Mailbox Manager Question

Dear all,

Does anyone know how to set Recipient policy to just effect certain selected
users.  I try to set up a policy to delete inbox of certain personnel on a
periodic basic but what I get is the policy applies to all mailbox.  I am
using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server, all with latest patches.  Please
help.  Thanks.

Regards,
Kueh.

0
kka (63)

Hi Kueh,

You can do this by setting a common value for an attribute on each of these
users (in ADUC). You could use Extension Attribute1/Custom Attribute 1, and
the value might be mailboxManager.

Then when creating your mailbox manager policy, you create set a filter so
that the policy only applies to these users with the speficied value on the
attribute.

Regards
--
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)

"KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> Does anyone know how to set Recipient policy to just effect certain
> selected users.  I try to set up a policy to delete inbox of certain
> personnel on a periodic basic but what I get is the policy applies to all
> mailbox.  I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server, all with latest
> patches.  Please help.  Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Kueh.

0
ben.hoffman (411)
6/5/2005 6:41:32 AM
Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply.  My confusion is due to the old days in Exchange 5.5,
you could just right click on the user and perform delete operation on the
individual account.  How is it that now it is very complicated.  Is there
any easier way.  Thanks.

Regards,
Kueh.

"Ben Hoffman" <ben.hoffman@cdu.edu.au> wrote in message
> Hi Kueh,
>
> You can do this by setting a common value for an attribute on each of
> these users (in ADUC). You could use Extension Attribute1/Custom Attribute
> 1, and the value might be mailboxManager.
>
> Then when creating your mailbox manager policy, you create set a filter so
> that the policy only applies to these users with the speficied value on
> the attribute.
>
> Regards
> --
> Ben Hoffman
> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
>
> "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message
>> Dear all,
>>
>> Does anyone know how to set Recipient policy to just effect certain
>> selected users.  I try to set up a policy to delete inbox of certain
>> personnel on a periodic basic but what I get is the policy applies to all
>> mailbox.  I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server, all with
>> latest patches.  Please help.  Thanks.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Kueh.

0
kka (63)
6/5/2005 3:07:58 PM
Hi Kueh,

This is the recomended way.
If you want an easy way to apply a common attribute to a field on selected
AD User accounts. I recomend you use ADModify. It will allow you to batch
modify large groups of users, ADModify can be found here:

http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2

Regards
--

> Hi Ben,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  My confusion is due to the old days in Exchange
> 5.5, you could just right click on the user and perform delete operation
> on the individual account.  How is it that now it is very complicated.  Is
> there any easier way.  Thanks.
>
> Regards,
> Kueh.
>

> "Ben Hoffman" <ben.hoffman@cdu.edu.au> wrote in message
>> Hi Kueh,
>>
>> You can do this by setting a common value for an attribute on each of
>> these users (in ADUC). You could use Extension Attribute1/Custom
>> Attribute 1, and the value might be mailboxManager.
>>
>> Then when creating your mailbox manager policy, you create set a filter
>> so that the policy only applies to these users with the speficied value
>> on the attribute.
>>
>> Regards
>> --
>> Ben Hoffman
>> MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)
>> http://www.ExchangeIS.com
>>
>> "KA Kueh" <kka@ksm.com.my> wrote in message
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> Does anyone know how to set Recipient policy to just effect certain
>>> selected users.  I try to set up a policy to delete inbox of certain
>>> personnel on a periodic basic but what I get is the policy applies to
>>> all mailbox.  I am using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server, all with
>>> latest patches.  Please help.  Thanks.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Kueh.

0
ben.hoffman (411)

talent management solution/Compenation Management Solution
Hello, My company is looking for a Talent Management Solution/Compensation Management Solution. If anyone has any experience with any products, please post. Thank you Jack ...

Julian Date Question (Another)
Thought I had a handle on it, but guess not. This is my code. Me.JulianExpirationDate = Format(DateAdd("yyyy", 5, Now()), "dd/mm/yyyy") ? me.JulianExpirationDate 08/02/2015 Me.JulianExpirationDate = Format(Me.JulianExpirationDate, "yy") & Format(DatePart("y", Me.JulianExpirationDate), "000") ? me.JulianExpirationDate 15214 Shouldn't it be "15039"? What is wrong? Am I missing the whole idea of Julian date. I realize there are many different methods to Julian date calculation, some of which include time...

Question about automatically changing the cell�s color
How could I make the cell changes its color automatically based on the type of information I enter. Thanks, for any help almufadda@hotmail.com ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Try Conditional Formatting (CD) For example: Suppose you want the cell's background color to change to light green if the value entered is > 10 Click on A1 Click Format > Conditional Formatting Set under Condition 1: Cell Value Is | greater than | 10 Click Format b...

Login Prompts
Hi, We have a SQL Server 2005 SSRS. It was running fine untill last week, Suddenly after the last weekend, when we try to login thru report manager, it is prompting for uid/pwd multiple times, if we hit ok 6 or 7 times, then it shows the home page, when we click on any folder, again the prompts for uid/pwd. Since we are in different domain than the SSRS Server, so Normallyit will prompt for uid/pwd at first time and then while navigating to any reports or folders, it won't prompt. Is there any security policy or setting, I need to look at. Thanks ...

