Mailbox moves to Ex2003 don't remove 5.5 mailbox

I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on 
Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without 
any issues.  However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have 
run into a problem.  The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the 
mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears 
in the Exchange 5.5 server.  So, there are two mailboxes for a single 
account.  I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is 
happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this), but I am 
wondering what I can do to fix the problem.  I have tried just deleting the 
mailbox on the 5.5 server, but it reappears a few minutes later.
0
LTDDJ (3)
10/20/2005 1:36:10 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

1 Replies
338 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

I have the same problem, to get the user working again I move the mail box 
back to the 55 server the first time errors out but delets the orphaned 
55(any mail recieved to this will be lost) mail box then do it a second time 
and the mailbox moves and the user can again access the mail. from what i can 
gather what happens is that the mail moves but the mailbox object does not 
move so you have the e-mails existing in one place but the mailbox exists on 
a different server. I am planning on taking these accounts exporting them to 
a pst>deleting the 55 account>create a new exchange 2003 account>and then 
either use exmerge to merge the pst into this new account or leaving the old 
mail in the archive and just import the calendar and contacts into the new 
account.

but if anyone has a better way I would love to hear it.

"Dennis Joray" wrote:

> I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on 
> Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without 
> any issues.  However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have 
> run into a problem.  The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the 
> mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears 
> in the Exchange 5.5 server.  So, there are two mailboxes for a single 
> account.  I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is 
> happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this), but I am 
> wondering what I can do to fix the problem.  I have tried just deleting the 
> mailbox on the 5.5 server, but it reappears a few minutes later.
0
mikesahli (1)
10/20/2005 4:01:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Remove file Protection from an Excel workbook file from others
I have an older excel file created by someone who is no longer with my company. I want to use that file as a starting point to created another file. The file is set up as "read only". If I try to change any of the cells, I get the message that the "cell or chart is protected and therefore read only" and further tells me to unprotect before attempting the change. When I got to tools/protection/Unprotect Sheet I get the request for a password. I don't know the password as the file was created by another. I have tried "save as", from tools making sur...

Line Chart with dates in 5 day working week only
Hi, Trying to format a chart so that only the 5 working days of the week are displayed on the x axis. The source data only has the five days (e.g. 05/09/2005 down to 09/09/2005 and then on to 12/09/2005 down to 16/09/2005 etc etc) So I have missed out the weekend dates. When I create the line chart however, the weekend dates appear automatically and just show no point on the chart, therefore there is a longer line between Fridays and Mondays!! Hope this makes sense. Does anyone have any ideas on how to change this? I have tried looking at Tools-options-chart and cannot seem to turn...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

Forced Removal of Failed Exchange 5.5 Server
A failing Exchange 5.5 infrastructure prompted a rapid migration to Exchange 2000. A mixed mode environment was created and all security principals and data was moved to the new servers before the old server failed. Exchange 2000 is functioning and about to be integrated into an Exchange 2003 environment. However, there is still a grayed-out reference to the now failed/non-existent Exchange 5.5 computer. How can this be resolved? You can delete the server object from ADSI Edit. ADSI edit comes with windows 2000/2003 support tools. Open ADSIEdit and navigate down to the servers lev...

Mailbox needs reducing
We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no limits, it's now 11GB!! Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and do it, can Exchange do it? In news:euNRN1iPHHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no > limits, it's now 11GB!! > > Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and > do it, can Exchange do it? Presuming you're not on 5x or earlier, you can use mailbox management policies to get rid of items ol...

Error message #5
Excel 2000 - Try to save workbook as Excel 97 - 2000 & 5.0/95. Receive error message " An error occurred and this feature is no longer functioning properly. Would you like to repair the feature now?" If you say YES I get an "Internal Error 2709." Does anyone know how to determine what feature the error message is referring to and how to repair the issue randy ...

How to remove black frame/background around the icon <1183463901.227455.123960@e16g2000pri.googlegroups.com>
Hi, I have created a toolbar using Deskband in Visual Studio 6.0. I have added icons for the buttons but for every icon, I see a black background/frame. Even if I open the icon in MS Paint, I see that black frame. Its like all the icons are sqaure in shape and except for the actual picture everything else is black! I have never worked with icons before and I do not know how I can get rid of this. It makes my toolbar look very ugly. Please somebody help EggHeadCafe - .NET Developer Portal of Choice http://www.eggheadcafe.com Normally, icons (.ico) files are actually two bitmaps, a mask bitm...

Long delays in delivery EX5.5 SP4
Hey: We have an Exchange 5.5 SP4 server that's part of a large organization. Everything comes in via SMTP. We have a Windows machine running as a mail gateway for virus scanning and spam blocking. Both systems sit behind our firewall. The world-reachable MX address is reached via the firewall, which passes all SMTP traffic through to the gateway. Once scanned, the gateway forward directly to the Exchange server on the same network. The gateway runs Symantec SMTP Anti-virus Gateway on a Windows 2000 Server box. The Exchange server is running NT SP6. In recent weeks, we've exp...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

WMP12 crashes after 5 seconds
im using WMP12 on WIN 7 it crashes after approx 5 seconds and goes thru the normal WMP12 encountered an error message but nothing happens with regards to fixing or reporting... Media centre works fine. so im kinda perplexed.. i must point out thoi i UPGRADED to WIn 7 from Vista home premium.. the installation went smoothly and everything was fine until i shanged the mobo and cpu for a quadcore any ideas pls??? Any crash details for that from the Event Viewer? http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html ...

