Mailbox permissions/Security settings vanashing

I have two mail boxes in a Exchange 2000/Windows 2000 server AD environment
that are not allowing the user to access/logon. I get the MAPI_E_NO_ACCESS
error code. I check the security settings for the user and SELF is not
listed. I add it but that does not help and after awhile SELF disappears from
the security settings. I also checked under 'Exchange Advanced' - mail box
permissions, and SELF is listed there with full mail box access.

What am i overlooking, help please!
0
RobertSo (6)

Assign mailbox rights to 100s of users
How can I easily assign rights for a 100+ users at a time to a single mailbox to avoid having to individually assign them in AD? I'm using Win2003/Exchange2003 Ent. Editions "SizzleMaster" <larry@datasculpting.com> wrote: >How can I easily assign rights for a 100+ users at a time to a single >mailbox to avoid having to individually assign them in AD? assign the rights to a security group? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Mailbox full
I have a user who exceeded the size limit in her mailbox. She has cleaned it out but continues to get the message that her box is full and is closed. In Exchange her file size does not reflect that she cleaned it out. What do I do to fix this for the user? -- Kathy In news:3BFEBEB1-6FE6-478F-9FA0-ACC74DBD000B@microsoft.com, Kathy <Kathy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have a user who exceeded the size limit in her mailbox. She has > cleaned it out but continues to get the message that her box is full > and is closed. In Exchange her file size does not reflect t...

How do I set up a sporadic repeating meeting in outlook
I am trying to work out how to set up a re-occuring meeting in outlook but not one that is re-occuring weekly, monthly etc. Dates are random... Can this be done? By definition recurrences have a pattern, so you don't have one. You may set up what yours is by crating the first one, and then r-click drag and copy to the other dates of interest. Cath1505 wrote: > I am trying to work out how to set up a re-occuring meeting in outlook but > not one that is re-occuring weekly, monthly etc. Dates are random... Can > this be done? You'll need to either make...

Reading a specific set of elements from xsd
Hi there, I have an xsd file: <xsd:element name="RESULTS"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="SEARCH_CRITERIA" type="OutputType:SomeType" minOccurs="0"/> <xsd:element name="NAMES" minOccurs="0"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="NAME" minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"> <xsd:complexType> <xsd:sequence> <xsd:element name="SOME_ID" type=&q...

How set the default mode for directories
I am using Office XP on a Win XP pro SP3 based PC. When I want to insert an image from a file, Word opens the directory always in the preview mode, and in the case of directories with many pictures, this can take some moments. I must switch to the list or detail mode everytime. Even if working on the same document, if I insert a second image, Word opens the directory in preview mode. I have tried to set explorer to use details and apply to all directories, but it seems that explorer settings don't affect Word settings. Is there a way to convince my Word to use always the list...

how do i set up multiple calendars in outlook
Do I have to set up different Windows users in order to set up different accounts in Outlook? I want my kids to be able to check their e-mail but I don't necessarily need for them to have their own Windows logon. For Office 2003, create separate profiles and then create separate .pst files. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, Sharon asked: | Do I have to set up different Windows users in order to set up | diffe...

Mailboxes #4
Hi all, i just installed EXCH2003 (fresh install) to have a look!! After i create a new user with a mailbox (with AD users and computers) , i go to system manager, then in first storage group/mailbox store/mailboxes to see the mailbox BUT i don't see any the mailbox that i created, i see only system attendant mailbox and system mailbox !! Where can i see the list of mailbox that i created?? isn't suppose to be there?? thanks !! The User mailbox that you create must be logon or send message to the mailbox,after you can see mailbox in ESM "Rick" <Rick@discussions....

Mounting mailbox store causes dc's to crash
New Exchange 2003 server set up for the first time just the other day. The Mailbox Store didn't mount--errors 9546 and 9519 but what's worse is that shortly thereafter a domain controller spontaneously reboots. It shows an error in lsass Status Code 128 before it finally shuts down. One domain controller goes down for each time the store is mounted. ...

