mail redirection

Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange
(installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)?

0
tmp4 (2)

Zvuk wrote:

> Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange
> (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)?

Could you describe what you're trying to do in a little more detail?
0
rstewart1 (35)
6/3/2004 10:31:01 PM
For example: when you use web based e-mail, like yahoo for example, you are
almost always offered a possibility to have all your mail forwarded to some
other mail account.
In our company we naturally all have email accounts on the company mail
server (MS Exchange). But some employees in our company (the lasy ones) want
their mail forwarded to their private mail accounts.
Thats why I need to set up mail forwarding.
(You might wonder why I used the term redirection instead. Because I would
really prefer to redirect these emails rather then forward them, so that
they don't have to be downloaded to our server and then resent. But if this
is not possible, I would be happy with forwarding too.)
I hope I got to the point this time.

"Ron Stewart" <rstewart@no.spam.syscom-consulting.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:ulpS0pbSEHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Zvuk wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to redirect mail from some POP3 accounts in MS Exchange
> > (installed as part of Small Business Server 2000)?
> >

> Could you describe what you're trying to do in a little more detail?

0
tmp4 (2)

How to move my mail to a new machine
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I've been using my Mac to work in Entourage but am getting a new MacBook Pro. How do I transfer all my mails to the new machine? <br> Thanks On 2010-06-02 11:56:02 -0400, Beandog9@officeformac.com said: > I've been using my Mac to work in Entourage but am getting a new > MacBook Pro. How do I transfer all my mails to the new machine? Move the Microsoft User Data from your Documents account in one computer to the same location in the other. Actually, if you us...

Mailing Labels
I am new to Office 2007. I have been using Office 2003. I tried for the first time to print mailing labels using Word 2007 today. I want to print on the 30 label sheet of labels (3 across x 10 rows). The default setting prints the words 90 degrees from the long dimension of the label. I cannot figure how to rotate the words. Thank you for your help. Wayne Brady Hi, You should post this to the Word newgroups, not Excel. Much more likely to get the best results. If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Wayne Brady" wrote: > I am new to...

Mail relay exch 5.5
I set my server to relay only to users that successfull authenticate, however I still see mails in my outbound queue from unknown origin. I thought that only the users who authenticate would be allowed to relay.....Does anyone knows why? I also having a problem sending mails to certain domain from this same exchange server. the mails to these domain just stays in outbound queue and when I check details I get "host unreachable". However I configure a seperate smtp relay server and I tell exchange to sent mails for these domains there, and it works fine. Can any explain why exc...

Symantec Mail Security suddenly kicks mail back as "spam site"
Hello! Is anyone using Symantec Mail Security with RBL lookup lists and are you experiencing over the last day a lot, or all, inbound mail getting rejected by Symantec Mail Security that flags the mail as a "spam site"? If so, do you have "dsn.rdc-ignorant.org" in your RBL list? I have had MANY servers using "dsn.rdc-ignorant.org" in the RBL list that suddenly stopped getting mail. Removing that entry from the RBL list fixed every one of the servers. Gregg Hill OK, they finally started communicating with me and looked into the details. When I first in...

MS Mail on office 2003
is there any way to configure outlook 2003 to support microsoft mail. anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com wrote: > is there any way to configure outlook 2003 to support > microsoft mail. *blink* ...

Exchange 2000 and Mail Sending
Greetings all; Sorry for the long post, but I took over a pre-existing server system, and have not worked much with Exchange since about 2000. We are having issues with Spamhaus and Spamcop, apparently related to our email server running behind our Netopia router with an IP of 196.168.69.XX. Our inbound mail goes to (via MX records) USInternet (for Spam processing, BTW, don't use them), then to our ISP (POP3 provider) and picked up via Outlook on the clients machine. Our Exchange server (apparently) is for our local mail (in-house), and I do not even have any of our field personnel on...

How do I run mail rules after mail downloaded?
I have to always manually run the rules to put mail where it needs to go. Is there a way to get Outlook 2007 to automatically run all the rules AFTER I download messages? I've brought up every dialog box and Options box I can think of and nowhere is there ANY kind of way to configure when rules are run. Thanks for any info Tools > Rules Check the box beside the rules you want run automatically. -- Henry Craven {SBS-MVP} "Ronald Stepp" <moriturimax@sw.rr.com> wrote in message news:467917ed$0$14979$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... >I have to always manually run ...

