Mailbox/Folder Sizes

Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and
Folders?

Thanks,
Jeff

In news:fejk42tj37tcaq1s2j3k2qmn20m91nt7gd@4ax.com,
Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> typed:
> Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and
> Folders?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

In ESM, you can see the size of each mailbox, but it won't break it down
into subfolders.

0
lanwench (7567)
4/22/2006 3:41:59 PM
you can see the sizes from "Mailboxes" in the ESM...you have to drill down
from Administrative Groups, to Servers, to Storage Groups, to Mailbox
Stores...but from there you cannot see the size of individual folders...

"Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and
> Folders?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

0
sconkey1 (47)
4/22/2006 3:45:37 PM
"Susan" <sconkey@nospam.mgmmirage.com> wrote:

>you can see the sizes from "Mailboxes" in the ESM...you have to drill down
>from Administrative Groups, to Servers, to Storage Groups, to Mailbox
>Stores...but from there you cannot see the size of individual folders...

Thanks for the info.  I was really hoping to see individual mailbox
sizes.

Jeff

In news:s0nk429h71pm835t5rcl17s2990tmc3m6g@4ax.com,
Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> typed:
> "Susan" <sconkey@nospam.mgmmirage.com> wrote:
>
>> you can see the sizes from "Mailboxes" in the ESM...you have to
>> drill down from Administrative Groups, to Servers, to Storage
>> Groups, to Mailbox Stores...but from there you cannot see the size
>> of individual folders...
>
> Thanks for the info.  I was really hoping to see individual mailbox
> sizes.
>
> Jeff

Open the mailbox(es) in Outlook, and you can do this. You would of course
need full mailbox rights, or need to know the user's credentials.

I'm not sure I'd be all that concerned about this. Who really cares *where*
people store things in their mailboxes? All I care about is that they don't
exceed the quotas I set up for them - and then they can arrange/re-arrange
things to their heart's delight.

0
lanwench (7567)
4/22/2006 4:46:16 PM
He may be looking into this for performance reasons as it is the number
of objects rather than mailbox size that contribute to poor
performance.

James Chong

Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
> In news:s0nk429h71pm835t5rcl17s2990tmc3m6g@4ax.com,
> Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> typed:
> > "Susan" <sconkey@nospam.mgmmirage.com> wrote:
> >
> >> you can see the sizes from "Mailboxes" in the ESM...you have to
> >> drill down from Administrative Groups, to Servers, to Storage
> >> Groups, to Mailbox Stores...but from there you cannot see the size
> >> of individual folders...
> >
> > Thanks for the info.  I was really hoping to see individual mailbox
> > sizes.
> >
> > Jeff
>
> Open the mailbox(es) in Outlook, and you can do this. You would of course
> need full mailbox rights, or need to know the user's credentials.
>
> I'm not sure I'd be all that concerned about this. Who really cares *where*
> people store things in their mailboxes? All I care about is that they don't
> exceed the quotas I set up for them - and then they can arrange/re-arrange
> things to their heart's delight.

0
jamestechman (1266)
4/22/2006 8:27:42 PM

In news:1145737662.217459.9760@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com,
jamestechman@gmail.com <jamestechman@gmail.com> typed:
> He may be looking into this for performance reasons as it is the
> number of objects rather than mailbox size that contribute to poor
> performance.
>
> James Chong

True, but I guess I'd probably wait for people to complain and then go look
at it in Outlook. My users have generally been warned about this anyway.

> Lanwench [MVP - Exchange] wrote:
>> In news:s0nk429h71pm835t5rcl17s2990tmc3m6g@4ax.com,
>> Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> typed:

>>> Thanks for the info.  I was really hoping to see individual mailbox
>>> sizes.
>>>
>>> Jeff
>>
>> Open the mailbox(es) in Outlook, and you can do this. You would of
>> course need full mailbox rights, or need to know the user's
>> credentials.
>>
>> I'm not sure I'd be all that concerned about this. Who really cares
>> *where* people store things in their mailboxes? All I care about is
>> that they don't exceed the quotas I set up for them - and then they
>> can arrange/re-arrange things to their heart's delight.

