Mail Server Host Name

We are running Exchange 5.5 and host our own mail. Can someone tell me where
I can find the Host Name of our mail server?

0
anonymous (74722)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 08:11:38 -0400, "Debbie"

>We are running Exchange 5.5 and host our own mail. Can someone tell me where
>I can find the Host Name of our mail server?

Its the name of the server.

0
adavid (8731)

Mail format
If I attempt to send HTML mail, recipients outside our corporation receive the message in rich text format. Other doesn't have that problem. What settings should I check? ...

The mail is not automatically sent
We are sending a lot of mails daily from Microsoft CRM. The mails go out to the customers both manually and also automatically from workflows. Now I have created a new workflow which contains a mail. The mail has automatically been sent before but after I added a GUID to a serviceactivity (a link) in the mail the e-mail only appear as an activity so I manually have to click "Send" on the mail to make it go to the recipient. Does anyone have any idea why this happens and how I can solve it!? Hi Sailor, Can you provide me with more details? , you have added the Guid to the ema...

Problem Opening Notebooks on New Server
I have a small office and we all store and use notebooks on our server. We moved all of our data to a new server yesterday, and now when we try to open the notebooks we get a message that says: "OneNote needs a password to sync some of your notebooks", and we are unable to open the notebooks. Interestingly, if we open the notebook through a mapped drive to the location, we get the error. But, if we navigate directly to the notebook through the network, it will open with no error. We are having no other problems with this mapped drive. Thanks! ...

sending mail to a cc domain...
I am trying to find out why my new exchange server 2003 install will not allow users to sent to an email address username@company.cc. Its like the exchange server does no about the cc domain. What NDR are you receiving back? Can you post it. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC3E5AD2-2556-4503-80AD-E44221F863C2@microsoft.com... >I am trying to find out why my new exchange server 2003 install will not > allow users to sent to an email address username@company.cc...

A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0
I have an application that will happily post 20TPS from 9 different processes running on three different computers. In the middle of all this happiness, I'll get about three seconds of: A transport-level error has occurred when sending the request to the server. (provider: TCP Provider, error: 0 - An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.) and then posting returns to normal. Only one of the nine processes will be affected. None of the applications are connecting/reconnection. Each is using a dedicated SQLClient connection to a SQLServer ...

configuring exchange to accept maill from a different domain name...
We are setting up a subsidiary company having a completely differnt domain name. Once our new domain name is registered and our provider has created an MX record for this new domain, what needs to be configured on the Exchange server to accept email from this new domain? Thanks, Brad if Exchange 2000/2003, you need to create a recipient policy...see these: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/285136/en-us http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318072/en-us -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Brad Pears" <donotreply@notreal.com> wrote in message news:e21waZZWGHA.4212@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl.....

Where is Read All Unread Mail ?
Using Outlook 2003, had to re-create my profile due to corruption. And now I no longer have a Folder title to display ALL UNREAD MAIL. Does this need to be created somehow, so that it will display all unread mail spread out in all the folders? if the folder is not in the search folders, right click on Search Folders and choose New. Its one of the predefined options. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by...

'Server XXXX Not Available.' When Trying To Add a Process Server in the DPS Server Setup Window
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0020_01C9BDE1.B1EBED50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Issue 'Server XXXX not available' occurs when trying to add a process server = in the DPS Server Setup window.=20 Resolution If the Process Monitor is not running at the workstation you are trying = to add as a new process server, you will receive the message 'Server = XXXX not available'.=20 To start the Process Monitor, drag the Dynamics.set file on top of the = DPS.exe file in your...

POP3 Emails and Exchange Server
Hey all: I have a virtual POP3 Server running on my exchange server 2000. My company just purchased a bunch of Treo 600 and want to set them up to receive corporate emails. What I would like to do is use the POP3 Account instead of purchasing a package that would work directly with Exhange Server. My question is how do I find out what my pop3 account name is. I tried using pop3.mydomainname.com, and mail.mydomainname.com, but that didn;t work. Can anyone provide me with the steps to locate the name of my pop3 account. Thanks ...

E-mail not transferred outbox to sent item folder
Often I am experiencing a problem when I send an e-mail through Microsoft outlook stand alone desktop regardless with or without an attachment. The sent item does not move from the outbox folder to the sent item folder, even though the e-mail has been sent in most cases, I get a message through the send and receive dialog box stating "Reported error 0x80040109 unknown error 0x80040109". In some cases mail is sent normally and the items are transferred to sent item folder and don't get an error messages but it is more often I get the error message and the sent item stays...

Incorrect Field Names Appear in PivotTable Field Dialog Box
I have found that items deleted from my source, standard worksheet, are still appearing in the Pivot Table Drop down list. I have applied the sollution in MS202232 but it did not clearup the outdated data. I have refreashed the pivot table before and after runing the MACRO "Delete_Fields" Not sure what else can be done, I continue to search groups and MS. ******** This is the code for the MACRO based MS202232: Sub Delete_Fields() On Error Resume Next For Each pvtfield In Worksheets(PivotTables).PivotTables(PivotTable1).PivotFields For Each pvtitem In pvtfield.PivotItem...

ADC won't connect to Exchange server 5.5.
I am running Win2k SP4 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on it. I want to migrate Exchange 5.5 to a new Win2k3 R2 member server running Exchange server 2003 SP2. Since I need coexistence, it asks me to run Active Directory Connector. Once ADC installed, I entered the name of my server and the default 389 port. Then on step 2 of the ADC it says to click data collection, when I click run it says "Server migrate (server_name): 389 is not an Exchange 5.5 server or an SRS service." LDAP is enabled on Exchange 5.5. and I tested LDAP connectivity on port 389 on both ends and it wo...

