Mail not delivered

Hi,

I've got the following problem.
I client of ours doesn't recieve any mail from us anymore. They recently
changed ISP and therefore their IP adres has changed.
Our exchange server is also the DNS server, but when I look in the DNS
table, I only see internal network ipadresses.
We use a W2K sp3 server with Exchange5.5 SP4.
Is it enough to clear the cache on the DNS server and update the server
data files by selecting the option after right clicking the DNS server?

Kind regards,

Michiel
0
askme7923 (13)

No Port 25, Still Receving Mail
Hello, I'm having an odd issue with our Exchange server. I can no longer see port 25 from outside our firewall. I've tried the following to confirm this: - I ran a port scan, only port for Pop3 and IMAP are open - I try telneting into port 25 and I get no response - I try using the SMTP server through a mail client and get no response Certainly, this seems like a firewall issue.... but the oddity is, I'm still geting external mail. How does Exchange 5.5 receive mail if port 25 is unavailable?? There is no relay within our network. The MX record points directly to this mail ...

I cannot send or recieve mail
I am using Exchange Server 5.5 for our office on Win NT. I used the MS Exchange Optimiser and after that no one can send or recieve mails on our network. Can anyone help me? Have you checked if all Exchange Services are up? Do you get any event log errors? -- Blog "subject: exchange" http://spaces.msn.com/members/ehlo/ "mugs" <mugs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47480E15-63B5-4F97-8E13-D3CBAC97669F@microsoft.com... >I am using Exchange Server 5.5 for our office on Win NT. I used the MS > Exchange Optimiser and after that no one can sen...

Mail Header
Is there a way to, either, fake the name of internal exchange mail server or block the name from appearing in mail header? The idea is to not to let the receipient see the name of my internal servers. Thanks in advance What version of Exchange Server? RG wrote: > Is there a way to, either, fake the name of internal exchange mail server or > block the name from appearing in mail header? > > The idea is to not to let the receipient see the name of my internal > servers. > > Thanks in advance -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.p...

What is the litte i in a circle attached to the mail icon?
There is a little i in a circle under a mail envelop icon in Outlook.. what is that? It is I for Information. Open the email so Outlook can remove thedata from the email (if it's an incoing email). It may be a voting response or some other form of email that holds data. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook in Canberra, Australia "Tif" <Tif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E6FB17B-3CDE-473A-B125-93946D28951D@microsoft.com... > There is a little i in a circle under a mail envelop icon in Outlook.. > what > is that? ...

bp server and e-mailing server lowest price Waiting for u #3
We have been supplying BP server and mailing server since 1999. All of these servers have been entered into main USA,Canada,Europen and other counteries. Believe in us,we had been the best BP server and mailing server facilitator we continuously improve our product /service system and truly value all your suggestions and comments. Balance is the most important princible of us(big smile to u) Bullet Proof servers: 4 IPs 1024MB RAM DDR P4 2.4 CPU 80 GB Dedicated 100 M fiber Unlimited Data Transfer Linux/Windows/FreeBSD &nbsp; price:$ 500 mailing server 64 IPs 2G RAM DDR P4 2.4 80 GB Linux/...

Intelligent Message Filtering eating outbound mail
Hi We have a dotnet application which sends emails via our Exchange 2003 server - the Intelligent Message Filtering component though is treating them as spam and deleting them - what steps can we take to stop this happening ? thanks Bruce On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:07:42 +1000, "Bruce Baker" <bruceb@ardex.com.au.nospam> wrote: >Hi > >We have a dotnet application which sends emails via our Exchange 2003 >server - the Intelligent Message Filtering component though is treating them >as spam and deleting them - what steps can we take to stop this happening ? &...

i am trying to set up a new mail ........
i am trying to set up a new e-mail address on windows mail aswell as import my current live account to windows mail. my servive provider is vodafone. kind regards jenny Let us know how it goes. -- -- "jenny lynn ince" <garthandjenny@live.com> wrote in message news:uEfkl7zoKHA.4836@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >i am trying to set up a new e-mail address on windows mail aswell as import >my current live account to windows mail. > my servive provider is vodafone. kind regards jenny "jenny lynn ince" <garthandjenny@live.com> ??????...

