Mailbox Folder Access

I understand how to grant permission to a single user's
mailbox.  However, can I grant that access centrally from
one location, rather than touching every AD account?
0
anonymous (74722)

I haven't used it, but see http://www.symprex.com/excentre/fpm.htm

Or send out a simple email to users explaining how to do it.

JOHN wrote:
> I understand how to grant permission to a single user's
> mailbox.  However, can I grant that access centrally from
> one location, rather than touching every AD account?

0
lanwench (7567)

Opening Access Database from Internet Explorer
sWe currently have a site where we can upload files and then a user can access these files. Currently we have an access database which when you click on the link you get the option to either save it or open it. When you click Open the Access database opens just fine on the machines that have Access 2003 but not the case for the machines that have Access 2007. At first I thought it was because I was trying to open a .mdb on a machine that has Access 2007 but then I created an Access 2007 database and the same error when I tried to open it through the site. Is anyone aware of c...

Mail Enabled Public Folders #4
We use Public folders for e-mailing our clients (Blood Bank) Exchange 2003 SP1 W2k3 server, Outlook 2003 clients SP2, WinXP SP2. I have a folder for each blood type and each folder is mail enabled. We have contacts posted in each folder, there are so many contacts in some of the types that we put them in Distribution Lists. For each type there is a master DL with other DL's alphabetically to get around the 100 object max. The problem is I can no longer send to the master distribution list or any of the sub category DL's. I can send a message to the public folder and read it...

Advanced Find not searching sub-folders of shared Mailbox
I'm using Outlook 2003 to access my mailbox on an Exchange 2003 server (SBS2003) and the shared mailbox of another user. When using Advanced Find on the other mailbox it doesn't search sub-folders but it does on my mailbox. Is there a setting I'm missing? Lester Bennett You're not missing anything. That's a design limitation.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ht...

EXMERGE.exe ... security access to mailboxes
I am trying to recover mailboxes on failed Exhange 2000 server using EXMERGE.exe. I am able to run tool and see mailboxes but logs show userid does not have acces... I am using Administrator account which has SAVE & RECEIVE access as per EXEMS error message/corrective action. I still can not access any mailboxes. Any ideas as to how to resolve? I have added Administrator account to Exhange/Domain Admins... whatz up? thanks... grant First, remove the Admin account from the Exchange Domain Servers group (I'm thinking this is what you meant). Reason: the admin has an inherited d...

Access 2007-Create Custom Menu
Hello, I've been searching all day and is still unable to find what I'm looking for. I was upgraded to 2007 and have converted my Access 2003 database. I figured out how to customize (using XML, go me) the Ribbon to only display the tools I want the users to use, but for the life of me, I can't seem to figure out how to add a menu to it. For example, I want to have a menu that lists a bunch of reports. This is the code for my Ribbon: <customUI xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2006/01/customui"> <ribbon startFromScratch="tru...

make dvd/cd from pictures in email folder
how do i go about moving pictures to a folder and copy of pictures to a dvd or cd? appreciate any help given. -- lillyinsolon ...

Access 2010 Observation
I'm bugged. I just finished watching a video where Ryan McMinn, "Program Manager for the Access Team" at Microsoft demonstrated lots of new features Access2010 has for web/sharepoint use. The first demo he did showed how easy it is to add "calculated columns" to a table. Hello? I was under the impression that "calculated columns" shouldn't be stored in a table--yet, there he is, showing how easy it is to come up with a new field for "days in-between" start date and end date fields. So, I guess now it's "okay" to...

Folder permissions not inheriting from parent (Server 2008 R2) ?
I am having problems with sub folders/files not inheriting the permissions set on a top level folder. I have a top level folder c:\foo which is set NOT to inherit from parent, and I select copy the permissions from c:\ when I untick inherit. I then add a number of user permissions to that folder, checking the Replace permission entries on all child objects..... check box. If I reopen properties/security/advanced security for foo the permissions are set correctly. If I create a file in foo, this has the correct permissions. If I create a folder bar in foo, this inherits the use...

