admin." permission.  On Exchange 2003, what
permissions do I need on a mailbox in order to do the same thing?

When I use that same Service Account Admin. account (my Exchange 2003
joined my Exchange 5.5 site) to log in to a user's mailbox, I get an
error in Outlook that I am unable to open the folders and Outlook quits.

Thank you.
0
Daitauha

Hello,

This KB article will help you out:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];821897

Hope that helps,
Russ Maxwell

"Daitauha" <daitauha%remove%@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On Exchange 5.5, I can log in to any user's mailbox using an account with
> the "Service Account Admin." permission.  On Exchange 2003, what
> permissions do I need on a mailbox in order to do the same thing?
>
> When I use that same Service Account Admin. account (my Exchange 2003
> joined my Exchange 5.5 site) to log in to a user's mailbox, I get an error
> in Outlook that I am unable to open the folders and Outlook quits.
>
> Thank you.

0
russmax (10)

Mailbox storage limit
Hi everyone, We are currently using Exchange 5.5 and some of our clients get a message everyday saying. "You have exceeded your storage limit". our storage limit to issue warning is 80000 and this guys are way below the limit, this happens on and off. And they are using the information store defaults. Any ideas please. Thanks. Sorry for asking this, but are you REALLY sure that they are bellow the limit? Can you check by right clicking their maiboxes > Properties > Folder size? -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo "richard"...

Money 4.0 backup file to Money 2004
I can't seem to get the old backup file to convert to Money 2004... it keeps telling me that it was created by an incompatible version. Does anyone know of a workaround? Should I see about getting an intermediate version and working from that? Thanks for any help! Gord --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.687 / Virus Database: 448 - Release Date: 16/05/2004 In microsoft.public.money, Gord Spence wrote: >I can't seem to get the old backup file to convert to Money 2004... it keeps >telling me th...

Server side rule for all mailboxes
Hi, small info for Exchange 2003 Ent.Edt. admin. Can we create somehow, general server side rule, that will apply for all mailboxes in Exchange system. Can be on some Storage Group, Exchange level or whatever. We found some third party stuff and it works OK (http://www.mapilab.com/exchange/rules), but is there some "standard" Exchange 2003 capability for doing such a thing. Is there some API or something easy for this capability? We just have to redirect some mail message for all users to one folder in their mailbox. Regards, RM No native feature/tool. Perhaps write ...

Changing account associated with mailbox?
The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd sooner not have them associated with. Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconnect the mailbox, then use the cleanup agent to reconnect the mailbox to a new AD account? I'd like to be sure I'm doing it the best/right way. cheers, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net On Mon, 20 Feb 2006 20:54:34 +0000, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >The ADC has associated a couple of mailboxes with accounts that I'd >sooner not have them associated with. > >Am I right in thinking I can delete/disconne...

Spell Check option for crm 4.0
Hi Could you guys share your thoughts on what are the different options available for spell checking in CRM 4.0 Thank You Kind Regards Get a spellchecker for your browser. http://www.ie7pro.com/ includes spell checking amongst lots of other great features. Other addins for IE exist for this too, most produce red-squiggle underlining similar to MS Word. Make sure they have dictionaries to support your language and region (eg UK vs US English) Adam On 02/06/2010 15:16, ~Jij wrote: > Hi > Could you guys share your thoughts on what are the different options > available for spell ...

CRM 4 cannot activate Language pack activation after upgrade
Hi folks!! I have an important migration to work on, basically driven because of the need of the language pack, but after upgrading from 3 to 4, I cannot activate the language pack. They install without error, but no way to activate them. I am almosr certain it may be related to the fact that many of the different entities may have found themsleves modified and some "default" field removed (as some other post mentionned), but just in case, I am posting this request for help. I am goign to embark in trying to work around this by doing (in lab of course) many steps to see if it will...