Cannot create mailbox for new user accounts
I am running Exchange 2003 on Server 2003. I was able to move all existing mailboxes from my old Exchange 2000 server to my new 2003 server. Whenever I try to create a new user it creates the user normally and asks if I want to create a mailbox for the user. I check yes, and it says account created successfully. However, the mailbox never appears in Exchange, no email address is assigned to the new user, and I cannot send mail to the user account either. If I try to access any Exchange properties from ADUC it shows everyhting as if a mailbox exists, but there is no mailbox. I am ...

removing predefined locked fileds
do someone know by a chance how to remove predefined locked fileds from some forms (like address fileds in the Order form) ? On Feb 4, 1:05 am, "eliran" <eliran...@gmail.com> wrote: > do someone know by a chance how to remove predefined locked fields > from some forms (like address fields in the Order form) ? You can't remove, but can hide them using onLoad event script like this: crmForm.all.ordernumber_c.style.display="none"; crmForm.all.ordernumber_d.style.display="none"; If there are a lot of fields, that you want to hide, you can p...

Mailbox permissions #17
I have a bit of a mess with a mailbox that receives all messages that clients send through our web site. Everyone except one person has this additional mailbox open within Oulook. The remaining person I can't seem to get the permissions down. I myself have it added on my desktop. The only reason I think I can expand the mailbox is because I'm in the enterprise admin, domain admin, and exchange admin groups. When I look at the properties of the mailbox, my account has "None" as so does this other employee. When I click on my account, the employee's account wo/ ...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

Paid Sales Transaction Removal error message
Hola Familia When I try to do run a "Paid Sales Transaction Removal" against a specify customer (Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Routines >> Sales >> Paid Transaction Removal) in Dynamics GP 10 with SQL 2005, I get the following error: [Microsoft] [SQL Native Client] [SQL Server] Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint ‘PKRM30101’. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.RM30101'. I searched for the error message in Customer Source Knowledge base and found Article ID : 861084, which I followed and it showed the duplicate document (invoice...

disable mailboxes
We have a number of Windows users whose Windows account has been disabled. Now the exchange server reports error events for each of those users, because the mailbox is not associated with an active user account. Short of deleting the mailboxes, is there anyway to get Exchange to (reject the mail and) not report error events for those mailboxes. (david) David, Please see: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/NoMAS-Tool.html and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278966 -- - David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ "david epsom dot com dot au" wrote: > We have a number o...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

Taking a loooong time for new mailboxes to appear.
Hello, We have a tool which creates a batch of mailboxes, then logs into each one via MAPI to migrate old messages. Today we ran the tool and mailbox-enabled 300+ mailboxes in one go. Although the Exchange tabs were present and the SMTP address was filled out on each user in ADUC, the mailboxes didn't appear in ESM until about an hour later. How is that possible? Manually running RUS didn't help either. We've got one DC and a separate E2k3 server. Thanks, - Alan. Any RED errors in the event logs on that Exchange box during that time> "Alan" wrote: > Hello, ...

Copy of all in/out mail in another mailbox
My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails of all the mailnboxes in another mail box to check what other emplyees are sending and receive. Is it possible in MS Exchange 2000 or 2003, if yes how? Yes, it's possible. See this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Jaffar Ali Sayyed" <jaffar@maruetechnologies.com> wrote in message news:045f01c3c862$f2d436d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails > o...

Backup a users mailbox in Exchange 2003
We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? -- Chuck On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 06:36:02 -0800, chb12 <chb12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have recently terminated a couple employees, and I would like to make a >copy of their mailboxes. How do I go about doing this? Exmerge is always a good option. What I normally do is open their mailbox on my outlook, then create a PST (name it the users name). Once the PST is created I copy the contents of their mailbox into the PST. From there you ...

Moving certain data to different sheet
I need to move data that meets a certain criteria, to another sheet within a workbook. For instance, if a column of data is for a certain ZIP code area, I need it to automatically copy to a sheet for that city. Say, 40202 would go to the Louisville, KY sheet. Because Louisville has multiple ZIPs, I would need only the data that begins with 402 to go to that sheet. Lexington KY's data, which begins with ZIP code 405, would go to its own sheet. Macro? Formula? Thanks! This can definitely not be created with a formula. I suggest that you make use of the macros. Rgrds, Kris...

Pie Chart Plot Area Moves
After printing a pie chart, the plot area relocates itself. I wrote a procedure to bring it back to the designated "top" and "left" coordinates the next time the sheet is activated, but the plot area doesn't relocate until the sheet is activated a SECOND time. Does anyone know how to fix? Thank you. ...

Show picture outline only when moving in PowerPoint
It's probably simple when you know it, but I'm sure there's a setting that I can toggle, so when I move a large picture in PowerPoint, only the outline shows, not the whole picture. This is because the pictures I'm inserting need to be of good quality, and my laptop struggles with them when I move them. ...

You cannot copy or move messages to public folders
I have a few users who get the following error when trying to move messages from their inbox into a public folder - "Can't move the items. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator" I have found the following on microsofts website and have made those changes but it has not solved the issue http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330752 has anyone seen this before? I have also downloaded outspy and run this on messages that have failed and on messages that are ok. However im not really su...

Move server between Admin Groups #2
We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move some exchange servers from one admin group to another. I know there is not a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group? Third party Software? Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level. Exchange 2003 mixed mode. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:16:23 -0500, "Tim Kalligonis" <tkalligonis@comcast.net> wrote: >We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move >so...