Mail to No. of users

Hi
I our organization we are having Exchange 2003. We are
facing one small problem that whenever user tries to send
a mail to multiple user (especially multiple distribution
groups)he recives following error message from
administrator.
The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can
be addressed in a single message.  Send the message
multiple times to fewer recipients.
<Exchange.test.com #5.5.3>

Where i can found this setting so i can get rid of this
limit... Please help

Cheers
Taj

0
taj_ksa (4)

go to exchange -globle setting - message deliver and right click and
property and last tap where u can remove that limit

ashish

"Taj" <taj_ksa@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I our organization we are having Exchange 2003. We are
> facing one small problem that whenever user tries to send
> a mail to multiple user (especially multiple distribution
> groups)he recives following error message from
> administrator.
> The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can
> be addressed in a single message.  Send the message
> multiple times to fewer recipients.
> <Exchange.test.com #5.5.3>
>
> Where i can found this setting so i can get rid of this
> limit... Please help
>
> Cheers
> Taj

0
ashishb (1)
6/30/2004 11:54:31 AM
"Taj" <taj_ksa@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I our organization we are having Exchange 2003. We are
>facing one small problem that whenever user tries to send
>a mail to multiple user (especially multiple distribution
>groups)he recives following error message from
>administrator.
>The e-mail system limits the number of recipients that can
>be addressed in a single message.  Send the message
>multiple times to fewer recipients.
><Exchange.test.com #5.5.3>

There's a bug in the Windows SMTP code that causes the Exchange server
to ignore the "number of users" limit set on the SMTP Virtual Server
if Exchange s configured to use "pipelining" (which it is, by
default).

MS has a hotfix for this. Or you can disable pipelining.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Using Outlook to create/read mailing lists
I recently installed Outlook in my office and would like it to do some automated tasks. Specifically, automated email to my employees based on a spreadsheet or database. If I have an individuals name on a spreadsheet, is it possible to link Outlook to that spreadsheet (let's say in Excel) and create a mailing list? I'm using Outlook '03 and my employees are already on a list in Outlook. Any help would be appreciated. Yes to do this type of automation, you can use the addin Thanks for the response. Could you be a bit more specific. I'm an Outlook beginner. what do yo...

mails get deleted automatically
Has anyone encountered a situation where e-mails get deleted few minutes after was delivered to a inbox? The server is running Microsoft Exchange 2000, the client is running Outlook (Office 2003). Are the mail deleted from the information store or from the client's point of view.. Could there be an POP3 account fetching the mails and deleting them afterwards ? How is the client settings ? cached or non-cached ? Regards Kenneth Johansen "Karen Yeh" wrote: > Has anyone encountered a situation where e-mails get > deleted few minutes after was delivered to a inb...

Mail Accounts Won't Go Away!
Hi all, I'm running Outlook 2003 against a SBS2003 Server with Exchange 2003 and am having a problem that I can't get to the bottom of. About a month ago, I setup my account to use a series of different mail sources (hotmail, isp, another pop3 account, etc.) I was using that setup for somewhere around 2 weeks. About a week and a half ago I tried to get rid of all of the accounts except for the Exchange account and they went away. However, the next day, when I logged back on, they were there again. I then deleted them again and added a different pop3 account. After I r...

User ID has disappeared
Using XP professional. Installed new memory card. When computer started up went to windows page where "click your user id & enter your password" shows up on left side of screen but no user id or password box shows up on right side of screen. Went to safe mode & these showed up so ran system restore but still won't work in regular mode. Are you talking about the Welcome screen?, so there is the user name but no area to type the password. What happens if you click on the user name. Does it come back if you take out the memory you have added. Neil "Sus...

Mail Merge file from Pub 98
I have a mail merge file from Pub 98 that I'm trying to open with Pub 03. It's not working. The 03 version doesn't even see it as a file for use. I'm using XP and my Pub 98 disc blew up in my cd drive. Anyone know how I can get 03 to read the 98 file? Are you getting an error message? Do you still have the data intact? Is it a Publisher list or something else? Do you have problems opening other 98 files? Sometimes Norton will cause problems. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/en-us I've had ...

new user from 2003 to 2006
please help! in money 2003 i used to be able to flip back and forth from my online banking page to my bill listing. i can not seem to find how to do this in 2006 edition. thanks ...

