Mailbox move reporting less "items" after move completed

Moving users from source Ex2k to target Ex2k3 server both patched to latest
SP's and public hotfixes.

When I move users from source to target, the reported "Total Items" (as
viewed by ESM and viewing the "Mailboxes" for the Store) is different on the
target.

For some users the "Total Items" is the same, others the difference is a few
items, and still others it's in the 100's.

How can I find out what was not moved?

If you selected Skip corrupted items in Migration Wizard and entered the
number of items to skip, than maybe that number is the max difference of
items in the store (the items you actually miss) for one account.

<1@1.COM> wrote in message news:uTOuyoZAGHA.1028@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Moving users from source Ex2k to target Ex2k3 server both patched to
> latest
> SP's and public hotfixes.
>
> When I move users from source to target, the reported "Total Items" (as
> viewed by ESM and viewing the "Mailboxes" for the Store) is different on
> the
> target.
>
> For some users the "Total Items" is the same, others the difference is a
> few
> items, and still others it's in the 100's.
>
> How can I find out what was not moved?

Are the users actually missing anything? YOu may want to restore from backup
and do Exmerge for those affected users.

"1@1.COM" wrote:

> Moving users from source Ex2k to target Ex2k3 server both patched to latest
> SP's and public hotfixes.
>
> When I move users from source to target, the reported "Total Items" (as
> viewed by ESM and viewing the "Mailboxes" for the Store) is different on the
> target.
>
> For some users the "Total Items" is the same, others the difference is a few
> items, and still others it's in the 100's.
>
> How can I find out what was not moved?

0
Vicnice (145)
12/15/2005 6:01:02 PM
<1@1.COM> wrote:

>Moving users from source Ex2k to target Ex2k3 server both patched to latest
>SP's and public hotfixes.
>
>When I move users from source to target, the reported "Total Items" (as
>viewed by ESM and viewing the "Mailboxes" for the Store) is different on the
>target.
>
>For some users the "Total Items" is the same, others the difference is a few
>items, and still others it's in the 100's.
>
>How can I find out what was not moved?

The difference in item counts may be that the information was
incorrect on the source server.

Running "isinteg -fix -s <server> -tests alltests,rowcounts" on the
server would have corrected the item counts and folder sizes before
the move.

If nobody is complaining of missing items I wouln't worry too much
about the differences.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

ToDo-Bar Does not show the correct number of items from calendar
After having Outlook 2007 running for an extensive period, the ToDo-Bar does not show the correct number of appointments. A restart of the program will solve the problem, I have a memory dump of the Outlook process made when I took the screen shots that I can provide upon request (don't want to post it on a public site) I have made a couple of screen shots to visualize the bug The first is of the items that is in my calendar http://cid-b5fa01714d9657ab.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Offentlig/calendar^_view.png The second is of how the ToDo-Bar looks like, and also the ...

Can't delete items in 'Outbox'
Hi Guys, I have created 2 email messages that was to big really to send, however I did try to send it and now it's stuck in my 'Outbox' and won't send and won't delete. How do I get rid of them? I've tried to allow them to be sent, however this is not happening. When I go to delete the items I get an error message which says: 'The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied.' Anybody's help on this one would be grately appreciated on this annoying problem. Many thanks, Mark Mark_King <markking@...

Budgeted items in Cashflow forecast not showing.
Hi, I have ticked the box under 'customise forecast' to say I want budgeted amounts included in my forecast but it only uses actual bill transactions. For example.. I have rent, car insurance etc as direct debits scheduled every month which it includes in the forecast. But... Food and Fuel I have as an item under my budget as it varies..these are not included. It does not give me a realistic cash flow forecast. Any ideas. Thanks. In UK so we don't get full support here :( Money displays my budgeted amounts just fine as long as the right accounts are selected at the top o...

INSERT a Table (32 items) into another Table
Hi, I have a form with a subform. The subform is linked parent to child. The subform has a field that has a combo box. From the combo there are two choices. On the after update if the selcetion is equal too "INSERT ALL ITEMS - 32 LINES" the idea is to take the contents of a separate table line by line and insert into the subform / subtable. I Have the following code If Me!cboProject_Notes.Column(0) = "INSERT ALL CHOICES - 32 LINES" Then 'do the input from the table tblProjectNotes_Default Set db = CurrentDb Set rst = db.OpenRecordset(&q...

Project Accounting-Budget Items
Hi, Is it possible to restrict addition of budget items on a fly. I already unmarked "Allow entry of a new Budget Items" in a User Timesheet Settings window, but all it does is shows a message saying that this item is not in the budget and asks if it should be added. If you click "Add", the item is added to the budget. Could someone let me know if there is a way to prevent this. -- Thank you, Are you talking about entering timesheet data in the Timesheet Entry screen or entering data in Business Portal in Project Time Entry? "Irina" wrote: > Hi, >...

