Mailbox Permissions #15

Hi!
I have front-end and back-end Exchange 2003 installed on Windows 2003. Both
of Exchange Server are member servers in the domain. I have only one Domain
Controller which is also Global Catalog.

If I create a new user in the domain who has also Exchange mailbox, this
user cannot connect to Exchange Server RPC over HTTP. I became the error
message "Invalid Bookmark".
This user is a member in the Domain Users group. Then I added the user to
Domain Admins group. After that the user could access to Exchange through RPC
over HTTP.
Sure I don't want to make the normal user a member of Domain Admins. But why
could not access normal Domain Users to Exchange if they use RPC over HTTP?
The user can access other services of Exchange such as IMAP/POP3/OWA without
any membership in the Domain Admins group.

Best Regards
0
mustafa (157)

Mailbox creation date in EX2K3
Hi All, Well in Ex55 I used to be able to view mailbox creation date relatively easily. In EX2K3, I know I can use adsiedit to view the attribute "whencreated" but is there an easier way (e.g. through ADUC)? Thanks, itrcb4 I don't think you can see when the mailbox was created, even in adsiedit, can you? that's just when the account was created, is it not? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Itrcb4" <Itrcb4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C2127CD-0DC8-49B0-AAB2-2C1EA975FBB1@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > Well in Ex55 I used to be abl...

Cannot receive attachments
I hope someone out there can help me with this one, I'm stumped and my users cannot receive attachments larger than about 1 - 2 mb from outside of their organization. About 3 weeks ago, our information store reached the 16GB limit. I archived users old mail and emptied all deleted items from their mailboxes. Ran a defrag of the database and reduced it's size to about 8GB. I also applied storage limits of 500MB per user, and attachment limits of 20MB. This was working very well, and the information store is still at 8GB. Until two days ago, a user said he was not able to receive an...

Exchange 2003
Hello! I've been wondering why there is no mailbox for the Administrator/Postmaster in Exchange 2003. Does anyone know why? Also, can the postmaster e-mail address be removed from the Administrator and given to another user? Thank you! -- Ninon Yes. you can add an SMTP address of postmaster@yourdomain.com to any account. "Ninon Chass´┐Ż" <nchasse33@NoSpamhotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23f8ZucuhEHA.3648@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > I've been wondering why there is no mailbox for the Administrator/Postmaster > in Exchange 2003. Does an...

AD Account added, mailbox not created.
..I am trying to add new user accounts to AD; I type in all the correct information, set up a password and tell AD to create a mailbox. The summary screen says that the mailbox will be created on the server and in the storage group that I indicated. The problem is that, while the AD account itself gets created right away, the Exchange mailbox doesn't get created at all. I know this because we have a Recipient Policy in place to create several different types of addresses, but no addresses appear in ADUC and the mailbox never appears in ESM. Can anyone steer me in the right direc...

Exchange 5.5 mailbox not completely removed
Hello, I am using a vbs script to delete Exchange 5.5 mailboxes. But for some strange reason, I can still see the deleted mailbox resources in the admin utility. I know I can run the DS/IS Consistency Adjuster to fix it. But all that does is add the mailbox back to it's original container. Then I have to manually delete the mailbox. Which is EXACTLY what I don't want to do. Can anyone help me? The vbs code is below. Thank you, Jason DiMeo Here is the code: 'Delete Exchange Mailbox Sub deleteMailbox(ByVal strUserName) Dim strMbDN,strPSTPath Dim objMB,objContainer,strRDN strPSTP...

SubReport Problem 11-15-07
I have a MainReport, then a SubReport1 which is in the detail section of the main report. The Main and SubReport1 are linked by CoName in the Master and Child Fields. SubReport2 is in the detail section of SubReport1, and they are linked by CoName in the Master and Child Fields. The Table these SubReports use has two types of records (specified by a yes/no field, [BType]). Values for the [BType] = Yes, is Flat Rate billing charge information. Values for the [BType] = No is for a Per Unit billing charge information. In SubReport1, I want to print only the [Btype] = Yes records. There is...

Microsoft CRM 4.0 Import Wizard issue only importing 15 top rows
Hi there, Standard CRM 4.0 import wizard is only importing 15 records at at time from the csv file. It only pick up top 15 records from the import CSV file. It does that for both account/contact import that we have attempted. I have never seen this before, any ideas or any suggestions. thanks Kyaw Hi Have you found a solution? I have the same problem. regards Michel "Kyaw Zay Ya" wrote: > Hi there, > > Standard CRM 4.0 import wizard is only importing 15 records at at time from > the csv file. It only pick up top 15 records from the import CSV file. It >...