The e-Mail that wouldn't Die
ON Aug 12, 2005 I received an e-mail from a governmental website notifying me of an event. Each time Outlook 2003 checked my SBC mail server, it got the message again, and again, and again. I deleted the messages, and they just keep coming back. I deleted them all on friday. Today I had 389 of them. All from the same website, all dated 8/12/05. I figure the website's mailer is looking for some sort of confirmation of receipt from Outlook and not getting it. Any ideas on why this is and how to stop it? I've unsubscribed from the site, by the way... Do you have any Anti-virus or Fire...

Deleting e-mail attachments
How do I delete attachments from my e-mails in Windows Mail? It's real easy in Lotus Notes. Basically, you don't. One workaround is to click Reply, then resave the = message, but the headers will be changed. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Bernie " <bmpasternack@att.net> wrote in message = news:eA0hK9w8KHA.4600@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I delete attachments from my e-mails in Windows Mail? It's = real easy=20 > in Lotus Notes.=20 > You would have to save...

Can not see Public Folders in OWA after upgrading Front-End Server
We just performed an in-place upgrade of one of our Exchange front-end servers. Everything was upgraded successfully, but now our users are getting the following error when launching OWA and trying to access their folder list as Public Folders are not showing: Microsoft Internet Explorer / An internal server error occurred. If you click OK, it will let you continue working, but you can not access Public Folders. Has anyone seen this type of issue and if so, how can we correct it? THANKS! ...

Outlook
I have two users on the network that are experiencing the same issue. They get new mail and the numbeer in () shows up by the outlook inbox indicating new mail but you can only see the new mail from OWA. I have setup the profiles on differant computers and the problem follows the profile. I have the same similar problem, only I do not get the number. >-----Original Message----- >I have two users on the network that are experiencing the >same issue. They get new mail and the numbeer in () >shows up by the outlook inbox indicating new mail but you >can only see th...

Changing view of a new mail message
If you are having problems with the view when composing new messages in Outlook and font is to large try this: Open new message, go to Tab that says format text, then on the menu on the top you will see a zoom button. Click on zoom button and decrease size of zoom. ...

Exchange Server 2003
Hello, I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? The Linux box is relaying the mail . Thanks "Donta" wrote: > Hello, > > I'm new to Exchange 2003, I'm running a linux box to do Spam flitering - How > do I add the Linux box as a relay server in the Exchange System mangager ? > The Linux box is relaying the mail . > > > Thanks You need to add an SMTP connector then set the linux server as a Smart Host (I forget where...

SMTP Server Failure / Not Logging
We are running the following: Windows Server 2003 SP2 (all latest hotfixes) Exchange 2003 SP2 routing our outbound messages through a smart host as we have for the past 2 years (including a server rebuild in the past year) in a single server environment for my organization. Recently our users started receiving notifications that their messages had been delayed. When viewing the queue it shows a massive amount of messages waiting in the queue to be delivered through the smart host. When looking at the SMTP logs - the last entry listed is 504+Need+to+Authenticate +First. I reviewed the setti...

Cannot send email between users within same server?
Hi, Running Exchange 2003 Enterprise with latest SP on Windows 2003 Enterprise with latest SP. We are getting intermittent error message with users on the same Exchange server and OU. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Sent: 4/20/2010 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) cannot be reached: John Doe on 4/20/2010 11:45 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=...

E-mail Preview Programs #4
I use two e-mail preview programs - they both are not 100% accurate although they used to be. I receive � 100 messages per day. (I've been using PCs since the early '90s and was not careful at first 'cause I didn't know better.) Luckily, the preview programs make it easy to delete junk. The first program is MailWasher Pro. The second is not really a program but a web site: that of Adelphia, my ISP. My e-mail program is MS Outlook. Let's say a preview program indicates that I have 60 e-mail messages. I delete 50 of them, leaving me 10 messages. Then I download the remainin...

Exchange Server 2000 on Standalone PC
Hi, I want to do some R&D with SQLMail, which needs Exchange Server. Can I install Exchange Server 2000 on a Standalone PC. My Standalone PC don't have a Network card. Thanks in advance, kamlesh Exchange 2000 requires an Active Directory domain. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Kamlesh" <kamlesh2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:2644c0f6.0311212156.abbc746@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I want to do some R&D with SQLMail, which needs Exchange Server. Can > I install...

Blocking outgoing e-mails
I want to block all out going smtp e-mails from Exchange 2003 unless the recipients email address is from 1 specific domain Is this possible ? http://support.microsoft.com/view/tn.asp?kb=316281 http://support.microsoft.com/view/tn.asp?kb=316251 Read those first for your own understanding, then read this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "Quinn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mess...

Vanishing E-mails, They drop off of the face of the earth.
I have noticed a new and intresting behavior in a client's inbox since it was "re-built". E-mails will Arrive and appear in the Inbox of outlook, then suddenly vanish. I am running Exchange 5.5 and the version of outlook is 2000. The client's inbox had been distroyed by an imported .pst that was unknowingly way too big for Exchange to handle. When inported the Inbox was frozen, and in short had to be deleted. The inbox was recreated with the same name and addresses. The problem is not consistent, only a few e-mails will "stick", most just dissapear. I would ...

Sent mail doesn't appear in sent items folder. Where are they?
On May 13 all my sent mail not gone into my sent items folder. I can't find where they are going. How do I find them? Sue, I am having the same problem only 1 message (sent yesterday) has appeared in my Sent Folder. I hope someone finds an answer. "SueL" wrote: > On May 13 all my sent mail not gone into my sent items folder. I can't find > where they are going. How do I find them? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstall this integration part of your virus s...