SPAM filter does not work when rule moves message to other mailbox
It seems that the Outlook 2003 SMAP filter does not work for messages that are moved to another mailbox upon arrival. I have a number of email accounts and would like each of them to receive mail in a different mailbox. To achieve this I have set up rules, moving messages to a different mailbox, depending on which account they were received by. Unfortunately it seems that the SPAM filter does not get applied to messages that get moved. I'd like the messages to first be SMAP filtered and the remaining ones moved to the appropriate mailbox. Does anybody have a solution? Thank...

Public Folders -- Unable to set permissions and replicate them to subfolders
I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 server. Any help would be appriciated. /aerogel On 10 Nov 2005 08:16:14 -0800, "aerogel" <lundholmster@gmail.com> wrote: >I'm trying to give permission to users to read and write to a public >folder. I keep getting Access Denied(logged in as Administrator) and >Invalid Window Handle. I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Win 2k3 >server. >Any help ...

Setting up tables properly
Hi I have started creating a database and realize that I haven't set it up properly. Currently I have about 10 tables in my database. In each table, I have the Student and Fields included. Some of these tables are currently "Students", "Contact information" (for emergency contacts), "Needs assessment", "General Information" (which includes address), "Courses taken". The reason for this was that I thought I had to create individual tables to reflect a report. By the way, I have already created some forms for this data...

Mailbox management policy: runs only one of three policies
Hello all, An Exchange 2003 server on a Windows 2003 server in a w2k domain environment. I have a few recipient policies defined (in System Manager -- Recipients -- Recipient Policies), each has its own priority. The Default Policy resides in the bottom of the list and has priority=Lowest. Three of the policies are Mailbox Management ones. The problem is, when the scheduled time comes, only the policy at the top of the list (priority=1) runs, but it runs three consecutive times during the time window. The other two never run, unless I move them up to the top of the list. Why does it behave ...

moving mailboxes in AD off of a crashed server
This is not a problem yet however I'm trying to plan for a disaster recovery scenario. We have 2 Exchange 2003 Standard servers running on Windows Server 2003 Standard servers (Each in separate locations) but are both are domain controllers for the same domain. What I'd like to be able to do in the case that server 1 goes down (i.e. major disaster...not something easily fixable) is move/create mailboxes on server 2 for all server 1 users. Obviously the move mailbox tool wouldn't work because server 1 wouldn't be available. There are only ~20 users that would have to be moved...

Eine zweite Mailbox im Outlook
Ich habe einen Exchange Server und habe im Outlook 2 Mailboxen. Wenn ich ein Mail an die zweite Mailbox sende und diese als Vertraulichkeit: PRIVAT deklariert habe. Dann sehe ich das ein Mail vorhanden ist kann sie aber nicht lesen. Wenn ich via OWA zugreiffe sehe ich das MAIL. Habe im AD die Berechtigungen vergeben vollständiger Postfach zugriff. The right to see Private Messages must be given additionally via Outlook. You can do so by starting Outlook with the second mailbox as the default mailbox in a separate account and then choose Tools-> Options-> tab Delegates ...

Public folder Permissions #28
Is there a way to give a service account owner access to all public folders without setting it on each individual folder. We are trying to run Email extender and it is requiering that there service account be an owner on each folder to gain the access rigths it needs. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 11:08:02 -0700, Pat <Pat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to give a service account owner access to all public folders >without setting it on each individual folder. We are trying to run Email >extender and it is requierin...

security esscential
Hi, Can I use 64 bits Security Esscential for Win7_64 in XP_64 ? thanks Bob: Security essentials doesn't support XP x64 based in information listed on the download page. I tried to install the x64 version on a test system and it doesn't install, I didn't waste time trying to install the x86 version. Reading the information can be interpreted as having XP x86 support only for use when using XP x86 on a virtual machine or in XP mode. -- Dennis Pack Win-7 Enterprise x64, Win-7 Professional x64. "bob" <bobby@yahoo.com> wrote in mes...