Duplicate Mailboxes
Sorry for a simple question, but I really am puzzled. I have installed Outlook 2003 at home and I am really surprised by the following situation: On the left hand side of the screen headed 'Mail', I have 'Favorite Folders' including 'Inbox' etc. Underneath that I have 'All Mail Folders', subsection 'Personal Folders', also including 'Inbox' etc. Now when an email comes in, it goes to both Inboxes and whatever I do in the Favorite Folders (deleting etc.) is duplicated by the computer in the corresponding Personal Folder. I think this is pec...

Ex2003 M$ Mailbox Access denied
Hi we have setted up the M drive with exchange 2003. Some mailbox are accessable from explorer (login administrator) but some not and i did not find any rule or setting what to change -- Gruss Hannes www.ppedv.de Company Site It does not matter why a mailbox is accessible on the M drive. There is no reason for the drive to be visible or people accessing it. If you start changing things on the M drive you could have problems with permissions down the road. Below are 2 articles that point to just some of the problems that can be caused by modifying the M drive. 319550.KB.EN-US XADM: An...

Issue with user mailbox
We have recently upgraded from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. We have a Front end Back end configuration. At the backend we have a cluster. The issue is that after upgradation, we have created a user account and mailbox but it doesn't show up when we try configuring his mail client. Please let me know what can be the issue. Can you be more specific as to what you mean by doesn't show up. Are you getting an errorwhen Outlook is doing a check name error? See this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297801/en-us Are do you mean something else. Can you send an email to the account on...

How do i forward mail to external mailbox?
Hello, How do I forward mail internally to for a user, to an external email account. From the local address book to a hotmail account for example. I am running Exchange 2003. TIA, Gary Read the 12th postings before this one. "Forwarding Email" Thanks, Chad "Gary Hornbeck" wrote: > Hello, > How do I forward mail internally to for a user, to an external email > account. From the local address book to a hotmail account for example. I > am running Exchange 2003. > TIA, > Gary > > > ...

Mailbox Restriction Options
Hello, I know in Microsoft Exchange, you can restrict each user's mailbox by size (in Megabytes). However, our company wants to restrict each user's mailbox by date-- For example, a user can only have 30 days of email in their mailbox before it is deleted--no matter how big the message is. Can exchange do that, or is my only option to restrict the mailbox by size. Delf You might mention the version of Exchange you have. I think the mailbox manager will do what you want: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;302804 <delf.meek@gmail.com> wrote in message ...

Granting "send as" permissions
Exchange 2k3 Enterprise SP1, in an active/passive 2 server cluster on Win2k3 enterprise. In a 2k3 domain. The 2k3 domain was recently upgraded to 2k3 ... and the upgrade was completed after the Exchange 2k3 upgrade .. Anyways .. We are now unable to grant or revoke the "send as" permissions as detailed in KB 327000 (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327000). This is as opposed to the delegate "on behalf of" permission, which is working just fine and dandy. We *used* to be able to do this, but are no longer able to. The "send as" and "receive as&qu...

Exchange 2007 Mailbox Cleanup.
Hello. I want to create rules in Exchange2007 similar to those in 2003 where the system would auto delete emails based on certain policies. Where is that feature now? Those policies are now part of the Records Management. You can create customer folders and policies to deal with the times the way you choose too (journaling, retention, move, delete them, etc)... -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Dgoldman http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman Download OABInteg from here: http://gotdotnet.com/Community/UserSamples/Download.aspx?SampleGuid...

SBS 2003 deleting old users and mailboxes
Hi, I'm looking for the proper procedure to remove a user account that is not in use anymore (employee leaves the company, etc), and and e-mail account. I typically forward their e-mail to another employee for a while so that the recipients learn that a partricular e-mail address isn't valid anymore, but I likely should save the e-mail, but would like to archive it so it isn't eating up space. I typically just disable the users account and leave it there, but I feel that I should clean it up after a while. I wasn't sure if there was a wizard to do this in 2003...

Outlook 2003 Additional Mailboxes
I have added an additional mailbox to my profile in OULTOOK. When and email comes in to that account, I open the email then move it to a subfolder of the Inbox for archiving purposes. I want the opened email to remain open but minimized so that I can go back to it when I get a chance. However, in this version of OUTLOOK, it automatically closes the email when I move it over to the subfolder. It did not do this in previous versions of OUTLOOK, and it does not do this with my primary email account in this version. It only does it with the added email account. Is there a setting t...

