Mailbox name reflects previous user

I've renamed a user account to the new user taking over the position. When
addressing an email to this new user in Outlook, the autofill address shows
up as NewLastName, NewFirstName <OldUsername>, which is driving the somewhat
vain new user crazy. Therefore, it is driving ME crazy. How can I change the
displayed name in brackets so that it matches the new user name? Thanks
0
Gary1218 (1)

domain name
Does the domain name really matter, when I used NT4.0 it didn't matter but with all the extra peices with SBS do I need to be careful with what I call the domain? What is the best practice for setting up a domain name for our net work? If I have a website should I use that for the server domain name, example CompnanyName.com? I notice that the orginal install had the domain name as CompanyName.local, is this a better set up? Additionally, I do plan to use Exchange Server but not at first. Thank you for your assistance with this question. -- mjb --------------------...

Illegal characters in file names
In ALL previous versions of Word and Excel for the Mac, the slash character "/" was allowed in file names. And, as an arrogant Mac guy, I always delighted in the fact that DOS and Windows folks were not allowed to use the slash and other special characters in file names. (And, yes, I do know why.) But, my arrogance may have finally caught up with me. It appears that in Office X, I CANNOT use the slash in file names. And, I have 15 years worth of Word and Excel files (over 38,000 files) in which I've used the slash in dates (e.g., <<2003/12/18_file name >>). Now, the...

Can you create an Internal Marketing List for CRM Users?
Hi, we would like to create and internal marketing list for our CRM users. How can we do this since there is no option??? Thanks in advance Kuven if you created a contact record for each internal user then you could create a marketing list with each uers record ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Kuvenp" <Kuvenp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06447BC2-E65A-41CC-B0F8-A5DB7C7ECC91@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > we would like to create and internal marketing list for our CRM users. How...

Forward user email from exchange to another domain.
How do I forward email that arrives to an Exchange server to another domain. I tried Exchange General/Delivery Options/ Forward but it will not take an email address non-local. Example: tom@exchangeserver.com -> tom99@aol.com Thanks in advance, Ed S Fibercloud, Inc. On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 08:00:05 -0700, FastEddie <FastEddie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I forward email that arrives to an Exchange server to another domain. >I tried Exchange General/Delivery Options/ Forward but it will not take an >email address non-local. > >Example: > >tom@exchan...

BES User cannot send emails
Our CEO is unable to send emails, though he can receive them. We are using BES 4 and have another 5 users on that server, which dont seem to have this issue. Called Cingular about this and they say its not on their end. So I removed him from the BES and readded him... Would that be the right path to take? I assume his BES will reininialize and sync up again this way perhaps? Advise? are you certain the BES account has "send as" permissions on his mailbox? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Choche" <Christopher.Hoche@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1155571175.890277.13...

DST Exchange Tool : getting : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error
Hi Running the tool for users on an Exchange 5.5 server, getting a lot of users with error : 0X80004005 : Unable to find mailbox timezone error... We know that these users have logged in outlook before, but don't use OWA in this org. Can anyone help... Have several thousand users to get trough... Thanks !!! -- If you know their time zone, just copy then to mailboxes_1.txt. Add server name and time zone. Use Excel fill down function, then save it as mailboxes_1.txt, run the batch file. On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:29:44 -0500, "Thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@yahoo.com> wrote:...

how can i make a drug file names
given all the drug names to make a file with the generic and the brand names with the therapuetic classification how can you make a file out of that? You should really ask yourself what do you want to do with the file once it is made. If it is just to be able to find the brand name and classification from the generic name (or vice-versa), then you could set up a sheet with three columns - put "Generic" in A1, "Brand" in B1 and "Classification" in C1 as headings. Then, start entering your data under the appropriate column heading. Once your data is added, click ...

