Mailbox authentication problem!! Please HELP!!!

Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000.
I have a user that has lost the ability to connect to the exchange server
through outlook.  I can reconfigure the mail support and the user shows up
properly when you check the name.  The user can login to the domain properly,
but the message pops up wanting proper authentication when for the exchange.
I can put in the proper username and password, but only the local folders
will open up.  I have reset the user account through Active Directory, but
with no luck.  Through exchange I can see the users box with the folder size
and number of emails.  If I delete the user account within Active Directory
then it wants to remove the mailbox as well.  What can I do to create a new
account while reassigning the mailbox without loosing any of the current
data?
Thanks for your time.
0
Tom7430 (437)

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Windows 2000 Server with Exchange 2000.
> I have a user that has lost the ability to connect to the exchange server
> through outlook.  I can reconfigure the mail support and the user shows up
> properly when you check the name.  The user can login to the domain
> properly,
> but the message pops up wanting proper authentication when for the
> exchange.
> I can put in the proper username and password, but only the local folders
> will open up.  I have reset the user account through Active Directory, but
> with no luck.  Through exchange I can see the users box with the folder
> size
> and number of emails.  If I delete the user account within Active
> Directory
> then it wants to remove the mailbox as well.  What can I do to create a
> new
> account while reassigning the mailbox without loosing any of the current
> data?
> Thanks for your time.

Tom,

Assuming you have not changed the default settings, deleted mailboxes are
retained for 30 days by default, after you delete them (either by removing
the mailbox itself, or deleting the user account and mailbox at the same
time); you can verify this by going to the properties of the Mailbox Store
in Exchange System Manager, and checking the Limits tab.

Once you delete the user and the mailbox, go into Exchange System Manager,
navigate to the Storage Group/Mailbox Store, right click, and chose Run
Cleanup Agent. You should now see the mailbox in the list with a red "X"
through it.

Now, you can create a new user account in AD (just the user; don't chose to
create a mailbox at this time). Then, go back into System Manager, right
click the mailbox with the red "X" on it, and chose Reconnect. This will
allow you to reconnect the mailbox to the newly created user account.

Bryan

0
bryan_nyce (21)
12/28/2006 5:41:28 AM
Does it work if you open the mailbox in Outlook on another computer?

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)

_thiscall problem
Hi There! i am facing _thiscall conversation problem, while this below given code... could somebody suggest me some work around to solve this problem [code begin] #include <iostream.h> typedef int wxCoord ; template <class T> class CTextDropTarget { private: bool (T::*m_pt2CallbackFunc)(wxCoord x, wxCoord y); public: CTextDropTarget(bool (T::*pt2Func)(wxCoord x, wxCoord y)); virtual ~CTextDropTarget(void); virtual bool OnDropText(wxCoord x, wxCoord y); }; template <class T> CTextDropTarget<T>::CTextDropTarget(bool ( T::*pt2Func)(wxCoord x, ...

Help on personalized "slope" function
I have just found a personalized slope function and I don't understand how it works. Can you help me ? note: the "SLOPE" function is set in CELL CC187 Slope(Volume1;Volume2;Cost1;Cost2) =ARGUMENT("Volume1";1) =ARGUMENT("Volume2";1) =ARGUMENT("Cost1";1) =ARGUMENT("Cost2";1) =RESULT(1) =(Cost2/Cost1)^(0,693147180559945/LN(Volume2/Volume1)) =RETURN(CC187) HOUR REVENUES PERFORMANCE 10 � 88 � 8,8 20 � 123 � 6,2 SLOPE: 0,5 Note: PERFORMANCE is da REVENUES/HOUR Nell'esempio riportato i valori ...

local and external address problem
Hello I've got one problem with exchange 2000 At configuration Outlook 2000 with use Exchange Serwer and outisde mail account. During sending a massages in this outside account(it's a default mail box), massage was marked as exchange local name (for example user@exchange.local) In result the receiver see local address and don't know what is sender external account (address) When I try force sending massage with external address (in field from) exchange write the error " you have no permission to send massage uses this account". How can we resolve this? Thanks for he...

Outlook help #3
Hello All! I need your help on something..I keep getting this error code and I don't have a virus and I have done all the updates necessary for Office, so what can I do now? I don't have the installation diskette, so I am not sure what to do at this point. Here are the messages I get.they are both the same except the titles change on them: "dw.exe-bad image Or outlook.EXE-bad image The application or DLL C:\Windows\System 32\imm.32.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette." This usually happens when I am in Outlook ...

