Mailbox Full - Increase Mailbox Size - Slow to Update

When a user's mailbox is full and the storage limits are increased it takes
at least 15 minutes for the changes to take effect. After making the change
I do go into AD Sites and Services , NTDS Settings and choose "replicate
now" between the 2 Domain Controllers. But it still takes too long for the
changes to go into effect. Running Exchange 2003 with 2003 AD.

Thank-you.

0
emer777 (10)

On Thu, 12 May 2005 09:08:34 -0400, "Kevin" <emer777@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>When a user's mailbox is full and the storage limits are increased it takes
>at least 15 minutes for the changes to take effect. After making the change
>I do go into AD Sites and Services , NTDS Settings and choose "replicate
>now" between the 2 Domain Controllers. But it still takes too long for the
>changes to go into effect. Running Exchange 2003 with 2003 AD.
>
>Thank-you.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=327378
0
adavid (8731)

Slow outlook after new server
Hi I have recently replaced a very slow sbs server with a super dooper dell sbs server. I exported the outlook stuff into pst files before disconnecting the old server and then imported the pst files back into outlook after connecting the new server. The problem is clients are complaining of slow outlook response specially on one particular pc. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards That depends on the definition of 'slow response'. If you want faster delivery of email internally (like, if 30 seconds is too slow), then turn off cached mode in Outlook. If...

recipient update service #5
Hi all When itry and create abother recipient update service on my 2003 sp1 server i cant, i get an error ("invalid argument") also when i go to the properties of my existing recipient update services for enterprise and domain I do not see the properties, all is see is the general, object and security tabs. I have two exchange 2003 servers that srte in the same admin and routing group, I get the same issue on the second server. Would running domain prep or forest prep help resolve this issue? Many thanks Hi Skip Why do you need to create a new Recipient Update Service? The...

Cannot Update Prices Online
I can no longer updated prices online. I use 2003 stnd. When on Portfolio page, if i click on Update Prices on the left, the only option I now have is Update Prices Manually. There is no longer any option for Update Prices Online. Also, on the home page if I do click the Update Online Quotes link, all it does is refresh my related investment charts on the home page. This has worked with no problem as long as I can remember. I cannot think of any changes or updates I have made to the software or options... Standard Edition? In use for a year now? Read the License Agreement (Hel...

How to increase an entire collumn by a certain percentage?
I have a collumn of dollar amounts that I want to increase by a certain mulaplier, say 35%. Is there any way to do this? The collumns are on average 30 rows long, with various amounts. In an empty cell somewhere type 1.35 (for 35%). Then do the following: 1. Select and copy that cell with 1.35 in it 2. Then select the column of numbers that you want increased by 35% 3. Click Edit/Paste Special 4. Under Paste, select "Formulas" 5. Under Operation, select "Multiply" 6. Click OK "Josh" wrote: > I have a collumn of dollar amounts that I want to increa...

Drivers for percentage increase
I am trying to set up a driver to include in my budget profile so that my managers can select the percentage from a driver and see on each budget line what the outcome will be i.e staff costs may be calculated at 150,000 but if I used my driver to calculate an increase of 3.5% that would change the staff costs to 155,250. Can anyone help? Regards Jo I am not sure what you question is but this may help:- In cell A 2 I have 150,000 In cell B 2 I have 3.5% In cell C 2 I have:- =(A2*B2)+A2 - and this returns 155,250 to cell C 2. If my comments have helped please h...

Update one table from another

Won't configure updates...
I am able to install updates, and actually get a "pending" message beside the updates in the Update Manager. But when I restart my computer, I get a 0% installed message next to the 3-3 updates etc. then a message that the updates weren't configured correctly. I'm about ready to punt, any help is appreciated. CrystalBall© sez... Free unlimited installation and compatibility support is available for Windows Vista, but only for Service Pack 2 (SP2). This support, originally scheduled to end 26 November 2009, has been extended until 26 February 2010. A...

Update MSN Services with Money 2007
How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 Deluxe version ??? Thank you. Bye. Paolo B. Italy In microsoft.public.money, Paolo B. wrote: >How can I update the Portfoglio and Accounts on MSN with MS Money 2007 >Deluxe version ??? Transactions that you enter yourself into Microsoft Money 2007 would not be forwarded out to MSN Money. This keeps that info on your own computer. For institutions with their own OFX servers, you would have to set up those accounts to download into MSN Money also. Accounts where the data comes in via "third party" ...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

Can't install windows updates on SBS 2003
I have a SBS 2003 server that has not been updated in a couple years. It has SP2 installed but when I run Microsoft Update it needs to download and install 96 updates. When I try to get them installed it comes back with an error saying not enough disk space. I have tried to just install 1 update at a time and get the same error. The C:\ drive has over 14GB of free space and the other drives have plenty of space as well. I restarted the server and also ran Disk Cleanup, as the error message reccomends, but am still having the same problem. Anyone run across this problem befo...

sizing
In excel, if you use the "forms" toolbar to make a "check mark-box, how do you change the font size while you are changing the information. For example, when you click on the box with the check mark- a little icon says "check box", when you change the wording, how do you change the font also? If you need better explaination let me know.. Thanks! Don't think its possible. For one work-around, try this macro by Bob Phillip: http://tinyurl.com/eute "Nicole" <mnicole0@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:c93f01c38217$f639d5f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... &...

