Mailbox Manager #10

We have a recipient policy that's giving out SMTP addresses.  Now we decided
to implement a policy to remove emails on users' Deleted Items that are older
than 30 days.

So, on the current recipient policy, we added the Mailbox Manager settings
on the property page.  On the policy itself, we selected the action to Delete
Immediately for the Deleted Items that are over 30 days.  I also set it to
run on 12:00AM Sunday.

However, the result is shown below:

The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing
mailboxes
Started at:	2005-06-19 00:14:01
Completed at:	2005-06-19 00:14:25
Mailboxes processed:	0
Messages moved:	0
Size of moved messages:	0.00 KB
Deleted messages:	0
Size of deleted messages:	0.00 KB

It seems that it did not process any mailboxes.  Can anyone offer me
suggestions on this?

thanks.

0
wli2k2 (48)

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 13:35:02 -0700, wli2k2
<wli2k2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a recipient policy that's giving out SMTP addresses.  Now we decided
>to implement a policy to remove emails on users' Deleted Items that are older
>than 30 days.
>
>So, on the current recipient policy, we added the Mailbox Manager settings
>on the property page.  On the policy itself, we selected the action to Delete
>Immediately for the Deleted Items that are over 30 days.  I also set it to
>run on 12:00AM Sunday.
>
>However, the result is shown below:
>
>The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing
>mailboxes
>Started at:	2005-06-19 00:14:01
>Completed at:	2005-06-19 00:14:25
>Mailboxes processed:	0
>Messages moved:	0
>Size of moved messages:	0.00 KB
>Deleted messages:	0
>Size of deleted messages:	0.00 KB
>
>It seems that it did not process any mailboxes.  Can anyone offer me
>suggestions on this?
>
>thanks.

I would create a new recipient policy.

0
adavid (8731)

Outlook Express 03-20-10
Recenly installed Office 2007 trial (XP) now OE will only allow spell check in French plus a continual messge to comact files occurrs even after I have compacted Can someone help Cheers Answer 1: You no longer have spell checking capabilities in some languages in Outlook Express 6.0 after you install the 2007 Microsoft Office system: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932974 Outlook Express cannot use the MS Word spell check in Office 2007. Downloading a free spell check is the simplest way around this. Vampirefo Spell Check. Download it from Major Geeks: http://www.majo...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Version 10 info required
Hi All, Just wanted to know if Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 is out in the market , and is available to the users . Or likely date that it will be launched. Thanks in Advance Asma Version 10 is not yet out in the market. Developers have copies but VARs have not yet been issued demo copies. It is expected that this version will release in June. If you are considering the purchase of Dynamics GP, purchase and install V9. I never recommend new releases until after a few months of run time to work out the kinks. Anyone that purchases now will get the upgrade to 10 as part of their suppor...

Mailbox Permissions #5
Hi I recently migrated mailboxes from 5.5 to E2003. There was multiple mailboxes owned by one account. This account was a service account for SQL and was a member of domain admins. The Ex2003 wizard created seperate accounts for these mailboxes. What are the required permissions so that the original SQL service account can access these mailbox. or pointers to articles. Thanks ARaji "Raji Arulambalam" <rajia@ebopdotgovt.nz> wrote: >I recently migrated mailboxes from 5.5 to E2003. There was multiple >mailboxes owned by one account. This account was a service accoun...

Sending attachments using Business Contact Manager Mail Merge
I've just upgraded to Outlook Business Contact Manager 2003 and am trying to send an attachment to several contacts using the mail merge facility. When you click mail merge it takes you to Word, so I cannot understand how you attach a document to the message you have written. I'm sure it is very simple, I just need a little help please!!! Kate:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Mailbox move adds Deny Permission
Hi, Got a really weird problem, that we noticed after moving mailboxes from an older Exchange, to an Exchange Cluster. We have a helpdesk mailbox that the tech team accesses. Once it was moved, we could no longer gain access to it. Looking at the Helpdesk permissions (Exchange Advanced tab) I noticed that the Administrator, Domain Admins, Exchange Admins, etc. all have full control attributes (Greyed out), but now there is a DENY permission as well (Full Mailbox Access). I didn't add that permission....and cannot remove it...seems to be inherited from somewhere...but have no i...

