Mailbox limits exceeded message

 hello all--

Is there any way (short of an event sink) to change the message below?  This
is what the users get when they've hit the warn limit on the mailbox
store...
Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator.
Your mailbox size is 70133 KB.
Mailbox size limits:
        You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 50000 KB.
        You cannot send mail when your mailbox reaches 60000 KB.You may not
be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size.
To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using
or move them to your personal folder file (.pst).
Items in all of your mailbox folders including the Deleted Items and Sent
Items folders count against your size limit.
You must empty the Deleted Items folder after deleting items or the space
will not be freed.
See client Help for more information.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

0
Joe

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:14:08 -0400, "Joe L." <.@.com> wrote:

> hello all--
>
>Is there any way (short of an event sink) to change the message below?  This
>is what the users get when they've hit the warn limit on the mailbox
>store...
>Your mailbox has exceeded one or more size limits set by your administrator.
>Your mailbox size is 70133 KB.
>Mailbox size limits:
>        You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 50000 KB.
>        You cannot send mail when your mailbox reaches 60000 KB.You may not
>be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size.
>To make more space available, delete any items that you are no longer using
>or move them to your personal folder file (.pst).
>Items in all of your mailbox folders including the Deleted Items and Sent
>Items folders count against your size limit.
>You must empty the Deleted Items folder after deleting items or the space
>will not be freed.
>See client Help for more information.
>

>Thanks in advance!
>
>Joe

This will explain why changing the message will change your bank
balance:
http://blogs.msdn.com/exchange/archive/2004/04/20/117024.aspx

0
mark7219 (5666)

Mailbox moves to Ex2003 don't remove 5.5 mailbox
I have moved several hundred mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 server running on Windows 2000 to an Exchange 2003 SP1 server running on Windows 2003 without any issues. However, lately I have moved two mailboxes (seperately) and have run into a problem. The Move Mailbox wizard shows a successful move and the mailbox does appear in the Exchange 2003 server, but the mailbox also appears in the Exchange 5.5 server. So, there are two mailboxes for a single account. I have reviewed article 299473 which seems to describe what is happening (although I have not used Replmon.exe to confirm this...

Unread deleted messages
Hi, [Outlook 2003 SP1] When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to change this behaviour? Thanks, Jan Roelof jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com <jr_de_pijper@hotmail.com> wrote: > When I delete messages without reading them (obvious spam, for > instance) they show up in my "Unread Mail" folder. Is it possible to > change this behaviour? The "Unread Mail" folder is not actually a true folder. It's a search folder which just displays all unread messages no matt...

No content in message field anymore
For the last two days when I open my email client I see no content in the message field. Each email is blank with an attachment paperclip in the upper right hand corner. When I click the paperclip I have the choice of a txt file (which will not open up) or an htm file which will open. This is driving me crazy and I don't want to get rid of windows mail...any suggestions on how to fix this? Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. =20 Try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/...

Import raw MIME messages
Hi, Is there a way, or utililty, to import raw MIME messages into Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express? I would like to preserve the base64 encoded attachments, too. I have searched Usenet newsgroups with Google Groups, and I have searched SlipStick.com. I just cannot finding anything, but I cannot believe there is not an existing solution. Thanks, Lee You might want to try Redemption http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/ (will require the ability to write code on your part). "Lee C." <noSpam@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:tKudnTxM_OkMLTfcRVn-sA@comcast.com... > Hi, Is...

Exchange 2000
Hello, Does anybody know of search tool that can perform the following: 1. Search the Mailbox store directly, i.e., M: 2. We are interesting in search for From, To, Subject and Body and if possible attachment contents. 3. We would like to do one pass on the information store so we wish to be able to build a multiople search query, i.e., a) Search for "John" b) Search for person@domain.com c) Search for "HELLO" d) etc... 4. We would like to then be able to copy our findings to a folder or something.... It seems that the built in searchin...

macros are disabled message but macro security is low
I just installed Office 2003 and am trying to record/run macros in an Excel worksheet. I can record a macro, but when I open Tools/Macro/Macros..., the Edit, Create, Delete, & Options buttons are grayed out. The Run and Step Into buttons are active, but when either is clicked, a message "Macros are disabled because the security level is set to high......" is displayed. The secruity level is NOT set to high, however. I have tried every setting from high to low, with no effect on the error message. Any help would be appreciated. This is the first time I have tried to us...