OWA permissions
I have two issues currently with OWA. 1. I have some users that login to OWA but are unable to reply, forward or delete any messages. These users belong to the same groups as users that are able to perform these tasks. Are there some group/user permissions that I have overlooked? 2. Is there any other solution for Outlook Web Access for organizations with multiple 2003 Exchange servers than making the primary server a front-end server? This functionality worked fine with 5.5. I have users in location B and C who can not access through OWA because my DNS MX record points to the Exchan...

SMTP Default Virtual Server loses the settings for filtering
I have an Exchange 2003 front-end back-end configuration. On the front-end server the settings for filtering on the SMTP Default Virtual Server are lost after reboot or stopping the SMTP service. Resetting the filtering and restarting the Virtual Server keeps te setings. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated. -- Thanks, Buz Yes. It is getting overwritten by ds2mb process. Evan Dodds has article on why this is happening. SSL on non-default HTTP protocol virtual servers http://blogs.technet.com/evand/archive/2004/02/25/79818.aspx James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, ...

mailbox restore #2
I have a user that permanently deleted all their messages from their inbox. Is there a way to restore from backup this persons mailbox. We use MS Backup to backup the mailbox store. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. John What Exchange version? -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "John Bobnick" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6b0f01c483b0$02f10850$a301280a@phx.gbl... >I have a user that permanently deleted all their messages > from ...

Finding Asymptotes from a set of data in Excel
Hi Can anyone help me find asymptote from a set of data in two column x and y that show the frequency responce of a say a freq. responce of a electrochem cell in Excel? Finding it from a function seem relatively easy but without a model for the data is there a method of finding two lines that meet to produce the turning point? Cheers WayneL ...

Re-associating users with mailbox
I am using Exchange 2003. I'm new to it, and have been using it about two weeks. I have accidentally deleted several users that have mailboxes. The mailboxes remained intact, but when I re-created the users in AD, new mailboxes were created as well, with the same names of course. How can I re-associate the users with their original mailboxes, most of which contain material that needs to accessed? Thanks for your time. Hi Holo20, Within Active Directory Users and Computers, identify the newly created user accounts. These accounts are going to be connected to the old mailboxes, so...

SetDefaultCharFormat fails to set default color
I am using a CRichEditView and trying to display blue characters on a black background while preserving any other colors in the RTF file. I am using the following code: CHARFORMAT2 cf2; ZeroMemory(&cf2, sizeof(cf2)); cf2.cbSize = sizeof(cf2); cf2.dwMask = CFM_COLOR; cf2.crTextColor = RGB(0, 0, 0xff); GetRichEditCtrl().SetDefaultCharFormat(cf2); GetRichEditCtrl().SetBackgroundColor(FALSE, RGB(0, 0, 0)); If the RTF file has no colors other than the default color the function works fine. If I select a part of the file and assign it a color, the above code changes the background to ...

Execute permission denied on object sp_start_job
Hello all I'm running SQL Server 2008 SP1 with Cumulative Update 6 (latest available version as per end of January). I have a few jobs that have been created by different users. I have a domain account that is assigned the the SQLAgentOperator, SQLAgentReader, and SQLAgentUser roles on msdb. That domain account is able to create a job and delete the job. But, it is unable to edit the job, all fields except View are blanked out. Moreover, it cannot start the job, error "The execute permission was denied on object sp_start_job, database msdb, schema dbo". Of course ...

How can I set up an RSVP form for external recipients
I'm trying to send an email to several people using Publisher. I would like people to be able to RSVP to an event through a link but all the links I have tried won't work. How can I make it so an email can be sent to me through a link in Publisher with information already inbedded in the email? Like a form with check marks and areas to enter a name and phone number. ...

moving mailboxes #2
we have a client running SBS 2000 where the mailboxes are on the same partition as the OS - this partition is filling up rapidly. what's the best method/safest method of moving all of the exchange storage locations to anyother drive (on the same server) thanks Using Exchange System Manager you can examine the properties of the appropriate store and move the databases using entries on the Database tab. Just type in the new destination and Exchange will stop the required services, move the store for you and re-start the services. -- Ian "Sean Moore" wrote: > we have ...