AD for 2k3 not creating new mail boxes in Exchange 2k3
Well, here is my issue and what I have tried to resolve it. With no luck I can create a new user in AD on my 2k3 standard server but it does not create a new users mail box. I have made sure that the Exchange settings are correct for the user. The Exchange 2k3 server is the GC. This is a new issue that has just started for me. I have not had this Issue before. This only recent change that I have done (several months ago) was move change the GC (2k) to the exchange server (2k3) and remove from the old server. I have also made the Exchange server the information master and all that...

E-mails are changed after Exchange Mailbox Migration
Hello, We used Exchange 2003 Migration Wizard to migrate mailboxes from Exchange 5.5 Enterprise to Exchange 2003 Enterprise. The migration passed without any error. But after the migration, when I checked some mailboxes on Exchange 2003 I saw a confusing differences - some letters in Exchange 2003 are not stored as the same e-mail message as in Exchange 5.5. but as attached letters to an e-mail message with the same subject. What cause this behaviour and is there a workaround for it? Thanks, George ...

Publisher
If I have a postcard file I've already made on the screen, when I try to pull up the "Merge" feature under Tools, it is shaded grey and I can't open it. It insists that I either form a new database list of addresses or edit the one that I want to merge. I don't want to edit the one I want to merge. I just want to MERGE it. If, however, I have just a postcard template on the screen (without it having been made into anything, I CAN pull up the "merge" feature under Tools. It is not shaded out. How do I un-shade the merge feature and activate it for a ...

mail labels
I have very carefully made a sheet divided into label sizes that I'd like to print, only to realize mail merge in Publisher can only handle one set of fields per sheet, as opposed to different records within the same sheet. Someone please tell me I'm wrong, as the process of getting the lineup of label margins was excruciating. If there is a way to access records and get them to print from top to right or top to bottom on a single page (continuing on subsequent pages with subsequent records, of course), then please speak now, so I am not back to square 1. Thanks. -- Boris M...

Directory & Mail Connections
Hi I have exchange 2003 SP1 on a W2K3 SP1. I have 2 remote ofices connected via VPN with DC's on each site. If i connect to exchange with outlook 2003 using outlook /rpcdiag to view the connection status it shows the Mail connections to the exchange box and the Directory connection to teh domain controller as it should. However the Directory connection is to a DC on one of the remote sites which is fine for users on the main site and that remote site but the users on the 3rd site are unable to connect as there is no tunnel for them to connect over. This has occurred recently as bef...

MAIL FAILED FOLDER
Can someone tell me where the mailed failed folder is described in the POP3 connector properties. Mail has been going missing and there seems to be alot in the mail failed folder only I can't find it to see what mail it is. Thanks in advance for any help. Mike Try an SBS group for help with the SBS bundled POP connector. Or change to hosting your own mail, and this problem goes away. Mike D wrote: > Can someone tell me where the mailed failed folder is > described in the POP3 connector properties. > > Mail has been going missing and there seems to be alot in > the m...

Missing "Send Direct E-Mail" button from toolbar
For some reason the "Send Direct E-Mail" button is missing from the Account and Contact toolbar. I was using them to test out the functionality and then shortly after they were gone. I looked on the server and the tool was there, but for some reason its just gone on my work station. Can anybody shed some light on this. Thank you Hi, this is usually a conflict between the CRM Outlook client and the Web client. Assuming you have the Outlook client installed... Close CRM Close Outlook Start CRM (Web) You should find the button reappears. Regards Ian "jfarruggia" ...

Use of Mail Merge in Publisher 2003
I have a document in Publisher 2003 and use mail merge from an Excel file. The newsletter has 200 addresses. The document looks fine until I do mail merge and create a new publication. Then my spacing changes and some columns are reducted in size. The entire newsletter format is changed! I have tried several things, nothing has worked. Any suggestions? Kim McEntire Reference: Create and send e-mail publications using Publisher: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/publisher/HA010743381033.aspx Reference: Tips and troubleshooting for sending a publication page as an e-mail message (2003): h...

