mailbox manger

Hi all

Running Exchange 2003 Sp2. I think i have a rough recipient policy, as i get
a detailed report emailed to me for a few inboxes, but when i check my
recipient policys none of them have mailbox manger settings all recipient
policies are for email address stamping only. So why am i getting this report
from System attendant mailbox? whats also strange is the report only runs
againts 100 mailboxes, i have 400 on my server. I need to know what is
generating this to run?

Thanks
0
Skip1 (502)

Rights required to access 'Mailbox Rights' in ADUC
Is it possible to provide IT staff access to manipulate Mailbox Rights under the Exchange Advanced tab in ADUC without giving them Exchange Administrator rights? We'd like our staff to be able to manipulate all aspects of users using ADUC, but not the back-end Exchange stuff in System Manager. However it appears to be an all-or-nothing situation, at least where access to the mailbox rights are concerned. We are running W2K3 SP1 and E2K3 SP1, both enterprise. Thanks, Peter Have you explored using the Built In "Account Operators" group? Hmm, didn't think it applied ...

new mailbox store
I' ve created a new mailbox store, but i have a problem: when i need to move a mailbox to the new MBX, in the dialog box (AD snap-in, exchange task) where i can choose mbx destination, don't compare anything, it's impossible to choose! Is the new Store mounted? -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> wrote in message news:ekVNiA2XEHA.2940@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I' ve created a new mailbox store, but i have a problem: > when i need to move a mailbox to the new MBX, in the d...

Corrupt outlook 2003 mailbox
Hello, I have a client running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise, Exchange 2003, and on their desktop they use outlook 2003. Everything was working fine until about a month ago, when suddenly they could no longer get to their exchange mailbox on their desktop. I tried every solution that microsoft posted, they even said that corrupt mailboxes is a problem they are aware off. Every time I want to expand the mailbox, gives me an error telling me that it is unable to do so, because the file is either corrupt, or not there, and ms solution asks to change the ost file. I followed the directions, an...

Converting individual mailbox to a file using MAPI
Hi All, I am looking for a way to backup individual mail box of our Exchange Server 2003.I want to convert my individual mail box to a file and backup it. Can any help me with what MAPI methods i can achive this(though MAPI is not designed for backup). Should I read each mail of mail box and write it to a file ?. Any help on this will be greatly apppreciated. Regards, Sridhar D Hi All, After googling, I understand that exporting mailbox to .pst file can be achieved through NameSpace functions and CopyTo method Is there any methods equivalent to NameSpace AddStore?. I doesn't wa...

One mailbox, 2 languages after bricklevel restore??
After a (mailbox)restore with NetBackup Datacenter the user can't see the data. We have nog 2 mailboxes, one in Dutch and one in English: The user' outlook (Dutch) opens the Dutch mailbox (informatiearchief) Al his data is in English (top of information store) How can we open the english data (inbox nog postvak in etc.) Please help X.Oortgiesen xander@oortgiesen.nl ...

permission to create mailbox in Ex2K3
our desktop support creates user account in AD OUs. They have full permission for OUs as OU Admin. Now, we need to give them permission to create mailbox when set up new user account. As for the permission what should I do? I looked at Exchange Delegation but no quite clear about mailbox creation permission. Can someone let me know what to do and how to do it? Thanks. There are several AD attributes that this delegated accounts needs write access to. I have tried previous suggestions in the past by creating a delegated account in AD giving him account management role and giving the...

SOME mail with attachment is not delivered to mailbox
using exchange2003 ONLY from a particular 3rd party, all mail with attachments are not delivered to mailbox even though my exchange 2003 log says some communication has occured. I got them to cc the mail to my personal isp account and notice that when I forward the mail, the attachments are duplicated. (ie: you have a.pdf in 600kb as well as a.pdf in 2kb) I do not know why there are duplicate attachments, perhaps one is an errata caused by the mail server, nonetheless, when I forward this mail with the duplicate attachment to back to my exchange email address, the message is not deliv...