Send and receive 09-08-10
Where can I find the 'send and receive' button in Vista and WLM. If you see a Sync button on the toolbar, that is the replacement for = Send & Receive. However, the latest beta version went back to Send & Receive. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) ------------------------------------------------------ "searcher" wrote in message news:i68nco$lpa$1@speranza.aioe.org... Where can I find the 'send and receive' button in Vista and WLM.=20 Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A...

Access 1.10 MDV file conversions to
I have an old Access data base that has never been updated over the last decade. I have been told by a consultant that the new version of Access will not convert this earlier .mdv files to the current format. Does anyone know if this is the case? I assume you mean MDB files, and yes, it's true that the latest version of Access (Access 2003) cannot open Access 1.x files. To be honest, I forget the last version that was capable of converting those files. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "todd@mcadamsbuilders.com" <anony...

Can message journaling be done on a single mailbox in Ex2000
Hi all, Can message journalling be done on particular mailboxes. Or is there any other way to get copied all outgoing & incoming of PARTICULAR DEPARTMENT employees to its manager's mailbox. Thanks in advance Ivar "Ravi" <ravialahan_p@yahoo.com> wrote in news:1108009914.921986.318760 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com: > Can message journalling be done on particular mailboxes. > Or is there any other way to get copied all outgoing & incoming of > PARTICULAR DEPARTMENT employees to its manager's mailbox. You'll either need an event sink or a third...

Report Manager Add In for 2003
I have upgraded laptop and Office software but cannot find the add in for Report Manager on this latest version. On 2000 it came on the disc, on 2002 I downloaded it from Microsoft site but the only download I can find now is the 2002 version and it does not appear to work. Running XP Pro. What has happened to it? Has it been replaced? the download didn't like my machine, had to put it on another then transfer. Sorted! >-----Original Message----- >I have upgraded laptop and Office software but cannot find >the add in for Report Manager on this latest version. On >200...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox Move Problem
We are currently running Exchange 2003 in a single domain/site on Windows 2000 platform servers. Although still in mixed mode, all of our mailboxes and public folders have been migrated to the E2K3 servers. In an attempt to isolate then fix a Blackberry problem, two months ago multiple users mailboxes were moved from E2K3 Server A to E2K3 Server B. Once the problem was resolved, our administrators began moving the mailboxes back to their original E2K3 Server/Storage Group/Mail Store. All of the moves were successful except for two. Each attempt to move these two mailboxes to their origina...

Worksheet Problem 01-04-10
So I have a couple of issues. I go to open up a file today and try to unhide two worksheets that were hidden, and they are gone. I can still see them in VBA, but cannot open them and they are not visible at all in excel. I also am having trouble inserting a new worksheet. All the options are they, but I am not able to select insert. Any help would be appreciated. CHeck to see if workbook protection is activated. That would prevent you from being able to add new sheets (or unhide). Also, in VBE, check to see if the missing sheets have a visible status of "xlSheetVe...

Conditional formula 05-12-10
trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: if a2 > 6, then e2 = 0 if a2 = 6, then e2 = 1 if a2 = 5, then e2 = 2 if a2 = 4, then e2 = 3 if a2 = 3, then e2 =5 this is for a golf scoring system. a2 values are hole scores and results are "handicap" point scores. Any help greatly appreciated Try this: =3DIF(A2>6,0,IF(A2<=3D3,5,7-A2)) Hope this helps. Pete On May 12, 4:14=A0pm, desmond1412 <desmond1...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > trying to construct a formula for the following for the same cell: > if a2 > ...

error when deleting mailbox in exchange 55
Hi, i am having problems when trying to delete a mailbox in my exch 55. i receive the error c1040af4. does anybody know how to solve it? ...

Import 10-03-03
I am having a problem importing leads. I have a simple lead file: Topic, Fname, & Lname. it is a CSV file. When I try to import, I get a system error in IE. I've imported leads before without a problem. The only thing that has changed is the addtion of 1 custom field in the lead form. I don't have access to customersource because we got the software for free at a seminar on CRM. Any help would be appreciated. kevin@ecomppo.com what is the error kevin? also when you added the custom field to the form etc i assume you published the change through deployment manager and res...

Managing Data Table
Hi, I need help to wrap the tex in Data Table. If any one knows how to do it, please let me know. Thanks for your help in advance. Yogesh Hi Yogesh What version of PowerPoint are you using? What kind of table is it and how did it get there (e.g. insert -> table, or a table connected with a graph)? If it's a graph, is it an Excel graph or an MSGraph graph? Lucy -- Lucy Thomson PowerPoint MVP MOS Master Instructor www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au "Yogesh" <Yogesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F68FDA89-6289-4341-8886-54C580...