Running as a SPANISH user acts as thought the Control key is alwys down.
Our MFC-based software is such that a user can set it's preferred language to one of a number of Languages, including Spanish. When Spanish user logs into our system, it means nothing else than to perform all the string lookups in another table, besides english. Our strings don't come from Resource files, but rather from a Database table. Other than that - everything is English - the OS, the keyboard, etc - it's just that we're displaying spanish text and characters. Here's the problem - When typing into an MFC-based edit box, the keys behave as though the Control Key is ...

Business Portal User able to modify Shared Web Part Regradless of
I was under the impression user in the Reader role can not modified any shared Web Part but that was not the case. I am running BP2.5 with GP 8. Any one else had this problem and if there are any work around?? ...

How to mail merge a MS publisher document
I have a trifold MS Publisher brochere prepared. I have a mailing list in MS Excel. Q: How do I insert the fields and have them draw from excel file? Q: Do text boxes adapt to number of characters in name or address so that there are no cut-offs or wide spacing? What version Publisher? Simplify Customer Mailings with Publisher 2000 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010449521033.aspx Mail and catalog merge 2002-03 http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft....

Newbie question on Admin vs Developer vs Power User
I'm learning Sharepoing/Moss now and there seems to be a definite distinction in all the course materials between Administrators/Developers/Power Users They seem to make a big point about identifying 'power users' in different sections of the work environment to handle a lot of the stuff, but then again, all the tasks seem to blur from one role to the other - and, if you gave enough of the tasks over to the 'Power users', as they call them, it seems to take away from the other roles. Now, maybe I've never worked in a business enterprise that's big enoug...

User defined function
I wonder if there is any way for me to write an user defined function so that everytime I open a new Excel spread sheet I can use it. Something like internal function. -- linzhang426 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ linzhang426's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27932 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474292 Yes. If you save your UDFs in your personal.xls they will be available whenever you use Excel -- Gary''s Student "linzhang426" wrote: > &g...

Send E-Mail using plain text only
I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? (Under Contacts) Thanks Stephan Tools/Options/Send - Choose either HTML or plain text. If no menu bar either Alt "M" or click on icon to the left of blue ? mark and select show menu bar "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in message news:OgKol3$zKHA.2552@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I can find this OE feature anymore under WLM. Is it gone ? > > (Under Contacts) > > Thanks > > Stephan "Stephan Koenig" <S.Koenig@LaserPlus.de> wrote in...

Can I move an old user's email to a public folder?
I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our business. Is this possible? Thank you in advance. Frank On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:47:02 -0700, Zach <zach@news.postalias> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2000 and would like to move some ex-employees emails to >a public folder accessed by a select few. The employee's account is >disabled, but his email is still active because of the nature of our >bu...

Not Receiving mail reply
Hello, I have a problem. Two users can send e-mail from CRMand this process is OK, but the answers from this mail not come to CRM. This mails answers is in exchange but not come to CRM. Any idea that i have to do? Thanks. are you using exchange router and it is CRM 4.0? check the event log on where you have router installed. ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ Hello my version is 3.0 and I using e-mail router. I will see the event log. Thanks for your help. "Aamir Bashir" wrote: > are you using exchange router and it is CRM 4.0? > check the even...

Update Outlook Profile Outgoing Mail Server Settings
I need to create a PRF file that is generated on the fly for my users to just update the outgoing mail server settings for already present profiles - is this possible? If so, is it possible to do this for all versions of Outlook (2000, XP, 2003, Express)? Does anyone have any hints on how to accomplish this? Thanks, Jason Not possible. A PRF file can add a new Internet account, but it cannot = modify or delete an account.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programmin...

event ID 4029 This address does not accept mail From: <>
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00BA_01C3EE38.442C9EA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Running ex5.5 and I also have a ex2k server running with no one on it = yet. I get a bunch of these entries in the event log of the 5.5 machine all = the time and I wonder if there is something that needs to be adjusted to = stop it. Having just recovered from a corruption I am really sensitive = to any anomilies at this point! "The following message could not be delivered. The destination server ...