SBS 2008
Title says it all.. I need to setup some Exchange 2007 Transport Rules to BCc *all* mail to a mail Enabled Public Folder for archiving purposes. I find if I create them in ESM then I cannot target a Public Folder ...only a Mailbox. I need them in a Public Folder and not a Mailbox. I think I'm going to need to do this in the Power Shell but am not that familiar with what syntax to enter. The mail-enabled Public Folder already exists, I just need the syntax for creation of the rules. Are there any good guides or references for this ? Jim wrote: >Titl...

convert mails to text ?
Hello, I do have some 1000 mails. Is it possible to convert them into a large textfile ? Frank yeah, just do file, import/export, export to file etc etc N "Frank Thiel" <fthiel@gmx.de> wrote in message news:3ff088ef_1@news.arcor-ip.de... > Hello, > I do have some 1000 mails. Is it possible to convert them into a large > textfile ? > Frank > > select all, file, save as text. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

Mail merge assistance please
Greetings I need to write a document in Word which will use mail merge to insert values from an excel file. I need to be able to access any of 52 worksheets in a single workgroup, specifically cells C33 and F4. I have tried setting up label names for the cells, but they are never visible in the mail merge. How do I set this up? Regards -- Kevin J Prince I don't know if that's possible, but Word MVP Cindy Meister has merging information that may help you: http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister/MergFram.htm There's also a Word Mail Merge newsgroup where you could ...

Incoming Mail Server Error Message
I have set up two email accounts using outlook 2002. I can send from either account by using the account drop down that shows with a new message I'm writing. But I can only receive from one. When i test the account settings I receive an error message that states "can't log onto incoming mail server" When I hit send/receive my other account works fine and i'm able to send email from the account that won't bring in email messages. I get an error message for my comcast account "0x800CCC92" status: BAD PASSWORD. I have repeatedly verified that my pas...

Recieving an error when opening CRM e-mail?????
When a response to a CRM E-mail is received, it is automatically attached to the CRM Record (Opportunity, Account, Lead) as activity history. In order to further respond to the CRM E-mail and continue the thread the user has to do this from the CRM Activity History on the record. Sometimes when the e-mail is opened in CRM it contains this warning message: "The e-mail below may contain script or content that is potentially harmful and has been blocked. Unblock" With this error message, the user can not respond or forward the e-mail from CRM. The e-mail form blanks out and t...

Format Date Slug In E-mail Template
Is it possible to format the "datetime" slug in an e-mail template to only show the date and not the time. For example, when I show the 'requested delivery date" information in the e-mail template the data is presented as "12/07/2007 12:00 AM". I would only like to show this as 12/07/2007. Is this possible? -- Thank you for your help! Jeff Battley Delivery date is having data type (date only ) ? I mean what if you create a new attribute with the format as "Date only" ? Even though if format is "Date and Time" , you can only display th...

Changed mail address in AD, how to propigate to Exchange?
Hi, I changed a users email address in Active Directory from: user@mail.domain.com to user@domain.com However, when I send an email as that user, the header still shows that it's from user@mail.domain.com Do I have to do something on the exchange 2003 server side to get it to pick up the change I made to the account in AD? Thanks (btw, if the answer is "Restart Exchange", what specific service(s) do I restart, and it what order?) Mike Go back where you added it and make the one you want the header to read the primary address. -- Michael Barta [MSFT] Microsoft Exc...

can not send or recive mail
i can not send or recive mail. please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Error Message plz? -- Vijay Sites that I would recommend http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/default.aspx http://support.microsoft.com/ Try the Windows Live Mail Beta http://ideas.live.com/programpage.aspx?versionId=5d21c51a-b161-4314-9b0e-4911fb2b2e6d "suad" <suad@moe.gov.om> wrote in message news:1164514539.062706.154920@n67g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... >i can not send or recive mail. please help me > !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! > ...

Delay in receiving SOME mail for one account #2
I have an exchange 2003 enterprise server with Windows 2003 enterprise server. Out of the 30 employees in the company, only ONE has a delay in receiving SOME of their e-mail (the president of the co). It seems to arrive about a week later, but if someone else in the company was CC'd on it, that other person will receive it. All the mail is filtered through Symantec Mail Security and then through the exchange server. All the appropriate ports are open. Do anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks!! "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have ...