Increasing Extended Description?
What about increasing the extended description? It now holds 256 characters. What would the impact be if increased to 1000, if that's even possible. -- Thanks,Jan Don't change the field sizes in the database. You'll regret it sooner or later. In the database, Item.Extended Description is a ntext field anyway, which means it will hold as much text as you can type. The POS & Manager interfaces may limit the data entry or display areas, but the data base has an unlimited text field. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com...

2003 Outlook email only downloads headers, not the full message
When I attempt to open an email I receive " This is a message header. The full item has not been downloaded." At INBOX, ALT CTRL-S >SEND/RECEIVE GROUP>All Accounts>EDIT >displays an option to display headers only or the entire message including the attachment. In the grayed out area, I can see that a dot in the display headers only section. Due to the gray out I cannot chooose the alternate selection. How can I access the alternate choice? Which mail account type are you using? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft O...

Mailbox needs reducing
We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no limits, it's now 11GB!! Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and do it, can Exchange do it? In news:euNRN1iPHHA.404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Gonzo <no@no.com> typed: > We have this mailbox that has been left for months and with no > limits, it's now 11GB!! > > Ho can I trim in down, I don't really want to go into the mailbox and > do it, can Exchange do it? Presuming you're not on 5x or earlier, you can use mailbox management policies to get rid of items ol...

E-mail box sizes. Echange System Manger.
Hi. Now and then I need to find out the size of the various e-mail boxes in Exchange2000. The problem is that the size indicated in the Exchange System Manager do not reflect the same size when you look into Outlook. Is the a way to figure out the correct e-mail size? If not. Is this better in Exchange2003? Thank you in advance. DagN I'd consider the Exchange value to be the most important given this is what will be used for mailbox quotas, etc. Nue "Dag N" <skier@start.no> wrote in message news:OjCaWfjLGHA.2320@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi. > Now and then ...

Setting the default font and font size for Excel comments
Hi, Do you know how to set the default font and font size in Excel for the cell 'Comments'? I have looked in Options as well as in the registry to see if I can change the default from Tahoma (size 8) to another (i.e. Arial size 12). Your help would really be appreciated. Thanks, Clint - UK ...

Mailbox permissions #17
I have a bit of a mess with a mailbox that receives all messages that clients send through our web site. Everyone except one person has this additional mailbox open within Oulook. The remaining person I can't seem to get the permissions down. I myself have it added on my desktop. The only reason I think I can expand the mailbox is because I'm in the enterprise admin, domain admin, and exchange admin groups. When I look at the properties of the mailbox, my account has "None" as so does this other employee. When I click on my account, the employee's account wo/ ...

Exchange 2003
I've set up a policy that deletes items in the "Deleted Items" folder that are 7 days old (no size limit). For some reason Mailbox Management finds no deleted items. See the email I receive below... The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2006-02-25 00:08:58 Completed at: 2006-02-25 00:08:59 Mailboxes processed: 0 Messages moved: 0 Size of moved messages: 0.00 KB Deleted messages: 0 Size of deleted messages: 0.00 KB The information store is 82 GB's big...there is no way there are no deleted items. I've had this pr...

disable mailboxes
We have a number of Windows users whose Windows account has been disabled. Now the exchange server reports error events for each of those users, because the mailbox is not associated with an active user account. Short of deleting the mailboxes, is there anyway to get Exchange to (reject the mail and) not report error events for those mailboxes. (david) David, Please see: http://www.msexchange.org/articles/NoMAS-Tool.html and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278966 -- - David Aschmann MCSE: Messaging, Security+ "david epsom dot com dot au" wrote: > We have a number o...

"Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store" option problem
I want to backup the all message sent or received by mailboxes, I find that there is an option "Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store " in Exchanger 2003. I had selected this option and forward to public folder. But I found that not all message will be archived. - All message sent by mailboxes can be archived - Some Messages come from mailboxes will not be archived Eg: yahoo, hotmail, and other company Is this option not archive this message ? Any other setting need to configure ? Dennis ...

Taking a loooong time for new mailboxes to appear.
Hello, We have a tool which creates a batch of mailboxes, then logs into each one via MAPI to migrate old messages. Today we ran the tool and mailbox-enabled 300+ mailboxes in one go. Although the Exchange tabs were present and the SMTP address was filled out on each user in ADUC, the mailboxes didn't appear in ESM until about an hour later. How is that possible? Manually running RUS didn't help either. We've got one DC and a separate E2k3 server. Thanks, - Alan. Any RED errors in the event logs on that Exchange box during that time> "Alan" wrote: > Hello, ...

Copy of all in/out mail in another mailbox
My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails of all the mailnboxes in another mail box to check what other emplyees are sending and receive. Is it possible in MS Exchange 2000 or 2003, if yes how? Yes, it's possible. See this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF011.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "Jaffar Ali Sayyed" <jaffar@maruetechnologies.com> wrote in message news:045f01c3c862$f2d436d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > My management in intrested to receive all the in/out mails > o...