Mail queued on Front end server for Public Folder on Back End Server

I created a public folder on my back end exchange server
and mail enabled it.  Internal email from the global
address list reaches the folder, however external email
smtp does not. The external mail queues on the Front end
Server with a retry status.  Any idea why this would be
happening?
0
anonymous (74722)

<anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:1231e01c3f62c
$1dd29600$a001280a@phx.gbl:

> I created a public folder on my back end exchange server
> and mail enabled it.  Internal email from the global
> address list reaches the folder, however external email
> smtp does not. The external mail queues on the Front end
> Server with a retry status.  Any idea why this would be
> happening?

What are the permissions on the public folder?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

>$1dd29600$a001280a@phx.gbl:
>
>> I created a public folder on my back end exchange
server
>> and mail enabled it.  Internal email from the global
>> address list reaches the folder, however external email
>> smtp does not. The external mail queues on the Front
end
>> Server with a retry status.  Any idea why this would be
>> happening?
>
>What are the permissions on the public folder?
>
>Regards,
>
>--
>Arlo Clizer
>Exchange MVP
>FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
>Archives: http://groups.google.com
>.

0
anonymous (74722)

I cant view my publisher page choice fromt and back
I am using Publisher 2000. I have used it for four years, quite successfully. I opened one of my two page (front & back) reports to reprint it, and i cant find the page choice blocks (not in my view) that are normally down on the lower left part of the main page. I am unable to edit the second page, but when I print, it prints both front and back. I checked my other reports, and the page choice is not visable in any of the reports. Help view...toolbars...status bar -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Extract phone number front block of text
I have a webpage that lists business names, address, phone number, etc. There is no definite pattern to how they entered the text. What I' like to do is something like.... -Search cell A1 for "-", return the 3 characters to the left of th "-".- In the next column do... -Search cell A1 for "-", return the 4 characters to the right of th "-".- Then I can concatenate the two and add in the area code. TIA guys/gals. PS. I tried searching but didn't know exactly what to search for an didn't get very far -- Tec ------------------------...

Mail delay #2
We are using exchange 2003 with outlook clients. There are mails that will take 30 minutes to be available on our outlook clients. We ran a test using hotmail and with one hotmail account, the mail took about 10 seconds. With the other account, the same message took 30 minutes to arrive. Also, this is not just a one time thing. Every time we tested from that "laggy" account, it took more than 20 minutes to arrive. with the other account. it took only seconds. Some other are complaining that it's taking mail a long period of time to be received by the outlook cli...

bad mail folder #3
Every day I have thousands of email in the bad mail folder. The ones that I am concerend with is the ones that are address to old employees who no longer work here and who no longer have a sign on. I have turned recipent filtering on, so why are the emails being excepted in only to be rejected and now getting NDR to go back to the sender (which is spam). Thank you What version of Exchange? You can strip the attachment from NDRs if it's Exchange 2000 SP2 or higher, per http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303 Another technique you can use is to create a distribution list with no members...

Public Folders are blank in Global Address List...
I have a rights problem on publc folders. Domain Admins are able to see public folders in Global Address List but when a Domain user look in the Global Address List all the public folders are blank. I don't know where to look... The OS is Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 SP1 Thanks! Morten ...

junk mail #6
I'd like to copy the "junk mail folder" e-mail addresses to another folder outside of outlook. Is there a way to export all the e-mail addresses in the "junk mail folder", or Are these addresses kept in a folder in some Microsoft Office directory that can be accessed. ...

Can't delete additional "Personel Folders Outlook 2003
I followed a backup procedure form MS Office site that said to check the resulting PST file by opening in Outlook. I did it twice. Well, it created two other "Personal Folder" at the bottom of the Mail/All Mail Folders pane that I cannot delete. I moved or deleted the two backed up PST files so there is no data for the folders to relate to. How can I get rid of these erroneous folders? Gary Create a new mail profile - yours is now corrupt. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here)...

