Mailbox Resources (exchange 5.5)

I have recently noticed a large volume of 'deleted items' building within the Exchange Administrator/Mailbox Resource
Checking the actual 'deleted items' folders for each user shows nearly empty versus the folder I can see in Exchange Administration, which shows several users 'deleted items' folders over 100MB. It is Cached? How can I clean this up?

"Steve" <srosenthal@audioadvisors.com> wrote:

>I have recently noticed a large volume of 'deleted items' building within the Exchange Administrator/Mailbox Resources
>Checking the actual 'deleted items' folders for each user shows nearly empty versus the folder I can see in Exchange Administration, which shows several users 'deleted items' folders over 100MB. It is Cached? How can I clean this up?

The column you're looking at is titled "Deleted Items K", right? This
isn't the amount of mail in the mailbox's "Deleted Items" folder, its
the amount of mail that's been deleted FROM the deleted items folder,
or "hard deleted" from other folders, that's still recoverable.

You don't say what value you use in the "Deleted Item Retention"
period, but if it's a large value you'll see just what you're seeing
now.

Another possibility is that the IS Maintenance Tasks aren't running.
Check the Applications Log for an event 1221 from the IS (there are
also tasks that show the start and end of the deleted item cleanup,
but I don;t remember the id values). If these tasks don't run the
deleted items aren't removed once they pass their expiry date.

Also possible is that you've told the IS not to remove the deleted
items until a successful backup has been made. If you don't make a
"normal" ON-LINE backup those deleted items will never ber removed.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Recent Exchange 2003 issues
Hi Everyone I recently installed Exchange 2003 onto our AD domain and now have the following 2 issues When we click on the send/recieve button we get the following message ' Task Microsoft Exchange Server reported error (0x80040107): could not open the item. try again' Also we have setup all Outlook users to point to the new server, then someone will say that they haven't recieved any e-mails for a while and i have to delete their account off of Outlook then add them in again, then all their mail appears, its a bit strange!! Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks ...

Audit mailboxes on exchange 2003
Hi guys, I need to grant a permission to a user to monitor few mailboxes. When I add a user through advanced exchange tab and give him read perm. then connect remote mailbox in Outlook 2003 and click on the mailbox - it tells me - unable to expand the folder. If I assign full acess to the mailbox to a user then I'm able to open and view e-mails etc. But I dont want a user to remove read/unread flags or be able to delete anything from the mailbox that he's monitoring. I needs to be on the background w/o users knowing it. How do I correctly do it? Is there any :snoopers: that ...

CDialog #5
Hi, I have a method calling to my dialog. I'm calling to this method to show mt dialog is in the start ( InitInstance()) and in the OnCheckNow() option from the menu. I want to display only one performance of this dialog. I set CListViewDlg dlg as global var, then in the method that create my dialog: dlg.DestroyWindow();//????? int nResponse = dlg.DoModal(); It's correct to DestroyWindow anyway?? it's working to me..but is it a correct way to do this? Thanking you in anticipation!!! "Yael" <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC2018F-1C48...

Getting Mailbox Sizes in 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Working on an Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration. Is there any easy way to = get a list of mailboxes with their sizes from the Exchange 5.5 = directory? I know I can use System Admin to see each server and then = export the list, but is there a way to this, maybe with a script so I = don't have to export the list from each server separately? Thanks. Jerry ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Co...

1018 error while taking bkp in exchange 5.5
We have transfered all the mails to local pst file. I don't have onlne backup to restore to eliminate 1018 error.Offline bakup what I have is one month old, will it resolve the problem if I restore that. I have only option to run eseutil /p (hard repair) on database. what will be the implication on site. Kidly suggest. >-----Original Message----- >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;812531 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;314917 >http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;151789 >Basically you have to restor...

Help #5
Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each period (month) by counterparty. If the sum is positive it is an AR, If negative an AP. Anyone know a quick way to do this? Period Counterpart P/L AR AP Jul-05 Coke 5000 Jul-05 Coke 10000 In D2 =IF(C2>0,"AR",) In E2 =IF(C2>0,"AP",) Then highlight D2 to E3 and hit control d "Tim T via OfficeKB.com" wrote: > > Below is what I have on a spreadsheet. I need sum up the P&L values for each > period (month) by count...

