mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL

Hello -

I have a client who can't email us.  Everytime he does, it bounces back to
him and he gets this error message:

<IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not
>> taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL
>> FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>>

I found this link:

http://www.faqs.org/qa/rfcc-193.html

FW: DELIVERY FAILURE: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not
allowed or chunk too large.

Apostrophies (') not supported in smtp address (reply to) by recepient
server.

So, looking at the error again:

<IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not
>> taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL
>> FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>>

He has a Apostrophie in his email address.  So,  is that why he can't email
our Exchange server???   So far, he's been email me at my gmail.com account
just fine -- he just can't email me at Exchange 2003.

please help.

Thanks,
Blake

0
galvanon (77)

"Galvanon" <galvanon@online.nospam> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>He has a Apostrophie in his email address.  So,  is that why he can't email
>our Exchange server???

Yes, but it's not Exchange that's the problem. I posted a reponse to
your original thread.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Move SeaMonkey/Thunderbird e-mail to Outlook 2007 (without OE)
I have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and am trialling Office 2007 Professional. I currently use SeaMonkey as a browser/e-mail client but want to move to Outlook 2007 because I prefer it. Is there a way to export my mail from SeaMonkey (nee Thunderbird) to Outlook 2007 without using the old Outlook Express/MS Mail method that has been about for a number of years? You may want to review this article for future reference: How do I import from ??? in Outlook http://www.contactgenie.com/blog/?p=185 Doing a quick google search: Importing and exporting your mail http://kb.mozi...

Mailbox #3
Hy, i need to create mailboxes for each office, i want that user can access their own office mailbox using their account without have to login with the account of the new "office user", enabling user top the Full Mailbox Access can i solve it? If i disable the "office user" they can access the office mailbox? Thanks Kentucky If the office user has a mailbox, then yes, you can grant access to this mailbox by giving Full Mailbox Access permissions to other accounts that you desire. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Kentucky"...

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

Select Names Dialog Box
Could someone help with the following? I am using Access 2003 with outlook 2003 and all I need to do is open outlook and for it to display the Select Names Dialog Box ( it would be nice to open outlook if it was closed) no more than that. Hence I am now after the code to go in the click event of the button. Any examples of VBA code that will work within Access 2003 would be appreciated The Select Names dialog box is programmable starting from Outlook 2007. You can't display it in Outlook 2003. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb176400.aspx --JP On Feb 5, 3:52=...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Swedish characters in the Display name #2
I have a problem with Swedish characters in the senders' names on outgoing e-mail. Previously we have formatted the display names like: Last name, First name This is causing problems for some external recipients, since their e-mail program reads this as two addresses (Last name as one name and First name as another) I tried changing the display name for one user to "First name Last name" instead, but then the Swedish characters are not shown when he/she sends an external e-mail. Example: "Åke Jönsson" becomes "Ake Jonsson" or "Åsa H...

Configuring Exchange to Use Multiple RCPT TOs for Smart Relay
How do you configure exchange such that a message with multiple recipients is sent to the smart relay as a message with multiple recipients instead of duplicate copies of the message with one recipient each? Thanks, Alan You're talking per-domain, correct? Because Exchange already does this for recipients in the same domain. Baris. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Alan" <msn-exchange@web.morphdog.com> wrote in message news:035d01c3c78f$104e6610$a401280a@phx.gbl... > How do you configure exchange such that a m...

Can I only allow printing to pdf in Excel?
I have created a template in Excel which has been set up so that the layout is perfect when printing to pdf (which is how the document will mostly be used) but the layout changes if printing direct to our printer. Is there a way that I can ONLY allow printing to pdf from this document? Hello You may consider using some VBA to achieve this. One way is to use the Workbook_BeforePrint event and specify the pdf printer in the PrintOut method, eg: Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) ActiveSheet.PrintOut copies:=1, ActivePrinter:="CutePDF Writer on CPW2:" End Sub Pl...

550 5.7.1 relay error messae
I have select number of Clients (3) out of 27 who we can not send emails to, they are in a separate domain from ours. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 4:35pm Sent: 2/27/2007 4:34 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Sean ***** on 2/27/2007 4:34 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <mail.n*******.org #5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for tsc16.****.****@***.local> Rhodes.messiah@gmail.com wrote in news:1172615546.953350.313930 @j...

Security Name
Hello - I have another problem that I could use help on. I have several accounts with different brokerage houses that holds the same security but with slightly different names. When I go to Update those accounts, I get popups from Money asking if the name for the security is the same as another security with a similar name. I say OK. But when it gets to the next account I get the same popup to prompt me to put it back to the old name, which gets annoying. To solve this problem, I could use 2 different names for the same security but then my summaries would be based on 2 different ...

duplicate contacts and e mail
I have just set up a new mail profile and imported my mail settings from a saved pst file and all of my e mails and contacts are duplicated, is there a way that I can get rid of the duplicates without going through everything one by one? The file is about 500mb and there are hundreds of contacts. Is there a free duplicate e mail remover? http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#dupes --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wit...