Listbox of File Names does not Filter in Open File Dialog
Hi, I use the CFileDialog and a file filter to open a File. Everything works fine. The file selection box in the upper side works with the given file filter. I am having one little Problem with the selection box of the FILE NAME. This selectionbox will only get active, when I enter one character in the editfield of the file name. Then there will be showed absolutly all files with this character. This box ignores the filter. I tested some programmes and found out, that only MS Office 2003 and 2007 are doing a correct job. Now I would like to ask, if this is a MS bug and if there is an easy w...

view uses mail and mailboxes
Is there a way to view all users mail and their mailbox on Exchange 2003? I know I was able to actualy look at users mail and mailboxes on exchange 2000. You have to explicity grant yourself or a Security group send as/receive as permissions. This article explains how: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821897/en-us Nue "Bracinowski" <Bracinowski@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09C4BB04-053E-4933-8C8B-C847552FAF82@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to view all users mail and their mailbox on Exchange 2003? > I > know I was able to actualy look at ...

Send email alerts to outside mailbox
We are running Exchange 2003. what do I need to do inorder for me to be able to send an alert to an outside mail account similar to Hotmail. The requirement is that : Whenever an in-house account gets a mail, there needs to be an alert message with Only the Sender information sent to outside mail like Hotmail. We do not want to forward the entire email to outside account. I am new to this and appreciate any help. ...

Retrieving messages moved to Outlook Today Mailbox
Please tell me there's a way to retrieve these messages. I'm using Outlook 98 on a Windows 2000 machine. I had two emails selected in my Inbox and click the "Move to Folder" icon to move the emails to a personal folder. The "Move Items" window popped up and I double clicked the Outlook Today - Mailbox selection to expand the menu to find my personal folder. Instead of expanding the menu, the two emails were "moved" into that folder. But is it really a folder?! I can't find the messages anywhere - I searched my hard drive and found nothin...

how do I change the default name of a column from numbers to lett.
my default used to be column a, column b etc, somehow it has been changed to column 1, column 2 etc. how do I change it back? Because of the default change it changes my formulas to sum(R[1] - C[2] etc. In EXCEL 2007 try the following:- Office Button / Excel Options (lower right hand side) / Formulas (2nd option down on left hand side) / Working with formulas (2nd option down on right hand side) / make sure that R1C1 reference style is not selected (that is, it does not have a green tick in it) If my comments have helped please hit Yes. Thanks! "mac" w...

date from sheet name
I'd like to turn a sheet name into a date. Apr28 to 4/28/10 (as a date) and Apr28-30 to Apr28-30 (as text) TIA and thanks for any ideas. Jim I'm going to first build this up piece by piece then put it all into one huge ugly formula. Key here is that the workbook must have already been saved before the CELL() function will work, until then, you get nothing out of it. For the examples, we'll assume that you have already saved the workbook, and have cells A1, A2, A3 and A4 available to test with. this gives us the full path to the referenced cell, including the...

Internal & External Email differnt mailboxes
I want to be able for a number of users have their external mail forwarded to a public folder, but still have internal email delivered to the private mailbox. Also I want their primary email address to be the external address wwhen presented to customers If I forward to public folder in delivery options it does it for both internal and external message, if I add primary address to email addresses in public folder they cannot send with their own addresss as reply address, uses the own primary I have set in email address in AD Sorry if it sounds confusing cuz it is, any pointers ap...

Rename user accounts in BULK?
Does anyone know a way to rename user accounts in bulk? I want to basically do the same thing as when you right click on a account and select "rename". I need to do this on a bunch of accounts....there has got to be an easier way than doing it manually. Any ideas? Yes, it's called scripting. :) You can use ldifde or csvde as well. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "DVDKEA" <DVDKEA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:978AD928-F4D9-4336-8A61-08E7CF87DD2F@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know a way to rename user acco...

Changing the Default Address Book for all Domain Users in Outlook
After much searching and not coming up with much, I've worked out a way of setting this centrally from login scripts - it's a bit messy though and you'll need some tools available to your users centrally. 1. Download a registry modification monitor. Run it, get a dump of the HKEY_USERS area of the registry (this is where the information is kept). I used SpyMeTools as it's free! 2. Change your default address book to the one you want to use in Outlook. In OL2003, this is done through "Tools", "Address Book", "Tools", "Options". 3. Ru...