MOVE (rather than copy) sent items
Afternoon all I'm using OL 2003 on XP Pro XP3 patched up to date. I wish to set up a rule to move certain sent items directly to a folder. However, it appears that the items can only be copied, with the original left in the Sent folder. I have set archive characteristics for Sent to empty every day, but it doesn't. Any help gratefully received. Happy Christmas John if you want to move items with an after sending rule, you need to disable the option to save sent items (in tools, options, email options). If you do this set up a rule to copy the items you want moved and ...

How to track 'recover deleted' Items
In Exchange 2003 is it possible to track the items that are cleared from the Deleted Items in Outlook and then also removed from the Recover Deleted Items facility ? Not that I am aware of unless a 3rd party has come up with a logging tool that does this. If there is one, I haven't heard of it. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Ian Watson" <ianwatson@mail.com> wrote in message news:eDgUC9Y1FHA.3584@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In Exchange 2003 is it possible to track the items that are cleared from > the Deleted Items in Outlook and then also removed ...

Proper SQL Syntax for Aggregation across a Range of Items?
Consider the following query which works just fine: select sum(ownedunits),sum(startofdayvalue),sum(cellOwnershipPercent),sum(classOwnershipPercent) from acctg_registry where date='1/4/10' and targetaeid=1669 ....the query works just fine for a particular 'targetaeID'. In this case, the targetaeID is 1669. But let's say I want to run this query for every targetaeID. So if there are 100 targetaeIDs in the database, my result set would contain 100 summary rows. How would I do this? You can assume the list of targetaeIDs can be retrieved via the query &...

"recover deleted items" question #2
I have my deleted items set to 7 days server side & and in client outlook 2003 I have registry "DumpsterAlwaysOn" set to 1. How can I make it where users cannot delete the stuff in recover deleted items? there's no real way to accomplish this... "Mostro" <oveloz@glasfloss.com> wrote in message news:df6qn0$aij$1@newsdbm02.news.prodigy.com... > I have my deleted items set to 7 days server side & and in client outlook > 2003 I have registry "DumpsterAlwaysOn" set to 1. How can I make it where > users cannot delete the stuff in recove...

Retrieve deleted items from exchange 2000 mailbox
Hello All, One of users in our network accidentally deleted a lot of emails from his mailbox. In exchange server the option "Do not permanently delete mailboxes and items" under Mailbox Stores properties is checked, which indicates in help that the deleted items will not be deleted until a backup has been performed or the "Do not permanently delete mailboxes and items" entry is reached. Although I did two backups after that, but those two backups don't seem to have any data in them in the backup set. How can I retrieve those deleted items not using the back...

List Box Items
I am trying to create a list box that is populated with items from a row. For example: A2=red B2=blue C2=green. then the first value in the combobox is red, the second is blue, the third is green and so on. Set the Input Range (if a Forms Listbox) the RowSource property (Controls listbox), or the ListFillRange (Userform listbox) to that range address. -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jason" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1884c01c44a76$76...

controlling JUNK items
I am trying to find out way several of the emails I need, keep getting moved to JUNK when I have the junk filters turned on. I have looked at the JUNK SENDERS.TXT and do not find the sender listed. Where else are the rules stored? I have been building up "custom" rules for this, but that becomes such a pain in the BUTT! I am using OL 2002 SP2 Thanks, Bruce You might also want to read through Filters.txt. It isn't actively used by Outlook (so changing its contents wouldn't do you any good), but it is sort of a "readme" file for the phrases or words Outlook ch...

Hiding Received Items on Purchase Orders
Is there a way to hide already received items on a PO? That is, can a revised PO be printed that only shows remaining open items (backorders). On that same note, is there a way to print out a "Receiver" or "Check-in Sheet" for my staff to check in orders against, as opposed to the actual purchase order, which shows more information than I'd like shown... Thanks for any input!! ...

switching between recorded items and daily calender
I don't know what I did but I now have a list of recorder reaccuring items insted of my daily calender. I assume that there must be a switch to toggel back and forth but I cannot find it. "calender, items, reaccuring," <calender, items, reaccuring, @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53E79DBB-C6C7-4632-9440-1306BAD915AA@microsoft.com... >I don't know what I did but I now have a list of recorder reaccuring items > insted of my daily calender. I assume that there must be a switch to toggel > back and forth but I cannot find it. Wha...

