Mailbox enabled user #2

I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I
launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this
user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while before it actually shows up
in Exchange? or is there trick to expedite the process. Thanks for your
help.

Chow.

0
Cody

On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:04:27 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote:

>I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I
>launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this
>user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while before it actually shows up
>in Exchange? or is there trick to expedite the process. Thanks for your
>help.
>
>Chow.

Send the mailbox an email or open it Outlook.

0
adavid (8731)
6/2/2005 9:09:11 PM
Sent an email to that new user and see
the mailbox would be created

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Thu, 2 Jun 2005 17:04:27 -0400, "Cody" <none> wrote:
>
> >I have created a new mailbox enabled user in windows 2003 AD, but when I
> >launch System Manger on Exchange 2003, I do not see the mailbox for this
> >user in the mailbox store. Does it take a while before it actually shows up
> >in Exchange? or is there trick to expedite the process. Thanks for your
> >help.
> >
> >Chow.
> >

> Send the mailbox an email or open it Outlook.

0
VINOTH (2)

Converting to PDF #2
I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Do I need to upgrade to Publisher 2003 or can this be fixed? While in a state of ecstasy after repairing his laptop, Ed sees a message from Banks <Banks@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I lose my hyperlinks to email addresses when I convert from Publisher > 2002 to a .PDF in Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional. Publisher sends printable information to the printer driver. As you cannot click a hyperlink on a printed piece of paper, Publisher doesn&#...

Mailbox on Exchange Front-End Server
Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 2003 Front-End Server? When you make Exchange a FE server, it then assumes all internet protocols are to be proxied to the BE servers. It can't proxy to itself. If you put mailboxes on it, only MAPI connections could reach them. Depending on your deployment, there may be security implications of allowing that. Can you? I think so. Should you? Probably not. William "John Blake" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19f8501c44d87$e00c6950$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Can you create a mailbox on an Exchange 20...

Problems with public folders #2
I am having two problems which may or may not be related. 1) In System Manager when I try to view or work with the public folder tree, I get the following error "The token supplied to the function is invalid", ID no:80090308. I cannot see any public folders or manage them at all after that. 2) Whenever anyone clicks on send/receive in outlook 2003, they get the following error "Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F):'The operation failed. An object could not be found.'" Does anyone have an idea of what the problem is for either...

How do I add vertical lines to separate columns in Outlook 2003 #2
In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated ARe you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mschwartz asked: | In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray | vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in O...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

Swedish characters in the Display name #2
I have a problem with Swedish characters in the senders' names on outgoing e-mail. Previously we have formatted the display names like: Last name, First name This is causing problems for some external recipients, since their e-mail program reads this as two addresses (Last name as one name and First name as another) I tried changing the display name for one user to "First name Last name" instead, but then the Swedish characters are not shown when he/she sends an external e-mail. Example: "Åke Jönsson" becomes "Ake Jonsson" or "Åsa H...

Print 2 receipts when selling item with rebate?
Is there any way to program rms to print multiple receipts on particullar items, for example I sell an automatic pool cleaner that has two differant mail in rebates and we always supply the customer with duplicate receipts Victor Out of the box, no. The easiest way is to train cashiers to use the Reprint function when they need a second copy. The other option is to configure the receipts to print 2 copies every time, but that's probably a waste of paper. I'm pretty sure this could be accomplished as a customization using the HTML status bar and QSBridge, but you would need a ...

Identifying other users
I am looking to display a message box, automatically, to identifying any other users currently accessing a privately networked excel file when that file is first opened. So that in the event of a 'read only' scenario they know who to contact. A share option is not appropriate in this particular case. ...

2007 Schema Prep #2
I extended my AD last night for 2007 and have a few questions to verify it was successful: I have a root domain (domain.local) that houses my schema master and a child domain (domain.net) that has Exchange 2003. I ran setup /prepareAD then ran setup /preparedomain: domain.net and both said they completed successfully. However, I was expecting to see the new OU (Microsoft Exchange Security Groups) in my child domain. It is present in my root domain. Is that all correct? In my child domain I now have a new global security group call Exchange Install Domain Servers. Last thing, the D...

Formula query #2
I am trying to identify a formula which will add and then display th number of times a number appears in a range. For example, the range looks like this .......A...........B............C 1...1110......1110.......1114 2...1110..... 1111.......1111 3...1111......1112.......1110 4...1111......1113.......1111 The numbers which appear in the applicable range e.g. 1110, could b any number between 1110 and 9999 and as such I cannot simply predefin which number to look for. I am hoping the output could like as follows: .......A........B 1....1110....4 2....1111....5 3....1112....1 4.....

if formula #2
i have this formula in a cell D3 =IF(A1="F",B1&B2) how can i make it multiple for example i want to add this IF(a2="G",B1&B3) in D3 also. thanks Either - =IF(AND(A1="F",A2="G"),B1&B3,) =IF(OR(A1="F",A2="G"),B1&B3,) Regards. Bill Ridgeway Computer Solutions "jaypee" <jaypee2cool@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:O3NhGKIhGHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >i have this formula in a cell D3 =IF(A1="F",B1&B2) > how can i make it multiple for example i want to add this IF(a2="G&q...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

Reminder is not work in default folder #2
I used as follow coding to send email to outlook client(outlook 2000): ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''=AD'''''''''''''''' Dim ll As New CDO.Message Dim bb As New CDO.Configuration bb.Fields(cdoSMTPServer) =3D "nc80012" bb.Fields(cdoSendUsingMethod) =3D cdoSendUsingPort bb.Fields.Update Set ll.Configuration =3D bb ll.Fields.Append "urn:schemas:mailheader:x-mess=ADage-flag", adBSTR _ ...

