mail queues growing in the Local Delivery Queue on Exchange 2003 sp2

Hi there,
If anyone can help me, it would be so good.
I have problems with the queues being slowly processed in the local
delivery queue very slowly.
I have disabled groupshield and AV on access scanning, but the queues
are still growing.
Anyone seen this issue before?
Thank you in advance
Brian

Hi Brian,

Are you anti-virus software scanning the file system where the databases and
log files for exchange are?

You said that you have disabled the Anti-virus but have you restarted the
box where exchange is running?

"bodri" wrote:

> Hi there,
> If anyone can help me, it would be so good.
> I have problems with the queues being slowly processed in the local
> delivery queue very slowly.
> I have disabled groupshield and AV on access scanning, but the queues
> are still growing.
> Anyone seen this issue before?
> Thank you in advance
> Brian

0
Jude (110)
11/3/2006 8:31:02 PM
THanks Jude for replying.
I had groupshield on the server but have uninstalled. I rebooted
afterwards.
I also disabled the onaccess virus scanning on the server and put in
exclusion for the databases and files, but unfortuantely it hasn;t
cured the issue so quite not sure where to go from here. Any ideas are
very much welcome.
Thanks
Brian

Hi Brian,

Lets try a different course of action.

Do you get the same slowness when you send to an internet mail account, ie
gmail, yahoo, or hotmail?

Try running DCDIAGS from one of your DC's to make sure that all the DCs are
configurated correctly.

I am still suspect that it is the anti-virus software,but want to elimate
other possiblities.

"bodri" wrote:

> THanks Jude for replying.
> I had groupshield on the server but have uninstalled. I rebooted
> afterwards.
> I also disabled the onaccess virus scanning on the server and put in
> exclusion for the databases and files, but unfortuantely it hasn;t
> cured the issue so quite not sure where to go from here. Any ideas are
> very much welcome.
> Thanks
> Brian

0
Jude (110)
11/6/2006 2:33:01 PM
Hi Jude, sorry in not getting back sooner.
I changed the maintenance schedule on the databases as they seem to be
running at the same time as the backups ,and the 2 different sets of IO
seem to cause the problems.
I changed them a few days ago and so far, the servers seems to now
working..
Thanks for your help.
Brian