Webcontrols.XML Cache Question
I am using the Webcontrols.XML control to parse an XML document into HTML using an XSLT. The control is dynamically created by the ASP.NET Page and is working fine except that it is always caching the XSLT. In production, this would be great, but during development, when the XSLT is changing all the time, this is a pain. Everytime we make a change we are modifying the web.config file (space or no space) and saving which refreshes the cache. Is there a way to programattically set the caching of the TransformSource to either be on or off? Thanks! Steve ...

Exchange managed content settings managed folder content settings
Hello running Exchange 2007 sp2. I am trying to figure out the connection or correlate between "managed folder mailbox policies" and "new managed content settings" It looks like I can configure all the managed content settings I need by configuring a managed content settings, and it's the managed content settings that I create as an administrator on one of the default folders that are actually taking action on the emails in the folder. The "managed folder mailbox policy" contains no settings and doesn't seem or appear to do much, but it n...

Binary Stream multi-facility with GP collections management?
Is anyone out there using Binary Stream's multi-facility processing module and GP collections management? We're looking into that and wanted to find out if any one else has already tried. MFP is not integrated with Collections currently. Binary Stream has no reported problems when using both. GP 10, SP3. Thanks. Hi Irishjamr, I'm managing our Multi-Facility Processing product here at Binary Stream Software. We actually have a module now that integrates MFP to GP's Collections Management Module where we can filter the relevant queries and data by Entity/Facility...

question about converting code to ADP
Hi, I am investigating converting my access 2003 MDE to ADP. I have heard that DAO cannot be used with SQL server. In terms of coding, does this mean functions where I pass references from a form (Me) cannot be used (isnt this DAO?) Also can form.recordset.recordsetclone be used? thx, David MDE file? You cannot convert MDE file since the text component of the code has been removed. In fact you can't even modify the design of an MDE file. -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access) "dp" <dp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E352CD0-F0BA-4301-A44E-6C9CB634E...

National Accounts in Receivables Management
I recently just learned about the "National Account" option in Receivables Management. I thought it sounded like it would be something that would work very well for us as we have several customer id's that are paid on the same check from the Main corporate office. I preceded to set up my National Account - check the option to allow receipt entry for children of the national account and selected my children as well. I went to apply my first receipt and picked the National Account ID that I set up and it is not pulling in any of my "child" invoice info. Can so...

Mailbox permission in Exchange 2003
Hi All, I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's mail. I suspect someone accidentally grant everyone to have privilieges to all the mailboxes. Need advise on how to remove everyone privileges in all the mailboxex to resolve this problems. Thanks. On Mon, 28 Nov 2005 22:34:01 -0800, Sim YF <Sim YF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > I'm having mailbox permission problems in my Exchange 2003 as all the >mailbox in my Exchange 2003 server can read each other's...

new user with easy question? not easy for me
this may be very very simple but for some reason i cant understand this. i have many many rows of information, and i would like to calculate the sums of say col 1, col 3, col 5, etc...but for each new row i dont want to have to manually revise each cell to say sum(a1+c1+e1, etc...) and then sum(a2+c2+e2, etc...) for hundreds of rows, this is very tedious. can someone help me? -- speakeztruth ------------------------------------------------------------------------ speakeztruth's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24028 View this thread: http://www.ex...

A Question on Subqueries
Howdy Folks, I have an involved request that is proving difficult for me, although I have a few ideas. Here is my situation: I have a table (that resulted from several previous queries) containing groundwater analytical chemistry data over the past several years. It holds almost 160,000 records and has the following structure: [tbl_minmax04_paredown] sys_sample_code sys_loc_code sample_type_code sample_date chemical_name calc_result reporting_detection_limit result_unit detect_flag year quarter historical_yn interp_qual comment For the purposes of clarification, sys_loc_code is the wel...

Simple Question: How can I determine what version I'm running
I'm running Microsoft Visual Studio.net Professional. The about box states: Microsoft Development Environment 2003 Version 7.1.3088 Microsoft Visual C++ .NET 69462-005-0573193-18248 I've have the following modules loaded ( I assume from the MS IDE): Microsoft.VisualStudio.VC 7.10.3077 12.50 KB (12,800 bytes) 3/19/2003 2:54 AM Microsoft Corporation c:\program files\microsoft visual studio .net 2003\common7\ide\microsoft.visualstudio.vc.dll mfc71 7.10.3077.0 1.01 MB (1,060,864 bytes) 3/18/2003 10:19 PM Microsoft Corporation c:\windows\system32\mfc71.dll mfc71enu 7.10.3077.0 56...

Mortgage Question #2
I can be a dummy sometimes..... Money 2004. Noticed I had 2 entries for my mortgage in Bills & Deposits. Only needed 1 right?, so I deleted 1 and both of them vanished!! What do I do? DO I have to recreate my mortgage loan account from scratch? How do I handle the payments I already made? Can anyone walk me through this? TIA Randy In microsoft.public.money, Randy wrote: >I can be a dummy sometimes..... > >Money 2004. Noticed I had 2 entries for my mortgage in Bills & Deposits. >Only needed 1 right?, so I deleted 1 and both of them vanished!! What do I >do?...