POP3 & IMAP4 services #2
Hi there, I got problems on starting POP3 & IMAP4 services. Recently they cannot be start after my exchange server restarts. At the beginning, POP3 cannot be start automatically, later it's IMAP4. After I can start them manually after the server has been completely started, I check event viewer, I found the server did try to start IMAP4, but got error "An error occurred while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x80040a01." At the same time, an event also there, "Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service (Build...

Deny Access to Mailbox
Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific users? Essentially my problem is that I want to prevent dom admin A from being able to read dom admin B email from either Outlook or directly from the server. Thanks. neither domain admin should be able to access the other's mailbox...what version of Exchange? do they have SA explicitly or via a group? "Tyler" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:008b01c3b8f4$20379370$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Is there any way to deny access to a mailbox for specific > users? > > Essentially my ...

allow user to highlight field on form
I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used to input comments about the the person and has several memo fields. The user wants to be able to highlight a field if the information is important and needs to be highlighted to other users of the system. I cannot use conditional formatting because the decision to highlight the field is made by the user depending on different circumstances. Any help would be appreciated On Mon, 3 May 2010 16:52:01 -0700, aussiebob wrote: > I have a database which records info about disabled people. One form is used...

2 accounts being sent under one address
I currently have two accounts in my Outlook 2000. xxx@provider.net & PPP@provider.net. The PPP@provider.net is the primary account. When sending an email from the xxx@provider.net, it still shows as the PPP@provider.net address, so in turn I get any replies to the xxx@provider.net back to the PPP@provider.net. Is there any way to make the reply address or the address of sender shown to the xxx@provider.net account? You said you had 2 accounts. You then listed 2 email addresses. Those are not the same thing. Clarify your post. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "jeepstr9" ...

Compare 2 Worksheets Create a 3rd depending on results
I have a unique problem that none of the other posts or shareware seems to solve. I have 2 worksheets (orig.xls and new.xls) that are 15 columns wide (to the "O"). The data is just numbers but the second column either has the words: "new" or "cancel" which is important as you will see. I need to compare the two worksheets and create a third worksheet (update.xls) depending on the three possible results: 1) If a row is removed in the new.xls file = copy the row from the orig.xls file and make the 2nd column "Cancel" 2) If a row is added to the new.xls...

Printing Externally #2
That works great...except it word brings up a message box stating tha Word is currently printing, if you exit, you will cancel you print.....and if i click no, so i dont close word, it still doesnt wan to print...any suggestions???Thank -- tess45 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- tess457's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1393 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26662 There's a setting in MSWord that allows you to do background printing. I've turned this off--so Word do...

money 03 same funds in 2 accounts
I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have the same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for 2 accounts. Any thoughts ? See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=59. "Fruehauf2000" <fruehauf2000@aol.com> wrote in message news:20041201213351.11419.00001421@mb-m29.aol.com... >I have 1 tax defered account and 1 non-tax defered account. They both have >the > same mutual fund in them. Money won't let me use the same symbol twice for > 2 > accounts. Any thoughts ? ...

OT: Trend Micro WFBS SP2 beta starting 2/15/10
Anyone interested in helping to improve the WFBS product should join the beta...and all future ones. https://www.trendbeta.com/index.php?get=356&content=554 Gregg Hill -- Gregg's pet peeves: First of all, what does a peeve look like, and why would anyone want one as a pet? Peeve #1: Apostrophes: when in doubt, leave them out! You will be correct more often than not. Its = Belonging to it. For example, "Look at the sky. Its color is blue." It's = It is. For example, "It's hot today." It's = It has. For example, "It's b...

How to exclude one user from being affected by mailbox limits.
Hi, We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like the manager to have a 500MB limit but we can't find anything that would exclude him from being affected from the limits. Can someone shed some light on this for me please? Thanks for your help, Jamie In news:5ACF0054-7FAB-45B8-89D4-41F4359376A2@microsoft.com, Jamie Tanner <JamieTanner@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi, > > We are using Exchange 2003 Stadard Edition. > > We have put a 300MB limit on the mailbox store. However we would like...

Exchange 2003 Enterprise and several mailbox stores
Is there any limitation on how many mailbox stores in a administrative group you can create? For now we have 4 mailbox groups and 1 public folder, when trying to create one more Mailbox-group i get this errormsg: This storage group alreday contains maximum number of stores allowed. ID no: c1034a7a I thought that Enterprise edition had no limit. Kind Regards Peter Kulinski You can create up to 4 storage groups, each containing a maximum of 5 stores. Enterprise Edition has a limit of 20 stores. The 'no limit' you've heard about probably applies to the sizes of each of t...

Front end server with mail boxes??? can it be done #2
sorry for the late post... i have 50 users "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote in news:ehG8e.8669$c93.2155@trnddc08: > sorry for the late post... i have 50 users Why? Are you going to have back-end servers? Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org Archives: http://groups.google.com "joel" <joelbueno@verizon.net> wrote: >sorry for the late post... i have 50 users No. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

the same outbound SMTP address for multible users
Hi group Her is a tricky one Is it possible to configure Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails seems to be comming from the same sender SMTP address e.x. info@domain.com when the sends email outside the organisation (not internal) it must be done on the server level and not in Outlook using "From" field Thanks in advance B.Hansen MCP Denmark On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 21:25:12 +0100, "Bjarne Hansen" <bhansen1@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi group > >Her is a tricky one >Is it possible to configure >Microsoft Exchange 2003 recipients so the emails see...