Match & Index function
Hello - I am trying to use the Match and index functions together. Typically, I have been able to match and pull in the data without a problem. But now that I am using a text file that I export into excel, I am running into problems. Basically, the formula won't work (even though I have tried trimming the data, changing all columns to text, general, and number. The only way that the formula works is when I copy and paste the actual reference cell into the reference array from the range that I am seeking to pull in the data. So for example, my formula reads: =INDEX(Sheet2!B:B,MATCH(Shee...

file download problem from paf file in email, plus missing system.ini
hi, if alan edwards is out there anyplace please contact me for help. this is jennifer. shortly after you helped me last, my computer crashed completely. in leaving my email address posted under the discussion board, i got swen from letting my daughter use the computer while away. i had to carry it to the man who made the system(i am disabled), and he had to reload it all, and lost most everything, including your address. i am trying to either re-download a paf file which is a big geneology file, or open the copy on here under my documents. somehow, it still shows under my documents, but...

Exchange 2007 "Legacy" mailboxs on NEW users
Everything is fine with the Exchange 2007 server added to our network that also l has Exchange 2003 running on the SRV2003 domain controller. <except> When we create a new account and specifiy a new mailbox on Exchange 2007, the mailbox is created on Ex2007 but is marked as a Legacy mailbox. It can be fixed by moving it to Ex2003, then back to Ex2007 after waiting for the cleanup period between the two moves. How do you create the new mailbox? Using Exchange 2007 console/shell? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog -----...

Great Plains v9.00.0093 Migration Help
Hopefully someone here can help me out as I'm in quite a bind. I'm looking to migrate a GP database either to the version 10 GP trial or another SQL database, excel, access or even quickbooks. It might help for you to understand why things need to be done this way. Company "A" went bust which had 50% ownership of company "B" with the other half owned by company "C". Company "B" is now under 100% ownership of company "C". Company "C" doesn't own the license for GP which is how all the data was originally stored. Company &qu...

Two "(ALL)" Cbo box problem
I have a form with two Cbo boxes that have a list of items and has the '(All)' choice in each Cbo Box. I have a query with the criteria set as the result for each Choice for each Cbo Box. ie [Forms]![Form]![Cbo1] The query works fine when I pick an actual value from either of the Cbo Boxes. But if any of the Values I choose is "(ALL)" nothing is returned in my query. I had it working fine also when I had only one of the Cbo's with the "(ALL)" value but once I added the second, it seems the query was not able to handle it. the Query Syntax is Select ...

RMS 2.0 Purchase Help
I am planning on purchasing RMS 2.0 for my 2 store operation with 2 cashiers + 1 back office computer at each location. I use a warehouse as HQ at this point. Please help me choose the right products at right price. Thank you, Flash, You can find RMS at all various prices from 50 or so dollars above the cost from MSFT to the MSRP. Microsoft also requires a maintence fee per sales lane of about $225(be aware of this the reseller may not tell you this, until the last minute) The back office computer should be hardware only as in RMS 2.0 the licensing is figured by how many sales lanes...

newbie needs help - ACCESS - Word
Is it possible to import into a Word Table or Excel spreadsheet x number of records so that you could have on a page, like four photos across and several lines text fields underneath and then repeat the whole thing again, for a total of eight records on a given page? ...

move mailbox from 2003 to 2007 creates shared mailbox
I just moved my first mailbox from our 2003 backend server to our new 2007 mailbox server. Now I see the mailbox listed in the console as a shared mailbox instead of a legacy mailbox. I can't find information about how to prepare a 2003 mailbox for moving so it would become a normal mailbox instead of a shared mailbox. I can't find information about how to convert a shared mailbox to a normal mailbox. Any pointers will be appreciated. ...

Someone please help me! Word Document
I am a student at college and I am behind on my work but I promised my tutor that I have dne the work but I didn't so I hve changed the dates and she has asked me to hand it in on USB for the IT services to investigate. Is there any way they can ind out when it was created? -- Mwah x I'm sure there is a way to change the date so that even the IT department doesn't know but I'd say if you're turning in a college paper the more serious problem I see is the lack of grammar spaelling and punctiations I mean I'm just saying you know... On 6/7/08 11:13 AM, in article 1...

Outlook 2003 help setting up in/out of office users
We are looking to roll out a seamless package for users who work both in our office as well as on the road and off-line using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone currently use a set-up similar to this, or can anyone direct me to any resources? Thanks Try the Office Resource Kit for tools to roll out Office/Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, tk asked: | We a...

SetCursor() problem...
Hi! I have already asked here some days ago, but no one responded... I have trouble with OnCursor on a derived CStatic... I'm using the ON_WM_SETCURSOR message with OnSetCursor(CWnd*,UINT,UINT) Inside the OnSetCursor I'm using the SetCursor with LoadCursor But nothing happens... If I do the same on the main window, it works just fine, but it does not catch the OnSetCursor of the child window... (I can call the main window's OnSetCursor from the control, but I do not think this is the right way) Any help appreciated... Thanks! Make sure the static control is created with the ...

