Mailbox Migration #4

All,

We just merged with another company.  We both are running Exchange 2003, but
their users will become part of our Exchange organization.  What is the best
way to migrate their users into our environment?  I’m thinking along the
lines of creating another Administrative Group in our environment adding
their servers (separate trusted forest), and then moving the mailboxes, but I
am not sure it can be done this way.

Thanks in advance for your answer…

Vincent Martin

0
VeMartin (30)

POP3 Question #4
Hi, I have SBS 2003 wiuth Exchange 2003 where I am downloading my email into a global mailbox. Is there a way i can view a log or status to see if mail is being downloaded? Thanks ...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

Mailbox store policy
Hi I can not kreate a new mailbox store policy due to error message c1034a9D "You dont have read permissin on the administratve group containeng ten public folder tree" I can´t find where to change. Have but every possible permission but it still dont work Are you trying to create another mailbox store on Exchange Standard? "Roland" <Roland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4CB10FD0-C186-4B51-8425-DF7CC6C03201@microsoft.com... > Hi > I can not kreate a new mailbox store policy due to error message c1034a9D > "You dont have read p...

moving files #4
I was trying to copy some messages to a different folder. I right clicked and chose "move to folder" and then inadvertently selected "Personal Folders" instead of a specific subfolder. Now the messages are nowhere to be found. Where did they go? Use Advanced Find and specify one known message as the search item and then select all items modified within your time period. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted wi...

moving mailbox failed
I took the plunge and decided to move mailboxes. The second mailbox I moved failed. I have 2 exchange 2003 servers fully patched. On the source exchange server I get event ids 8507 and 8505. On the destination exchange server I get event ids 1006, 9172, and 1008. These errors are close to article 839217. I got the hot fix but I can not install it because it says I have too high of service pack. Any suggestions. ...

Moving mailboxes in Exchange 2000 server
Is there a way to move multiple mailboxes in Exchange 2000, instead of using Users and Computers? Thanks Via a script.... or Exchange 2003 allows you to move mailboxes via ESM. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "jazzy" <jazzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E005696-173A-482A-839D-45D02408DBC6@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to move multiple mailboxes in Exchange 2000, instead of using > Users and Computers? > > Thanks You can move multiple users from ADUC ... just sel...

Restoring a purged Mailbox
I have a mailbox that I deleted (Purged) from the Exchange server several months ago that I need to restore. I have numerous on-line backups of the IS. I have created the Recovery Storage Group, added the database and restored the database files from tape. I have also recreated the user account in AD and can send and receive mail from it..I can go into my Recovery group and restore email to any existing users. I can not restore email to this one user that I need to??? Here is the error I get: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="unicode" ?> - <taskWizardRun taskNam...

OWA and Full Mailbox Access .... weird Send As
Hello i use Exchange 2003 SP2 I have 2 users : user1 and user2 user1 has got fullmailbox access on user2 (nothing more) If I use outlook : I connect with user1 and I send an email from user2 then it appears has : sent on behalf.... wich is ok If I use owa : I connect with user1 and then I add user2 just like this http://exchange/exchange/user2 I send an email .... and then it appears has : from user2 wich is a "bug" ... it should be the same behaviour. How can i solve this problem? In news:45337094$0$8606$426a74cc@news.free.fr, Stephane <steph@nospamamamamamam.net> ty...

Template #4
I have to send about 50 messages with the same subject and to 50 different E-mails, The body of the message contains some instructions and it is the same for all of them and has to be copied to 5 other people.. My question is, if there is a way to save a template with "Copy to" Field (has 5 E-Mails addresses) and the body, I try to do it saving it to Draft but as soon I send the message the draft disappear. Any help would be much appreciated. Fernando This is the way I've done it in the past. Create a new email. Address it..and make it the way you want the template to be...

formatting cells #4
is there a formula to put the work "active" in all cells in a column automatically unless a date is entered to indicate inactive? Thank you Katherine you could test for a numeric input and maybe even put validation on the cells then use something like =IF(ISNUMBER(A1),"","Active") where in this case A1 would hold the date/blank copy down along -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "katie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5975...

Using OWA how can I find out the size of my mailbox?
Hi I use OWA at University. How can I easily verify the size of my mailbox ? Thanks Jay ...

Migrating Email from Mac Mail to Outlook
I seem to be able to find migration tools to take mail from Outlook to Mac, but not Mac to Outlook. Can anybody recommend a good tool or process to accomplish this? I need all my email, calendar events, and contacts if possible. To migrate Lotus Notes contacts to Outlook 2003, follow these steps: 1.. In Lotus Notes, export contacts to a tab-delimited file. (For more information about how to export Lotus Notes contacts, see the Lotus Notes product documentation. Or contact Lotus Notes support.) 2.. Start Outlook 2003. 3.. On the File menu, click Import and Export. 4.. ...

Portfolio view #4
Has anyone had this issue and resolved it? I trade a lot of options as well as stock an mutual funds. The issue is that in portfolio view after a money update has been done manually or automatically several options positions disappear from portfolio and money's price history tracker. I then have to go into the investment transactions list for one of my accounts that I traded the position in and copy the name from "investment" field of the transaction form for one of the trades then go back to portfolio manager and right click on one of my transaction then select record ...