Converting .ost from ANSI to UNICODE during mailbox moves
One of the majore benefits of E2k3 sp2 that we are looking forward to as a result of our migration are the improvements in OAB downloads for cached mode users. The reading I've done says you must be running in Unicode mode in order to take advantage of these new features. Currently, all our mailboxes are on 5.5 servers, thus their cached mode .ost/.oab files are ANSI. When a mailbox is moved, they remain ANSI. MS KB article and ORK suggest that the solution is to use the Outlook Group Policy setting Exchange Unicode Mode - Ignore OST setting. I've been experimenting with th...

Helpdesk to create mailboxes
Hi, I would like to have the users in the helpdesk group create user mailboxes, but not have permission to edit the quota of the mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Sp2. I thought I did this on Exchange 2003 without a service pack without a problem. Now when I create a helpdesk user or group they always have an ability to modify the quotas of that mailbox. Is there still a way to do this? Thank You Cos1 ...

MS Access Copy record to another table based on a form input 10-08-07
Hello. I have 6 Tables, all with identical fields. I want to copy a record from one table into another table, which table depends on what table is selected in a form. So if the table names are One, Two, Three, Four, Five, Six, and the record that I want to copy and insert into another table has been selected by a query in a form. I want the form to direct where to insert the table. So if the form has table Two selected (from the drop down list) then it should insert the record into table Two. If the form has table Four selected then it should insert it into table Four. The table the record is...

Reset all users mailbox limits to default policy
What process can I run to change all Exchange users mailbox storage limits to reflect the default policy for the store their mailbox resides on? I have a mix of users who have manual storage limit settings but would like to change all back to default settings with out having to address each user indivdually. Thanks, Brian bjorgenson@charter.net wrote: >What process can I run to change all Exchange users mailbox storage >limits to reflect the default policy for the store their mailbox >resides on? I have a mix of users who have manual storage limit >settings but would like to ch...

flagging items in public folder
hi, I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? "JA" <jalvord1@comcast.net> wrote: >I have set up a public folder, however users cannot flag any items other >than their own? If i create a sub folder, they can flag any item within that >subfolder. Thoughts, comments, suggestions? Permissions? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm Don't send m...

Project Center Access Not Working
Our Admins and PMs are getting the following message when they access the Project Center. "Project Center cannot access the project(s) you are trying to view. It is most likely that you either don't have permissions to view the project, another user has deleted this project(s) before you were able to view it or that another user is in the process of publishing the project" It works sometimes, but most of the time we get this message, we can get it to work if we keep refreshing or changing views that has less data to show. Does anyone has any idea on how to fix thi...

Access 2000 front end/back end
Hello all, I have an access database front end that is linked to a back end. I cannot remember where I put my back end. Is there a way to find out where my back end is? (We are talking databases here!) Thanks g Ha! I found it!! g ...

Two problems: Printing PPM image and accessing the generic Print Preview when using static MFC window
Hi, I can print IPicture objects with no trouble (drawn with Ipicture->render). But when I do it with PPM/PNG drawn with StretchDIBits I can see it on the screen and also in print preview, but the printed page is empty. Is it possible to do it, or can I wrap my BYTE array containing the image into an IPicture pbject and draw it through IPicture->render? I also have trouble with print preview in static MFC DLL. When I click print preview a warning window appears (with an empty string) and I can click OK and it ignores my attempt to open print preview. In debug mode it says there was an a...

OPenign an Excel sheet form Access
Hello everyone, I would like to open a shared excel spreadsheet on our server by using a button from Access. Can I use the runApp macro for this? If so what do I need to do...I have little experience with macros. Thanks. Add a button to your form add an onclick event and then enter the following code application.followhyperlink "c:\...\...\...\excel.xls" obviously replace the "c:\...\...\...\excel.xls" with the path and filename of the excel file you wish to open. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault "Amanda" wrote: > Hello everyone, > &g...