OMA
Hello all, First off thankyou to anyone who answers this post. I've enabled OMA on my Enterprise E2k3sp1 server running W2k3 standard.When i access servername.domain.com/oma i get a logon prompt. I type in domain\user and the password and the next page i get is . "Outlook(R) Mobile Access is supported only on Microsoft(R) Exchange Server 2003. Currently your mailbox is stored on an older version of Exchange server. Please contact your system administrator for additional assistance." This same server is also running OWA with FBA without any issues. I'm certain this server ...

Mailbox permssions from one storage group to another
I have two storage groups, each with one mailbox store. The first storage group contains a public folder store. All of the permissions for the users in the first storage appear to be correct and functioning normally. Everyone in the second storage group looks to have much different inherited mailbox permissions that don't look to be correct. Almost all of the groups including administrator, enterprise admin, exchange domain server have inherited allow AND deny for full mailbox access. Is this correct? I doesn't seem right to me... Where do you change what inherited rights are aqu...

problem installing CRM 4
Hi all, I have a problem installing CRM 4. After installing the VC++ runtime library I click Next and then this error appears and drops the instalation. Did anyone meet the same error. The type initializer for 'Microsoft.CRM.LocatorService' threw an exception The type initializer for 'Microsoft.CRM.ServerLocatorService' threw an exception Input string was not in the correct form. can you see the log file on this <systemdrive>:\Documents and Settings\<User>\Application Data\Microsoft \MSCRM\Logs\ -- Regards, MS CRM Certified Professional http://microsof...

How to change the right-click pop-up menu in CHtmlView?
Hi, I use MFC in VC6.0. When users click the right button of the mouse in CHTMLView, the default menu pup-up. Is there a way to change the pop-up to my own defined menu? Sorry for cross posting, for I don't know the right group. Thank you, Kelvin "Kelvin" <Kelvin_gl@yahoo.com.cn> wrote in message news:uacCpSGcEHA.3988@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl > I use MFC in VC6.0. When users click the right button of the mouse in > CHTMLView, the > default menu pup-up. Is there a way to change the pop-up to my own > defined menu? See KB Article KB236312 "HOWTO: Disable t...

How do I convert pounds to stones eg 200 pounds is 14 stone 4 lb
I have a table of weights, in pounds. How do I convert them to stones and pounds in excel. I dont want to say 14.5 stomes, I want to say 14 stones 7 pounds. Thanks Hi, With pounds in a1 try this =INT(A1/14) & " Stones " & MOD(A1,14)&" Pounds" Mike "J" wrote: > I have a table of weights, in pounds. How do I convert them to stones and > pounds in excel. I dont want to say 14.5 stomes, I want to say 14 stones 7 > pounds. > Thanks Try this: =TRUNC(A1/14) & " STONES " & ROUND(SUM(11/14,-TRUNC(11/...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

How to recreate blank mailbox stores?
We've got ourselves into a mess, our server has crashed and whilst it has restarted the mailbox stores have refused to mount. We've tried the obvious things and regrettably concluded that we would need to go back to back up. Unfortunately our backup hasn't been working properly for a couple of weeks now and our local support guy is on holiday We don't store much e-mail on the server anyway. Time is of the essence and our guys need to be able to receive e-mails before the day is out. I've decided that I am prepared to sacrifice the existing data if necessary. Would it ...

CRM 4: Quotedetail prices won't be synchronized
Hello, i have an problem synchronizing some data from the outlook client to the server. Situation: I use the oulook laptop client in offline mode. I create a new quote. From within the quote i am calling a application via a navigation bar link. From within this application i add a new manual quotedetail (write-in product) to the quote (it is saved allready) and set a price (all via the CRM WebServices) After this i can see the quotedetail in the write-in products list. Then in outlook i go online. After the sync is done, at the server i can see the new generated quote and also the added...

Accessing Mailbox
I have a client who is trying to access another mailbox. He has an account in domain A and one is domain B. The user domains do not trust each other, but the Exchange Server domains do. I had this similar issue a little while ago, and created an lmhosts file and multiple Outlook profiles so that Outlook will prompt for login information when accessing the othter mailbox. Since then, we have upgraded to Win2K and Office 2000- in this case we are using Outlook 2000. I can't get Outlook to prompt for the login information- I just get an error saying "You do not have permission t...