VPN, Exchange Server, Palm hotsync
My Toshiba 3500 was successfully synchronizing Outlook over a VPN to my Exchange Server until I installed the Palm Pilot m505 synchronization software. After this, I could not connect over the VPN to synchronize Outlook. This was a problem that showed up in Outlook, not in the Palm software itself. However, the problem started when I installed the Palm software and stopped when I removed it. Any idea what the heck is going on? John Have you checked with the Palm support forums or online help? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. D...

Exchange GAL in CRM
Is there an easy way to import the Exchnge Gal into CRM Contacts? ...

Outlook trying to connect to the wrong Exchange
I have some user's in my network that are traveling to remote offices. The network is setup with Windows 2003 AD with two sites: head office (Office 1) with 2 DC’s and remote location (Office 2) with another 2 DC’s. Also, Exchange 2003 is setup with 2 sites, one in head office (Exch1) and one in the remote office (Exch2). The users have their mailboxes setup accordingly with their office location (ex: user working in Office 1 has his mailbox setup in Exch 1). The offices are connected with VPN links. When a user is traveling from the head office (Office 1) to the remote office (Off...

Exchange to capture pop3 outgoing mail
it is possible to capture all outgoing emails on Exchange if the client is using pop3. it is very important that I’m able to capture a copy of all outgoing email. So I would set outlook to use the exchange server as the outgoing smtp server. Thanks, Steve Louie On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:21:05 -0700, Steve Louie <SteveLouie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >it is possible to capture all outgoing emails on Exchange if the client is >using pop3. it is very important that I�m able to capture a copy of all >outgoing email. So I would set outlook to use the exchange serve...

Outlook isn't connected to exchange server
We can't get outlook connected to our exchange server. We have down the servers, internet is working fine. Error#OX800401ID, Any suggestions? ...

Setting up OWA with Windows Certificate
Hi everyone, I need to configure my OWA to make use of a certificate generated by a Windows 2003 server for an Exchnage 2003 server. I know how to do this using third party (Verisign) certs but I need to find a free solution. If you could point me to the correct documentation it would be very much appreciated. Many thanks, Jose One of your options would be to use your own Certificate Authority. You can install this from the Win2k3 Server CD. With that you can generate your own certificate just like verisign. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers...

Weird exchange service account problems
Scenario: I attempted to install Brightstor Arcserve backup agent using the arcserve software. I got an error saying it was unable to finalize the account. I manually deleted the dbagent account several times in an attempt to troubleshoot the problem. Now my exchange server is screwed up. Sypmtoms: Logged on as Administrator (Exchange Service Account...I know this should be a seperate user, will rectify that when this is fixed) I am seeing problems with permissions inside of the Exchange Server Administrator program. When I click on Connections->Internet Mail Service connector I get t...

old Exchange Server remains site folder server
Hello, I am trying to replace an old exchange 2000 server with a new 2003 server. I have moved all the mailboxes, public folders and system folders as per the KB article regarding 'removing the first exchange 2000 server in a site.' However, the old Exchange 2000 server is still showing up as the site folder server in AD. I have not uninstalled Exchange from the old server yet - will the site folder server role be automatically reassigned at that time or will I have to manually edit the AD with ADSI Edit and put the DN of my new Exchange server in there to change this role? Also, am ...