Can't access Contacts when Sendin Email
Sending email =96 can=92t get to contacts I have two newly installed Outlook 2003 on two separate computers. I thought I installed them tin the same manner. But I get different results when I attempt to add recipient names in the send field. In each case, in the respective =93contact=94 section, I have a list of names and email addresses laid out the same way. When I click in the =93To=94 field on a new message, each brings up a =93Select Names dialog. But on one, the =93Show Names From List=94 box shows =93contacts=94, with t= he Contacts listed below, permitting easy entry...

How do I Excel formula =LEFT(A2,LEN(A2)-3) in an Access Query
I need to delete the last 12 characters (phone number) from a field that contains names and phone numbers. Lou Are you asking how to do this in MS Access? If so, take a look in Access HELP re: Mid() function and Len() function. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is offered "as is", with no guarantee as to suitability. ...

Access via the Web
How can I take my Access Database and make it web based? Thanks! Ty "Ty" <Ty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5CE50DA9-310D-4CED-9DAA-5D3DFE9AACF3@microsoft.com... > How can I take my Access Database and make it web based? > > Thanks! > > Ty You can no more use word to create a database then you can use ms-access for the web. It just simply the wrong tool..... If you REALLY do need a web based system, you not be using ms-access, but will have to adopt some web development tools. you can however *deploy* your application to users over the ...

Non-Outlook access to old O2k .pst
I have about 670 mb of old messages in the Outlook 2000 .pst files on my 'old' pc. Cannot afford to license Outlook on my 'new' pc. I can/will put the O2k files on the 'new' pc, which runs Win7 HP-64 OEM. How can I access them there if/when I need to dig an old Email out? Any/all help/suggestions much appreciated. Puddin' "Law Without Equity Is No Law At All. It Is A Form Of Jungle Rule." "Puddin' Man" <puddingDOTman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fd5j16dvhp8m2lps6q6dl3cjq3r8nt71kn@4ax.com... > > I have about 670 mb ...

Deleting ODBC data files relating to Access 2007
I had Office 2003 on my machine with some Access database files. The machine was reformatted and Office 2007 was installed. This caused some problems with the existing database files. I then created some using Access 2007. I then reverted back to 2003 and that made things worse. The bottom line is that Office 2007 has been reinstalled and I'm sticking with it. The problem is that there are a few ODBC data files that will not delete. I go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) Shortcut. The files will not delete. I'd appreciate any help or ...

Restrict user access to their own records and associated entities
Hi all, I have a user - and they can correctly 'see' only their 'Contacts' But I have created other entities - lets say a 'product' that all users can see. And as each 'Contact' can be interested in more than one 'product' and each 'product' can have more than one 'Contact' interested I've created another entity called 'ContactProducts' to link the two. It basically has only two fields, a referential 'lookup field' to each of 'product' and 'Contact. The entities ('product' and 'ContactProduc...

Use Folders for E-mail
I organize my e-mail message into folder by client or topic. When I look at a message in the "sent items" folder it is shown under the name of the person to whom I sent it. However, when I drag that same item into a client or topic folder it is now shown under my name, apparently since I was the sender. Is there a way to force the dragged item to keep the same name as it had in the sent items folder? Chuck Humphrey All you have to do is switch the view on the client or topic folder to "Sent To" -- that's the view used in the Sent Items folder by default. -- Jocelyn...

Possible to open folder instead of url ?
ISV.CONFIG This doesn't seem to work, is it somehow possible to get it to open a folder instead for url ? <Home code="home"> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 1" Url="file://c:\windows\" Id="navIsv1"/> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 2" Url="http://investor.msn.com" Id="navIsv2"/> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 3" Url="http://autos.msn.com" Id="navIsv3&q...