Can this size limit message be changed: Your mailbox is over its size limit
Is there any way to change this message? If so, how? We have Exchange 5.5 and 2003 ------------------------------------------ From: System Administrator Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 2:00 PM To: <<UserName>> Subject: Your mailbox is over its size limit Importance: High Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator. Your mailbox size is 200000 KB. Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 260000 KB. You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size. To make more space available, ...

OWA permission problem for calendar
I am running Exchange 2003 SP2 on Windows 2k3 server with all of the latest patches. I am logging into OWA calendar using IE6 for user A using the account of user B. In the Outlook client for user A I have set user B to be an owner of the mailbox and the calendar folder. Here is my problem, when user B opens the calendar of user A in OWA, they have read-only permissions. They cannot created new appointment nor can they delete existing ones. Why is this? ...

Retrieve from cache exchange mailbox
Hi, Recently our exchange server is out of commission and new emails downloaded using pop stored on exchange mailbox cache on local system. Due to using restore point in XP Pro, a new user profile was create for users on this PC. How do i retrieve content from exchange cache stored locally? i believe the file ext is .ost Thanks in advance! Danny Danny Hoon wrote: > Hi, > > Recently our exchange server is out of commission and new emails > downloaded using pop stored on exchange mailbox cache on local > system. Due to using restore point in XP Pro, a new user profile wa...

trasferring mailboxes
I had a user who was having problems with her network profile. I disabled that one and gave her a new one. Now I need to know how to transfer her old mailbox to her new account. use exmerge...you created a whole new user/mailbox? "Jedi10180" <Jedi10180@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:928921B5-ACEF-4AA8-8EB7-C1DDE2C4EC52@microsoft.com... > I had a user who was having problems with her network profile. I disabled > that one and gave her a new one. Now I need to know how to transfer her old > mailbox to her new account. ...

Public Folders permissions
Hi, I have a single Public Folders store (the default). I've created several subfolders in Public Folders. I want everyone to be a Publishing Editor for certain, specific folders. For example, Group1 will have add content to Folder1 and Folder2; Group2 will have add content for only Folder2. Can I select Group1 (a global security group in AD) to be Publishing Editors for Folder1 and Folder2 instead of selecting each member of Group1 for both folders? Our company is rapidly growing, and I don't want to have to add each member to every folder they will need access to. Than...

Union Query 02-15-08
I am trying to query 5 .mdb files which have their own tables, queries, reports. Each DB table covers a product such as snack food, soda, water, milk, ice cream based on customer purchases. There are obviously duplicate customers in each table. All customers have a unique ID such as DFW123, FTW123, HOU457 etc. This ID does appear in all 5 database tables since they may buy all products. I need to get a query to provide this for each : CustomerID, StoreName, Address, City, Zip, Snack Food, Soda, Water, Milk, IC (the above would be the columns) CustomerID, StoreName, Address, City, Z...

OWA Loading...Permissions??
Have OWA running but with a glitch. The only ones that can access OWA are those with Admin rights - all other users will get the never ending "Loading..." and asked to enter username and password endlessly. Access with Admin rights can be done either internally or from an outside client - no problems at all. Have looked all over to find which permissions are missing to allow all other users to access OWA but cannot find it. Went over the majority of the reference documents listed in the newsgroups with the same type of "loading error" with not luck. Any help wou...

Move a mailbox between different administrative groups
Dear, My Exchange organization is 2003 mixed mode, 2 administrative groups, says it A and B. I want to move a user mailbox in A to B but it is only possible in native mode. Because something I still can not change to native mode so I have a plan to create a new user account with new mailbox in B and use exmerge to extract data from old user mailbox on Exchange Server in A to PST file and then merge this PST data into a newly created mailbox on another Exchange Server in destination B. I already assign Receive As and Send As permission to administrator account, then what next should I d...

Somebody else accessing exchange mailbox ?
A member of staff has reason to believe that his/her email has been accessed by another party. They insist that nobody else knows their username/password. Is it possible to log access to the mailbox, maybe by IP address for example ? any ideas much appreciated. Thanks in advance Gary D Almost impossible to do. An event 1013 is logged when someone accesses another person's mailbox but there are lots of valide reasons for a 1013. So even if you noticed it happening then it would not carry much wait. Also, if the password is secret how would they be accessing it? Checking permiss...