Whitelisting e-mail addresses
How do I set up a whitelist so all the e-mails from my friends don't end up in my spam filter? Hardly ever necessary. What spam filter do you use that blacklists legitimate addresses? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "LadyJae16" <LadyJae16@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4835109E-1F6D-4588-8253-F4DD7793661B@microsoft.com... > How do I set up a whitelist so all the e-mails from my friends don't end > up > in my spam filter? I use the spam filter that comes with my Outlook 2003 Some of my e-mails from my friends end up in the junk e-mai...

Retrieving mail simultaneously from several accounts on a single server
Hi all, I have several email accounts in Outlook 2003: a google mail account 8 accounts from our techlogic.ca domain name around 8 more from our tlnewsreader.com domain. After using Outlook 2003 since it was released, I just noticed today that it only starts a single retrieve task per domain name. ie: one for google, one for techlogic.ca and one for tlnewsreader.com. When a task finishes downloading for one of the account, say techlogic.ca, it then proceeds to the next account on that domain. But there's never more than 3 tasks active at any one time. Is there a way to increase that ...

Filtering mail in Outlook Express
How do I filter mail in Outlook Express? I am getting too much junk mail in Express. Please help. "Kennedy." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31b201c428e7$671a4db0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do I filter mail in Outlook Express? I am getting > too much junk mail in Express. Please help. This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as microsoft.public.windows....

MS CRM-Exchange E-mail Routep setup problem
Hi, I have a question for you. I have MS Exchange 2007 & CRM 3.0. Exchange E-mail router installation fails. On System Requirements step i have error: 1. Microsoft Windows Operating System - OK 2. Microsoft CRM-Exchange E-mail Router Setup User Input - OK 3. The Microsoft Exchange administration tools are not installed on this server. What is "Microsoft Exchange administration tools" or where i can download this tools? You need to install router on exchange 2003 and this update is for exchange 2007 mail boxes but you still need exchange 2003. /aamir http://www.microsoft...

OWA
Is there anyway to only view "unread" messages when viewing email in Outlook Web Access? Yes, change your view settings for that. For OWA 2000 it is in the right upper corner. For further assistance ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange, not Outlook. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Candace" <Candace@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB105101-2AC0-43F8-9279-52F4372A6DFB@microsoft.com... ...

E Mail Alerts
I am trying to set up Alerts that send e-mails to people in my company. I believe I have set up the e-mail server correctly in BP (it was only one setting as far as I could see) but I keep getting the error message: This virtual server is not configured to send e-mail. What I am forgetting? Thanks Rory Testa - Information Systems Manager PRO Sports Club http://www.proclub.com Are you talking about the "Business Alerts" feature in Great Plains or the alerts that are in Sharepoint and Business Portal? For "Business Alerts" in Great Plains, you need to make sure SQL ...

Send Mail Immediately
How do I check mail immediately or choose to send one particular email immediately in Windows Live Mail without setting Options to Send Immediately??? In Outlook Express you could choose to send immediately on a case by case basis and you could use that ability to check for new mail immediately when you wanted to... I do not see how to do that in Live Mail. The Sync button replaced the Send/Receive button. Send and Receive in Windows Live Mail 2009 http://liveunplugged.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!F92775FC46A390CA!644.entry -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] ...

Windows mail won't send ms excel attchments
windows mail won't send either MS Excel 97-2003 or 2007 formats if I try to send either by itself. I have to attach same file I want to send in both formats. Then, only the 97-2003 format actually gets through. Either way, I'm getting notice that Mail can't send one or more attachments. Any suggestions to help eliminate the glitch would be most appreciated. Windows Mail doesn't care what the attachment is. But make sure the file you are trying to attach is not open anywhere else (i.e. in Excel). Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "woodrow" wrot...

backup and restore addresses and mail ?
I have to reformat and reinstall my Win XP but I do not want to loose my emails, addresses ,contacts and email folders in my Outlook 2002 How do I back them up and restore my data once I reinstall my outlook?. I want them to look exactly the way it was before I reinstalled Win XP.? Thanks in advance. This is available: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=8b081f3a-b7d0-4b16-b8af-5a6322f4fd01&displaylang=en I have used this program for the past 4 years with great success: http://www.ajsystems.com/obp5.html "Gauthier" <sandigauthier@sympatico.ca> w...