Moving public folders on Exchange 5.5 to a new server in the same site.
All, I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the public folders over to the public store on the new server? -- FastEddie Rockwell ---------------------------------- Check us out at: www.therockwells.net ----------------------------------- "Fast Eddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam.com> wrote in news:#1VO4cH$DHA.4072@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers in the same site. I'm going to shut the > orignal one down soon. What is the best way to move the publ...

2003 wont send new mail from default account
I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1 I have read several postings and accept that Outlook will reply to mails via the account the was received from. However, i have added a new account and set it as default, but mail still gets sent from my other account. This even happens when i select the account from within the new mail... the message says 'This message will be sent via mail.mydefaultdomain.com'.. but its actually gets sent via the non default account.. How do i sort this as it is really annoying.. On 19 Jan 2005 14:44:35 -0800, Winshent wrote: > I am running Office Pro 2003 SP1...

intelligent message filter moving everything to junk mail
i recently upgraded to exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 server and installed the intelligent message filter. no matter what i set the scl rating threshold for gateway blocking or store junk email configuration (in global settings/message delivery), every message that is sent from an external source gets automatically dumped into the junk e-mail folder in outlook. but when a message is sent from the same exchange box to another user on the same exchange, its fine. i also installed a utility that views the archived messages, but that utility shows a blank SCL rating. maybe thats why its ending ...

Unable to display the folder...
Hi! I just notice that I cannot access my folders on Outlook Public folder when created a shortcut on my Outlook Today, it just give me this error: Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location But when I will directly check the path, it is accesible. I am using MS Office Outlook 2003 SP2 on Windows XP Pro SP2 thru MS Exchange 2000. I am suddenly having the same problem. If you find a solution, could you please post it or, better yet, send it to me. Thank you "M P" wrote: > Hi! > > I just notice that I...

View -> Sized With Window (for Excel charts): I want it back, plea
While I appreciate that not every function survives from one version to the next, this is one I sorely miss ! I use Excel 2003 at work, and 2007 at home. I can stand the constant bleating about compatability. I can even (barely) tolerate the highlight colors not matching. But this? Why oh why was it removed? Can you at least recommend a macro / VBA script patch to reurn this functionality to the program ? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

Bellsouth.net mail not coming into OL2007
I have been having problems with my bellsouth.net mail coming into OL2007. Some of the messages make it to OL2007 but not all. I spent 4 hours on the phone with att.net trying to fix the problem and it seemed to be working after we disabled all of the startup programs through msconfig, but this morning I see in webmail that there are messages that aren't coming to OL2007. The send/receive is just hanging up. Any help is appreciated. You should not change any windows files on the advice of att. Startup files have nothing to do with Outlook. You must have an error in your account or c...

OL03 and Exch 03 with Mail Marshal
Does anyone know if Mail Marshal (or other filtering s/ware) can add the SCL Rating or another marker to emails so that Outlook 03 can automatically put them into the junk mail folder? If so, can the Junk mail settings in Outlook be set by Group Policy or do they need to be pre-done when we upgrade the PC's? cheers Martin ...

Incoming mails from another external domain are lost
Hi, I have a Exchange Front-End & Back-End combination. Front-End Server also has SMTP Relay server and Intelligent Message Filtering. Front-end server is in a DMZ Zone. I have a pix firewall. I got a peculiar problem. One user has complained me saying he has not received a email sent from another company (external domain say xyz.com). I have checked the server logs and the filtered spam emails. I could not see any email from xyz.com in the server logs. Also the sender from xyz.com did not receive any NDR for this mail also. Can anybody help me on this? Regards Ganapathy Is the...