are scripts allowed in exchange 2003?
I used to run a few scripts in exchange 5.5, and now that I'm upgrading to 2003 I can't find how to implement these scripts. How do I keep using my scripts from exchange 5.5 in exchange 2003? Can you give us a bit more information regarding your scripts? Are they VBS accessing WMI information, batch files utilizing resource kit (reskit) utilities, etc. Scripting works with Exchange 2003 and Active Directory...I tinker with VBScripts. I have also used batch scripts to manage Exchange 2000 with the reskit utils. Bob "gigi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Data Validation Allow List
Is there a way to click on the resulting combo box and have ALL the list items show up instead of just what seems like the default of about 8--I can scroll, but would like to just point and choose? Also, is there a way to change the font of this combo box? The resulting look like they are about 6 or 8 points. Any help is appreciated. Is this the right forum doug? If you are using a combo box (from the control toolbox) as opposed to a validation list you can change visible rows but not if you use validation Debra has a solution here http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal10.html -- R...

allow user to highlight field on form
I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used to input comments about the the person and has several memo fields. The user wants to be able to highlight a field if the information is important and needs to be highlighted to other users of the system. I cannot use conditional formatting because the decision to highlight the field is made by the user depending on different circumstances. Any help would be appreciated On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:52:01 -0700, aussiebob wrote: > I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used...

Updating large pivot source data
Hello, I'm experiencing the following problem with a very simple macro in Excel 2007 to update pivot table data source. That is, my data has more than 74000 rows and I'm trying to update the source data with the following code: Sub Macro1() Dim rng1 As Range Set rng1 = Sheets("Test_sheet").Range("A1:A74000") ActiveSheet.PivotTables("Pivot-taulukko1").ChangePivotCache ActiveWorkbook. _ PivotCaches.Create(SourceType:=xlDatabase, SourceData:=rng1, _ Version:=xlPivotTableVersion12) End Sub The problem is that the code ...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

Renting a cottage for the family for a week or more allows you the luxury of a private vacation
FAMILY COTTAGE VACATIONS Renting a cottage for the family for a week or more allows you the luxury of a private vacation residence that feels more like "home" than a hotel. Kindle Cottage can be a perfect location for a personal retreat - provided you are not substituting one set of distractions for another. Have a great family getaway to the prime lake of the Kawarthas. Only 1 hour from Toronto and 20 minutes from Oshawa. Large level lot for kids, excellent fishing, 5 bedroom cottage 2.5 piece bathroom, large deck. Swimming pool, Jacuzzi, 60=94 Flat Screen TV, DVD and Lak...

No New Mail
HI All Can anyone help me I have a number of users that are experiencing a problem. The problem is that a new mail icon will appear in their task bar but when they open outlook there is no message in there inbox. Has anyone seen this before? We are running a Exchange 2003. Please Help. Thanks Does the message gets deleted by a rule or the server by te anti-virus/spam software? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Stuart Hagon" <anonymous@discuss...

Troubleshooting external -> My company e-mail
A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address mymail@myfamilydomain.com to his company mailbox. He claims that all e-mails sent from that domain does not get delivered. As far as I know the Exchange AV is not configured to block 'myfamilydomain.com'. I look the logs of the Exchange AV and see no reports there of quarantine messages related to @familydomain.com. What else could I do troubleshoot this type of scenario ? "Marlon Brown" <marlon_brown@hotmail.com> wrote: >A VIP user claims that he is sending e-mails from his home address >mym...

Named Ranges -- Link Issue?
I am working on a very large Excel workbook (231 worksheets, all inter-linked to one another). Each worksheet contains a number of named ranges (for the entire workbook, there are 6,117 named ranges). This appears to be causing a problem such that if I modify a cell on Worksheet1, and Worksheet2 is dependent on the value, Worksheet2 does NOT change UNLESS I rename Worksheet1. (I can rename it to _Worksheet1 and then back to Worksheet1, but again, unless I actually *change* the name, the link is not updated). Calculation is set to automatic (but even if I force calculation, be it on ...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

How to exclude one user from being affected by mailbox limits.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like the manager to have a 500MB limit but we can't find anything that would exclude him from being affected from the limits. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Thanks for your help, Jamie In news:5ACF0054-7FAB-45B8-89D4-41F4359376A2@microsoft.com, Jamie Tanner <JamieTanner@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. > > We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like...

Migrating folders and mail from Entourage to Apple Mail
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange I am trying to move folders and their contents from Entourage to Apple Mail. I already set up the exchange account on mail and had previously used the Import Mailboxes feature to move my POP account folders and content. When running that Import Mailboxes utility it does not recognize any of the folders for the Exchange account. <br><br>I did go back and delete the POP account to see if leaving only the Exchange account would work. I even shut down the computer and restarted...

Large Files with Strongly Typed Dataset
I have an xsd file that I use to create a strongly typed dataset in my project. In the past, I have used the ReadXml method to load xml files into the generated class and read data in using this class. These files have now become big (order of 100MB) and this completely kills the readxml performance. I have read multiple posts that tell you not to use datasets for large files. I even tried calling BeginLoadTables before starting the read. However, I really need the strongly typed dataset functionality in my program - it forms the core of my project. Is there a way I can load this data into t...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...