Using CRM 4.0 Enterprise for multiple environments (production, te
Are you using CRM 4.0 Enterprise with multiple organizations such that certain organizations are set up for non-production purposes (production, test, training, development, demo, etc.)? For example, have you set it up so that you have: Production: http://crm.mycompany.com Test: http://crmtest.mycompany.com Training: http://crmtraining.mycompany.com Development: http://crmdev.mycompany.com Do you need to purchase user CALS for each organization, or can one user CAL be used for all organizations? Can all of the organizations leverage the same Active Directory organ...

Mailboxes #3
we have serverall mailboxes we do not wish to delete, but they show they still have old mail in them, Can some one tell me how to clean them or reset their contents with out deleting them ...

View Additional Mailboxes Off-line
A user's Outlook profile has been configured to "Open these additional mailboxes." She is able to access the additional mailboxes while online. She does a "send / receive" to synchronize her mail and then goes off-line. When off-line, she can view only her primary mailbox. She cannot access the additional mailboxes. Her OST only includes her primary mailbox. She is using Outlook 2003, Exchange Server 2003. Outlook is using "cached" mode to connect to the Exchange server. Is this working as designed? Is there a way to view additional mailboxes off-line (wi...

Using Data Migration Framework to import Contacts and Accounts
I am trying to use the DMF to import data into Contacts and Accounts in CRM 3.0. I am able to import data into accounts successfully. However if I try to import Contact data, it is not successful. I have tried both importing Contact data alongside Account data, and also just Contact data. Either way the import wizard runs but does not import Contacts. Is there something else that needs to be done to import Contacts? Also, is there a special procedure for linking up imported Contacts and Accounts? Right now I am simply setting the AccountID in the cdf_Contact database to create the...

Publisher to PDF #4
How do I take a publisher newsletter and convert it to a PDF file? please respond to my email spanishspringssound@yahoo.com Thank you kelly What version Publisher? Do you have a PDF conversion program? There are free PDF converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter If you are using 2007 Microsoft has a *save as PDF* add-in. https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "kelly" <kelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEF...

Migrating Mailboxes to a New Domain
Ok, here is the scenario, we are migrating all of our Exchange mailboxes from domainA to domainB, each domain has it's own seperate Exchange system (both 2003) Each user in domainA uses a single Outlook profile with multiple mailboxes attached. In addition to the mailboxes, some users have personal folders connected to their Outlook. I created a test user account and mailbox in domainA and I attatched several mailboxes to the user profile along with a persoanl folder. The user account and computer were both migrated to domainB by way of the ADMT. The test user mailbox was then migrated o...

LDAP Query #4
im sorry if this post is in the wrong group how can i create an ldap query to get all the users with exchange boxes inside a specific OU this OU might also have OUs indise it with users that hafve mailboxes i want this to be able to create customized address lists Thank you Address Lists cannot be targeted at particular OUs. You need to use some user attribute that's common for users in that OU - like department, location, company name, etc. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Nazgyl" <naz...

CRM 4.0 Installation
I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says the name of the database already exist,what do I do? -- donn Hi, before reinstalling the CRM 4, just open your SQL database and delete the database and meta database that has been created when u try to install CRM 4 at first time. "Donald" wrote: > I tried to install CRM 4 and it failed,when I try to install again it says > the name of the database already exist,what do I do? > -- > donn Hi Sailaja - For additional information on troubleshooting the installation, visit http://www.micr...

put 4 postcards on an 8-1/2 x 11 in landscape
How do I put 4 postcards on an 8-1/2 x 11 in landscape mode? On the old Publisher, I found a setting in Avery that would do it. I'm so confused now. Are there Avery templates in 2007 Publisher and if so, how do I access Avery templates to accomplish this. It's probably really simple but I haven't been able to figre it out. -- Mary Virginia There is a template for Avery postcards, 4 to a sheet. When you are at "Getting Started" enter 3263 in the "search for templates" space. Hit enter. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a qu...

multiple emails #4
I am receiving the same email over and over again, multiple times -- I delete it and remove delete folder contents and the next time I hit send/receive they all show up again. They seem to be from one sender -- but I can't find anything on her computer to suggest why this is happening. It is as if the send/receive function on her computer is stuck and it just keep sending the same mail. ???? Hi, I think that the UIDL Cahing is broken. What happens with the New Profile in Outlook created through the MAil applet in the Control Panel ? Also, this could be a problem with the ...

Mailbox Right 2
Hi, How do I setup myself to send e-mails for another users without it being as Send-on-behalf? I want to be able to logon to my mailbox with Outlook and open their inbox to view all their mails (which I have setup) and reply to their e-mail. I have the option to type in the user on the From field but the e-mail go through as Send on Behalf of. Thanks Steven Louie For you to have the permission to send and recieve as another user, open Active Directory Users and Computers (ADUC). In View menu, select Advanced Features. Find the user that has the mailbox you want to send/recieve as i...

how do I specify a date range = date(2010,4,1 thru 30)
I am trying to use a header in a formula. In A1 I have the month and year (April 2010). I want to bring in a calculation result from a second page (Daily Log) So I want to know how many guest in the month of April visited. But it has to look up April from the year list. I guess this is what I am trying to accomplish Lookup (A1) April (1-30) 2010 from April Stats sheet on Daily log sheet (A column) add guests logged in (D Column) and result to April Stats B5 I record numbers daily and want to have the totals from one page brought to another page, but need the data to be found...