Catch-All Mailbox
I would like to be able to create a mailbox on an exchange 2003 server that will receive all messages to a particular domain rather than an email address or addresses. The domain will be enitrely seperate from any of those we currently use so it should not interfere with existing messages. I am comfortable with the domain setup (mx records etc) setting up our messagelabs service and the various other steps, the only bit I am unclear on is exchange. I know how to add a new domain on the exchange server but this just adds it as an available alias to all users, what I need is a domain that ...

Default Mailbox Rights
Hi All, Is there a way to restore the default mailbox security or to adapt the inherit security from the parent when viewing the Exchange Advanced/Mailbox Rights. Everyone has Full Mailbox Rights and the tick box is gray I've made a screendump with the rights http://www.emro.nl/trouble/mb_rights.jpg Thnx Emiel On Thu, 17 Nov 2005 12:50:13 -0800, Emiel Wieldraaijer <Emiel Wieldraaijer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Is there a way to restore the default mailbox security or to adapt the >inherit security from the parent when viewing the Exchange Advan...

Adding links to the manager taskpad
Hi, Trying to find out if it is possible to add custom links to either the store or HQ manager taskpad, and if so how. The HTML pages can quite easily be edited to add a href but then how to actually fire off an add-on? For example the 'Items' screen in the Store manager taskpad has the HTML line <a href="createnewitem">New Item</a> how is "createnewitem" used to fire off the Create New Item screen? thanks dave I would also love to know how the taskpad works in this respect. I was thinking of running the RMS Manager as a ...

Integration Manager to multiple companies
I am trying to determine if it is possible to create an integration using IM with e-connect adapter from one source (data file ) to multiple companies in Great Plains. Right now it is required to run the integration several times and sometimes errors (end user) occur. We are trying to avoid this situation. If anyone has suggestions I woudl appreciate it. -- Patti typically....NO There are a few master tables with triggers available so that records imported there can be copied to others...but only a few. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for So...

Multi term search in Business Contact Manager with outlook 93
I have set up the Business Contact Manager add-on with outlook 2003 to track information on trade services I use from home. Is it possible to do multi term searches. E.g. Builders located in London with fax numbers ...

Calendar Control 10
Hi all. Does anyone happen to know the location of the Calendar Control 10 on the MS site (or any other). Spent ages running in circles looking for this and I really don't like the MS Date & Time Picker. Cheers Anto. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I've never used it, but Ron de Bruin has a link at the bottom of this page: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm This is the link: http://www.fontstuff.com/vba/vbatut07.htm Ron has some sample code on his site, too. "Anto <" wrote: > > Hi all. > > Does anyone happen to know the ...

how do I insert sequential numbering on a sheet of 10 pages?
-- Morrell http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

IF function 05-21-10
I have a list of numbers in column A. Some are formated in 'red' color and the others are 'black'. How do i format column B so there is an 'X' next to the numbers that are 'red' and nothing next to numbers that are 'black.' Thank you I would take the opposite approach. I'd put an X in the adjacent column or leave it blank, then use Data|Validation to color the cell near it. gudencough wrote: > > I have a list of numbers in column A. Some are formated in 'red' color and > the others are 'black'. How do ...

System Manager install only
I am trying to install Exchange System Manager tools only on my laptop so I can maintain the exchange server while I am on road. I notice, it won't install unless the laptop is part of domain. Is there a workaround to do this? I dont want my laptop to be part of my domain. Thanks alot I don't think you can do this.... You could use Terminal Services on the server instead, and the remote desktop client to access it from your (or any) computer. don wrote: > I am trying to install Exchange System Manager tools only on my laptop > so I can maintain the exchange server while I ...

Move Exchange mailboxes from one Domain to another.
Okay, this is the scenario... I got called in to fix a big mess. I am not the one that set this up! (Just wanted to clear that up. ;)) Windows 2003 network.. 2 Domains Domain one: Active Directory DNS DHCP File Server Domain two: Active Directory DNS Exchange Both domains are under separate forests. The person that set this up setup duplicate user accounts under both domains. Why he didn't put the exchange server under the same domain, I have no clue. I just figure he didn't know what he was doing. So what I have is everyone logging in to Domain one to do their everyday work ...