How to change the name of a style
I have used some styles and their nme is no longer descriptive. How do I change their name? Some are styles I created and some are built-in but I am not sure which is which I use word 2003. TIA/gary You can rename custom styles using the Organizer dialog box. To open the dialog, click Tools | Templates and Add-Ins, and then click the Organizer button. Built-in styles cannot be renamed, but you can add a style name alias: In the Modify Style dialog box, just enter a comma (or whatever is the list separator character for your operating system) and type in the alias. Wh...

display number as number name
I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. Hi see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0004.html "Kamala Kannan" wrote: > I want to get the number name of the corresponding number i enter. ...

XL2007: Protection and Name Manager?
When activating worksheet protection in XL2007, will one of those checkboxes allow the Name Manager to add and delete names while the worksheet is protected? Ed Ed from AZ laid this down on his screen : > When activating worksheet protection in XL2007, will one of those > checkboxes allow the Name Manager to add and delete names while the > worksheet is protected? > > Ed No. This is locked out because defining names local to the sheet (via the UI) violates sheet protection. You may have better luck doing it programmatically by removing protection, then reapply it specifying...

Company name on appointments
How do I make the contact company name show on my appointments instead of the contact person name? Also, why doesn't the appointment allow me to enter a contact using a button on the bottom like office 2003 did? Help!!! I am really disappointed with Office 2007 Outlook at this point because it has made my job a lot harder than it used to be when it comes to setting up appointments. http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm go to Outlook Q&A. #1 under "Contacts" -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officefor...

User based mail routing in Exchange 2003
Has anyone successfully set up user based e-mail routing on a single Exchange 2003 Enterprise server? I have some ideas, but so far this has eluded me. I have tried setting up multiple SMTP connectors, turning on restriction checking, and then applying access control lists to the connector. The connectors were initially set for equal cost and using the same Virtual server as a bridgehead. At first this appeared to work, but I have a requirment that one of the SMTP connectors must use a smart host while the other uses DNS to route mail, and as testing progressed all mail was trying to use the...

Add a warning box if you remove "user" role
Business Portal security is built around "roles". There is a built-in role called "user". In Business Portal version 3.0, you can remove a user from the role called "user". However, if you do so, much of the program will automatically start to fail. Many of the queries and/or web parts do not work, even if the user is assigned other roles like "sales manager". Because of this special "user" role, the software should be changed so that if someone tries to remove a user from this "user" role, a warning/message box shoul...

User to select a range for deletion
I would like in to include in a VBA macro to stop after it's last command and allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion and for the macro to delete that range and either to restart the macro to continue with it's next command or alternatively to stop. -- hopalong Do you want to shift the remaining cells up or to the left?? -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "jimbo" wrote: > I would like in to include in a VBA macro to stop after it's last command and > allow a user to select a un pretermined range for deletion and for th...

Query in Excel and user rights
Hi, With the Microsoft Query wizard in Excel a user can make a connection with the CRM database. With this wizard you can write to the database. A user with the role sales can see only the filtered views but is that user allowed to write to the database? Thanks Jan Jan, The filtered views are set up specifically to prevent users from writing to the database. So in your case, the user will not be able to write to the database. Mike Cross http://www.navint.com "JN" wrote: > > Hi, > > With the Microsoft Query wizard in Excel a user can make a connection with ...

Find and Erase Excel randomly named temporary files
I have a file server for all my users, but by any reason some Excel randomly named temporary files are not deleted after the user saves the file and end his work. This of course have increase the size and number of files to backup. All users have a virtual map drive that points to the file server, so every time they need to work with a file they work directly in the server, and there is where the temporary files from excel are created, not in the temp folder of the C drive. So I am looking a way to search all these files and deleted them from my server. I have around 200 Users and no...