***Delete UNREAD email >90 Days (Exchange 2003)
I'm trying to delete all UNREAD emails older then 90 Days. Recipient Policy will only let me select the date but there isn't a selection for UNREAD emails. Exchange 5.5 Cleanup Agent (I think that's what it was called) had a check box for UNREAD emails. Is there way to do this in Exchange 2003, or is there 3rd party app that will do this? Boy I miss Exchange 5.5!!! James jdduong@comcast.net when you create a recipient policy (mailbox-managed), you can set the age in days (i.e. 90 days) and size in KB for all items in the selected folder for which the policy applies t...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

SBS/Exchange and Blackberry Enterprise Server
Dear Newsgroup, on a Small Business Server 2003-machine with installed Blackberry Enterprise Server (and three Blackberries) I have got the following problem. Since a few days, no Blackberry is able to send E-Mails. E-Mail-receiving, Synchronizing calendar/contacts/tasks and incoming E-Mail works perfectly. I have been set the security policies of the related users, the server however "forgets" these settings within half an hour. The settings made by me are the following: 1. User x/y/z --> security, add BESAdmin, full access 2. User BESAdmin --> security, add x...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

Web access for Exchange 2003
What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? thanks, Raul Rego rrego@njpies.org On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 14:39:53 -0500, "Raul Rego" <rrego@njpies.org> wrote: >What do I have to do in order to access my Exchange 2003 via the Web? > >thanks, > >Raul Rego >rrego@njpies.org > Check that you can access the server from within the network by going to http://server/exchange and then http://server.fqdn.com/exchange If that works then simply opening TCP80 on the firewall and implementing whatever NAT or port forwarding your specific network ...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise Capabilities
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if Enterprise Exchange sitting on Enterprise Server 2003 is capable of emailing 20 million users on a daily basis? The system would be running on a dual g3 Dell server, maybe a 1750 with a couple of Gb of ram and some NAS storage as a back-end. If not, do you know Microsofts recommended solution? Any help gratefully received. Not to take away from Exchange, but you can try Ironport as a gateway device to do the mass emailings. Just don't send me spam please. They do have really good MTAs for outbound mail. They also use Exchange as the back-end. A ...

CRM and Exchange Problems
Dear All, i have a problem between CRM and exchange, my setup is as follow:- i have a single computer with Windows Server 2003 installed, Exchange 2003, and CRM 1.2, CRM is working just fine, the samething is with Exchange OWA, however, i can't get CRM to send mails throught Exchange, i've installed the Exchange E-Mail Router but with no success, is there is any kind of incompatability between CRM and Windows or Exchange 2003, is there is any guide to follow to solve this? Thanks in advance GQ ...

E-mail Account
I am able to connect to Exchange my exchange 2003 server (on server 2003 standard) using the email account "Microsoft Exchange Server". To verify that I am connected I click on "Check name" and both the server name and username are underlined. However once I open Outlook 2003 Outlook is very slow and doesn't repond very well. I try to send an e-mail and it sits in the outbox and messages that are on my exchange server in outlook web access aren't downloaded. If I try send/receive Outlook locks up and even sometime says (not responding). Outlook eventual...

Child Domain using Exchange server in Parent domain
Hello all! I'm experiencing 1 minor issue with our Exchange Server 2003 SP1 box communicating with a newly created Active Directory Child Domain (Windows 2003 AD). I am getting the following error(s) and have looked at the following Microsoft Knowledge base articles. First event log entry: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: LDAP Operations Event ID: 8270 Date: 11/6/2006 Time: 1:24:53 PM User: N/A Computer: CNMS02 Description: LDAP returned the error [20] No Such Object when importing the transaction dn: <GUID=260C2747-266D-4050-9994-2E944DEF85F1>...

Exchange / Outlook 2003 Public Folder Shared Calendar
We run an Exchange 2003 server with Outlook 2003 clients (via Citrix), on Windows 2003 Server. I have a bit of an odd problem with a public folder shared calendar I created for one of our offices. I created it in the normal way in Outlook, and applied appropriate permissions to all the users in that group. They can all see the calendar, and although they can add entries to it, they cannot see the appointments added by their colleagues - which pretty much negates the point of having it in the first place. I don't think it is an issue with the free / busy replication, as there is only one se...

Exchange Server 2003 Filter Rules
I would like to set a filter/rule on the exchange server that will check email in or out of our domain for key words in the header or message body and carbon copy the email to a public folder. I think I need a 3rd party solution if so can anybody recommend one for SBS2003 Thank you very much for your help. ...