Mailbox move #3
I am moving a mailbox from a exchange 55 to 2003 server (same site) The progress bar is at 100% (4 hours now...) and is saying "Saving changes to the directory" My question is, should it take so long. user has more than 10000 messages in her deleted item Also, what happens if the cancel button is hit? Will the user still be able to access her mailbox in 55 (exchange general tab is still reading the 55 server name) Your help would be greatly appreciated Alesandro <Alesandro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am moving a mailbox from a exchange 55 to 2003 server (s...

Error to create a mailbox
In a computer (not the PDC) with windows 2000 server is installed Exchange 2000 (both of them in spanish), the active directory is load ok, but to configure the mail box, show the following message. Error: updating attributes The domain does not exist or Can not connect with the domain. Somebody can help me with this problem? thanks for your help Erik Aldás ...

From field incorrect from secondary mailbox
Hi, I have a small issue with outlook 2002, sp3. It didnt occur previously before upgrading to exchange 2003. I have two mailboxes in my outlook bar, my primary one and then an additional one. My problem is, when I forward out of my additional mailbox the display name comes up as that additional mailbox, whereas previous it was my proper name being the primary mailbox. ie, my primary mailbox is "Ashley Johnson", when forwarding from my seconary one "Support", it says it comes from "Support", unless I manually change it. I realise I have access ...

Number of messages processed for mailbox 'nnn': 0
When I use exmerge to export to a pst, I don't get any errors but the pst file is only 32kb where it should be nearly 30 mb. below is the exmerge.log: Number of messages processed for mailbox 'ROSADELA ASTUDILLO': 0 [17:10:31] Number of folders processed for mailbox 'ROSADELA ASTUDILLO': 0 [17:10:31] Successfully completed copying mailbox 'ROSADELA ASTUDILLO' to file 'F:\PST\ (5-7-2005)\RASTUDILLO.PST'. [17:10:32] Copying data from mailbox 'AGENOR OLIVARDIA' ('AGENORO') on Server 'xxx-xxx' to file 'F:\PST\ (5-7-2005)\AGENORO....

Mailboxes #2
I have a 2000 SBS and exchange 2000. I have created new users in the active directory and marked the tick box to create exchange mailboxes for these users. The user(s) are then created but no mailbox appears in the mailbox store. The receipt policy is set correctly and has worked in the past, no changes have been made to the exchange settings and im getting no errors in the event viewer....... You cant logon to the mailbox, it comes up with an error also you cant send the user a mail because it bounces back saying it doesnt excist. im rather new to exchange so simple explainations would...

Outlook Web Access automatically closeing its connection to your mailbox after a period of inactivity.
Does anyone know or Is there any way to increase the time of Outlook Web Access automatically closeing its connection to your mailbox after a period of inactivity. thanks ...

first storage group don't display mailbox store
Hei! Is this possible to remove rights so that you cant se mailbox store? and if it is how do I restore them? My problem is that I cant see mailbox store, publiced berfore (cant't find my mailbox store). regards Micke Can you see anything else under the first storage group, like the public store? It is possible to deny yourself access to it. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This alias is for newsgroup purposes only." "Micke" <Micke@discussions.micro...

Exporting Messages to Different Mailbox
is there a way to transfer or export messages from a users mailbox to another user? When an employee leaves, they still have a lot of email in their mailbox. I would like to be able to quickly transfer those messages for the old user to the new user who takes their place. Is there a function within Exchange for this or would I have to do it all in Outlook? Thanks. Well, you could Delete the mailbox for the old user and reconnect it to the new employee. Otherwise, you will have to export the old user mailbox to pst file and then import into new employee mailbox. -- John Oliver, Jr....

How to give some rights to "create mailboxes" in Exchange 2003
I have a help desk employee that we want to give the ability to create mailboxes. Where do I go to do that? What version of Exchange? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "jheald" <jheald@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD65DC2C-01DC-46A0-A1FC-CF25B0AD1E73@microsoft.com... >I have a help desk employee that we want to give the ability to create > mailboxes. Where do I go to do that? > Exchange 2003 "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote: > What version of Exchange? > -- > Ed Crowley...