User's Mailboxes on same server and domain as CRM
Has anyone found a work around to the limitation that the CRM Exchange Router will only route mail from accounts that do not reside in your domain? In other words, if I use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support employees with in my organization, they can not send mail to helpdesk@mydomain.com and have that message routed to a queue w/ in CRM named helpdesk w/ the email address of helpdesk@mydomain.com -- Chris Meredith I am also interested as we would also like to use CRM as a helpdesk tool to support our employees. Darrell "Chris Meredith, CIO" <chris.meredith@allnettek.co...

Trying to mail merge to email
I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? You need to have Entourage set as your default email program. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 1/12/10 1:39 PM, in article 5F41ACE6-2801-46E7-ABCD-2C5D0EE1EC86@microsoft.com, "Leslie" <Leslie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I set up a mail merge but when I tried to finish the merge to an e-mail that > icon was grayed out. Does anyone know why this would be? Entourage is not your default email progr...

Back ground Page numbers
In a multiple page excell file, how can I turn off the back ground page numbers? Thank you Gary Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:100601c4994b$8c99e7b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > In a multiple page excell file, how can I turn off the > back ground page numbers? Thank you Gary Gary, Not sure what you mean by "background page numbers." Do you mean a page number in either the header or footer? If so, go to File | Page Setup. Click on Header/Footer tab. Remo...

Exchange 2003 gagging on mass mailing
There have been a couple of occasions when clients have not used distribution lists or bcc and stuffed hundreds of addresses in the To: field. When they send, I've noticed my XP desktop locking and my Outlook 2003 client "not responding" for a few seconds. Exchange is relaying all external mail through a local campus server. One instance resulted in the relay server rejecting based on a header size limit, but the latest instance was a text email with no attachments send to ~ 400 recipients. I have set a 500 recipient limit on the Exchange server and contacted the users a...

publish chart to IIS Server
Right now i can publish my report to an interactive htm file. How do I publish it to say an IIS Server ? ...

Folder location for Addins
Hi I am deploying an xla applications on tens of computers spread all over the world and am wondering how I can get automaticaly (vbs script) the default location for Addins... Most of the time such a path will work WshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings ("%APPDATA%"&"\Microsoft\AddIns\") BUT I also know that on French machines the final path is not "\Microsoft\AddIns\" but "&"\Microsoft\Macro Complementaire\" So is there someone who would know - how many different locations exist ? - how to find a way to automatically reco...

Mail Merge in browser
Hi, In MS CRM you can use mail merge with the SFO-client and direct e-mail in the browser. Now I'm using the c360 Search Pac for selecting the contacts, but this only works when it is in a browser. I want to mail merge the selection made with the Search Pac, but can only select direct email. Is there a way I can use the mail merge function in the browser (and the direct email in the SFO)? And can someone tell why this is, why just put both features in the browser as in the SFO-client? Greetz, MattijsW Hi! There is no possibility to directly make a MailMerge out of the browse. The...

mail merger in excel
Hi everyone, Can anyone help me in creating mail merger type of application in Excel... its important. I want to select one record (may be by drop down form) and values associated with that record should automatically be transferred to the fields. Example. if i have engine then i will select the engine name and all parameters will get enter in the forms. Prompt reply will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance gautam duplicate post ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "gautam" <gautam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3887B867-A614-478F-BA...

how to add a letter in front of each number in a cell
I am working on this project & I cant figure out how to add a letter in front of each number in a cell without clicking in to each individual cell and typing it in. (very time consuming and tedious) The problem is - it's not all the cells but a majority, all of the numbers are in the same column. To explain, these are documents in storage. Each item is assigned a number (not in any particular numerical order but they have to stay in the order they are. Example: X39655 X39656 X39711 39662 39664 39665 The last three numbers need the X in front of them. Any ideas? Thanks so muc...

Sharing contact folder for multiple machines?
I have 3 WinXP machines connected to a network via a router. Is there a way to share the contact folder for everyone's Outlook? That way, a contact change need not be done for every machine. See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/share.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:OWYWuxkAEHA.712@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl, tiki2k wrote: > I have 3 WinXP machines connected to a network via a router. Is the...