Right click to create new file with Excel 97
We use Excel 97 at our office on Windows XP Professional. A couple of users want to be able to create new files by using new from the right click menu and selecting Microsoft Excel Worksheet. The creation of the file works fine in that the filename is filename.xls. When they open the file and add information and then try to save the file, Excel wants to save as tab delimited. Creating a file by opening Excel first works just fine. We have tried this on several computers and the results are the same. For convenience is there some way to change this behavior? ...

one domain
We have one domain (xyz.com) split over 4 sites. One site has an exchange 2000 server and the others use a traditional POP3 server. All sites download from an external POP3 server (1 mailbox per site). All sites use messagelabs as a smarthost. My problem is that the Exchange server wants to take full responsibility for the doman (xyz.com) so people in the exchange site cannot send emails to staff in the other three sites. The Exchange just reports that the user doesn't exist. Any suggestions? Thanks Interesting setup, that... And I'm not sure I can help but, for all intents an...

4 different axis in chart ?
Hello, for a particular analysis I would like to use all 4 axis with different label. Is that feasable, and if so, how can I tackle the task? Thank you in advance! Kind regards, H.G. Lamy H.G. Lamy - For an example of an XY (Scatter) chart with four axes titles, browse to www.MikeMiddleton.com, and download the "MultipleAxesScientificChart" workbook. It was created using Excel 2003 SP3. For chart-related questions, I suggest microsoft.public.excel.charting, and be sure to mention your version of Excel. - Mike http://www.MikeMiddleton.com &...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #4
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...

filter #4
does anyone know of a program that attaches to Outlook Express that will allow me to select which recipients will receive the attachments and which ones will receive the email body text only? Chuck wrote: > does anyone know of a program that attaches to Outlook Express This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003/2007 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.outlookexpress.general (for OE 6), or an OE help website such a...

reconstruct mailboxes messages from logs
Hi all, I made a very hard maintenance ( eseutil / p) over a corrupted exchange db. Db repaired is now fully functional but a lot of mails ( especially from a single mailbox) were lost. Last backup is old because it was impossible doing backup before repairing. My question is about the possibility to recover mail from logs. I know the chance to do a dialtone backup, but I'm not so sure if applicable and I would prefere other utilities like eseutil /cc. Is there any guide explaining eseutil utilization?? Any other ideas?? Thanks -- Ceceme On Wed, 24 May 2006 00:31:02 -0700, ...

Change Mailbox Primary Account
Here is my case: One Windows 2003 Active Directory forest (domain.net) which has two subdomains: WEST and EAST. WEST.domain.net has Exchange 2003 installed and is providing mail service. EAST.domain.net is new created subdomain; domain AD scheme had been updated with Exchange extensions. User John Smith has account (jsmith@west.domain.net) and mailbox (jsmith@domain.net) in WEST.domain.net; John Smith also has account (jsmith@east.domain.net). My question is how to set jsmith@east.domain.net as primary account for mailbox (jsmith@domain.net). Thanks for your help. On Tue, 20 Mar 200...

Mailbox store limits and the Warning email
Is there a way to edit the warning message send to users when they exceed the warning limit? http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx On Wed, 12 May 2004 11:46:01 -0700, "Jatchley" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to edit the warning message send to users when they exceed the warning limit? ...

Import local pst files into a mailbox automatically
Hello, I need to import pst files (which are located on a local machine) into an Exchange mailbox (which is located on the Exchange server). For testing, I used the import/export function in outlook 2000 to do it and it worked. But .. i want to perform the operation automatically , because i have a lot of users . How can i do it automatically ? Is there any solution to do it automatically ? Thank you in advance "For information i use exchange server 2003 and outlook 2000 for clients." On 19 Apr 2006 07:20:05 -0700, franck.leprette@gmail.com wrote: >Hello, > > >I ne...

Opening Excel Spreadsheet on a tab #4
Thats excellent thanks, exactly what I was looking for! Dav -- david.willi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- david.willis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1469 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26320 ...