Restore mailboxes to another Exchange 2003 server
I have a single domain with two sites, one for the main office and one for the remote office. Each site has domain controllers, Global Catalog, and DNS servers. I put one Exchange server in each site. The users in each office only use the Exchange server on site. If in a case our main office is totally gone, is there a way I can restore the mailboxes for the main office users from the backup tapes to the Exchange server in the remote office? Any suggestions are highly appreciated. -- Yi On Wed, 23 Nov 2005 08:38:09 -0800, "Yi" <Yi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Integration Manager
We have recently installed GP10 Integration Manager with SP1. We have both financials and distributions, however after install we are missing the POP destination adapter and therefore cannot create or run any POP integrations? Has anyone seen this or have a solution? As far as I know, both the SQL Optimized Adapter (which is where the PO import was housed) and the Direct-to-Table adapters are no longer available. The 'e-connect' adapter did not include all of the destinations of the old SQL Optimized adapter. So in short, the POP import hasn't been replaced. If it has ...

Questions about exchange server 2000
Hi all, I'm new to the sys admin game and as with most jobs, been thrown in at the deep end. The company I'm working for has an Exchange 2000 server that is constantly getting spammed and trying to bounce mail back all over the place. As you can imagine, it's not doing much for the performance of things. I have set the server to forward all NDR's to me so I can see if they are simply just spam or mails that should be going elsewhere but either the person has left or an e-mail address has been entered incorrectly. What I would ideally like is for these messages to come di...

Yes or No question on dirty
I would like to have a message pop up when data is changed in a form with the action to follow. I know it has something to do with the property of "On dirty" If any control is changed in the "Employee" form is made, I should receive a message stating " You have updated information on this record. Do you want to save it?" The answer of "Yes" or "No" is selected and the action should happen with an exiting statment of "Update has been saved" or "update has not been saved" Use the form Before Update event: If Msgb...

node iterator question (simple)

unable to add additional mailbox
When I go to Tools, Services, Microsoft Exchange server properties, Advanced and click add to add an additioanl mailbox I get and error that the name coould not be resolved coould not find the name. This is happening in Outlook 98. It does not happening with the other profile that is on the computer. The profile that this is happening with has been removed and added again and still have the same problem. Is there a reason why this is happening and what can i do to fix it Yes i do have the right permissions for the mailbox. when i go the the accoount for the mail box I am trying to ad...

Is this mailbox sizes healthy for my users and exc2003
Hi My two biggest mailboxes in my exch2003 std + outlook2003 setup is 2.97 GB and 2.48GB and it is growing every day. My concern is obviously that something can happen to them and we all know what will happen. CHAOS. Those 2 mailboxes belong to the people in the highest positions in the business Question: I want to get the size down but what is my option. I heard 1000's of reasons why archiving to a .pst is bad. secondly, is it possible to create another "mailbox" for each of them and connect it to their original one so that they can drag and drop and bring the size down ...

Money 2003: "Get Online Statements" Hangs, have to use Task Manage
As of last night, when using Money 2003: When I try to update statements, etc.. Money hangs forever in this process. If I try to "Cancel" the update, it continues to cancel forever. I have to use "Task Manager" in order to shut down Money. Anyone know what I may need to do to remedy the problem? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, iBanker1824 wrote: >As of last night, when using Money 2003: >When I try to update statements, etc.. Money hangs forever in this process. >If I try to "Cancel" the update, it continues to cancel forever. I have to &g...

What are all these extra mailboxes for?
If I go into first Administrative Groups, Servers, MyServer, MFirst Storage Group, Mailbox Storem, Mailboxes, I see the mailboxes I defined, but in addition, I see three additional mailboxes: SMTP(MyDomain-{9D8977......}) -- this has a size of zero with zero total items System Attendant -- this has a size of zero with zero total items System Mailbox -- this has a size of 361KB with 401 Items Can anyone help by providing an explanation? --thx, Joseph Those are system mailboxes that provide a number of functions to Exchange. Best to just leave them alone. :) On Fri, 04 Feb 2005 00:...

Threads & synchronization questions
I am setting up a worker thread to read in a string from the serial port. I have everything set up and running in the thread (I think) and I'm ready to communicate this string to my foreground window somehow. I am thinking there are several ways to do this but I'm concerned about synchronization and memory allocation hidden glitches. Rather than wade through these problems the hard way I'm wondering if I'm making more of this than is necessary. My needs are rather simple (I think). I'm thinking that a something along the lines of: .. .. .. // string is read by now and...

Installing Business Contact manager for outlook 2003
Error message: Business contact manager for outlook 2003 requires file and print sharing to be enabled. Please enable this service and run setup again. How do I turn on file and print sharing ??? Is this done through Outlook? I Just reinstalled windows XP today! ...