I have moved my Inbox by "mistake" to my Deleted Items
I have moved my Inbox by "mistake" to my Deleted Items folder. I can not move it back. Has anyone had this problem? Can anyone help? The message I receive is: Can't move the items. Special folders, including Inbox, Contacts, Calendar, Notes, Task and Journal folders can not be moved. stevenson <lstevenson@crowell.com> wrote: > I have moved my Inbox by "mistake" to my Deleted Items > folder. I can not move it back. Has anyone had this > problem? Can anyone help? The message I receive is: > Can't move the items. Special folders, inc...

Calendar items
How long are Calendar items kept in Exchange 2003? Is there a setting for this? If so, where? I don't recall ever seeing one. Thank you. Ed. On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 15:06:23 -0400, "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote: >How long are Calendar items kept in Exchange 2003? Is there a setting for >this? If so, where? I don't recall ever seeing one. >Thank you. >Ed. > Always, unless you have a policy in place to hoik them out. they'll stay there unless you have a mailbox policy to delete them, or auto-archiving is set up, maybe... -- Susan Conke...

Customer Items
Is there any 3rd Party software that we can map one Item Number to Multiple Customer Items? regards, David, Do you mean your item number is ABC001, customer 0001 calls this same item XYZ002 and customer 0002 calls it KLM999? If so, GP will handle that out of the box, if not, can you describe what you're looking for in more detail? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "davidv" <davidv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E06C7280-BF4E-4B76-98D9-4A5E467BBC00@microsoft.com... > Is there any 3rd Party software that we can map on...

Create a textbox that displays a list of possible items as we type
Hi All, Is it possible to display a list once user starts typing a word in vba? For eg, I have a userform connected to access database(I can already pull info from access, based on what user inputs in ID field), So Once a user starts typing in a text box, lets say User Name textbox, a list of users is displayed (something like google search, we start writing in the search bar and it suggests us what we might want based on what text we input) SO if I type in "A" in User Name text box, I get all the names starting with "A" such as: Name: [ A.... ] ...

viewing deleted items that are outgoing "sent" messages
Version: 2004 Processor: Power PC Hi: I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming messages, but the outgoing messages or "sent" messages have completely disappeared. Can someone please advise on how I can fix this? Thank you. Diana "Diana_Kim@officeformac.com" wrote: > I was able to view my deleted messages in the "deleted items" folder until > recently. I am still able to view the deleted items that are incoming > messages, but the outgoing...

Chart Legend Items: hide/show
How do I hide/show a series on a chart legend (scatter plot.) I tried a null string (""), but the trace still shows. I also tried #N/A. But it then shows "#N/A"; the same with function: NA(). What I am trying to do is to have a control button to show or hide a series from the chart. I can set all the series values to #N/A which hides it, but I am having trouble trying to hide the legend for the series. I also tried an "if" function in the chart->series dialog, but It evidently will only accept a cell pointer. "Jon Peltier" <jonREMOVExlmvp@p...

Furthr Discount of Sale Items
Yesterday we had a sale on about 50 items. I entered them into the Wizard and then went to individually make them not discountable at the POS. While I was doing this one of the items was rung out and no further discount was allowed, even though I never got to check that item off as not being further discountable. Does anyone know if this is something that they have addressed, and perhaps the software has updated itself through a patch or something? ...

Something different....Recovered items
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0023_01CA68DD.C15A1D50 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0024_01CA68DD.C15A1D50" ------=_NextPart_001_0024_01CA68DD.C15A1D50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've not seen this 'line item format' before..note the characters after = the date and the newsgroup name. Win7 Pro Retail, WLM 0726 --=20 ....winston MS-MVP[Mail] ------=_NextPart_001_0024_01CA68DD.C15A1D50 Content-...

Remove "Recover Deleted Items" from OWA
Is is possible to remove the "Recover Deleted Items" option for Outlook Web Access? Can this be done through the OWA Administration utility? thanks. ...

how to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically???
Hi How to mark emails in deleted items as read automatically??? Now i've to right click en choose 'mark as read'. If looked in rules, but one can not make a rule on the map 'deleted items' . Or am I wrong. Peter Peter, I think that you can go to options and st teh setting there. If I can remember right the option is "mark all deleted items as read". I don't know the version of Outlook you are woking in but it should be there. Hoop jy kom reg!! Marais van Zyl >-----Original Message----- >Hi > >How to mark emails in deleted items as read...

Is there a way to empty the Deleted Items folder by date?
Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 month, ???)? I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes want to recover a file a few days later. FivePoundBag wrote: > Is there a way to get Outlook to delete items in the Deleted Items > folder that have been in there for some period of time (1 week, 1 > month, ???)? > > I know there is a Tools option to empty it on exit, but I sometimes > want to recover a file a few days later. Use AutoArchive. Enable the global...