Macro Please 03-23-10
Is there anyway to write a macro to open several or all web hyperlinks on a single or multiple worksheets and update the web links if the page is no longer valid. If not able to obtain new page address provide details on which links are no longer valid. Thanks! ...

Internet mail problem
At this moment all the users are using a user@domain.local (Exchange 2003) mail address. This works fine inside domain.local . The problem comes when I want to send or receive internet mail. If I send as user@domain.local the email will be delivered but the receiver can't answer because that address is not "correct". I would like to now how can I allow a user to send internet e-mail with a valid address like ( user@domain.com). Thanks. "Portilha" <portilha@iol.pt> wrote: >At this moment all the users are using a user@domain.local (Exchange 2003) >...

NT Domain Authentication
We are running Great Plains v7 and our users are currently authenticating via their domain NT account. How can I set it up so they have to change their passwor every 90 days. If I expire the domain account after 90 days they can't get logged into GP. There is a product from Winthrop (www.winthropdc.com) that gives you this functionality. GP does not have this functionality off the shelf since it uses SQL Server authentication. "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E6089E83-8012-43B6-A320-269C1FD9EB50@microsoft.com... > We are running Gre...

Arabic Language Problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a serious troubles with arabic language I can write but the letters of every word are separated like english which is not correct in arabic language. In entourage, if the subject of the message is written in arabic, I see it something like ????? ?? ?????????? ??? ?? I hope my poor english is still enough to get you to my points Regrads <mmuzaini@officeformac.com> wrote: Hi, > I have a serious troubles with arabic language I'm not surprised. It's not properly supported. The fonts the...

New G5 tower has problem opening Word 2004 #2
In article <ee8887d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, coni@officeformac.com wrote: > I have a brand new G5 running OSX 10.4.10. I have installed Office 2004, and > am having trouble launching Word. After double clicking, it opens a blank > window and then freezes as it works it way through the "optomizing font > performance" bar at the bottom of the window. <br><br>It starts to give me a > warning box for one font after another that says "This font is corrupt and > should be removed." I believe, however, that Word itself it installing t...

Need help to find Values after from
This what a snippit of what my field COMMENT looks like. I would like to be able to get the difference of the from to Thanks for any help. 00033300718160: from $86.990 to $91.550 033300611072: from $25.650 to $25.450 050545220203: from $4.250 to $4.250 First Value can be calculated with Val(Mid([Comments],Instr(1,[Comments],"from $",1)+6)) Second value can be calculated with Val(Mid([Comments],Instr(1,[Comments],"to $",1)+3)) Difference is computed by subtracting the two values. As long as Comments is not null I think this should work for you. It does rely on the dat...

Problems with Outlook 2003 with Exchange Server
I have Outlook attached to an Exchange Server and setup with a POP3 account. Whenever I send mail to an internet adressee I receive a message back from the Exchange server that the message delivery is being delayed, although it should not go through the Exchange server, it should go out using my SMTP setting with my POP3 account. After the delay I receive a message that the mail was not sent. The problem seems to be that the mail is going to Exchange Server instead of though my Internet Mail account. Does anyone have any solutions? ...

Major help needed #2
Right, so this one is a biggy for me, and I'm stumped. Basically, I have to analyse the mobile phone records for my company. The invoice comes in on a disk, and now it's my job to go through all the calls picking out certain numbers, users, etc. Anyway, after exporting the data to a .txt file, i now need to open it in excel so I can start comparing and so on. Unfortunately, this is a big company and turns out, there are a lot of calls being made. So excel is unable to open anything more than the first 65 000 odd rows of calls. I still need a lot, lot more. Is there any way tha...

Address parsing algorithm needed please
Hi, I'm looking for an Address parsing algorithm in VB6/VBA, preferably for UK addresses. I want to replicate what Microsoft Outlook does if you paste an complete address in the address field of a Contact record when the Check Details box pops up with an estimated parsing into Street, City, Region etc. (Have Googled to no avail.) TIA "Jon Lewis" <jon.lewis@cutthespambtinternet.com> wrote in message news:echZfgh4KHA.4156@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, I'm looking for an Address parsing algorithm in VB6/VBA, preferably > for UK addresses. ...

Excel 2007 Minor Problem
The color palette in 2007 does not match the old palette in 2003. Is it possible to write a program to automatically reset the theme to the old default colors from Excel 2003? Is the default theme stored in the registry? If so, does anyone know the key to change? I don't think so, but when saving a workbook as 97-2003, you can specify what colours will be seen. It will default to the 97-2003 default palette, but you can change it if so desired. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) <ericallenpaul@gmail.com> wrote in ...