Convert Word Form to E-mail Form
I have a number of word 2000 forms that I would like to convert to an e-mailable form. Could anyone please point me in the right direction. You'll have to start from scratch on your Outlook form. There's no conversion process. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web interface, at http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for ...

email not showing up in Windows Mail now that I added it to my pho
I have been getting my email flawlessly on Windows Mail for over a year. Recently, I added the same email address to my phone so I could read my email when I was not home. When I read them on my phone during the day, they are not also on my desktop Windows Mail anymore. I can not find any setting in the Windows Mail to keep the messages on the server. There must be a way to have the same email in 2 places at once. please help In Windows Mail, it is easy. Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of messages on the server. The problem is that ...

right to left input in Live Mail
After a couple hours of frustration, I still have been unable to discover how to change the keying direction in Live Mail so that the input is from right to left. I use several languages, most left to right, but occasionally I want to input Hebrew text. The letters appear, but there's no way I can find to have a normal input with the punctuation in the right places. What have I missed? Avraham Hanadari "Avraham Hanadari" wrote: > After a couple hours of frustration, I still have been unable to discover > how to change the keying direction in Live...

E-mail forwarding to external SMTP address
On an Exchange 5.5 server, how can I set up a recipient to have his = e-mail forwarded to an external e-mail address? I have checked the KB = but could find nothing on this. >-----Original Message----- >On an Exchange 5.5 server, how can I set up a recipient to have his e-mail forwarded to an external e-mail address? I have checked the KB but could find nothing on this. >. > create a contact with the external address, then you will be able to pick that contact from the GAL to forward to in the delivery options As I understand, you need to create a custom recipient to forw...

Send to mail recipient "Choose profile?"
Ok this is kind of annoying everytime I right click on something Outlook 2002 comes up with a box asking me to choose profile but I only have 1 profile on this comp. Ive went to the options box and told it to set it as the default but next time I try to send something it still wants me to choose profile. Any ideals on what im missing? ...

Reinstalled XP, now can't access Outlook mail.
We reinstalled XP Pro on our office machine. Now we cannot view our email (Outlook 2002)!!! Now when we launch Outlook it's as if it were a fresh install & we are a new user. HOW CAN WE USE OUR EXISISTING EMAIL ACCOUNT?? ...

Problems with mail
I am still having problems with my mail that I haven't been able to resolve. I have two computers in the house and windows mail works on one but not on the other. I know I have my username and password correct but it still doesn't work on this computer Account: 'pop.embarqmail.com (1)', Server: 'pop.embarqmail.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid login or password', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC92 "lilloola" <lilloola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message new...

How can I attach note to a sent e-mail
I have sent an e-mail and received a verbal reply. I wish to attach a note to the e-mail I sent regarding the verbal comments. Kaza wrote: > I have sent an e-mail and received a verbal reply. I wish to attach a note > to the e-mail I sent regarding the verbal comments. Depending on your version of Outlook, (which you really should supply, as versions are different), have you looked at opening the message and (in 2007) doing Other Actions-Edit Message? -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FU...

Best way to maintain back-up of e-mails and contact data?
Does anyone have experience in maintaining a good back-up routine for the data within Outlook for XP? I routinely back up all data files within my documents, but find it difficult to manage the data within Outlook gregg gaskins You can setup Outlook so its data files are in My Documents ilsrwy6 wrote: > Does anyone have experience in maintaining a good back-up routine > for > the data within Outlook for XP? I routinely back up all data files > within my documents, but find it difficult to manage the data within > Outlook > > gregg gaskins >-----Original Mess...

Outlook 2003 rules mail function
hallo, I=B4m testing the rules in outlook 2003 and it seems not=20 working properly. I have an swedish winxp environment sw outlook 2003=20 installed and 4 email account pop-3. I want to sort incoming mail from account 1 to submap 1 in=20 inbox and sort account 2 in to submap 2 and so on... The issue is that I have lots of mail in inbox which is=20 from acount 1 to 4. When I make a rule for moving account-1 mail from inbox to=20 subfolder-1 it moves everything in inbox to this subfolder. The rules indicates no problem It say when mail from=20 account 1 move to subfolder 1. But when processi...