0
lanwench (7567)
4/23/2006 2:43:04 PM
I hate to disagree with my esteemed colleagues, but the great Glen Scales
had something a few years back.

http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/glenscales/mreport1.asp
http://www.outlookexchange.com/articles/glenscales/mreport2.asp

That should help you.

Nick

"Jeff Grossman" <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible for me to see the size of each users Mailbox and
> Folders?
>
> Thanks,
> Jeff

0
nick5968 (262)

How to reduce page size for proof
I have a 20x24 inch publication. I want to re-size it to print A4 on my desktop inkjet to proof before sending it off to be printed full size. I can't figure out how to do this. I am new to Publisher but fairly comfortable in Pagemaker. Thanks for the help. Create a pdf file and then print the pdf file. A pdf creating program is as valuable as a pdf reader. If you don't have one, many folks here like the free primopdf found at www.primopdf.com My preference is the modestly priced PDF-XChange found at http://www.docu-track.com The first listed program will probably do for y...

Folder List does not display files and folders
Under View, Page is selected with Toggle Pane set to Folder list. No folders or files are displayed. There are files in the default folder called My Web but I'm not able to see these in Folder List. Please can you advise? Thank you in advance. Have you opened a website using File->Open web or File->Open Site ? The file list will be blank until a website is opened in FrontPage. The folder My Documents\My webs is a website. -- Ron Symonds Microsoft MVP (Expression Web) http://www.rxs-enterprises.org/fp Reply only to group - emails will be deleted unread. ...

Rehome Public Folder
Is there a simple way to check where a particular Public Folder is homed? We are in the process of consolidating the folders on one server and then creating replicas. On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 12:47:02 -0800, pscottlee <pscottlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a simple way to check where a particular Public Folder is homed? We >are in the process of consolidating the folders on one server and then >creating replicas. It's on the properties of the folder if you're in 5.5. In 2000 and 2003 the folders aren't homed You could use PFMigrate.wsf tool, w...

How to Deliver to multiple exchange mailboxes.
Hi. Im new on Outlook and Exchange. Could someone tellme how or where can i find information about howto configure Outlook to receive emails from several web email accounts from Internet and deliver to their respective local mailboxes on Exchange Server. Im the only one who has access to Internet, and I have access to several web emails accounts. sistemas@evacolors.com, ventas@evacolors.com, compras@evacolors.com And Id like to deliver the new mails received on those accounts to to their local email account respectively. Web Email Exchange mailboxes siste...

Mailbox rights not being inherited?
Hi, I seem to have a developing problem whereby when we create a new mailbox or user the mail service permissions are not automatically inherited straight away and can take a number of hours to be assigned to the mailbox. Has anyone seen this before, if so how do we fit it? I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 (Native mode) in a Windows 2003 Domain (Native) environment. I've had a look around and havent been able to find anything of use. Marcus On Fri, 5 Aug 2005 06:06:04 -0700, "Marcus Dempsey" <MarcusDempsey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I seem t...

System folders in Shortcuts
Using Outlook 2003, a few months ago I managed to add folders and programs from my C: drive to the Shortcuts pane in Outlook, like my C:\Templates folder, and Notepad, and a few other things. Now, I cannot remember how I did it, and I'd like to add some more. Drag and drop doesn't work. How do you do it? Many thanks. Larry Wahlers Concordia Technologies The International Center The Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod St. Louis, Missouri USA Ah, sheesh. My buddy showed me, and yes, it's drag and drop. You just have to drop it *right on* the word Shortcuts for it to work, not somewh...

Hide a Folder
Is it possible to alter the hidden attribute of a folder and if so how? Thanks in advance. hi Bobby, On 07.04.2010 17:30, BobbyBob wrote: > Is it possible to alter the hidden attribute of a folder and if so how? Use the FileSystemObject to get a folder and change its attributes: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hww8txat%28VS.85%29.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/f1xtf7ta%28VS.85%29.aspx http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/5tx15443%28VS.85%29.aspx Either use late binding Dim fso As Object Set fso = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObjec...