Attachment guideline or limit for lists
Can anyone tell me the guideline or limit that Microsoft recommends for attachments to a list iitem. I know there is a 2,000 guideline for number of items in a list. Is there any documentation from Microsoft that shows how adding attachments to lists degrades performance for viewing and searching in SharePoint? Thanks for any help on this. One slight correction... it's 2000 items in a view, not a list. You can have thousands of items in the list. Just try and keep your views to less than 2000. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine...

modeless message window in a regular dll?
Hello community, I have written a regular dll that should just show a status window. The problem is that I have no control over the application calling the dll. The application should not be aware of the status window. The window should just be modeless (it shouldn't block *any* application GUI) and it should show a status message. If possible, it should have a Close button. The dll uses a worker thread for requests from the application and it uses a UI thread for socket operations. Note that I use MFC in the dll (which could make it more comfortable to create the window - or - on the ot...

Colour code messages only to me
Hi I am running Outlook XP. There is a rule that can be set to colour code emails that are sent only to me, but what it actually does is colour code emails that only have me in the To: line of the email. If an email is sent to me and CC's in someone else, the rule treats this as a mail sent only to me. How do I set the rule so that it colour codes a message sent solely to me? Thanks in advance ...

To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages.
This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have never used Outlook Express. "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may take up to a few minutes." "Rufus Chaney" <RufusChaney@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47B333C7-3076-4788-A23F-652B389F9A3B@microsoft.com... > This is driving me crazy. How can I get rid of this message? I have > never > used Outlook Express. > > "To free up disk space, Outlook Express can compact messages. This may > take > up to a f...

WM_COPY message not being passed to controls deriving from CEdit within an ActiveX control
Hi, As stated in the subject, I have some custom edit controls classes in an ActiveX control. I can enter text and interact with the edit controls without any problems except in the case when I try to Copy/Paste/Cut/Clear through the key shortcuts Ctrl-C/V/X/B. Nothing happens when I press those key shortcuts, because the control itself never receives a WM_COPY/WM_PASTE/WM_CUT/WM_CLEAR message. Does anyone have any idea why these windows messages would be filtered out or simply not sent by the parent? Is there a more elegant solution that to override the OnKeyDown handler of the parent wind...

Wrong message displayed
If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go back to read the message, it shows one message, no matter which one I select. It doesn't display any of the other messages. Where might this 'archive' folder be located ? 1. Storage folders 2. Email account If 2, is this a pop3, IMAP, or Hotmail(Http) account ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Marlon Medina" <MarlonMedina@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93E6F96B-3619-4491-ADEA-DC84385C3374@microsoft.com... > If I move messages to another folder (archive), then go bac...

email error message
I opened my windows mail earlier and I had a genealogy program CD in my drive E (that I had just installed). Ever since then - whenever I try and open an e-mail... I get a popup error message that says "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive E:. ) At the top of the box it says.... WinMail.exe - No disk- If I click Cancel or Try Again - the same box keeps popping up. If I just click continue - I can open the email. How do I fix this - it is very annoying to have it pop up with every email. Thanks so much! It happens when you try to open an emai...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

Messages Forwarded as Attachments Appear Blank
Hello, I am running an Exchange 2003 Org, with mixed Outlook XP/2003 clients, all on the latest service packs. I have one client (our CEO) that when he receives forwarded email from outside the organization, the forwarded message shows up as an attachment, but when he opens the attachment, it is displayed as a blank email (no to, from, cc, subject, body, or anything). I have checked the AV logs on every "AV for Email" gateway from the source to the destination, and I don't see anything getting stripped from the message. I have also checked all the AV servers, and made sure...