SQL Reporting Services and GP Users
I need to create a subscription-based report using SQL reporting services that will notify a select group via e-mail whenever one of our GP users doesn't logout by a given time each day. With that in mind, does anyone know exactly which tables I need to set as my data sources? The obvious answer would be the ACTIVITY table in DYNAMICS but logins can get stranded there if an abnormal client machine shutdown occurs. You might try sysprocesses in master. Ta, M. "cgbama91" <cgbama91@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B65BD9F5-6126-4B91-924D-A0F4FC97C70F...

User form Default value in text box
Hi all. Quick question. I have a user form in excel which has a text box which i want to have the value defaulted to the current date. I've looked at several posting on this site but haven't gotten it to work yet. Any ideas on how to set the text box with the current date as a default value? Any help or direction is appreciated. Thanks. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/excel-programming/201006/1 Hi, Try this way Private Sub UserForm_Activate() TextBox1.Text = Date End Sub -- Mike When competing hypotheses are oth...

Opening other users folders
Howdy. How do you stop users from opening other user's folder, ie inbox, calendar, tasks. Inbox folders are NOT shared. Default and Anonymous permissions are "none." Privacy/Security problem. THanks in advance, Kenny ...

How can i configure entourage mail so that it is accessible outside office network as well??
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: Exchange Pls suggest how can i configure entourage mail so that it is accessible even when i am not in office network?? <br><br>thanks for the help. Hi, you use an Exchange account. You can therefore always log in via OWA (Outlook Web Access) through a web browser. If you use Snow Leopard at home, you can also configure Apple Mail to access your Exchange account. Alternatively, if you have Entourage 2008 on your Mac (any version except for the Home & Student Edition), you can also use E...

User Access Error 09-10-03
Well I have finally managed to install MS CRM (after a little frustration to say the least). Now when I go to http://localhost to add an MS CRM user as per the Imp. Guide, I get the following error: ** User Access Error The logged on user is either not a Microsoft CRM user, is disabled in the system, has not been assigned any security roles, or has not been assigned a license. ** How do I assign a specific user a license ? Any help/thoughts on this error would be greatly appreciated Cheers Sarah login as the user who installed microsoft CRM and you should be able to access the a...

Monitoring Users Mailboxes
As Admin, I have been asked to monitor a users mailbox. Our network consists of 5 domains (has 5 mailservers, with my main server retrieving the mail from our ISP and then distributing it to the other servers ). This user is in a different domain than I. My Outlook 2000 can't access the mailbox. I gave myself Admin rights to this persons mailbox. I have tried many ways to open the mailbox. I have logged onto the other domain from my PC and tried to configure Outlook to connect to the other domain mailserver but it always says it can't open the information store or there is...

IMS mail not delivering
Exchange 5.5 NT4 I have my DNS set up - both inside and out with MX records but if i try and sent from outside to in i get the NDR with "There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator." and on the inside the mail just dissapears does not appear in either the IMS queue or the MTA queue I can't be 100% it's not an internal DNs problem but i have no obvious error messages. Any help would be grea Chri "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 5.5 NT4 >I have ...

Different e-mail accounts
Hi, I have a user who does have configured several e-mail accounts in Outlook (one exchange account to that the CRM is configured and some other webmail accounts such as bellsouth, compuserve ...). I'm not sure if this configuration can affect the functionality of the SFO. Does anybody have experices in this field? Thanks, Marlen The impact on the CRM system is that you will have defined the email address for the user (as you defined in the crm user record). The user can still have 'many' Outlook accounts, and can 'promote' the emails from all their email addresses...

CRM 3.0: Email to internal users fails; external addresses work fi
I've created a workflow rule that when run will send an email to an internal address (local to the exchange server where the router is installed) and cc and external address (@hotmail.com). No matter how this rule is configured, only the external party will ever receive the email. I'm attempting to use this for internal escalation notification, but can't seem to get any CRM users to receive the email. Any thoughts? If you go to settings - organization settings - system systems then click on the email tracking tab there is an entry called Set whether to exclude e-mails betw...