Public Folders permissions (?)
I have looked at the MS Knowledgebase articles without a clear solution to my problem. Our environment: Windows 2003 AD (mixed mode) and Exchange 2003 SP1 (native mode). Using Outlook or System Manager I cannot add permissions to a distribution group (universal) to a specific public folder. Individual users are not a problem. I tried a combination security, local domain & global without success. Errors: The modified permissions could not be saved. The operation failed ID No 80004005 There's a hotfix available for Exchange 2000 but I don't think it appl...

Column sizing
On my chart, I have data for 12 months and then a rollup for the year. Because the rollup column is so large, the chart is automatically adjusting for the largest column. Is there a way I can put a "break" in the year column so that the individual months will display relative to each other rather than relative to the year column? I'm using Excel 2007 "CJ" wrote: > On my chart, I have data for 12 months and then a rollup for the year. > Because the rollup column is so large, the chart is automatically adjusting > for the largest column. Is there a way I...

Exchange 5.5 Public Folder Question
Can one create an autoreply on a public folder so that when a message is sent to it's smtp address, that a notification reciept is sent? A company I'm doing some consulting for is asking for this very thing, and I'm not sure if it can be done. Any ideas would be great! -L (From Outlook Help) Create or modify a rule for a public folder You must have Owner (Owner permission: With Owner permission you can create, read, modify, and delete all items and files and create subfolders. As folder owner, you can change the permission level that others have for the folder. This pe...

How to organize my document folders in alphabetical order
My document folders were in alphabetical order which is the way I want them. Without my help, My Microsoft Publisher system changed the locations of my folders to a dated system. I want to change it back to alphabetical order, but don't know how. Please help. haywardcan wrote: > My document folders were in alphabetical order which is the way I > want them. Without my help, My Microsoft Publisher system changed the > locations of my folders to a dated system. I want to change it back > to alphabetical order, but don't know how. Please help. =========================...

Printing from Outlook folder
I made a rule that when I receive an email from a specific persons it goes to different folder and prints. Now I want that the folder will print to a specific printer, example: Folder a will print to Printer A and Folder B will print to Printer B and if possible without the headers. Is it possible and if yes how ? No, that's not possible. Outlook has no such settings.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users...

Move Schedule+ Free Public Folder
Hi, I am having trouble with my Exchange migration. How do I migrate Schedule+ Free Busy Information Public Folder I tried to Replicate it but it doesnt want to. I need that folder replicated because that is the folder responsible for Outlook client to see if the person is available or not for meetings. K. Hi JAA, To move the public folder you add a replica of that folder to another server. Wait a sufficient period of time (overnight) then remove the replica for the old server. 307917 XADM: How to Remove the First Exchange 2000 Server Computer from the Site http://support.microsoft...

Outlook and searching on the Public Folders
Hello, I would like to ask the function of Advanced Search on the Public Folders. When I find any items in the Public Folders search results are only from the folder where I have started to find. But there are no search results from its subfolders - even if there are some items which correspond with the selected search criteria. Could you anyone advise me - is there any possibility to search current folder and also its subfolders? Thank you. Pavel S. Search only works on one public folder, not across multiple Public folders. (It also only works on one message store at a time, but will sea...

Activities in Specific Folders #2
In Outlook 2003 I want to be able to search e-mails in the activites tab of contacts. However I have thousands of saved spams (for the purpose of training Spam Bayes). Is there a way to tell Outlook to only search for activites in my "Legit Mail" folder and not waste time searching through spam? ...

Access Mailboxes
I am trying to access some mailboxes on our Exchange 2000 Server. I have gone into AD and gave myself full mailbox priveleges. When I add the mailbox to my outlook I am still getting a unable to display folders error message. Any suggestions? did you follow this? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;262054 "Patricia" <harcourtmudd@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uThcXPXgFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I am trying to access some mailboxes on our Exchange 2000 Server. I have > gone into AD and gave myself full mailbox priveleges. When ...

move to... mailbox root folder lost message
If I right click a message from my inbox, and choose move to folder... and choose the root of the mailbox tree the one with the outlook today view and move the message there it appears to be gone forever. Can someone tell me how to get that message back? thanks oh, you right click and under home page tab uncheck show home page by default :/ scottevansh...@googlemail.com wrote: > If I right click a message from my inbox, and choose move to folder... > > and choose the root of the mailbox tree the one with the outlook today > view > > and move the message there it appea...