How to remove a shared calendar, users mailbox has been deleted
I have 2 shared calendars in 'My Calendars' list for 2 summer staff and their mailboxes have been deleted from the Exchange Server. When I right click there is a delay and then a connection error appears. How can I remove them from the 'My Calendar' list? Restart Outlook using the /resetnavpane switch (see http://outlooktips.net/switch if you need help using switches) - it will reset all shortcuts on the navigation pane so you might want to live with it. Or hide them - http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070109.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Mailbox permissions #25
It seems everyone can view each others inbox's, calender etc when going to File> Open> Other Users Folder on Outlook 2003 client. I have one exchange 2003 server with two storage groups, none of these users are domain admins etc. Can anyone help me stop people from viewing anyone's mailboxs? Thks Check the Send As/Receive As permissions on the Mailbox Store. Which groups have Allow rights? Does the Everyone group, or Authenticated Users group have these rights? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.c...

Routing POP3 e-mail to users mailboxes
I'm having a problem getting external e-mails to route to the users' mailboxes. Exchange Server 2003 is set up to download POP3 e-mail from our ISP using Global Mailbox. E-mails are being downloaded okay, but not routed to the individual users mailboxes. Instead, they are all being routed to the mailbox specified for Undeliverable POP3 Mail. I thought that e-mail addressed to user1@ourdomain.com would be routed to the mailbox for user1. Is there a mapping process I haven't carried out? Internal e-mail is working fine, by the way. I hope there's enough information there, and I...

Archiving the whole store with an exception to one mailbox
I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of mailboxes in that store. Is this possible? Thanks in advance Per-store only as far as I know. You'd have to move the mailboxes you want to exclude to a different store. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JOHNC" <ha@ac.om> wrote in message news:uQXxEFntEHA.2788@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I need to archive a mailbox store with the execption of a couple of > mailboxes in that store. Is this possible? > > Thanks in advance &...

Single Mailbox backup
I need a solution to backup & restore indivitual mailboxes on Exchange 2003. Thanks for your help. Dont backup individual mailboxes, perform a full online backup of the Exchange Storage Group, and then use the Recovery Storage Group if you need to get one back. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "payman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7df501c4033d$0649ba40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I need a solution to backup & restore indivitual > mailboxes on Exchange 2003. > > Thanks for your ...

Duplicate Contacts in Mailbox
A business client of mine is running Small Business Server 2003. One particular user has 3500 contacts in a mailbox that is shared between 4 other users. All user mailboxes are stored in one mailbox store on the Exchange Server. The domain is native mode, the Exchange Server is native mode. All 6 workstations run Windows XP Pro. I am told that the contacts are mysteriously duplicating themselves in this guy's mailbox. Has anyone ever heard of this problem before? I have not. They do a lot of mail merges. The problem is not seen in other mailboxes, just the one with a huge number of cont...

Moving mailbox #2
Somebody know how to move a Mailbox that was created on the Distribution list container to the recipients container ? Thanks GAL if you're talking about Exchange 5.5, there's no way to do this...you must delete and recreate the mailbox... "GAL" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25d201c427ee$ede082f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Somebody know how to move a Mailbox that was created on > the Distribution list container to the recipients > container ? > > Thanks > GAL ...

Shared Mailbox setup Exchange 2007
Hi, I have setup a shared mailbox called "sales" on Exchange 2007 and i have allowed users to send as. However when I go to webaccess i cannot log in. The shared mailbox user "Sales" is disabled. Can anyone help with a step by step setup guide? On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 22:16:03 -0700, cruiseyunfat <cruiseyunfat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I have setup a shared mailbox called "sales" on Exchange 2007 and i have >allowed users to send as. However when I go to webaccess i cannot log in. >The shared mailbox user "Sales" is dis...

Setup server to email administrator when a users mailbox is full
Is it possible to have either exchange server (2003 in this case) or windows server 2003 email the administrator or postmaster account to alert him to the fact a users exchange mailbox is full (full in regard to the imposed limit by the admin)?? or when an event is generated to the fact? Thanks so much for your time in advance, Seth On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:07:02 -0800, "Seth at Sherwood" <SethatSherwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to have either exchange server (2003 in this case) or windows >server 2003 email the administrator or postmaster ...