OE Message Download Problems
I opened OE 6 and closed it while the program was still downloading messages. Though the download completed, I am unable to locate the messages on my computer or on the web-based email server. Any ideas as to where the files may be located on my machine? Thanks. ...

Limit selected area
After a sequence of operations I finish up with the desired result within a new spreadsheet. I wish to save this as a file. But the whole spreadsheet seems to be selected. How do I limit the area selected to just the part of the spreadsheet in use, before I perform the Save As operation? Thanks Brian Tozer Brian That is how Excel saves. The entire workbook is saved. If you want a selected area of one worksheet or just one worksheet of many, you would copy that to a new blank workbook and save that workbook using the Save As. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 09:44:55 +1200, &qu...

How to add multiple message senders to the blocked list automatica
-- Steve ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=5597e420-8dc2-4fc5-88df-130a7cc9fe32&dg=microsoft.public.outlook ...

Messages from Children ?
Hi guys, What's the best way to handle this: I have a CWnd derived class that I use as a child window in either a dialog box or a CWnd-derived view; and I want to handle mouse message that occured within the child. I can put mouse messages (OnLButtonDown, etc.) in the child then route them to the parent but then parent won't know which child sent it. Or, I can make a custom mouse handler in the parent, like OnChildLButtonDown() that the child would call with it's ID but that seems a little sloppy. I'd like to do it like the notification messages other controls send like CEdit...

move Mailbox #7
Move Mail Box fails becasue of having lot of courrtion in mailbox. but mailbox opens sucessfully in outlook and i can read all the emails from outlook. Hi, The mailbox move manager will give you a report (you have to check this before you hit 'finish'). It will show tell you the corrupt items in the mailbox - their subject and location. You can then get the user to delete them, before re-running the move. Alternatively you can just set your corrupt item count to be the 'same +1' as the total number of corrupt messages in the mailbox. If the user can open and read...

Newest message arrives first
When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered first. I want the oldest message on the server first. How do I change this? Thank you. "Main Nerd" <Uphome@ranch.com> wrote in message news:0D273E59-B4AF-48B0-B0A8-C32372EFC943@microsoft.com... > When I click "sync" the newest message on the Verizon server is delivered > first. I want the oldest message on the server first. How do I change > this? > Why are you seeking this behavior? All of your new messages should arrive within seconds, and ...

Delete Messages Folder Outlook 2003
When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get the following message: -- "This messanging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart outlook."---- I have restarted outlook several times and have re-booted my computer a few times and I get the same message. Can anyone help me to resolve this situation? Ted Jamison <Ted Jamison@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I try to emptly the 'Delete Files' folder in outlook 2003 I get > the following message: -- "This messanging interface has retu...

Input text message (dialog box) for data validation
Hello all: This may sound idiotic to some, but I've already been wasting too much time with this option, and am looking for some guru insight. I am trying to input text into the Data Validation Text Box that looks something like this: ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Q3) Was this a prospective or retrospective analysis or study documenting the effects of XYZ that compared and reported the data in the Marketing Strategy Program? a) Yes b) No c) This appears to be a concise comparison, but ot...

-ERR mailbox could not be opened
Windows 7 Ultimate x64; Windows Live Mail Client; all updates applied. Have 1 'Hotmail' & 2 'Live' accounts, all set up in WLM using pop3.live.com / smtp.live.com settings. Been working fine up until yesterday. One of the 'Live' accounts will not sync anymore. Error message as follows (account name masked out): --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Unable to send or receive messages for the Live (*************) account. An incorrect password was entered. The next time you send or receive message...

Avg. Mailbox size for Mid-size company
I am tasked to find the average mailbox size of a general Exchange end-user in a mid-size company that is equivalent to one that I work for: 700 to 800 employees with approx. 550 to 600 email accounts. We are trying to come up with a policy to “encourage” people start cleaning out and deleting unimportant items and archiving the important ones from their inbox and sent items box. Since implementing Exchange 2000 (which was migrated from Groupwise), our storage has grown exponentially in the last two years! We have people that have not cleaned out their inbox in the last five years, ...