Public Folder Replication. Help
When I try and create a replica on exchange server EX-3 the folder shows up but not the content. If I right click the folder in the Public Folder Tree and select replicate content I get a window where I can choose source and destination. In source I choose EX-1 and in the destination I choose EX-3. This generates a Backfill Replication message. If I track this message it goes to EX-2 and stops. It never makes it to EX-3. Please reveiw details below. All Exchange servers are running 2003 w/sp1. I have 2 Sites in site "A" there is one server(EX-1) which contains the only Public Fold...

No ping but can see folders and drives
I have two PCs Windows XP Pro and XP Home, both SP3 Two are connected by wireless router Thomson TG585 v7. Local printer is attached to Pro Both Pro and Home can print and access Internet. Pro emails MS Office Home email Outlook Express Pro can see and access Home files Home can see Pro Drives but can not see its folders/files. Warning say \\Pro\\Data (D) is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resouce. But both D: drive and its folders has been set for sharing and to allow network users t change the files. Pro and Home can not ping each other. This is ...

Top 100 Mailboxes by Size #2
Hi all, I am newbie to this Exchange server, as per my project requirement i require performance object and counter for the "Top 10 Mailbox's by size across all the Exchange Servers under management". i gone through this link http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3MgmtPakGuide/7acebaa2-6725-46a8-b049-421d6e93ed25.mspx?mfr=true in this i find one Script which calculate Top 100 Mailboxes by Size. but in this all are user defined performance counters and object. so can u sort out me in brief and Is there any performance counter to find the value of ...

Importing data into public folders
I am trying to get my old calendar data into a public folder i can copy the items one by one but that is taking to long is there anyway to get a pst or data file into a public folder I know i can copy the calendar folder into public folder but then it has a folder inside of a folder just trying to create one calendar folder "TOG2005" wrote: > I am trying to get my old calendar data into a public folder i can copy the > items one by one but that is taking to long is there anyway to get a pst or > data file into a public folder In news:0797FD35-C581-48A4-9E15-D5AEFB...

add users and mailboxes from command-line?
I am hoping that someone can point me in the right direction. I need to be able to add mailbox enabled users from the command-line. I think this can be done with LDIFDE and/or CSVDE. Is there a way to do this using dsadd or adduser? Craig Drake HOWTO: Create a Mail-Enabled User with CDOEXM in Visual C++ http://support.microsoft.com/?id=293339 HOW TO: Create a Mailbox-Enabled Recipient by Using C# .NET http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313114 Otherwise you could use the utilities you stated to create the accounts and then highlight them all in AD Users and Computer...

comments font size
plz help I have to increase all comments font size, in excel 2007 in win 7. 1000 comment! how can i increase all comments font-size. without making change one by one?? tnxx -- y.ranjbaran Sub FormatAllComments() 'www.contextures.com\xlcomments03.html Dim ws As Worksheet Dim cmt As Comment For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets For Each cmt In ws.Comments With cmt.Shape.TextFrame.Characters.Font .Name = "Times New Roman" .Size = 12 End With Next cmt Next ws End Sub Gord On Wed, 29 Feb 2012 06:57:21 +0000, y.ranjbaran <...

reading Pane is a pain
Hi, Anyone know how to Permananently set the text size so that it stays larger all the time? In the reading pane? Not the message, nothing but the reading pane. On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:19:00 -0500, "GreenGoblin" <none@none.com> wrote: >Hi, >Anyone know how to Permananently set the text size so that it stays larger >all the time? >In the reading pane? Not the message, nothing but the reading pane. > Howdy, I am not sure what you mean by the "reading pane" but would suggest that you go to it and then click on View | Current View | Customize Cur...

Navigation Pane font/icon sizing
How do you increase the font size in the navigation pane from 8 to 14? I have been able to set the font size in the inbox (pane) and preview pane to font size 14 but can't figure out how to to that in the navigation pane. Thanks There is no separate setting for this. Instead of modifying each and every font, it might be better to change you general DPI settings in Windows. For details see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/fontsizecolor.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo,...